fecking Burnley

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
feck off Burnley you bunch of cloggers. Hope to see you as often as we see Stoke

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I've hated them ever since that game they beat us after promotion. Genuinely hate them.

Born2Lose

Luck ran out for them finally, enjoy the Championship you game raising dossers.

Skills

Snitch
I hope they'll come back with a non-shithouse manager. Need a few more northern clubs

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
What I liked about them is they do get points against the teams in the top half of the table. Leeds just don't.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's a strong correlation between the teams down at the bottom 'trying to play a bit' and City and Liverpool getting 90+ points every year.

It seemed less easy for the top teams when most of the bottom half were shithouse long ball sides.

ROFLUTION

I hope another similar team goes up. I like there to be just one or two teams with a physical and classic english 80's long-ball approach

marktan

They've got something like £10m per year in interest payments now. Not going to be fun in the Championship

Uniquim

They've got something like £10m per year in interest payments now. Not going to be fun in the Championship
There was an article about not that long ago (pasted a part of below). They're not in a great state.

BBC said:
In the latest accounts, it is confirmed that £102m-worth of debt has been taken on through two of its holding companies, £65m to Burnley FC Holdings Ltd and £37m to the Burnley Football and Athletic Company.

On the £65m loan specifically, it is outlined in the accounts that it attracts 8% annual interest. Only interest payments are made until December 2025, when the entire sum due is due to be repaid.

However, relegation brings that repayment date forward significantly, with a further "significant reduction of the loan balance" due in what is described as "a continuing relegation scenario" - if the club failed to return to the top flight.

"The balance can potentially be settled by various means, and the group's reserves are sufficient to enable a significant proportion of the balance to be settled by way of dividends if required," the accounts say.

They add that there would be "a significant reduction in wages and salaries" upon relegation, as well as money from the sale of players, "as is common for many clubs relegated from the Premier League".

The club has £50m in reserves - down from £80m in last year's financial results.

Over the year to July 2021, the club's turnover fell from £134m to £115m, which the club said was driven by "the lack of fan attendance" due to Covid restrictions "and the lower placed league finish at 17th".

It means the club recorded a £3m pre-tax loss.

The accounts also state that following the end of the reporting period, Burnley advanced £10m to a "fellow group company".

[source]
Also, the £17.5m relegation clause for Maxwel Cornet will be activated now too. I don't think we'll see them for a while if they don't get back up again next year. Think they have 9-10 expiring contracts again this year too.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
What I liked about them is they do get points against the teams in the top half of the table. Leeds just don't.
What I hated about them was as soon as they went behind against top teams they would just spend the rest of the game trying their best to injure the opponents. Good riddance. feck them.

Uniquim

Same. We lost the league that season by a point.
tbf, Chelsea winning 2-1 at Old Trafford through a clearly offside Drogba goal IN APRIL was the most annoying part about losing by one point.
United only dropped points one more time that season after that game too.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the Rafael red card v Bayern was 4 days later.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
tbf, Chelsea winning 2-1 at Old Trafford through a clearly offside Drogba goal IN APRIL was the most annoying part about losing by one point.

After Macheda scored with a handball to equalise...

Man-United

The faul by Terry at stamford bridge in november 2009 was also criminal, but again, it was of course Martin Atkinson as ref.

RoyH1

As much as I dislike their playing style and aggressive fanbase, it’s a shame when a club like theirs has fought for so long to stay in the top flight

Varane around town

Apparently Burnley's finances are massively hedged on them staying in the Prem. I reckon it's going to be a long time before we see them back.

dbs235

They had a good run but it was about time it finished. Only issue is if Huddersfield win the play offs, the options coming up from the Championship are all just as boring.

Lee565

Good riddance game raising bogey side that played the most unwatchable football every season they were in the league, I can safely say I have never watched a Burnley game that didn't involve united as the opposition

Castia

They’re going to free fall aren’t they. League 1 within 2 years.

Morpheus 7

Won't be missed, hoof ball brutes. Poor Sam Dyche will be depressed eating worms, should've kept the big man.

norm87cro

Personally I don't get the hate. It's pragmatic football given the resources they have. And some teams with that strategy have more longeivity than teams that get promoted and try to goe toe to toe with much more stronger teams. The likes of Brentford never last

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
God I remember that game so well. We'd lost Ronaldo to Madrid and Tevez to City,. We signed Owen, Obertan and Valencia. I thought that was going to be our demise and The Boss was going to bow out like Wenger, not the vitriol toward him, although you never know, but similar results, plus the whole "no value in the market" spiel.

Anywho. Would have rather seen Leeds go down.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I like Burnley. Sad to see them go down. A good British club who play football their own way.

wanted Leeds to go down so we had a chance of getting Raphina

marktan

There was an article about not that long ago (pasted a part of below). They're not in a great state.

Also, the £17.5m relegation clause for Maxwel Cornet will be activated now too. I don't think we'll see them for a while if they don't get back up again next year. Think they have 9-10 expiring contracts again this year too.
Yeah it's a bit of a joke really. Leveraged buy outs and hedge funds are banned from the NFL, and rightly so. It's no surprise they're all steaming into the UK when it's allowed here - almost no risk to the buyer and all the risk loaded onto the club with high interest payments. Why the English footballing authorities haven't banned it is beyond me. Probably because they don't understand just how large the risks are.

Burnley are going to be asset stripped in the summer and with them having to spend all the parachute payments paying off the debt, there's not going to be much left to build the team with. To go from a strongly asset-rich premier League club to a asset negative club in one fell swoop.

Cloud7

Personally I don't get the hate. It's pragmatic football given the resources they have. And some teams with that strategy have more longeivity than teams that get promoted and try to goe toe to toe with much more stronger teams. The likes of Brentford never last
Lasting to what end though? Do you think the fans enjoy watching Burnley play more than the Brentford fans enjoy their team playing actual football? What’s the point in playing long ball, crap football just to scrape an existence in the PL?

Kaushal

Was happy that 3 most useless clubs in the premier league got relegated this season. But then I remembered fecking Fulham and Bournemouth got promoted. Now I miss Burnley. Needs Notts forrest to come up now desperately. Can’t tolerate Huddersfield again. Atleast give us one good club ffs. Would be lovely to see Notts Forrest back again.

norm87cro

Lasting to what end though? Do you think the fans enjoy watching Burnley play more than the Brentford fans enjoy their team playing actual football? What’s the point in playing long ball, crap football just to scrape an existence in the PL?
What's the point of Atletico playing ugly football on the biggest stage of football? To open up and get carved by City Bayern or Real? Both Burnley and Atletico (despite the obvious difference in quality) play for their fans (and that can't be said for our sorry lot here at United) not the opinion of the general public. One team occasionaly wins the league and makes a good CL run and the other stays afloat in the Prem.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Would have been good to see Leeds go down (obviously) but I'd expect us to get a result against them more often than not than against Burnley. Ta'ra hoofers.

Smithy89

Glad to see the back of them EDL hoof ball merchants, shame Leeds never went with them.

Delighted they're gone, have a feeling they wont be back any time soon. Horrible club who existed solely to stop other teams playing football with players who were happy to fly into legbreaking tackles but went down like they'd been shot if anybody so much as breathed on them.