Federico Macheda to Sampdoria (Loan Watch)

jeston

Federico Macheda has admitted that his time on loan in Italy has been a waste of time.

He joined Sampdoria at the beginning of the year to replace Antonio Cassano, who had just left for AC Milan.

After scoring in the Coppa Italia tie against Udinese in his second game, he has struggled to impress. He has scored twice for Italy U-21 in this time but is looking forward to returning to United.

“I don’t know why it hasn’t worked for me at Sampdoria, perhaps people expected that I would replace Cassano,” said Macheda. “But I’m not Cassano, I am Macheda. And the Italian football, the tactics, is different to the English. I prefer the English, more physical and faster. The chief scout from United does come to Italy to watch me play.”

Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that Kiko will be returning to the club in the summer.

“I speak to Macheda by phone,” he said. “In June, I want him back. He is a natural scorer.”

prateik

Good. Atleast he wont be homesick and want to return to Italy

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
By the sound of it next year we will have

Rooney, Berbatov, Hernandez, Diouf, Macheda, Welbeck and King.

That is a lot of competition. 2-3 of those will have to go on loan. Could be Macheda's turn to go to an English club.

Decotron

Any experience gained on loan is always a positive. Even if the loan move doesnt work out on a footballing level there are other aspects to it. Life experience can influence young players attitudes so much, Focus the mind on the chance that he has. This may give him the hunger that some say he lacks....

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Sampdoria are getting shitter and shitter.

Losing 0-1 to Lecce after 60 minutes, this means they're on 17th position in the league now. Relegation battle.

And in January they were 8th with 6 points to Champions League spot.

Maciej

Comes on for injuried Daniele Gastaldello.

I know that no one is interested in this game, but I just want to have more posts under my username.

twitter thread suggester
Nah, I think we're all happy for your updates, Maciek.
I'm going to find a stream now.

Maciej

Just after my last post Lecce made it 0-2, but Maccarone makes it 1-2 two minutes later.

20 minutes to the end and the game looks much better now.

Shame I have to leave my house and won't watch this...

Maciej

I watched last minutes, but I had to go and couldn't post anything.

Overall, it was a good game, but only after Maccarone scored for 1-2. Before that Sampdoria were really poor and the game was shite comparing to last 25 minutes when with Macheda on the pitch Sampdoria were much closer to get another goal, but it's easy to understand as Lecce had a result.

Kiko had a great chance just after he came on, but didn't score. Later in the game he had some good passes and was very active, but the most dangerous players were Maccarone and Pozzi, Kiko was outshined by them.

Current league table:

Only one point more than 18th team. And last six matches are not gonna be easy for Sampdoria, four aways (Milan and Roma, derbies with Genoa and the easiest, 20th Bari) and two at home (Brescia and Palermo). Game with Brescia on 1st May may be interesting, both teams will do everything to avoid Serie B and I'm pretty sure it won't be decided till the last game of the season.

I know it's weird, but I'm interested in Italian football :eek:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
By the sound of it next year we will have

Rooney, Berbatov, Hernandez, Diouf, Macheda, Welbeck and King.

That is a lot of competition. 2-3 of those will have to go on loan. Could be Macheda's turn to go to an English club.
My prediction: Diouf sold and King loaned out again. Welbeck can also play wide as needed. That's still five forwards but considering Rooney picks up a knock or two per season, and the rotational balance, that's a good number to have.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Macheda will be out on loan again next season, hopefully from the beginning of the season and hopefully at a far more suitable club.

A championship club would do him the world of good, if it was good enough for Danny its good enough for him.

Maciej

Sampdoria fans: "We could have Jesus up front and we'd still lose"

Majority of Manchester United fans were happy after they read Federico Macheda will be loaned out for the second half of the 2010/11 season. When it was known he’s going to play in Italy, some of them weren’t sure enough if it’s the best choice, because there were huge concerns that he may want to stay in his country for much longer. However, after three months in Genoa, we can be sure this summer he’ll come back to Manchester and won’t try to play in Italy again.

In August, his position at Manchester United wasn’t a surprise. Macheda knew he’s not going to beat Rooney, Berbatov and Owen. He wasn’t even sure if he’s fourth choice striker, after some amazing Javier Hernandez’s performances in pre-season tour. Wayne Rooney’s injury and all the problems the club had with him gave Kiko a chance to shine. In four months he made 12 appearances and was on the pitch for 517 minutes. Most of them (almost 45%) were in League Cup, but he played six league matches and scored an important goal at Villa Park.

Rooney’s comeback, Berbatov’s scoring form, Hernandez’s ability to score vital goals and Michael Owen who could back to the game at any time meant Macheda may be given much less chances than earlier. Sir Alex Ferguson thought that playing in other club may be better for the lad than just training at Manchester United and coming on the pitch for last minutes. He was impressed by Danny Welbeck’s loan at Sunderland and decided to do the same thing with Macheda. Scot was convinced by Sampdoria that young Italian will get Serie A matches. Negotiations were easy, Federico was happy he’s still Manchester United player, but can play week in week out in his country. People were moaning it’s not good he comes back to Italy, because he’ll refuse to play in England and decide to stay in Italy. The ones who thought different reminded them Giuseppe Rossi’s unsuccessful loan at Newcastle.

When Kiko joined Sampdoria, they were 9th team in Serie A with just nine points to Champions League spot.

At the moment, Sampdoria are 16th and have only one point more than first team in relegation zone. In three months Federico is there, they lost 10 league matches and won just two. They haven’t win a game for two months. Since 9th January they’ve conceded 20 goals, scoring just eight. In 15 matches.

One of Sampdoria fans says “At the moment we could have Jesus up front and we'd still lose”. They don’t blame 19 year old Italian. They blame the team. “Macheda's got very little chance of scoring for Sampdoria, as there is just no creativity in our team to present him with a chance.” says other. Federico scored only one goal during his loan at Sampdoria, against Udinese in Italy Cup. “He hasn’t scored any goals in the league, but he’s had 3 starts this season and we haven’t really scored any goals”.

The last game Macheda started was three days after their last win. That’s 16th February.

Sampdoria fans rate him very highly, they think he’s a good player, but the service he received at Manchester United is not comparable to the one he has at Sampdoria. They are angry, because each game gets them closer to Serie B and managers (Domenico Di Carlo and now, Alberto Cavasin) don’t even try to change players or the style.

From Manchester United supporter’s point of view, this loan looks as a complete waste of time. Surely, it is. However, it’s not good when someone, only because of that, thinks Macheda is not capable of playing well again and he’s lost everything. It seems they’ve forgotten he’s still only 19 and Sampdoria loaned him to replace Antonio Cassano. Macheda was really impressive in his first month there (especially against Udinese and Milan in Italy Cup), but later the team started to lose every game and managers decided to play experienced players, using Kiko very rarely.

This loan may not working well on the pitch, but surely Manchester United gets some profits. In the nearest future, Macheda shouldn’t want to play in Italy again and after disappointing loan at Sampdoria he should do everything to get a serious chance at Manchester United. He saw nothing in football is guaranteed. With Javier Hernandez in form and Danny Welbeck showing at Sunderland he’s ready to play regularly for Manchester United, there should be a good rivalry between them.

You won’t find Sampdoria fan who thinks Macheda is useless. He hasn’t just been given a proper chance.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I did, obviously.
But thanks.... well so overall he's not exactly having a great time there so far is he?
According to that article, Sampdoria fans reckon the son of a deity would be having trouble finding the net there at the moment. He'll get another loan next season over here I'd imagine, I'd wager it'll work out better. Bear in mind that he's nearly a year younger than Welbeck, who had a disappointing loan down at Preston at the end of last year.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
According to that article, Sampdoria fans reckon the son of a deity would be having trouble finding the net there at the moment. He'll get another loan next season over here I'd imagine, I'd wager it'll work out better. Bear in mind that he's nearly a year younger than Welbeck, who had a disappointing loan down at Preston at the end of last year.
He always did have a problem with crosses tbf.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
He got injured. He was playing fantastic before he picked it up.

Drainy

The reviews I saw from Preston fans disagreed with that sentiment.
I'm pretty sure it was after he picked up an injury that he was getting stick.
After that they accused him of not being interested in playing for the club and not putting a shift in. Anyone who has watched Welbeck play knows one thing he does do is work hard.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I'm pretty sure it was after he picked up an injury that he was getting stick.
After that they accused him of not being interested in playing for the club and not putting a shift in. Anyone who has watched Welbeck play knows one thing he does do is work hard.
I thought it was more because they were playing fairly shite and took it out on the high profile (relatively) loaned guy. My point in bringing him up was that if you're playing for a bad team, you might not set the world on fire no matter how good you are (and I rate Welbeck very highly). Macheda has plenty of time left to prove himself yet.

Ekeke

It could end up doing more good than harm in the long road with Macheda's comments about Italian and English football. Lets say he comes back and does realise his potential and becomes a good player for us... And then one of the better Serie A clubs come in for him. Does he want to go back to a league he doesnt like or enjoy as much as the premier league? Perhaps not. Without this loan, perhaps in the same situation he'd have gone back over there to try it once a big club came in for him.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
The reviews I saw from Preston fans disagreed with that sentiment.
There was a Preston forum watch on here that in the main only had good things to say about him.

But I take your point about Macheda. He is just playing like a 19 year old at the moment, his time will come.

jeston

Macheda wasn't even on the bench for Sampdoria's 3-0 loss to Milan yesterday, fwiw.

Skholesy

He isn't really living up to his promising start when he burst through at United.
may make it, may not...but he has time on his side...remember chicharito was reportedly 20/21 when he was not gettng games and thinking of packing it in...

Players like fletcher, came on later....even gibson at 23 has been around forever. Keep the lad, loan him out a couple of seasons, may be have him on the bench one or two seasons....assess him again at 23, if he's not all that, he'd still be a decent championship striker, i reckon.

What he does have and we have seen, is talent...he's no ronaldo, but a goal every season for a young reserve isn't bad..

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
may make it, may not...but he has time on his side...remember chicharito was reportedly 20/21 when he was not gettng games and thinking of packing it in...

Players like fletcher, came on later....even gibson at 23 has been around forever. Keep the lad, loan him out a couple of seasons, may be have him on the bench one or two seasons....assess him again at 23, if he's not all that, he'd still be a decent championship striker, i reckon.

What he does have and we have seen, is talent...he's no ronaldo, but a goal every season for a young reserve isn't bad..
What happened to Scholsey?