Federico Chiesa

flappyjay

I agree with you that we should try, seems a great talent but he'll 90% end up at Juve. Most of these young talents with huge potential in Italy usually end up there. I'm just surprised there is no talk about us at all when we have so little competition for that position.
Yeah he is one of the few decent players who would see us as a step up not just in club stature but also in sporting reasons. Going from a relegation team to a Europa league team with top 4 ambitions.....my heart just sank

Hoof the ball

You've got Bayern trying to get Werner but instead choosing to wait until his contract is out to nick him on a free. Baffling of all is that no other team will preempt Bayern to Werner.

Chiesa is very talented. Every top club already knows this, or they should. Equally baffling is that no other team with preempt Juve to Chiesa, either.

Certain teams having a free run to blue chip young talents. It shouldn't happen, but alas, what can you do?

ArjenIsM3

You've got Bayern trying to get Werner but instead choosing to wait until his contract is out to nick him on a free. Baffling of all is that no other team will preempt Bayern to Werner.

Chiesa is very talented. Every top club already knows this, or they should. Equally baffling is that no other team with preempt Juve to Chiesa, either.

Certain teams having a free run to blue chip young talents. It shouldn't happen, but alas, what can you do?
Don't be naïve. Everybody knows Bayern tap those players up. And top German players tend to dream about playing for Bayern anyway. Foreign clubs usually don't even stand a chance. The players are simply not interested.

NoPace

It annoys me no end that we are not even slightly interested in this player
It's always infuriating to me that we don't look to the 2nd tier Italian, Spanish and German teams enough. Bailly has been unlucky here but that sort of buy (and Shaw here) seem like the safest bets; early 20s players who have proven themselves as starters at solid clubs but can probably be lured away for an extra 10M over the domestic giants and are hungry to win and happy to adapt to a new manager.

TheeAma12

Supports
Chelsea
Chiesa is a hazard like young talent, he has all the necessary skills needed to go on and be a top top winger in world football. He's underrated because he's at Forientina but lets be honest. He is good, really really good. I can easily see him slotting in on united wings and then with how Ole likes to play you have pogba who plays a pass to him leaving him one on one with the fullback which then sets up the opportunity for him to cut in side and shoot or play the pass/cross to the onrushing midfielder or forward.

Oh well good think that the scouting teams are asleep.

Hawks2008

You’re making him sound like a consolation prize. He could actually be a better fit in what Ole is looking for in a player.
Not how I meant it to come across. Not that I think he is a 'consolation', but I haven't seen much of him. So what I meant was if he's as talented as people say we should be in for him. We can't continue with Mata and Lingard on the right.

Grande

But why do you think that is?

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
His impressive form from the Serie A has carried over to the international stage, the lad just keeps going from strength to strength. I haven't seen much of Sancho or Dembele this past year but I followed La Viola's fixtures quite often, and Chiesa seems like someone who could solve most of our attacking issues.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Would be our best attacker comfortably. I also wouldn't be surprised if he has a better career than Sancho.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Chiesa is a hazard like young talent, he has all the necessary skills needed to go on and be a top top winger in world football. He's underrated because he's at Forientina but lets be honest. He is good, really really good. I can easily see him slotting in on united wings and then with how Ole likes to play you have pogba who plays a pass to him leaving him one on one with the fullback which then sets up the opportunity for him to cut in side and shoot or play the pass/cross to the onrushing midfielder or forward.

Oh well good think that the scouting teams are asleep.
Hazard like talent. Whaoh, huge praise.

amolbhatia50k

Not far off the mark, I'd say. The way he carries the ball and can make something happen out of nothing is a rare ability. We're severely lacking players of his ilk in our squad.
Shame we haven't been linked with him then given of the richest clubs were one of the few with a gaping hole on the right wing

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He would be a super super signing. No chance we will go for him. We could get him though. The talent is out there. Do we trust the glazers to spend what it takes to get it in? Not really anymore. Do we trust Ed and scouts to get the best deals and pick the correct players. No. We are broken. Your average far can see we could just go out and buy him and he’d massively improve us. We just need to get a Few more young exciting players in and I’m sure almost everyone will be happy to give them time to bed in. Havertz himself and AWB or Aaron’s would be a good start... but we need a lot more intense competition for places in the squad. When are a few of these players going to step up and hit form together again and who’s got to leave before that happens.... are we just missing one player or have we genuinely just been hiring terrible players for the past 10 years with one or two exceptions.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Financially speaking, he'd be the cheapest compared to Sancho, Dembele, Pepe. Fiorentina have a new owner now and I'm not sure how he'll invest in the squad but I reckon Chiesa could be bought for about 60-70m.

piesel

Financially speaking, he'd be the cheapest compared to Sancho, Dembele, Pepe. Fiorentina have a new owner now and I'm not sure how he'll invest in the squad but I reckon Chiesa could be bought for about 60-70m.
I think that the new owner will try to keep Chiesa at least for the next season.

amolbhatia50k

Not far off the mark, I'd say. The way he carries the ball and can make something happen out of nothing is a rare ability. We're severely lacking players of his ilk in our squad.
Saw some clips and he seems really classy. Lovely touch, balance and manipulation of the ball. Strange that he doesn't seem to be on our radar at all.

Celoti23-81

Saw some clips and he seems really classy. Lovely touch, balance and manipulation of the ball. Strange that he doesn't seem to be on our radar at all.
Yeah. 21 years old, the same age as Dan James! No disrespect to Dan James, but this guy is light years ahead!

OleGunnar20

I think the new owner ruled out selling him altogether didn't he? I'd be surprised if he moves this summer, would be a great option from the little ive seen mind.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Next year. This year he'd be as expensive as Dembele. New owner can't sell him as his first act, needs to be an offer that can't be refused

GledTheRed

Throw some big cheddar at this guy, he's fantastic. Get Dani Cabellos out of the Pogba deal too and we break even. Booya!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His body shape, explosiveness, (and probably most of all) his face remind me of a young(er) Alexis Sanchez.

The Irish Connection

There are 5 good options out there for each position we need and yet we’re dithering again and look unlikely to get what we need done. Chiesa is class and I would be delighted for him to play on our right side, but I would also be happy with Sancho, Bergwijn, Lozano, Douglas Costa, Pepe, even bale on loan. The players are there so there is no excuse.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
He was going up against a really crap Milan side but he was phenomenal today. I wonder how much he'd cost, he's not that hyped.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He was going up against a really crap Milan side but he was phenomenal today. I wonder how much he'd cost, he's not that hyped.
He'd cost less than Sancho and could turn out to be a better player too.

JohnnyLaw

Fiorentina have a new rich owner who seems to value Chiesa especially highly. Wouldn’t expect him to come cheap. Comisso was quoted saying he wouldn’t sell Chiesa for 100m when Juve were sniffing around last summer.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He will cost big money, Juventus wanted to sign him and were prepared to pay 70 million euros.

He is very good player and we should try to sign him.