Federico Chiesa - scouted by United - on his way to Juve

Ekeke

These are the highest ever sales from Serie A clubs

I think £55 million is about right for Chiesa

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's very talented and I feel he'll score and create alot more surrounded by better players. But what I really like about him is his bulldog like mentality which would really fit well with our dressing room. Below is a short interview from the player and he comes across like a very likeable player.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Ole seems to be going after the same players Pochettino was targeting at Spurs. :smirk:Grelish, Bruno and now Chiesa to name some. He will be a good fallback option in case we don’t get Sancho.

LuckyScout78

If i am United nanager and DOF. And the mind behind Football version of Ocean Eleven. This boy will definitely get my call and convincing. The dream team if my Ocean Eleven is getting both of Chiesa and one of Sancho/Gnabry level/quality.

I like his fighting and never give up mentality. Aggressive and a hard worker. And he is really quick in the first metres. Explosive and really quick acceleration. High determination and a sharp finisher.

I have recommended this boy dozen times. Longtime before Ole got appointed as caretaker manager. He is just playing for a poor team this season. Just like Rashford and Martial playing for a struggling United.
Chiesa performance will be more consistent and better, playing with teammates like Bruno, Rashfor and Martial.

My dream line up with Chiesa. And reason to buy two wingers. It is to move Rashford back as a CF. Rashford is a natural CF, not a winger. And how many CF out there, young...are on the same level as Rashford. And what is the point keep playing Rashford as a left winger?And is James good enough as a left winger?Chiesa is clearly a half level better than James as left winger.
Chiesa is on the same level as Bruno, as a full packet football player. Chiesa is quick ball players, in both head abd feet.

So here is the dream line up. 442 / 441

Sancho/Gnabry - McTom - Bruno/Pogba - Chiesa + Martial -Rashford

If not with two CF. Then you can move Bruno up as the free nr.10.

Chiesa can play all over the attacking line. As a free nr.10 too. The position Bruno is playing now.

His price and value. I rate Chiesa on same level as Bruno. Around and not over the price of Bruno. If United was willing to pay that price for Bruno. Then they might pay that price for Chiesa.

And again. Bruno was playing for one of the best team in portugal. Chiesa is playing for half bottom team in Serie A. And the defend in Italy are better than in Portugal. Reasons why you can’t expect that Chiesa should score and be as good as Bruno. And if you put both on the same level of teammates. Like Chiesa is playing for a top 4 team in the league. You will see his better impact.

Sum up. From my observations. From the days scouting him under U21 tournament. With the like of Fabian Ruiz of Napoli and Spain. Chiesa is on same level as Fabian, Olmo and other big talent on that tournament.
1 or 2 really good football players in a poor and average team. Will do not much. But with 4-5 really good football attacking players. Then we are talking. Talking about a top 4 level.
United have Rashford, Martial, Bruno....4 with Pogba...Adding Chiesa and one of Sancho/Gnabry level. Then we can talk and reach the level and goal of... winning the premier league trophy. Chiesa definitely has that level. Just put Chiesa on the same training pitch as Bruno. Chiesa will have the same confidence as Bruno. Chiesa definitely has the mentality, beside his high football skills and understanding.
Definitely one to go for.

My football version of Ocean Eleven. The Bruno call and convincing is done. Chiesa is definitely on one of the next on the list. Chiesa on the same team and line up as Bruno, Rashford and Martial. Reasons and line up to buy season ticket. And if you adding Sancho/Gnabry to that. The sum of this. Then we are talking about of the fastest and most powerful cars. United went from an average car. Adding Bruno...Chiesa. And Sancho/Gnabry. It will be too fast for most defend in premier league. Include Liverpool solid defend. Those boys will play futsal and quick five a side football on a bigger pitch. With a lot precise quick pass and movement football. You have to speed up to been able to handle them. I will not them stand still. They will move a lot and make if difficult for every defend.

Rashford, Martial, Bruno need at least 2 more attacking players on same level. Chiesa and Sancho/Gnabry. Then we can start to work and aim towards our goals. The biggest trophies in football. Get Chiesa with the right price and like Bruno. United will not be regret.

Rolaholic

Was rumored to be heading to Chelsea a few months ago before they signed Ziyech. He's a talented young right winger so could be a cheaper option for us if a move for Sancho isn't feasible this summer.

I would still exhaust all potential avenues on the Sancho front before moving on if I were the club but he seems like a decent fallback option

beingshe7don

He's very talented and I feel he'll score and create alot more surrounded by better players. But what I really like about him is his bulldog like mentality which would really fit well with our dressing room. Below is a short interview from the player and he comes across like a very likeable player.

He looks talented no doubt but how many times has he featured as a RW? I've seen videos where he's appeared on the left side and through the center as well. Also, I'm just skeptical of Italian wingers coming to the PL and adapting quickly. He's not a goal-scoring winger. We need someone who can shoulder the goal scoring responsibility as we do not have an out and out goal scorer except for maybe Ighalo at the moment and Greenwood is still raw. I'm surprised we're not in for a loan deal for O Dembele. The guy is explosive, know the back of the net. Yes, he's had his share of ups and downs but I think a new scenario could jump start his career. I would even consider going for Ferran Torres ahead of Chiesa.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Gazzetta dello sport is pretty shit.

Brightonian

Only player I'd consider worth going for if we can't get Sancho. As opposed to the option of playing James/Greenwood/Mata/Dalot there for a season and having another crack at Sancho next year. Still wouldn't be happy about it exactly, mind.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He looks a very raw talent to the point of being almost awkward in his technique. Freely admit however I have only seen him live a few times and most of what I have seen is YT montages.

devilish

Local media in Florence have also reported the same.
In that case there might be something into it. I don't trust Italian media outlets very much. There's some decent Italian journalists like Romano and Di Marzio but the papers/tv is very unreliable.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He looks talented no doubt but how many times has he featured as a RW? I've seen videos where he's appeared on the left side and through the center as well. Also, I'm just skeptical of Italian wingers coming to the PL and adapting quickly. He's not a goal-scoring winger. We need someone who can shoulder the goal scoring responsibility as we do not have an out and out goal scorer except for maybe Ighalo at the moment and Greenwood is still raw. I'm surprised we're not in for a loan deal for O Dembele. The guy is explosive, know the back of the net. Yes, he's had his share of ups and downs but I think a new scenario could jump start his career. I would even consider going for Ferran Torres ahead of Chiesa.
He plays where the coach wants him to play and he provides a tactical solution in many different scenarios for a would be coach. He can easily play as the RWF for us if we decide to sign him. I also wouldn't look at the spreadsheet with this guy due to him playing in Italy in a very tactical league at a club that has struggled in recent seasons. I can easily see Chiesa hitting double figures for goals and assists at a better club surrounded by better players.

Osmane Dembele was a great talent coming through the ranks in France but doesn't seem to have the mentality/discipline to want to make best use of his abilities. I don't think Solksjaer would want him due to the risk of the player disrupting squad harmony.

If we can't sign Sancho then Chiesa is the stand out alternative. His ability on the ball as a wide player is there for all to see. He has fantastic acceleration, amazing first touch and technique to go with his superb ability to dribble. And his off the ball ability and professionalism as a pro are there for all to see. He's a real warrior with fantastic ability and a fantastic attitude.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
In that case there might be something into it. I don't trust Italian media outlets very much. There's some decent Italian journalists like Romano and Di Marzio but the papers/tv is very unreliable.
I would stick with trusting Romano and Di Marzio tbh.

devilish

He plays where the coach wants him to play and he provides a tactical solution in many different scenarios for a would be coach. He can easily play as the RWF for us if we decide to sign him. I also wouldn't look at the spreadsheet with this guy due to him playing in Italy in a very tactical league at a club that has struggled in recent seasons. I can easily see Chiesa hitting double figures for goals and assists at a better club surrounded by better players.

Osmane Dembele was a great talent coming through the ranks in France but doesn't seem to have the mentality/discipline to want to make best use of his abilities. I don't think Solksjaer would want him due to the risk of the player disrupting squad harmony.

If we can't sign Sancho then Chiesa is the stand out alternative. His ability on the ball as a wide player is there for all to see. He has fantastic acceleration, amazing first touch and technique to go with his superb ability to dribble. And his off the ball ability and professionalism as a pro are there for all to see. He's a real warrior with fantastic ability and a fantastic attitude.
I agree

However I prefer zaniolo

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Fabrizio Romano was asked who United should sign from the young contingent in Italy when he was on the United Stand and he without hesitation mentioned Chiesa.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Merely part of the Sancho bartering, in my opinion.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I really like this guy for our team. He’s got work rate to go with the skill. I’d love for us to go for chiesa and sancho but I realise it won’t happen in the current climate. It’s a position we are weakest in and we have no outstanding prospect coming up. I’d imagine utd are using these rumours to start knocking the price down on sancho.

gvk004

How is he different from Daniel James . A hard working fast RW who can play on both sides . Isn't he too similar to James ?

RUCK4444

Would be devastating to sign this guy instead of Sancho.

Chiesa is a talent but Sancho is perfect for us.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
How is he different from Daniel James . A hard working fast RW who can play on both sides . Isn't he too similar to James ?
A much better player maybe?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Chiesa's first touch and technique is superior and hence allows him to operate superbly well in confined spaces. Chiesa is a far superior talent in comparison.

devilish

Chiesa's first touch and technique is superior and hence allows him to operate superbly well in confined spaces. Chiesa is a far superior talent in comparison.
This

mu4c_20le

He seems tailor made for Chelsea imo, like a Willian replacement.

RUCK4444

I'd be happy with either if i'm honest.
Nah bro, we gotta strive for the very best available. Let’s not start accepting mediocrity, I love Ole but unless you got Klopp you ain’t gunna turn water into wine... and we need Vino.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Yes he is those things but could you imagine playing James centrally and it working well?

I think it’s an oversimplification to say he’s like James. James is physically superior (in terms of speed) but I would find it hard (even with what little I know of Chiesa) to not see a player more comfortable with his back to goal in tight areas than James.

Sancho is absolutely number 1 IMO and so anyone will feel disappointing by comparison but Chiesa is potentially better than what we have.

I guess the key word is potentially

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Is he RW or what?

We need a rw NOW

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Said it before, if we can't get Sancho now, Chiesa would be the best alternative. Some serious underestimation here. Like @Adnan says, his mentality is very highly rated and he happens to be a pretty exceptional talent.

I can't help thinking Sancho will be holding out for guaranteed CL football (and maybe see if we can start to play more fluid football against defensive sides). Of course everyone wants him as he's the best option out there, but if we can't get him there is no way we should continue to shoehorn players onto that right wing for a full season or ask squad players to step up as first XI players there. We need to sort this now.

I suspect this is the club playing the media to put pressure on Dortmund/Sancho, but if this were to happen and Sancho stay put, there is nothing to prevent us going for him next season as well. They can both play on either wing :drool:

jamesjimmybyrondean

Said it before, if we can't get Sancho now, Chiesa would be the best alternative. Some serious underestimation here. Like @Adnan says, his mentality is very highly rated and he happens to be a pretty exceptional talent.

I can't help thinking Sancho will be holding out for guaranteed CL football (and maybe see if we can start to play more fluid football against defensive sides). Of course everyone wants him as he's the best option out there, but if we can't get him there is no way we should continue to shoehorn players onto that right wing for a full season or ask squad players to step up as first XI players there. We need to sort this now.

I suspect this is the club playing the media to put pressure on Dortmund/Sancho, but if this were to happen and Sancho stay put, there is nothing to prevent us going for him next season as well. They can both play on either wing :drool:
There's no point getting Chiesa and Sancho