Fellaini | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Always liked him. Puts in a shift and scores on his day. Helped us win silverware, hate on here is unjustifiable.
Look, we've found us a Burnley fan!
Christ. Worked hard, did his job, played for every manager he served under. I sometimes wonder what you lot want. His attributes are not to be taken for granted. I refer you to Chelsea's gilded stars. I wish him all the best.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Can't complain about his time here, all things considered. Did what he could 100% and never complained. Plenty of players would have needed nursery the way he was treated at times but he just didn't give a flying one about that. Good luck.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Should he have a half time testimonial? He gave so much to the club.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
See you around Fellaini. I thought you were okay, no hate or celebrations here... {Shrugs}

Roboc7

How do you know he has a bad attitude? What gives you the smallest idea that would be the case?

It's obvious he's just not playing, and now wants to move on. Why does there have to be anything sinister. Every manager who's worked with him has said he's always been professional.
I don’t thats why I said ‘have to wonder if’ rather than stating something as fact or saying it’s obvious. Main reason he has missed games is injuries, manager is only here on interim basis and yet he’s gone to China because he’s not playing for few games.

Don’t think anyone expected him to go in January, first rumours about him being up for sale were related to his attitude. Those rumours have been correct in sense he was for sale at least.

el3mel

He can leave with his chest raised up. Gave all his best to the club and had great moments here despite the abuse by fans. Definitely one of the successful signings in the post Fergie era when it comes to impact whatever moaning people do about his style of play. He gave us far more than some players who the fans drooled over to no end like Bastian, Morgan, Depay, Di Maria and Sanchez. It was ironic to see our fans in deep love with someone like Bastian who gave us feck all because he's class while hating on Fellaini who was playing and performing.

Good luck for him in the rest or his career and fingers crossed we don't get any injuries in midfield or otherwise we'll have to endure the shite put by Fred and Periera.

RedDevil@84

Adios Fellaini. Rojo next please, this guy is a total waste of space and wages
He is neither ready to go to China or sought after by any Chinese team. So I guess we are stuck with him till his contract expires or he decides to take a wage cut and move elsewhere.
If he is injured most of the time, he won't be going anywhere

L1nk

Good riddance finally, should never of been here in the first place. I curse the day Mourinho publicly begged the club to give him a new contract to, though at least we got a half decent fee for him for the trouble I suppose.

Stadjer

End of an era.

He was the posterboy for the fall we've made since Fergie retired. Signed for more money than was needed because we waited to long so his release clause expired and he just wasnt a very good player for a team wanting to win the title/cl. He was great for Everton as an attacking midfielder causing trouble but we tried him as defensive midfielder and he just wasnt very good there. He just isnt the quality United should sign or play as a starter.

However.. he was very disliked by a lot fans but he always did his job. Always tried his best and also has been important in his years here. He really can leave with his chest raised.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Has he not gone yet?

We should be wrapping him in bubble wrap and shipping him out in an armoured car to reduce the chance of him breaking a nail and crying off on the transfer.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
He got my daughter into Manchester United. "Is silly hair playing?" was a weekly refrain.

minoo-utd

Why people hate the guy so much?
He did his best up to his limits, and was never hiding. He deserves much more credit

Patrick08

Why people hate the guy so much?
He did his best up to his limits, and was never hiding. He deserves much more credit
Not hate against him I would call, but he was not what we needed in the midfield, so fans didn't like him naturally.

RedFin

There is something about Fellaini that i like. Nothing against him but this is 100% the right decision by the club.

He just isn't the type of player i want to see play for Manchester United. But that doesn't make him a bad player.

MoskvaRed

He was here for almost the full 6 years of the Moyes contract. It feels like we are finally finding our footing as a club again.

I wish him all the best though. He made a contribution here and he showed a lot of character to come back and win some fans over after becoming a bit of figure of fun in his first 12 months.

evil_geko

I like how "doing his best" and "working hard" is somehow something we should admire of Fellaini nad only thing people defend him with, that is bare minimum to be expected of every footballer ffs!

Trophy Room

I like how "doing his best" and "working hard" is somehow something we should admire of Fellaini nad only thing people defend him with, that is bare minimum to be expected of every footballer ffs!
But he did that consistently even when others weren't. He scored some important goals for us and had very good performances during his time here. Made a scapegoat unfairly a lot of the time. Always played with his heart. I thank him and wish him well. Some of the hate on here is ridiculous and uncalled for.

AndyMUFC

He just isn't the type of player i want to see play for Manchester United. But that doesn't make him a bad player.
I think that sums him in a nutshell. He was bloody awful under Moyes but once his strengths were used a bit more under LVG and Mourinho, he's done his job in spells. He's one of the most effective players in the world in the air when you need a goal but he's just not the sort of player any of us want to see play for United.

Him leaving is really just a sign that we're moving on from 5 years of drab football.

Dumbat12

But he did that consistently even when others weren't. He scored some important goals for us and had very good performances during his time here. Made a scapegoat unfairly a lot of the time. Always played with his heart. I thank him and wish him well. Some of the hate on here is ridiculous and uncalled for.
What the hell does that mean and how do you know which player is giving it all and which not? Fellaini was complete shit during his stay here. We can say that even Bebe had good moments, that doesn't really mean anything. He's a "scapegoat" because he is one of our worst players. It's not some conspiracy against him personally.

SATA

Hopefully we see some official news very very soon. This is as good as awaiting an incoming new signing confirmation i'm telling you

Josep Dowling

Are we really putting him in that bracket of players ? Good Lord. He belongs with Djemba Djemba, Klebberson, Dong fangzhou etc.
Some people on here think he is, I can’t believe the amount of Caftards responding to me for saying he was a crap player for us. Standards have dropped.

AndyJ1985

Some people on here think he is, I can’t believe the amount of Caftards responding to me for saying he was a crap player for us. Standards have dropped.
It seems that some people think all you have to do to be a decent United player these days is try hard and not kick up a fuss.

Canagel

He also had terrible performances and cost us in some of them. With loads of inneffective games. Apparenty you cant mention this without being called "hater" etc. Over the 5 years the amount of times he saved us you could count on hand yet it didn't stop myth he was effective plan B. He was unsuccessful signing fullstop.

Last edited:

Still ill

Well yes. And in your opinion, is that what you get from every professional footballer? Do you feel ability is the ONLY yardstick by which we should measure our players?

0le

Well yes. And in your opinion, is that what you get from every professional footballer? Do you feel ability is the ONLY yardstick by which we should measure our players?
Do you have any evidence to suggest our players are not professional? Look at how we came back at Newcastle for instance. They could have downed tools and got Mourinho the sack but they didn't.

Still ill

Do you have any evidence to suggest our players are not professional? Look at how we came back at Newcastle for instance. They could have downed tools and got Mourinho the sack but they didn't.
I don't recall saying any of our players are unprofessional, just that ability is not the sole benchmark for players that add value to our club.

Trophy Room

What the hell does that mean and how do you know which player is giving it all and which not? Fellaini was complete shit during his stay here. We can say that even Bebe had good moments, that doesn't really mean anything. He's a "scapegoat" because he is one of our worst players. It's not some conspiracy against him personally.
The fact that you use Bebe as an example to make your point gives me an indication that I cannot have a rational discussion with you. We will agree to disagree but I think its unfair to label him as one of our worst ever players. He is not as bad as you think, his style is such that he'll never be a fan favourite. With Van Gaal and Mourinho, he played very well in important big games when used correctly. Remember he scored the important opening goal against Everton in the FA cup semi final, a competition that we won in 2016. There are other examples.

These moments and the fact that he had a lot of good games won't be remembered because the default CAF position on Fellaini is that he is and was always shit. This is not his fault, it was inevitable because of the type of player he is, his association with David Moyes and the fact that when he had a bad game, criticism was often blown out of proportion. I agree he is not a United quality footballer but he is not a bad player. His strengths when utilised well made him very effective.

0le

I don't recall saying any of our players are unprofessional, just that ability is not the sole benchmark for players that add value to our club.
Well all are players are professional, so what other benchmark is there really other than ability?

Trophy Room

He also had terrible performances and cost us in some of them. With loads of inneffective games. Apparenty you cant mention this without being called "hater" etc. Over the 5 years the amount of times he saved us you could count on hand yet it didn't stop myth he was effective plan B. He was unsuccessful signing fullstop.
Nope that's not true. He had terrible games for us and by all means call him out on it objectively but I feel that when Fellaini had a 'bad game' he suffered a lot more abuse than other players who also over the years have had terrible games.

I personally don't think that he ever disrespected the shirt and I have never associated lack of effort with Fellaini despite suboptimal quality at times. Therefore I don't think that its fair that his departure warrants such disdainful comments from some posters. Its just my opinion.

siw2007

Made a nice career for himself here after a disastrous first season. Scored some important goals in some big games (City, Everton semi final, Hull semi final, Celta Vigo semi final). Was never a good fit for us and probably shouldn’t have been signed but can’t fault the effort of the lad.

Best of luck to him in the future, and thank you for his contribution.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I think he’s very similar in style to Herrera, who I like as a player. He’s got a good shot on him as well, which would be nice for our midfield to have as an option.
So he runs around a lot, looking busy, consistently fouling, but not contributing much offensively or defensively :lol:

But seriously, not seen much of him since his early youth International days where his talent was obvious but he looked a bit on the small size for midfield, not Giovinco small, but small nevertheless.

shaky

It seems that some people think all you have to do to be a decent United player these days is try hard and not kick up a fuss.
What more do you think he should have done? He might not be up to the standard we desire from utd players, but that's not his fault. He didnt sign himself, he didn't pick the team when he played. He was asked to do a job by whatever manager we had, and did it to the best of his ability. Does any player deserve abuse from their own fans for just not being as good as we want him to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.