Fellaini | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Fellaini will stay for at least another 2 seasons purely because the club won't be signing any new players in the summer, instead the club will retain the current squad!
Are you a wum?

stevoc

Fellaini will stay for at least another 2 seasons purely because the club won't be signing any new players in the summer, instead the club will retain the current squad!
Do you remember the last time United signed no players during a summer break?

Also Fellaini's contract ends in 18 months.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
This is not gonna happen.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
You're the one calling yourself stupid.

Unless a club wants to play outdated hoofball then Fellaini is the typical cut and paste workhorse. He's not superb in it but he compensate to the lack of movement with attitude which is fair enough. Unfortunately he's also 31 which means his legs will soon be gone. A workhorse that can't run for the entire 90 minutes is as useful as a blind goalkeeper or Welbeck as a goal poacher. Which explains why most of SAF's workhorses left between their late 20s and early 30s. I assure you most were far more useful in the job then Fellaini is.

Fellaini made it pretty obvious he wanted to leave. Once he failed to agree terms with anybody he came back to United and signed a contract. That occurred mainly because our outdated manager was starting to lose the dressing room and to Fellaini's credit he'll give his 100% irrespective of the manager. This is not an issue anymore and its only fair for the club to let him go. In my opinion this thread would be far more interesting discussing whether we'll be able to get rid of him or not rather then to discuss the obvious.
Sorry, but I can't take anybody seriously if they still use the term 'hoofball', that was so 2012/13 ;)

tomaldinho1

Looks like he's off:

Sky just broke news re a Chinese club & permanent transfer

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I wont get my hopes up. He has his uses but he should have been let go in the summer rather than be given another deal. Great move by the club if that results in big money now though

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Been released by the Press Assocation, too. Was in discussion earlier on today and awaiting imminent offer from China.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
He was chasing the cash in the Summer wasn't he?

Good luck to him and will be nice to replace him and get some money in on top of that.

tomaldinho1

I reckon £18m

should do a poll and see who is closest, with it being a Chinese club it could be anywhere from £1m to £50m!

Sanchez7

Good news. A hard working committed player who was never good enough to play for us. His signing marked the start of the demise of this club and hopefully his sale will mark the revival.

charlenefan

I reckon £18m

should do a poll and see who is closest, with it being a Chinese club it could be anywhere from £1m to £50m!
How much was Arnautovic rumoured to be going for? That's the kind of money we should be looking for. About time we got some of this Chinese money, can we see if they want Jones and Darmian as well

arthurka

Why are there reports of him being released on free?
We should at least get couple of millions for him, Chelsea seem to get rid of all sorts for a decent amount.
Strange if true.

tomaldinho1

How much was Arnautovic rumoured to be going for? That's the kind of money we should be looking for. About time we got some of this Chinese money, can we see if they want Jones and Darmian as well
Yh but I think Arnautovic is a bit more of an exciting player!

Let's see how good a salesman Woody is... Guangzhou Evergrande welcome the most expensive football of all time, Marouaaaaaaane Fellaini!

0le

Oh come on, there is thread on this directly above yours!
If you cared to look at the time stamps, I posted before that thread was bumped. I was not aware there was another thread on Fellalni moving. The mods can merge/ close.

littlepeasoup

Good if we can get a decent fee, and he'll undoubtedly get paid obscene amounts of money, so it's probably a win-win. Frees up a space in the squad for a youngster coming through. Greenwood maybe?

Cloud7

The Ole tenure with 9 wins out of 9 if this transfer goes through :drool:

Fredo

You broke my heart!
Ship him out, can't see him providing any extra edge with the way we are playing now, fecker also considered himself "in a strong position" in negotiations over the summer, thinks he's worldclass or something...

charlenefan

Why does he want to go to China at this stage of his career though? He's still a good footballer for a mid tier club in Europe.
Well because of his age this'll probably be the last chance to go to China, it's not like he's Iniesta

steakpie

This will hopefully pay Mourinho's pay off.
Rewarding Fellaini with new contract may have been a good decision after all. Every cloud has a silver lining!

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He's been very useful the last few years scoring some crucial goals but it's definitely the right time to move on for both parties. Good luck to him.

Drifter

American
Good luck and thank you for your service. Did a good job for us.Who will the Cafe pitchfork mob moan at now.

Status
Not open for further replies.