Federico Chiesa

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
How good is Sensi? I remember some buzz about him playing very well for Inter but it got real quiet afterwards. Injuries?
He’s very talented. Mancini had selected him for the squad, despite spending large swathes of the season injured, before ironically withdrawing through injury.

And that is his problem - keeping fit.

He’s mid 20’s now, and will struggle to make an impact at Inter if he can’t stay fit for more than 2 games in a row.

Eternitiy

Either of these two flair moments would have been a sensational goal. I remember watching him in a U20 or U21 tournament a couple years back and he was phenomenal at times.

He either rolled the ankle or took a slight kick to the ankle/foot and went off shortly thereafter.
Love to watch him play, so direct and always playing with intensity.

Shaw destroyed him here, though:

Arios

Supports
Juventus
I’ve been impressed with him since the tournament started. Initially, Berardi started over him for the first couple of games, but following good cameos Chiesa rightly took his place.

What I would say is that Chiesa aside, Italy look a little threadbare when it comes to genuine quality up front. Insigne, Berardi, Belotti, Immobile really look better suited as back up options, at least the latter three.

Looking forward, they seem to have great options in defence and midfield especially, given that the likes of Sensi, Zaniolo, and Pellegrini were unavailable due to injury. All three would have been selected I’m sure.
Zaniolo in Rome plays in the top front three
so something like
Chiesa - CFW - Zaniolo
Immobile and Belotti are huge crap

I’ve been impressed with him since the tournament started. Initially, Berardi started over him for the first couple of games, but following good cameos Chiesa rightly took his place.

What I would say is that Chiesa aside, Italy look a little threadbare when it comes to genuine quality up front. Insigne, Berardi, Belotti, Immobile really look better suited as back up options, at least the latter three.

Looking forward, they seem to have great options in defence and midfield especially, given that the likes of Sensi, Zaniolo, and Pellegrini were unavailable due to injury. All three would have been selected I’m sure.
That's the worrying thing. They lacked a bit of individual quality in attack, but at least two of those three are nailed on starters when fit, and will be in the World Cup next year.

The big question for them is will Bonucci and Chiellini turn up in Qatar. Beyond them there really isn't much talent coming through in central defence.

pascell

That's the worrying thing. They lacked a bit of individual quality in attack, but at least two of those three are nailed on starters when fit, and will be in the World Cup next year.

The big question for them is will Bonucci and Chiellini turn up in Qatar. Beyond them there really isn't much talent coming through in central defence.
Bastoni?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Romagnoli and Bastoni, Bonucci will still play. Spinazolla will be back. Sensi,Pellegrini, Zaniolo is yet to make a mark. Safe to say, they won't be short of talents in Qatar.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Great player at age 23. His aggressiveness and direct style of play makes him a real threat. With an European cup in his pocket now and a big stage at Juve, he has all the tools in developing into a world class player.

Jaxa

Personally my player of the tournament,

Purely just because i really enjoyed watching him and his style of play, aggressive, pacey, just wants to attack and has a mean shot on him too, I had heard of him before the tournament but never really seen him play, if he can develop with Juve and continue to improve he will be some player.

Arios

Supports
Juventus

Bastoni and Mancini

Danoos

Supports
Lazio (Italy)
Has Rugani just not developed as much as he was predicted to?
Rugani and Romagnoli have not met expectations, they were basically our “lost generation” of CB. After the Nesta and Cannavaro generation we had the BBC (Barzagli Bonucci and Chiellini) who are not in their mid thirties or over (Barzagli, who has retired). We basically have skipped a generation and will go directly to Bastoni and Mancini who are young and very talented. The age gap to BBC is over ten years

Danoos

Supports
Lazio (Italy)

Central defenders won’t be a problem, Bastoni and Mancini will be our next generation pair of CBs and they are really quality. Problems are the right back and the striker. Midfield is basically overcrowded, if Kean or Raspadori do not step up and develop into real class players, we may think of playng with Zaniolo as false 9

sp_107

Ole wanted Barella and Chisea 2 years back proces he got an eye for good talent, I am happy he is looking at Houssem Aouar now who can become our best player in the midfield.

With him and Mctominay/New DM in the midfield, we can also implement 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.

Aouar or Goretzka or Saul can improve our midfield if Pogba leaves

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Has Rugani just not developed as much as he was predicted to?
Rugani just eternal squad player at Juventus and loaned out each season, bit like Ranocchia at Inter who was at Hull City a few years ago.

Just checked and he's still at Inter! Does he have lifetime contract there? :lol: His last loan was actually at Hull in 2017, since then played 30 games for Inter between 2017-21.

Danoos

Supports
Lazio (Italy)
D
Rugani just eternal squad player at Juventus and loaned out each season, bit like Ranocchia at Inter who was at Hull City a few years ago.

Just checked and he's still at Inter! Does he have lifetime contract there? :lol: His last loan was actually at Hull in 2017, since then played 30 games for Inter between 2017-21.
Do you know that Ranocchia and Bonucci were the CB pair at Bari at the beginning of their careers and the good one was considered Ranocchia?

tentan

Poor man's poster.
£86 million rejected from Liverpool apparently. I dunno I have a feeling he would struggle in the Premier League if he was to come one day.

La Vecchia Signora

Supports
Juventus
£86 million rejected from Liverpool apparently. I dunno I have a feeling he would struggle in the Premier League if he was to come one day.
He is not for sale I think. He is just there for a season. If they sell him in any price it would be shame for him and the team. The fans love him and he loves Juventus.

Number32

To think he will become the most expensive Italian, makes me wonder how elite level of footballers would fallen post messi-ronaldo era.

Even his father who never was a top 10 Italian footballers in the 90s is still more superior than him right now.

snk123

To think he will become the most expensive Italian, makes me wonder how elite level of footballers would fallen post messi-ronaldo era.
Not really. It just shows that the market is not the same as it was years ago and that there is a lot more money in football.

SAFMUTD

If reports about Liverpool offering 86M for him are true I don't know who's crazier Liverpool for offering that or Juve for rejecting it.

He's a good player, hyped because of his euro's performances but in no way he's worth that much. Pretty much a James Rodriguez effect.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Agreed, if true, that's an absolutely crazy amount for any player. But if we're at that stage where we need to seriously start thinking of Salah and Mane's replacements then Chiesa has shown exactly what Klopp can mold into gold. Again.

Haaland and Mbappe (for all the joking around) can't really be considered and it will be a big risk to try to uncover another Mo Salah nugget while trying to remain PL/CL candidates.

Personally I think Chiesa is dynamite for whichever club gets his services. I suppose that will be Juve for now.

redrobed

He’s a very good winger with bags of pace and very skilled at beating his man. Also equally as strong playing down the middle in a fox in the box type role. A poacher of sorts but with lots of crossing ability.

In terms of potential I’d say he could be better than peak Hazard. In terms of ability he’s probably around about on a par with Rashford.

I’d prefer he didn’t go to Liverpool as they’re our rivals and he’d strengthen them and we don’t like them.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He would be such an excellent signing for the pool, hopefully just a BS rumour. Top class player which would clearly signify their intentions to invest to freshen up and
keep challenging. If he comes to the PL I hope he doesn’t go on to overshadow Sancho for around the same prices but I reckon they are both ballers with obvious potential to be world class. Chiesa is a lot more intense though, I think he could turn into a machine in this league. He’s also 2 years older. He would have been such a great signing for us for 40 or whatever Juve paid Fiorentina for him.

Classical Mechanic

Offensively he's nothing special but defensively he's one of the best about in his position. You can see how he'd fit into Klopp's style of play. I'm sceptical that the bid was real though.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Offensively he's nothing special but defensively he's one of the best about in his position. You can see how he'd fit into Klopp's style of play. I'm sceptical that the bid was real though.
Not what he displayed in euros. Extremely small sample granted.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
I think he’s on a similar trajectory to salah and about to explode over the next 2 seasons.

I can completely see Liverpool’s rationale in offering a big sum for him, and the supposed €86m offer from us being reported by the reputable la repubblica in Italy would price him along the same lines as sancho who I think he’s comparable to.

Juventus would be fools to sell him however, and that’s that - he’s not going anywhere.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's an absolute untouchable at Juve, they'll build their side around him once Cristiano has moved on

Not a chance he'll be sold

Scottynaldinho

If he leaves than surely Juve can fancy Martial as a cheap replacement?

Not a good news that Liverpool put in a crazy bid, means they'll spend this season on a mega signing which can give them a boost this season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If you believe Liverpool offered 86m for him while still having Salah and Mane on their books, you will believe anything.

izec

Dont think he fancies leaving Italy for now. Once Ronaldo is gone, they will up his wages and he will stay there for quite some time

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
In terms of potential I’d say he could be better than peak Hazard. In terms of ability he’s probably around about on a par with Rashford.
Peak Hazard was basically second only to Messi/Ronaldo. You seriously think Chiesa is ever going to be THAT good?

Boh

Supports
Juventus
He’s a very good winger with bags of pace and very skilled at beating his man. Also equally as strong playing down the middle in a fox in the box type role. A poacher of sorts but with lots of crossing ability.

I’d prefer he didn’t go to Liverpool as they’re our rivals and he’d strengthen them and we don’t like them.
More Like a Son or Salah player imo

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Zaniolo in Rome plays in the top front three
so something like
Chiesa - CFW - Zaniolo
Immobile and Belotti are huge crap
Immobile has the best name in football. So he is okay in my books.

The football elite is currently in a shift. There’s no outright best player right now. But Messi and Ronaldo were just two freaks playing at the same time.

If you think Ribery and Robben were considered World class and have nowhere near their output as wingers or footballers in general. We may see more phenomenal players in the future but we need to stop comparing them to these two because 99.999999% are going to fall short.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Scored again tonight, reminds me of prime Messi at times. His goal tonight was very Messi-esque.