Fellaini | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canagel

His days at the club are numbered. And rightly so.

Devil81

This is a strange one for me, whilst I appreciate Fellaini hasn't ever been a United style player I'm amazed the club are letting make the decision to let him leave.

I don't believe this is his decision, I think this is a decision influenced by others at the club. Sir Alex could be having more of a say than we actually know.

Alemar

This is a strange one for me, whilst I appreciate Fellaini hasn't ever been a United style player I'm amazed the club are letting make the decision to let him leave.
But it’s a great decision if true. Firstly, we get some fee and lighten wage bill. Secondly, we send a right signal to the other players - to either perform to required standards or be gone. Thirdly, it is another indication of the route we are taking - towards more mobile energetic players. It’s very good from any standpoint

Cloud7

I don't believe this is his decision, I think this is a decision influenced by others at the club. Sir Alex could be having more of a say than we actually know.
The club were very prepared to let him leave during the summer, and only Mourinho’s hard on for him kept him here. I don’t think he’s valued that highly by the club hierarchy. I said in a previous post, but it’s similar to how the powers that be told José that they were not selling Martial, it’s just on the other side of the spectrum, where they’re making the decision to sell him.

Foxbatt

The question not that he should be sold or not. If he is sold then so be it. If he is at the club then he should be used in the right way. I have no issues for him to be gone. But to keep him at the club and then not use him is a huge issue especially with his reported high wages. That is why I want Lukaku also to be sold along with Fellaini.

Trizy

He is the epitome of our shitness the past 5 years. £15m better in our pocket.

Foxbatt

Without Fellaini we probably would not have won the EL. At least give him credit for giving and never stop trying. He did not have us over a barrel. His contract was up and he signed for what the club agreed to pay him. If the club had not agreed then he would have been sold.

Kostov

Why is it pathetic? This holier than thou moral high ground attitude has gone on far too long at this club, perhaps you remember not so long ago Fellaini was publicly calling us out, threatening to go to other clubs, refusing to sign his contract, Mourinho and him bending the club over a barrel so that not only did we renew the contract of a bang average player well into his 30's but we gave him a ridiculous pay rise that apparently nobody else is willing to match? Gee, and I wonder why that is.
When did this happen? Publicly calling us out? Please enlighten me, when was that, since I must have missed it. IF we are truly as big and organized, then we should not be held to ransom by Fellaini, nor by the manager. The reality is, Fellaini waited for a better contract, which is perfectly reasonable for a player of his age. He has been respectful towards the club in my opinion, and his attitude was spot on even when he was booed.

It's about time we stopped entertaining the idea that, as a club, we are somehow superior to others, that we should treat all players like this regardless of ability, in the sense that, it doesn't matter how good the player is, as long as he tries hard, he should play for this club. No. A player like Fellaini, should not be anywhere near this club, if we are to reach the top again. It's this attitude, this pathetically mediocre attitude that has dragged us down, that has our squad overflowing with overrated squad players on over inflated wages that we can't get rid of. Time to be ruthless, like we used to be, Fellaini wouldn't be in the squad of any top club challenging for top trophies in any team in Europe, so why is he good enough for us, he tries hard? He's tall? He runs? So what, get him out, you think he has some massive respect for this club? No, we pay his wages, he's an employee, and a handsomely rewarded one at that.
We are not. All I am saying is there is tons of abuse directed at him for no reason. He has never disrespected the club, his attitude is fine and pretty committed whenever he is on the pitch. He is here to earn his living and because we offered him a new contract when Ed could have refused just like he did when buying a CB was required. Fellaini is being slated for no reason, mostly because he reminds people of Moyes. Which is pretty pathetic in my opinion.

Amir

I doubt he'll be leaving in January. Even if we are willing to sell - and I'm not sure that's true, under a caretaker - he has little reason to leave right now. Even if he's fallen out of favour with Solskjaer, he knows that at the end of the season we may have another manager who'll give him a go.

He'll never play for a club like ours again, he has another year on a very good deal. I'd stay if I were him.

Mcking

Not rating and criticizing his performance or behavior is one thing. Unwarranted slating just because it’s Fellaini is pathetic. Fellaini always gives 100% just like Lingard and has been a good servant when called upon.
Most of the posts here are doing just that. You won't see many posts that are unduely slating or hating on him for that matter.

Raw

I think he still has some use and I wouldn't really mind if he did end up staying for a bit longer, but he's in his 30s and £15m would be an alright price. If he's not in Solskjaers (or Woodwards) plans then get rid.

Sir Scott McToMinay

I honestly like him at this point as a player, his chest control is literally the greatest in the history of the sport, he’s ability to score important goals in the last minutes of a game, the way he carries himself around you know?

But on the other hand I really hate seeing him starting games for us.

Marcus

Fellaini can be our Supersub, not a starter. I think Ole of all people would appreciate the utility of that role.

stevoc

Without Fellaini we probably would not have won the EL. At least give him credit for giving and never stop trying. He did not have us over a barrel. His contract was up and he signed for what the club agreed to pay him. If the club had not agreed then he would have been sold.
You could say that for quite a few players in that season to be fair.

0le

Fellaini can be our Supersub, not a starter. I think Ole of all people would appreciate the utility of that role.
What makes him any good for that role? He has never shown any qualities for being a super sub, other than perhaps for good chest control. His heading is rubbish considering his height and he is only average at finishing. He also can't create any chances for other people outside of chesting it into an area and hope someone makes the run.

clarkydaz

Fellaini leaving this window seemed too good to be true in this Ole honeymoon period. Getting £15m for him aswell definitely is

Marcus

What makes him any good for that role? He has never shown any qualities for being a super sub, other than perhaps for good chest control. His heading is rubbish considering his height and he is only average at finishing. He also can't create any chances for other people outside of chesting it into an area and hope someone makes the run.
90th minute, corner to Arsenal. Arsenal needs a goal to to earn a draw against United. Up to now Arsenal have found no way through United's defence with their pretty football. Emery brings on Fellaini. Can the big man make a difference? Think about it.

Canagel

We’ll see how things turn out. I’ve been right for the last several years, unlike you.
the writing is already on the wall, we don't need to see anything. You got this one wrong unfortunately.

manutddjw

It amazes me that some people still haven’t forgiven Rooney for his contract issues despite becoming our record goal scorer and given us menories that will last a lifetime and yet Fellaini openly made a spectacle about his contract in the summer but we’re supposed to be nice to him because he tries his best and scored 5 game winning goals in the 6 years that he’s been here.

He’s lucky that we appointed 3 dinosaurs post Sir Alex or else he wouldn’t be here. I’m not saying he’s an awful player but what he is good at is everything that goes against how United are supposed to play. Plan B for us was throwing on another striker, moving a winger to full back to bring on another winger. It was never lumping the ball up to a target man. Chicharito and Fellaini were here for roughly the same time period. Look at the difference in the goals scored off the bench and tell me which ones are effective plan b.

stevoc

90th minute, corner to Arsenal. Arsenal needs a goal to to earn a draw against United. Up to now Arsenal have found no way through United's defence with their pretty football. Emery brings on Fellaini. Can the big man make a difference? Think about it.
What?

Djemba-Djemba

It's amazing we won all those trophies in the 90's and 00s without a big donkey we could chuck up front and hoof it to.

Fergie definitely missed a trick there.

R'hllor

People think that this hate from certain section of United fans is worst thing when it comes to Fellaini, whole thing in friendly game vs Valencia tops it by few levels imo. Think people mixing things up when it comes to Fellaini, whats his big crime ? Him being him and others seeing him as easy lazy way out ( Young specially )?

When it comes to his performances on the pitch, dont remember ever thinking "he didnt give his all", regardless of opinions of his 100% being good enough or not.
Now when i think about it, all my issues with Fellaini are not directly related with him, him playing a DM instead further up the pitch like under LvG, isnt his fault, or others see him as easy way and mindless hoof towards him is also not his fault etc.

staniswin

Pochettino who is considered as the best manager in the world according to CAF has proven that He would use a Spanish Fellaini when chasing the game and He almost succeed. Our Fellaini is better player than their big lump. My point is Poch who is a top manager consider hoofing as an option so i think any other manager would think the same.

Marcus

If we sell Fellaini to a team like Arsenal. Instant plan B for them. I was trying to explain that he has a role a Supersub and was just asking the poster I quoted to imagine Fellaini coming on as a substitute for another team against United.

stevoc

If we sell Fellaini to a team like Arsenal. Instant plan B for them. I was trying to explain that he has a role a Supersub and was just asking the poster I quoted to imagine Fellaini coming on as a substitute for another team against United.
And Arsenal are interested in him are they?

Also usually ''Supersubs'' are players who have a knack of coming on late in games you are losing/drawing and scoring. Fellaini doesn't really have that knack.

Marcus

And Arsenal are interested in him are they?
I don't know. Just an example. If I were Emery, I would try actually. It's an option they are missing. But that's not the point of my post.

stevoc

I don't know. Just an example. If I were Emery, I would try actually. It's an option they are missing. But that's not the point of my post.
I doubt Arsenal would want him. If he leaves i'm fairly certain it will be to another league, Turkey or Italy being the most likely destinations maybe even China.

And even if he did go to another English side, it would be ok. I think we can survive the possibility of him coming off the bench to score against us once every few years.

FujiVice

Fellaini left the club weeks ago. The body may still be at Old Trafford but the hair is gone. See no reason to keep him on.

Marcus

I doubt Arsenal would want him. If he leaves i'm fairly certain it will be to another league, Turkey or Italy being the most likely destinations maybe even China.

And even if he did go to another English side, it would be ok. I think we can survive the possibility of him coming off the bench to score against us once every few years.
Last sentence of yours fair enough. But I really would like to see how the Ole effect translates for Fellaini as well on the pitch. If he is sold eventually so be it.

peridigm

He was gone for free last summer. No club picked him up presumably due to wage demands. He was given a new deal for what, one or two years perhaps, now we hope to get 15m for him? Wishful thinking. I’d rather keep him for a squad option but if Ole isn’t going to use him we should sell him for whatever offer we can get.

stevoc

Last sentence of yours fair enough. But I really would like to see how the Ole effect translates for Fellaini as well on the pitch. If he is sold eventually so be it.
Sadly for whatever reason Solskjaer just doesn't seem to fancy him as a player. While Ole is here i don't see him playing much.

Ekeke

He simply doesnt fit what we're trying to do now, playing with pace and counter attacking. And with Lukaku starting on the bench, there's no need for another physical aerial player to come on. At least Lukaku is scoring goals when he comes on and has some speed.

suheilsworld

Use him as a super sub striker to replace the tiring rashford. I'm sure his first touch and hold up play is better than Lukaku

I really want everyone to do better with OGS in charge

Status
Not open for further replies.