Federico Macheda to Sampdoria (Loan Watch)

jeston

On the bench again, fwiw. 0-0 away to Bari, second half just started

jeston

Sampdoria 1-0 up from a pen. Macheda just on now after 60mins

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
If someone's interested...

Sampdoria drew 3-3 with Brescia at home. Brescia were leading 1-0, then 2-1, then 3-2, but drew.

In 83rd minute they got his third goal and Macheda came on, two minutes later Danielle Mannini scored for Sampdoria. Kiko's contribution? He took the ball from the net after that goal and ran with it to the centre to re-start the game as quickly as possible...

Goals:

17th, one point above the relegation zone. Three matches to play.

::sonny::

Relegated

Sampdoria [1 - 2] Palermo

45' [0 - 1] F. Miccoli
50' [1 - 1] J. Biabiany
86' [1 - 2] M.R. Pinilla

Lecce 41
Sampdoria 36
Brescia 31
Bari 26

Ekeke

What did they think was going to happen when they sold their 2 best players mid way through the season and tried to replace them with a teen on loan?

davisjw

Have to say this was an utter bust for Macheda. Needs to be loaned out to a Championship team and get back some confidence.

When was the last time we had success sending out a player abroad? We used to send them to Belgium if I recall correctly where the likes of Dong were scoring bucket fulls only to collapse when they got back.

Our game is completely different from most on the continent, keep him home next time.

humdinger

Have to say this was an utter bust for Macheda. Needs to be loaned out to a Championship team and get back some confidence.

When was the last time we had success sending out a player abroad? We used to send them to Belgium if I recall correctly where the likes of Dong were scoring bucket fulls only to collapse when they got back.

Our game is completely different from most on the continent, keep him home next time.
By all accounts confidence is not something he's short of, so with a bit of luck he'll come back desperate to show that he belongs at United rather than at a struggling Italian side and the experience may have made him appreciate that he's in a very fortunate position and has a brilliant career in the making if he works for it.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Antwerp were mostly in the second division and anyone could score for fun there.

Rossi did very well at Parma

Dave Jones scored a fair few at Nijmegen.

You feel Macheda is better suited to the PL and England in general.

MacMUFC

I reckon he's off. 3 times in different interviews SAF has mentioned the names of all the loan players coming back, but not once has he mentioned Kiko.

Never really got the hype tbh, if that is the case.

Number7

Ret's Slave
Makes no sense to sell him yet.

Get him to a championship or premiership club, give him time and IF he is to be sold we'd get a lot more from him for a successful loan spell.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Federico Macheda's agent believes there is a '90 per cent chance' the Italian will stay at Manchester United.

The 19-year-old has returned to Old Trafford for treatment on an injury after being loaned out to Sampdoria in January.

Despite being linked to Serie A sides Fiorentina and Parma - and having previously not ruled out a return to Sampdoria - his agent Giovanni Bia believes the teenage hot-shot will remain with the Red Devils.

Bia told the Daily Star Sunday: "He returned to Manchester for treatment on an injury he picked up.

"I will speak to Sir Alex Ferguson after the Champions League final but there is a 90 per cent chance that Macheda will stay at Manchester United."

032Devil

United striker staying put 03 June 2011 - 03:20 PM | Sport.co.uk

United striker staying put

Manchester United are ready to block any future moves to take Federico Macheda on loan according to the striker's agent Giovanni Bia.

The Italian Under-21 international joined Sampdoria in January to gain more first-team experience but he endured a mixed time back in his homeland, failing to score in 14 appearances.

The club were relegated after plummeting down Serie A following the double sale of Antonio Cassano and Giampaolo Pazzini, and Macheda was restricted to only 468 minutes of football.

Despite claims Sir Alex Ferguson might look to offload the striker, Bia claims United will certainly think twice before allowing him to go anywhere in the future.

In an interview with Radio Mana Mana, he said: "As far as I am aware, Manchester United intend to keep Macheda. They don't want to loan him out again."

Devil may care

There's no point in him going back in the reserves and that is most likely to happen if he doesn't go out on loan..

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The only thing we know is that he isn't availible for loan. That means we're either keeping him, and I'd be surprised if we could offer him the first team football he needs, or, he's going to be sold. I think it's most likely we'll sell him.

CentreForward

Berba's bitch. A Bulgarian dEvil
Can't see him getting into the first team, so loan should be arranged. Otherwise, he'll make the bench or start, but only in some cup games. The pre season will be important to make a decision on him

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He'll either be loaned or sold, sorry but there's no way he gets into the first team squad with any regularity after that stint in Italy.

Siorac

Yeah, this loan spell has more or less killed his chances of making it at United. I'd be surprised if Fergie took a gamble with him after his failure at Sampdoria.

mufcwarm92

Keeping him on is a little pointless as he'd barely get playing time. Either loan him out to a Premier League club for some proper experience or get rid if he isn't good enough. I'm still unconvinced.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Perhaps, but it could also be his attitude, if someone asked me for one of his outstanding traits I couldn't tell them.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I wonder what will happen to Macheda, I wanted him to work out at United!
He's still just 19 years old.

Hopefully he'll have a domestic loan move this season.

Skholesy

I reckon he's off. 3 times in different interviews SAF has mentioned the names of all the loan players coming back, but not once has he mentioned Kiko.

Never really got the hype tbh, if that is the case.
A 19 year old who has scored a fair few goals for us, though in limited playing time....he's done well for us, really.

Number7

Ret's Slave
Domestic loan move is the way to go.

Selling him now would be pointless as we'd get nowhere near the value we would if he had a good loan spell somewhere. He's still in with a chance at United I reckon, I guess pre season will be vital for many of these young players.