Federico Macheda to Sampdoria (Loan Watch)

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
Confirmed.

Sampdoria confirm Macheda deal

Sampdoria have confirmed the signing of Federico Macheda on-loan from Manchester United for the rest of the season.

The 19-year-old had been wanted by several clubs in the English Premier League after Sir Alex Ferguson had made it known that the player would be available.

Sampdoria have been in need of a striker since Antonio Cassano was allowed to join AC Milan following his disagreement with club president Riccardo Garrone.

However, it is believed that it was the chance of fighting for an immediate place in tandem with Giampaolo Pazzini that swayed the decision for the young Italian.

"I am very happy that Macheda has chosen Sampdoria and I think it's the same for the fans," said Garrone.

"Macheda has easily filled the void left by Cassano, he will definitely do well.

"In these five months we will try to treat him well. With him here, the enthusiasm has increased tenfold."

Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Sampdoria confirm Macheda deal

acnumber9

I don't like the idea of this. He'd be better of staying in England learning what the Premier League is about. This kind of loan is more likely to lead to a permanent move home.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't like the idea of this. He'd be better of staying in England learning what the Premier League is about. This kind of loan is more likely to lead to a permanent move home.
Feel that way too. Wish he had gone to a premier league and gotten used to playing in it week in week out like Welbeck has.

Point Prunier

We've seen in the past loaning to English clubs isn't always best. Rossi to Newcastle is one that comes to mind.

Had he not gone to Parma we'd have got feck all for him.

I'm hoping this isnt the end of Kiko. I have no reason to. I'm just going to enjoy him ripping Italian football a new one and coming back a serious player.

Rooney, Chica, Kiko should see us good for a fair few years.

Chris H

Video Posting God
From the Telegraph:

His agent Giovanni Bia said: "The only thing missing is the formalities. I hope to finish everything by tonight so the player will be available for Sunday.’’

On whether the duration of the loan spell will be six months, Bia added: "The idea is this. Then it will be evaluated with Manchester United and they will need to see if he stays in Italy for another year. It is 99 per cent he would go straight back to Manchester United.’’

Virtuoso

Good luck to him, I think his agent's comments that it's "99% certain" he'll return to United after the loan is promising. I really hope he does well and proves his quality for a very good side in a top league. He'll also have the opportunity to work with some good players and a very talented striker in Giampaolo Pazzini.

As a follower of Italian football, I look forward to watching Macheda play for Sampdoria. They are playing Palermo on Thursday night by the way, I don't know whether he'll be signed in time to play though.

Alex

If he does well we could get a pretty penny fir him. Personally I think he is clearly more suited to the Italian league and am excited to see how he does.

Eirik Raude

We've seen in the past loaning to English clubs isn't always best. Rossi to Newcastle is one that comes to mind.

Had he not gone to Parma we'd have got feck all for him.

I'm hoping this isnt the end of Kiko. I have no reason to. I'm just going to enjoy him ripping Italian football a new one and coming back a serious player.

Rooney, Chica, Kiko should see us good for a fair few years.
Don't forget Welbeck!

Minkaro

Sampdoria vs. AS Roma is on ESPN on the 9th of January, at 11.30am.

wr8_utd

:'(
Can't really see him getting ahead of Rooney, Berba, Hernandez and Welbeck really even when he does return. He yet seems a better player coming off the bench than when starting but tbf to him he's not always got to start in strong lineups with us. However Hernandez has definitely been far more impressive and Welbeck has done incredibly well at Sunderland as well so not really sure how Kiko will get a chance with us.

And this is not really too much like the Rossi deal. Rossi was a far better player than Kiko is imo. He was just not given as many chances as Kiko has got with the first team.

MalteseRedDevil

Macheda is 19!!!

He hasn't played well from the start because he has almost always been played as a lone striker. He is still not ready to lead the line.

I would have preferred to c him in a premier league club but as long ass he gets regular football he will improve

stubie

Can't help but wonder if this is going to end the same way as Rossi

I hope not

Georgie Best

If I had to choose between sleeping with Miss Worl
Hopefully this will turn out a 18 month loan, meaning he will stay until the end of the 2011/2012 season. Because Welbeck will be back next season and he is doing awesome at Sunderland, and we have a possibility to bring Diouf back perhaps even renew contract with Michael Owen. Sampdoria is a good club, he will compete in the top of Italy, probably the second best league in the world as Spain is a two club league. This is a great loan deal, hopefully he can develop further during his time there, because with Berbatov, Rooney, Chicharito and Welbeck he will have to go a long way to be good enough for us.

Brophs

The One and Only
He'll have roughly the same number of players ahead of him next season, I would have thought. Rooney, Berbatov, Hernandez and Welbeck. I don't see us bringing Diouf back and I presume we won't offer Owen a new deal.

Crustanoid

I think this will be another Rossi situation. I imagine he'll enjoy the first team opportunities but gain little preparation for English top level football, and perhaps become more suited to the Italian game, resulting in a greater chance of staying there.

Saq

:annoyed: sampdoria ?

hopefully not rossi part 2

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Wish he went to a PL team, but he always wanted to go back to Italy. So he gets his wish and I hope he makes the most of this opportunity.

SittingBull

That's great and all, but what is Sergio Canales u
At United, we strive for perfection, and if we fai
I think his lack of mobility makes him unsuitable to a certain extent for the English Premier League. In fact, i think he will do pretty well in Serie A, especially for a team like Sampdoria. This loan move will only benefit us, as it is clear that 1) the lad will get plenty of starting time, and 2) he will be on the market for all the Italian clubs esp if he does well. The fact that he is signing a new contract means nothing but a way to secure a huge fee should he be sold. I don't think any of us should be surprised as it is been so clear since a few seasons ago, that we are in the business of buying youth from all over the world, only to sell them for a huge fee if they can't break into the team.