Federico Chiesa - scouted by United - on his way to Juve

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
This guy has no end product. He’s perhaps the most overrated player in Italy (together with that donkey of a player Belotti)

I wouldn’t even pay 20 mill for him.
Agreed on Chiesa. Belotti is only overrated because Torino president asks for obscene amount for him. He's not overrated by anyone else.

I actually feel bad for him because he's the most unlucky striker in Serie A since he plays with the most uncreative midfield and a club that hardly creates anything for him. Torino plays 3 defensive midfielders at the same time for a lot of games ( in which they go with 3-5-2.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Some underrating of Chiesa going on here. He’s playing in a pretty poor team with very little service and quality players around him.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
This guy has no end product. He’s perhaps the most overrated player in Italy (together with that donkey of a player Belotti)

I wouldn’t even pay 20 mill for him.
Spoken like someone who has watched him play a handful of times.

Blood Mage

Would be a good alternative signing to Sancho if we don't get champions league football. Quality left-footed wingers are rare.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If we can’t get Sancho, I don’t mind getting Chiesa instead. Afterall if we really believe in our own attack trio of Rashford, Martial and Greenwood, all we need is a quality backup or for squad rotation, Chiesa is easily good enough for that role.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I just think goes for David Brooks or Matondo before he thinks about Chiesa. Chiesa obviously is awesome but is his girlfriend gonna moan about the weather in Manchester? Is he gonna miss his mother's Bolognaise too much? It's just too much of a risk whether he will settle or not.

Ole will buy from Serie A if there's a deal that's too good to be true, but I think he'd honestly prefer to give Chong a chance or give Greenwood the right wing rather than take a risk on Chiesa. The report in the Italian press that we are favourites to land him is agents simply getting his name out there.
Seriously? Brooks had been injured throughout most of this season, Matondo is not a first teamer in a shit German league were even Kagawa and Mkhitaryan can score a ridiculous amount of goals while Chong had played how many games with us?. Chiesa is an Italian international who had scored hat tricks against clubs like Roma and Spain U21. He can also play as LW, RW and upfront. He's a clear superior choice to all of them. Should we also avoid signing French and Spanish talent just in case they 'miss' the baguettes or the paella?

Son

If we can’t get Sancho, I don’t mind getting Chiesa instead. Afterall if we really believe in our own attack trio of Rashford, Martial and Greenwood, all we need is a quality backup or for squad rotation, Chiesa is easily good enough for that role.
The club should do absolutely everything in its power to get Sancho. He’s like the new Neymar. A genius on the football pitch.

You buy him no questions asked if you have the cash. Worry about the rest later.

Chiesa is a huge risk even as a squad player and we don’t have to risk anything in our position. I’d swap him for Daniel James & a bit of cash that’s all.

Reactions: Sultan

Mani

But at what cost? To me Chiesa looks to be decent player,hard working create more for team and himself.

Champagne Football

Seriously? Brooks had been injured throughout most of this season, Matondo is not a first teamer in a shit German league were even Kagawa and Mkhitaryan can score a ridiculous amount of goals while Chong had played how many games with us?. Chiesa is an Italian international who had scored hat tricks against clubs like Roma and Spain U21. He can also play as LW, RW and upfront. He's a clear superior choice to all of them. Should we also avoid signing French and Spanish talent just in case they 'miss' the baguettes or the paella?
French players can't compare. They have an insane record of being massive hits in the PL compared to Italians. Spanish tend to settle better in English culture and into leagues with colder climates than Italians.
Chiesa is an amazing player who can be anything he wants to be in Italy or La Liga. I just don't think he fits the profile but of course if Ole's 1st and 2nd choices are unavailable then he will go for a 3rd choice which I think Chiesa would be after Sancho, Torres, and Brooks.
It's definitely too soon to be mentioning Matondo, but sometimes those off the radar unheard of kids type signings can pay off most, like Arsenal's signing of Gabriel Martinelli did.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
French players can't compare. They have an insane record of being massive hits in the PL compared to Italians. Spanish tend to settle better in English culture and into leagues with colder climates than Italians.
Chiesa is an amazing player who can be anything he wants to be in Italy or La Liga. I just don't think he fits the profile but of course if Ole's 1st and 2nd choices are unavailable then he will go for a 3rd choice which I think Chiesa would be after Sancho, Torres, and Brooks.
It's definitely too soon to be mentioning Matondo, but sometimes those off the radar unheard of kids type signings can pay off most, like Arsenal's signing of Gabriel Martinelli did.
Italian players are a bit like the British and the Germans. They tend to prefer staying in their home country if possible. That means that the best talent tend to remain at home. Also British fans tend to be based towards their own. We all know that if Shaw and Jones were given the same amount of patience Darmian let alone Taibi was given then they would have left the club long ago.

That doesn't mean that some great signings can't be made. Chiesa is one of them. He's young, he's talented and he's versatile, which fits Ole's ideology perfectly. At 50m he would be a steal as well and he can be the great cover/competition we need up until Dortmund decide to be reasonable regarding Sancho

United's biggest issue is our lack of strength in depth. Past the first team we are basically cack. Chiesa is a step to the right direction especially since it would allow us to sell jesse, Mata and co

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's the best alternative to Sancho IMO. His first touch is unbelievably good and he has a real warrior like attitude and would be fantastic in a high press due to his immense work rate and ability in general.

jamesjimmybyrondean

At this point he's become the only good alternative to Sancho. Ferran Torres is off to City. Dembele is a risk. Traore us overpriced and Brooks is just returning from a long term injury

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
But at what cost? To me Chiesa looks to be decent player,hard working create more for team and himself.
Let's just say, I don't think we will pay more than 100m for Sancho, and I don't think Dortmund willing to let him go for any less. Also, we are currently 5th on the table, I don't think Sancho would 100% want to join us if we couldn't qualify for CL next season.

Saying that, I wouldn't pay more than 40m for Chiesa though. We only need a good backup for squad rotation, 40m is already alot for that type of role, in this type of market.

Mani

Let's just say, I don't think we will pay more than 100m for Sancho, and I don't think Dortmund willing to let him go for any less. Also, we are currently 5th on the table, I don't think Sancho would 100% want to join us if we couldn't qualify for CL next season.

Saying that, I wouldn't pay more than 40m for Chiesa though. We only need a good backup for squad rotation, 40m is already alot for that type of role, in this type of market.
40m is not bad for the player of Chiesa caliber,but let’s hope that we get our primary target Sancho.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
No way Juventus are paying that amount for a player of Chiesa’s quality. They usually pick them up on frees
His contract expires in 2022
Suspect its crossed fiorentinas mind it might be best to get some decent cash this summer rather that wait for juve to start circling for a low fee / free in 2021/2022

mattunited1978

doommonger
The club should do absolutely everything in its power to get Sancho. He’s like the new Neymar. A genius on the football pitch.

You buy him no questions asked if you have the cash. Worry about the rest later.

Chiesa is a huge risk even as a squad player and we don’t have to risk anything in our position. I’d swap him for Daniel James & a bit of cash that’s all.
Agree on Sancho 100%

LuckyScout78

I love this boy explosiveness and acceleration. Chiesa is so quick the first metres, and really quick long distance too. And his determination with the ball is top notch too. It’s no room for sloppy or fancy football. Keep it simple. And if you have advantage by quick acceleration. You can get away from opponents players easily. Use it. No need for fancy trick to get away.
Always have on your mind and focus to creates chances and scoring goals. And 100 % determination will help you that.

A top skillful player will not not reach the top level. If the mental and mindset. Like determination and 100% dedication outside the pitch too. This boy is really dedicate and determination. Top athlete like McTom.

And this boy is a hard worker and if i am not wrong. He has taken english classes. Hard work and peoples who are willing to sacrifice others good things on life to reach theirs goals. I think he will adapt find in Manchester and England too. Never say never. Even French, Dutch and Spanish players suit most of the time better than Italian.
But don’t remember the special Paolo Di Canio who Sir Alex was close to buy and end up at West Ham. Plus Gianlucca Vialli and the amazing magic Zola for Chelsea. Never say never.

United have a great group of youngster in Rashford, McTom and the rest. And i hope they are really appreciating playing with really good football players. So i think Chiesa with settle in find.
And compare to earlier times. We have Viber, facebook and Facetime. So the missing will be lesser. Will help life easier outside the pitch.

So back to football. I was 100 % sure when Robert Lewandoski was playing for Lech Poznan, Bruno last summer.

High quality football players don’t need premier league proven visa. Just like if you are good enough, you are old enough.

Again. Watch closely his explosiveness and acceleration. He pass players easily by that, beside his really good football skills. And as left winger. To be honest. I am not sure if Rashford is a better left winger than Chiesa. Rashford is a natural CF, ala Vardy mould, break trough with Louis Van Gaal game against Arsenal. The header goal and another.

I don’t mind seeing United good old 442 formation

Sancho/Chiesa/J.Ilicic - McTom/Matic - Pogba - Chiesa/Sancho + Greenwood/Bruno/Rashford - Rashford/Martial

United have 3 really good CF in Rashford, Greenwood and Martial. Buying Sancho and Chiesa. Will allow Greenwood and Rashford to move back to theirs natural positions. Develop and specialized as CF. Then United don’t need to buy a new CF in the years to come.

Getting top 4 as early as better. It will give United more time to deal with Dortmund about Sancho and more time working on others RW options. If Sancho decides not coming.

So in the end. Having both Sancho and Chiesa at United. United have a really good upcoming really good football players. But if not Sancho this year. Then i will be satisfy with Josip Ilicic + Chiesa too.
Josip Ilicic is the best and sharpest finish out of those 3: Ilicic, Sancho ,Chiesa

Josip Ilicic = best finish. We are talking Robben level
Jadon Sancho = Best 2 feets dribbler in the world
Federico Chiesa = Best hard work and aggression out of those 3

One for Atalanta. Top 8 champion league level
Chiesa from Fiorentina

The price of Sancho makes it most difficult. The others two i think is more easier. And if United and Ole take a phone talk with Chiesa and Ilicic, after permission from theirs representatives clubs. A huge club like United. I think they will come to United.

Beside Greenwood, Sancho and Chiesa. I will always love watch a left foot player like Josip Ilicic. A gift and super sharp left foot a la Robben and Kewell.
Back in the days i was disappointed that United and Sir Alex were missed out on Robben to Chelsea and Harry Kewell to Liverpool. But luckily lately with Van Persie.
But again Josip Ilicic left foot and football head and vision. Then we are talking on that level. Robben, Van Persie and Kewell level.

Even Ilicic is 32 now. He is lightweight, a bit heavier than tinny Giggs. Easily 3 more years left on a really high level with Ilicic. The skills and pace fade slowly away by ages. But his touch and football head. Fans favorite players. Players that keep you stand up from your seats. Federico Chiesa is not there yet, but Josip Ilicic he is there. Top level.

Yeah Sancho, Chiesa and Ilicic. I would love to have them all in my squad. Footballers and footie players. Kind of guys you will love to play five a side in the street. They bring the street artist, but still effective football into the 11 pitch. So all of those 3 are the real deal.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I love this boy explosiveness and acceleration. Chiesa is so quick the first metres, and really quick long distance too. And his determination with the ball is top notch too. It’s no room for sloppy or fancy football. Keep it simple. And if you have advantage by quick acceleration. You can get away from opponents players easily. Use it. No need for fancy trick to get away.
Always have on your mind and focus to creates chances and scoring goals. And 100 % determination will help you that.

A top skillful player will not not reach the top level. If the mental and mindset. Like determination and 100% dedication outside the pitch too. This boy is really dedicate and determination. Top athlete like McTom.

And this boy is a hard worker and if i am not wrong. He has taken english classes. Hard work and peoples who are willing to sacrifice others good things on life to reach theirs goals. I think he will adapt find in Manchester and England too. Never say never. Even French, Dutch and Spanish players suit most of the time better than Italian.
But don’t remember the special Paolo Di Canio who Sir Alex was close to buy and end up at West Ham. Plus Gianlucca Vialli and the amazing magic Zola for Chelsea. Never say never.

United have a great group of youngster in Rashford, McTom and the rest. And i hope they are really appreciating playing with really good football players. So i think Chiesa with settle in find.
And compare to earlier times. We have Viber, facebook and Facetime. So the missing will be lesser. Will help life easier outside the pitch.

So back to football. I was 100 % sure when Robert Lewandoski was playing for Lech Poznan, Bruno last summer.

High quality football players don’t need premier league proven visa. Just like if you are good enough, you are old enough.

Again. Watch closely his explosiveness and acceleration. He pass players easily by that, beside his really good football skills. And as left winger. To be honest. I am not sure if Rashford is a better left winger than Chiesa. Rashford is a natural CF, ala Vardy mould, break trough with Louis Van Gaal game against Arsenal. The header goal and another.

I don’t mind seeing United good old 442 formation

Sancho/Chiesa/J.Ilicic - McTom/Matic - Pogba - Chiesa/Sancho + Greenwood/Bruno/Rashford - Rashford/Martial

United have 3 really good CF in Rashford, Greenwood and Martial. Buying Sancho and Chiesa. Will allow Greenwood and Rashford to move back to theirs natural positions. Develop and specialized as CF. Then United don’t need to buy a new CF in the years to come.

Getting top 4 as early as better. It will give United more time to deal with Dortmund about Sancho and more time working on others RW options. If Sancho decides not coming.

So in the end. Having both Sancho and Chiesa at United. United have a really good upcoming really good football players. But if not Sancho this year. Then i will be satisfy with Josip Ilicic + Chiesa too.
Josip Ilicic is the best and sharpest finish out of those 3: Ilicic, Sancho ,Chiesa

Josip Ilicic = best finish. We are talking Robben level
Jadon Sancho = Best 2 feets dribbler in the world
Federico Chiesa = Best hard work and aggression out of those 3

One for Atalanta. Top 8 champion league level
Chiesa from Fiorentina

The price of Sancho makes it most difficult. The others two i think is more easier. And if United and Ole take a phone talk with Chiesa and Ilicic, after permission from theirs representatives clubs. A huge club like United. I think they will come to United.

Beside Greenwood, Sancho and Chiesa. I will always love watch a left foot player like Josip Ilicic. A gift and super sharp left foot a la Robben and Kewell.
Back in the days i was disappointed that United and Sir Alex were missed out on Robben to Chelsea and Harry Kewell to Liverpool. But luckily lately with Van Persie.
But again Josip Ilicic left foot and football head and vision. Then we are talking on that level. Robben, Van Persie and Kewell level.

Even Ilicic is 32 now. He is lightweight, a bit heavier than tinny Giggs. Easily 3 more years left on a really high level with Ilicic. The skills and pace fade slowly away by ages. But his touch and football head. Fans favorite players. Players that keep you stand up from your seats. Federico Chiesa is not there yet, but Josip Ilicic he is there. Top level.

Yeah Sancho, Chiesa and Ilicic. I would love to have them all in my squad. Footballers and footie players. Kind of guys you will love to play five a side in the street. They bring the street artist, but still effective football into the 11 pitch. So all of those 3 are the real deal.
Josep Illic? You know he turned 32 back in January right?

LuckyScout78

If not Sancho this summer. Then Federico Chiesa is another really good RW/LW alternative. He is explosive, skill ful, direct and determination. It is all about the end product. Even Chiesa is not on same level when it come to one on one skill and beat players like Sancho. But if you are direct, determination, quick, effience and clinical like Gnabry. With a sharp and clinical finisher. Then this boy click all the boxes.

Again. I can say Federico Chiesa is on same level as Bruno Ferndandes when it come to skill with the ball, hard work and fight mentality and quick head and feets.

Buy Chiesa this summer. Then try Sancho again next year. Another solution is to buy both, this summer if you can. Then you move Rashford back as CF option. Let Rashford specialize as CF, 100 %. Then you dont need to extend Ighalo contract after January.

If Dortmund stand on their statement. Then move on. Work on Chiesa, a LB, a allround creative CM and others areas to strength.

Buy player with winner mentality. Not only skillful.

LuckyScout78

This guy will strength United RW a lot. And to be honest. Chiesa is above Rashford as LW. Chiesa is a typical LW. And because of Ribery presence in Fiorentina. Chiesa had to play as RW for Fiorentina this season and Ribery as LW. It just show he will play wherever the manager put him to play. A hard work aggressive team player.
Chiesa know and is a player who knows when to pass the ball and when to beat players. I rate this ability really high. Deliver the ball at the right time and not to keep the ball on too long. It’s about few touches, quick and precise pass and many movements at the same time.

Like i have said earlier. Same level as Bruno. Quick head and feets. And same mentality. And naturally same price tag. If i own Federico Chiesa. I would give United quality warranty insurance. Buy this boy for 50 £ mill and add on. Full money back if United are not satisfy with him, as RW/LW/Free CAM role. I am 100 % sure about this boy. Reason why i will give quality warranty, if i own him.

Chiesa is half level up from James, Lingard and Perreira. It’s about Chiesa as a fullpacket football player. Chiesa is a baller. On his good day form and max level. If he gets it out. He has everything. And playing with really good players like Bruno, Rashford, Martial and Greenwood. Chiesa suit and match those boys skill and mentality. Chiesa is a winning head. United need to buy winners. Even they are not the best dribler in the world. Its all about the full packet and end product. Goal focus, 100% determination and clinical and sharp finish. Chiesa has it and he click all the boxes.

United should learn from last summer. Spend time on players United will not get and got rejected. First Eriksen, then Dybala in the last days of transfer window. Luckily Bruno was still available in January.
Buy Chiesa early and go into Sancho next summer. With a better hand in poker. The gaming of negotiation. Right now, United is playing the negotiation with Dortmund a poor hand. A 10 & 5 or J & 6. United only have the Covid argument and cards to play with. United have nothing to fall back. With Chiesa is definitely a pocket J or J & 10 suit.
They i think and believe it is big big chance United have to play what United want in the end.

Conclusion. This boy is the real deal. Chiesa will strength United current XI starting line up. As LW. Then you move Greenwood up as CF and end Ighalo contract in January. Chiesa as LW, you move Rashford up as CF option. And in need, without Bruno. You play Chiesain Bruno free cam role. Chiesa is versatile and can play all over the attacking line.
In the end. I have no close relation to Chiesa. Neither his agent. But i see United are in need to strength RW. Sancho and Gnabry is ideal. But with Federico Chiesa. He is closest to those two you can get. Direct player like Gnabry. But not on Gnabry consistent level yet. Still Chiesa for Bruno price tag, around 50£ mill plus add on. United will get what United pay for. With quality warranty. Trust me on this. For 50 £ United will not be regret. 100 % sure.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This guy will strength United RW a lot. And to be honest. Chiesa is above Rashford as LW. Chiesa is a typical LW. And because of Ribery presence in Fiorentina. Chiesa had to play as RW for Fiorentina this season and Ribery as LW. It just show he will play wherever the manager put him to play. A hard work aggressive team player.
Chiesa know and is a player who knows when to pass the ball and when to beat players. I rate this ability really high. Deliver the ball at the right time and not to keep the ball on too long. It’s about few touches, quick and precise pass and many movements at the same time.

Like i have said earlier. Same level as Bruno. Quick head and feets. And same mentality. And naturally same price tag. If i own Federico Chiesa. I would give United quality warranty insurance. Buy this boy for 50 £ mill and add on. Full money back if United are not satisfy with him, as RW/LW/Free CAM role. I am 100 % sure about this boy. Reason why i will give quality warranty, if i own him.

Chiesa is half level up from James, Lingard and Perreira. It’s about Chiesa as a fullpacket football player. Chiesa is a baller. On his good day form and max level. If he gets it out. He has everything. And playing with really good players like Bruno, Rashford, Martial and Greenwood. Chiesa suit and match those boys skill and mentality. Chiesa is a winning head. United need to buy winners. Even they are not the best dribler in the world. Its all about the full packet and end product. Goal focus, 100% determination and clinical and sharp finish. Chiesa has it and he click all the boxes.

United should learn from last summer. Spend time on players United will not get and got rejected. First Eriksen, then Dybala in the last days of transfer window. Luckily Bruno was still available in January.
Buy Chiesa early and go into Sancho next summer. With a better hand in poker. The gaming of negotiation. Right now, United is playing the negotiation with Dortmund a poor hand. A 10 & 5 or J & 6. United only have the Covid argument and cards to play with. United have nothing to fall back. With Chiesa is definitely a pocket J or J & 10 suit.
They i think and believe it is big big chance United have to play what United want in the end.

Conclusion. This boy is the real deal. Chiesa will strength United current XI starting line up. As LW. Then you move Greenwood up as CF and end Ighalo contract in January. Chiesa as LW, you move Rashford up as CF option. And in need, without Bruno. You play Chiesain Bruno free cam role. Chiesa is versatile and can play all over the attacking line.
In the end. I have no close relation to Chiesa. Neither his agent. But i see United are in need to strength RW. Sancho and Gnabry is ideal. But with Federico Chiesa. He is closest to those two you can get. Direct player like Gnabry. But not on Gnabry consistent level yet. Still Chiesa for Bruno price tag, around 50£ mill plus add on. United will get what United pay for. With quality warranty. Trust me on this. For 50 £ United will not be regret. 100 % sure.
I hope we sign him just for you mate.

But I do like Chiesa and think he'd be a very good player for us.

davidmichael

There’s no denying Chiesa is better than what we currently have on the right wing BUT he isn’t good enough to take us up another level like we actually need, when there’s even a really good Italian player at a lower team you see Juve and the Milan clubs all over them yet that hasn’t happened with Chiesa.

Tonali, Barella, Zaniolo and Pellegrini are/have always been the players I see getting linked to the big clubs (Barella obviously moved to Inter) rather than Chiesa so there has to be something in that ?

I don’t watch anywhere near as much Serie A as I used too as the quality of the league is nowhere near what it was but I have watched Chiesa a few times and found Ribery to be a better player than Chiesa even though Ribery is years past his best, I don’t think Douglas Costa from Juve is a good alternative to Sancho either or anyone from Serie A to be honest.

Hoof the ball

Where are you getting this? Chiesa has been playing RW in most games for about 3/4 years now; even before Ribery he almost exclusively player on the RW, not the LW.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"

Was this post generated by an algorithm?

Would be nice to spare us from future drivel.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'm never impressed with him when I watch Fiorentina. All hustle and bustle. Ribery and Castrovilli are the stars.

With that said, with Fiorentina signing Amrabat, I'll be watching them a lot this upcoming season, so maybe my opinion on him will change the more I watch.

MetoTTT

If Sancho deal is off I'll take F. Thauvin (Marseille) on the cheap (10-20mil € max). They badly need the money and he has 1 year left on his contract. He's a RW/RF to rotate with Greenwood and use the money elsewhere.

Nero

The only thing missing here is something about a metallic serbian rapist.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
If Sancho deal is off I'll take F. Thauvin (Marseille) on the cheap (10-20mil € max). They badly need the money and he has 1 year left on his contract. He's a RW/RF to rotate with Greenwood and use the money elsewhere.
Thauvin? I remember my Newcastle supporting friend hyping him up where he eventually failed to make an impact on the Prem.