Federico Chiesa

dinostar77

Didnt we sound out his representatives last summer as an alternative to Sancho but were told he wanted to stay in italy?

Semir_Tuce777

Supports
Velež Mostar
Are you serious :lol:
I think nobody in this thread watches any juve games.
The euros make him look much better than he actually is. Especially his pace and dribbling skills aren't good enough for the highest level.
Thats your opinion. In all his 13 games i watched he was amazing, beast mode, his biggest strength is that he can repeat a lot of sprints of 5,10,15,20 m. He has the ability to fast recover and his initial vo2 is outstanding (check first few things then comment about the lad). Its ok to dislike someone i dont care but this lad is the biggest hardworking player on the field.

His pace and dribbling skills are not good? oh God sometimes i ask myself are people watching the same game.

Semir_Tuce777

Supports
Velež Mostar
How do you think we got amad?
Ok...we got Amad, great, he is the only one in the last 10years we got a "talent" from italy. How can you be satisfy? You wont like it but i bet he wont succed here. Panic buy.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Reminds me of son
Agree totally, I actually find it kind of freaky watching Chiesa because my mind is telling me that's just Son in an Italy kit. The running style, the speed, the directness, the shooting off either foot whenever he gets the chance etc. Even the goal the other night was classic Son. Both are also somehow taller than you imagine.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Ok...we got Amad, great, he is the only one in the last 10years we got a "talent" from italy. How can you be satisfy? You wont like it but i bet he wont succed here. Panic buy.
Off the top of my head Gollini, Rossi, Petrucci, Ercolini, Amad Macheda, Darmian, Taibi…. Silvestre came from Milan didn’t he? I’m sure there’s more? Just because they mostly didn’t work out here doesn’t mean we don’t scout Italy.

I agree with you. Chiesa looks really promising

Boh

Supports
Juventus
Are you serious :lol:
I think nobody in this thread watches any juve games.
The euros make him look much better than he actually is. Especially his pace and dribbling skills aren't good enough for the highest level.
His pace is literally is best quality. He's probably the fastest in the national team and in Juventus

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Going to play a key part in the English demise

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Great performance shame he got injured.

Nick7

Much better than I gave him credit for before the tournament. Big time player with a great mentality. That’ll make him go far even before his skill.

Didnt we sound out his representatives last summer as an alternative to Sancho but were told he wanted to stay in italy?
I remember something similar. We we’re definitely linked but he wanted Juve.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Been saying it for years now and I'm glad he's showing his class at the highest level. If it wasn't for him, I'm confident England would've won the game, 1-0, he was brilliant and a real driving force.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
He was brilliant today very direct and always seemed dangerous

Been saying it for years now and I'm glad he's showing his class at the highest level. If it wasn't for him, I'm confident England would've won the game, 1-0, he was brilliant and a real driving force.
Bonneville, chiellini and Italy midfielder would have still held their own

Dinghy

Player of the tournament for me. Unstoppable when driving with the ball, works hard both ways and he's got excellent mentality.

thepolice123

He is a Son type of winger. Can be wrong but personally I don't think he is a ballon d'or level of talent.

He has a scrappy playing style and his technique can look unrefined in certain moments. However, he is extremely direct, has a good eye for goal and an absolute workhorse for the team.

el3mel

He is a Son type of winger. Can be wrong but personally I don't think he is a ballon d'or level of talent.

He has a scrappy playing style and his technique can look unrefined in certain moments. The good thing about him is that he is extremely direct and an absolute workhorse for the team.
I think he's really skilled with the ball and his shooting techniques are great.

JakeTheRed

Is it just me or does he look like he should be a postman or something?

Anyway, quite a tidy player to be honest, seems to make things happen/cause trouble in the final third.

thepolice123

I think he's really skilled with the ball and his shooting techniques are great.
From what I've seen, close control dribbling and intricate passing aren't really his strengths. But I agree he is very dangerous with his shooting. He is more of a Son, Mbappe, Salah type of winger than Neymar or Hazard.

Abraxas

He was well and truly a headache today. Good old fashioned willingness to take on a man, didn't appear to have many tricks or flicks, just bravery and directness. They were a much worse side without him.

When our dribblers did that we didn't seem to have an option within 30 yards and they ran down a cul de sac as a result.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Absolute baller, Italy's attack lost its spark once he had to come off. Hopefully not going to Bayern.

Boh

Supports
Juventus
From what I've seen, close control dribbling and intricate passing aren't really his strengths. But I agree he is very dangerous with his shooting. He is more of a Son, Mbappe, Salah type of winger than Neymar or Hazard.
As a Juve fan totally agree. He's getting better from a technical point of view, but it will never be is best strength, that's is mentality. If he improves his off the ball movement he's gonna be incredible

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Kinda infuriating that it all came together for him as soon as he signed for fecking juventus

But at least we have a genuine world class forward now, finally. Hoping Kean, Raspadori or Zaniolo can come good in time for the world cup...

I very much liked Insigne as a false 9, we should try more of that

My player of the tournament. He was the one Italian player we couldn't cope with all night.

redshaw

Fantastic player.

He would fit straight into 1990-2000s Serie A, reminds me so much of that era with his style and stance.

RUCK4444

Kinda infuriating that it all came together for him as soon as he signed for fecking juventus
I very much liked Insigne as a false 9, we should try more of that
Yeah he came alive in that position. Had more influence on the game.

BlahRules

The word was we enquired, maybe we were even preparing to prepare a bid, but he knocked us back and said he’d prefer to stay in Italy. The England defenders didn’t know what to do with him.
That's not true - he was ineffective when playing against Shaw and Maguire. He only came to life when playing against Walker and Trippier.