Federico Chiesa - scouted by United - on his way to Juve

dev1l

A florence based journo claimed that United offered 50m euros for Chiesa but he doesn't want to leave Italy. (It did not mention when the offer was made - most probably they re trying to hike his price up)

SATA

A florence based journo claimed that United offered 50m euros for Chiesa but he doesn't want to leave Italy. (It did not mention when the offer was made - most probably they re trying to hike his price up)
He does seem like one who doesn’t want to leave his home country. Maybe he feels he’s still very young

Dominos

Surely we'd have talked to him and his agent before making an offer to his club. If he's told us he doesn't want to come why on earth would we make a bid. Smells like bull.

ShinjiNinja26

All these loans are making me think we'll go for Sancho + someone...
I think it’s more of a stop gap option in case we fail to get Sancho. That way we can get someone relatively cheap and save the funds to go again for Sancho either in January or next summer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
All these loans are making me think we'll go for Sancho + someone...
Which tbf I'm hoping we do.. Sancho +1 additional wide forward on loan would be very good and give us strength in depth aswell.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Be interesting to see if James plays tonight. If he does go you’d think we need two attackers...
Good point, I do think James needs a loan. He needs his confidence back and he's not going to get it playing under the pressure we have.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think it’s more of a stop gap option in case we fail to get Sancho. That way we can get someone relatively cheap and save the funds to go again for Sancho either in January or next summer.
I'm not sure, both Chiesa and Dembele would have expected fees at the end, so you'd push all your cost in to one year which is not ideal.

Edit: @KiD MoYeS

dev1l

Good point, I do think James needs a loan. He needs his confidence back and he's not going to get it playing under the pressure we have.
Agreed. He clearly lacks confidence at the moment.

dev1l

I'm not sure, both Chiesa and Dembele would have expected fees at the end, so you'd push all your cost in to one year which is not ideal.
Both can be done at 50-60 m each, maybe a bit more for Dembele. Chiesa wants Juve though as he prefers to stay in italy for the time being

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Or just making it temporary so that united can get Sancho next summer.
Dembele has 2 years left on his contract and why on earth would Fiorentina let one of their best talents out on loan without some form of payment coming in. If it's temporary, you'd more likely see Perisic and co.
Both can be done at 50-60 m each, maybe a bit more for Dembele. Chiesa wants Juve though as he prefers to stay in italy for the time being
Yeah, my point was just that they wouldn't be here on loan and go back at the end of the season.

Hoof the ball

I don't think Dembele is a better player than Chiesa. I'm convinced by that. Dembele has physical advantages that maybe PL might suit (aside from injuries), but Chiesa is an all-rounder. He can finish, he can pass, he's creative, has clever movement on and off the ball. He just works in a team better, and he's a more similar profile to Sancho than Dembele is.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He can play as backup to Martial as well. Means, we can still sign Sancho next year

LuckyScout78

Always knew this boy has the level and ability to play for a top club in Europe. I would be satisfied with Chiesa as left winger for United. As a player he has same workrate as Spurs Son, but not as sharp as Son yet.

Easily play Chiesa as left winger and move Rashford back as CF and specialized Rashford as CF/Vardy type of CF...but just better one on one skill than Vardy. And Rashford is a decent header too. He scored a header against, on of his first United first team goal. United need Martial more as a left winger than Rashford as a left winger. Reason why United bought a Cavani and Vardy type of CF. A typical nr.9, not nr.10 like Martial. And Rashford is most close to Vardy than Martial. And Martial is clearly the best with one on one ability. This one on one ability is most suit on the wings, where it is most space and are set up to beating defender. I am missing the Martial and Rashford combinations back to theirs start of theirs career. It was a pleasure to watch Martial on the left and Rashford as the CF. Helping United and Van Gaal to FA glory. That time keep you up from your seats. No Bruno and Pogba. But only with two youngsters up front.

So back to Chiesa. He is now playing with a lot better teammates. In Ronaldo, Kulusevski and Dybala. Line up like this :

Kulusevski - Ronaldo/Dybala - Chiesa + Morata/Dybala/Ronaldo

This is a really good attacking 4

As a left winger. Chiesa top acceleration will suit really good. This boy keep it simple, even he is fast and really good with the ball too. Because what is the point of flashy tricks, while you can beat defenders by top acceleration and speed like Mane too?
Keep it simple, full determination, go straightforward and goal focus. Chiesa has top level on those abilities. Beside hard working and aggressive. He definitely belong to a top team.

And he will definitely have more goals and assists playing regular for Juventus. Kulusevski is best as RW or a supporting CF. So like above. Ronaldo will move in more central and Chiesa will battle for left wing spot. Best attacking 4 combination and solution. With Chiesa and Kulusevski as wingers. It will be a pleasure to watch Juventus this year. Always top guts from those two players.

Its no doubt about his workrate, skills and fighting/winning head...no surprise those abilities will lead him to a top club. Just a matter of time.

scudetto_boy

Supports
St Mirren
You don't get too many Italian players -especially young one's- moving abroad, them seem to stay in Italy. Honestly, i never thought for a moment he would come to us because we aren't at the top of our game or likely to finish in the top 2 or 3; maybe i'm being harsh about us.

I'm more annoyed about Juve probably winning the league again this season-nightmare & mega yawn. Atalanta all the way for me folks!!! :) :)