Fellaini | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Name me one SAF had who had near zero movement, near zero technique and near zero football intelligence. A player whose only attributes were attitude and ability to make a nuisance of himself further up the pitch. Ole was far, far more then that. Regarding Ole had 366 appearances with United Which means more games then Cole (275), Yorke (96) and Van Nistelrooy (219). This gives you an idea of how much of a reserve he was.

I do agree that the whole team is a notch below to what is expected. Hence why I am surprised with people complaining with us getting rid of players who are clearly not good enough for Manchester United.
I'm not saying Fellaini would have been in an SAF team, he would have been nowhere near. Neither would most of our starters.

All I'm saying is if he is happy to sit on the bench and get 10 sub appearances a year, and we're happy to pay him, then I've no issue with that. In the right situation he is almost unplayable.

UpWithRivers

I think we could have actually used him for the tottenham game in the second half. He would have added strenth to our midfield to stop it being over run and height at the back to deal with crosses which we were not doing too well at. People keep blaming long ball tactics on him. Thats the manager not his fault. Its simple just say no hoofing it to fellaini. He is a better than lukaku at holding the ball and playing in others from the front and a better option than Mctominay or Pereira and controlling the game when needed

stevoc

"You can't handle the truth"

David Moyes signed him twice so i'm guessing he rated him, and LvG started him in the FA Cup Final(ahead of Lingard, Schneiderlin and Herrera), and Jose started him in the Europa League Final(ahead of Carrick, Rooney, Lingard and TFM).

Now there's always the possibility that LvG and Jose started Fellaini over more suitable players(see brackets) in the Finals just for the hell of it, or maybe they had placed large bets on him being in the starting XI and had an unfair advantage, or maybe just maybe they like Moyes they actual rate(d) him.
I'd say so as well, interesting that at 31 Fellaini has only been signed by one manager his entire career.

Kostov

Ah now I have a fanboy tag.
According to you, it is pathetic that many people are hating on Fellaini and giving him unwarranted slating, but in reality, you have over one hundred posts in Jesse Lingard's thread that are quite similar to the ones here. It is fair to call out anyone that is being hypocritical imo.
Well you go to excessive lengths so you can get back to Lingard again, and my criticism of his performances and conduct. Fellaini is not even playing, and in that small game time he gets he does his best, and you wouldn't hear a sniff from him outside the pitch as well. He's been a good pro and servant to this club.

If another average chap like him gets as much airtime and apologists like yourself who overrate every little bits of his play, be sure I'll be there to criticize him when he puts up average performances. Since you love to speak about my posts in the Lingard thread, go over and read some of your posts there, you are so far stuck up in his arse it's laughable.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I'm not saying Fellaini would have been in an SAF team, he would have been nowhere near. Neither would most of our starters.

All I'm saying is if he is happy to sit on the bench and get 10 sub appearances a year, and we're happy to pay him, then I've no issue with that. In the right situation he is almost unplayable.
Fellaini had just signed a new contract on a position of strength. I think his salary reflects that. I doubt that the club is happy to keep a player who gives 10 sub appearances a year on that salary and I also doubt he's got the characteristics needed to play in Ole's system.

The real question should be, whose going to sign him up? Fellaini was practically a free agent at the end of last summer and yet no one was willing to get him on the salary he wanted

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
I doubt it. Fellaini's attitude is top notch. He stuck to Moyes/LVG/Mou at a time very few people did. The problem is not his attitude but his characteristics. He lacks movement, talent and intelligence to play at a top side. Hence why at age 31 he's yet to play for a club who doesn't struggle to make it to top 4. There's nothing wrong with that. For every Messi there are 10s of Reo-Cokers.
Im just speculating as i don't see many football- related reasons to let him go in the current situation.

devilish

Im just speculating as i don't see many football- related reasons to let him go in the current situation.
I think there is. He's just signed a new contract on a position of strength. That means he's probably at the top tier part in terms of salary. If the new manager has no intentions in keeping him and is eyeing for other signings in that position then its only fair we'll try and let him go.

What I do find fascinating is that we're letting Ole taking such decision. I guess he's more of a simple temp after all. Alternatively the permanent manager is already in the back and had made it clear he doesn't want to work with Fellaini. Which means that the new manager knows the EPL and Fellaini's skillset well.

stevoc

Moreover, even if Llorente is currently washed up, he was a decent goalscorer at one point in his career and he is striker. Poch using has very little to do with how Mourinho loved using Fellaini
Yeah exactly mate all managers do it now and then even Ferguson. But other managers using it on occasion can't be used as a defence for Manchester United deploying the tactic quite often and for longer than 5-10 minutes in games the last few years.

stevoc

We've got Smalling for that. Lost count of the number of times we sent him up top and played a long ball under Fergie. Whats more, Smalling also has a purpose when he's on the field before we get desperate.
True Mikes got a decent scoring record for a defender. 15 goals since 2013, Fellaini has 22. So he could definitely be used in that role in an emergency.

Sylar

I think the one thing we gotta think about his is value to us. does his positives outweigh his negatives?
Or does he bring in something nobody else would.
Or does he function well as part of a team right now that justifies us keeping him?

I really do not see the positives outweighing the negatives when it comes to Fellaini with Manchester United. Hes 31 and is not going to get better either and hes not integral to us playing well.

Lukaku's first touch

The less we see this thread, the better. It means our plan A and B has worked and we don't require his unique "skill set". Although I appreciate his work ethic, his style of play and limited ability with the ball is a microcosm of all that has been wrong these past years.

Mcking

Well you go to excessive lengths so you can get back to Lingard again, and my criticism of his performances and conduct. Fellaini is not even playing, and in that small game time he gets he does his best, and you wouldn't hear a sniff from him outside the pitch as well. He's been a good pro and servant to this club.

If another average chap like him gets as much airtime and apologists like yourself who overrate every little bits of his play, be sure I'll be there to criticize him when he puts up average performances. Since you love to speak about my posts in the Lingard thread, go over and read some of your posts there, you are so far stuck up in his arse it's laughable.
Go on, you are doing a good job trying to get around your hypocrisy. Not rating Lingard, consistently bashing him, calling him a nothing player and epitome of the mediocrity surrounding the club is criticising his performances, while others doing the same for Fellaini is hating and unwarranted slating.
You are quick to tell us how useless Lingard is after every game, but Fellaini have had many bad games, but nothing, absolutely nothing from you. There has been many Fellaini apologists in this thread too who try to find some positives, point out his uses, how he is a good servant of the club, good pro, works hard, gives his all etc. Unno those things that makes you accuse others of having low standards in the Lingard thread. I wonder when you will start calling them out in this thread. I bet you won't because you are doing just that.
You are the one that won't stop voicing your detest for average players and how you don't tolerate 'rewarding mediocrity' - only works with Lingard maybe? - yet you have lauded Fellaini some times, telling us how you like him and would want him to stay despite personally admitting that he is as average as the useless Jesse Lingard. Maybe all the bashing and slating you've been giving Lingard didn't have much to do with quality and performances afterall.

Loublaze

ATLien
A- At Everton he was a coup. At United he was a signing made in the last minute of deadline day at a fee which was significantly higher to the one we could pay if we signed him a month before.
B- As said he stayed mainly because he stuck to managers at a time when they lost the dressing room. Loyalty is indeed rewarded especially when its in short supply.
It wasn't even a month before, it was 5 days previous of his clause ending! Desperate last minute buy

Cloud7

I'd say so as well, interesting that at 31 Fellaini has only been signed by one manager his entire career.
This would make a fantastic bit of trivia in years to come. It would be brilliant if his move away from United ended up being to a Moyes managed club as well :lol:

UncleBob

It wasn't a desperate last minute buy.

We tried to get an early 2 for one deal with Fellaini and Baines, Everton weren't interested and insisted that Baines wasn't going anywhere.

Moyes has always been clear about wanting Fellaini, just not as his first signing. Read the interviews

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We have to let him go quickly before it becomes poisonous. Probably feels we've treated him like shit .

Ekeke

Use him as a super sub striker to replace the tiring rashford. I'm sure his first touch and hold up play is better than Lukaku

I really want everyone to do better with OGS in charge
Whats that going to do when we need a goal? Lukaku is clearly a goalscorer off the bench, Fellaini isnt much of one.

Ekeke

It wasn't a desperate last minute buy.

We tried to get an early 2 for one deal with Fellaini and Baines, Everton weren't interested and insisted that Baines wasn't going anywhere.

Moyes has always been clear about wanting Fellaini, just not as his first signing. Read the interviews
We offered them barely enough to be a sensible offer for Baines alone, for both of them. We were never going to sign them like that.

SiRed

I dont think i have ever laughed as much at one of our players as i did when the big man did this..

A player who has done incredibly well to forge a career for himself at Manchester United despite his limited ability.
The fact that 3 managers in a row all loved him says more about the managers themselves than it does the player. And the majority of us agree, our last 3 managers are tits.
Hopefully now we have a man at the helm that can finally recognise, that Fellaini never was or will be an MUFC player.

A symbol of all that has been wrong since Fergie left. - As soon as he leaves, we challenge again . guaranteed!

Kostov

Go on, you are doing a good job trying to get around your hypocrisy. Not rating Lingard, consistently bashing him, calling him a nothing player and epitome of the mediocrity surrounding the club is criticising his performances, while others doing the same for Fellaini is hating and unwarranted slating.
You are quick to tell us how useless Lingard is after every game, but Fellaini have had many bad games, but nothing, absolutely nothing from you. There has been many Fellaini apologists in this thread too who try to find some positives, point out his uses, how he is a good servant of the club, good pro, works hard, gives his all etc. Unno those things that makes you accuse others of having low standards in the Lingard thread. I wonder when you will start calling them out in this thread. I bet you won't because you are doing just that.
You are the one that won't stop voicing your detest for average players and how you don't tolerate 'rewarding mediocrity' - only works with Lingard maybe? - yet you have lauded Fellaini some times, telling us how you like him and would want him to stay despite personally admitting that he is as average as the useless Jesse Lingard. Maybe all the bashing and slating you've been giving Lingard didn't have much to do with quality and performances afterall.
Jesus Christ pal, you alright? You seem upset? It's like you couldn't wait to get back to defend Lingard here, and there's no need.

As i pointed out, Fellaini has barely played since scoring a vital goal for us, and you are talking nonsense how it's performances related. If I feel Lingard is useless after a performance or something he does off the pitch is out of order, I will voice my opinion. That upsets you we know, since you can see Lingard take a shit in your grandma's hat and you would come here telling people how it was a site to behold.

I have lauded Lingard as well, during that purple patch last year when I though he turned a corner I've had posts here praising him, some poster reminded me not so long ago. Some of you Lingard ass lickers are haunting posters because they don't rate a player. Grow the feck up.

Last edited:

We need an rvn

I wonder how much Ole is behind this potential transfer (and the Rojo one if rumours are meant to be true). Fellaini is obviously not a player Ole thinks is United material yet under Jose we signed him up again - does that mean the board are listening to him or are they still pulling all the strings?

UncleBob

We offered them barely enough to be a sensible offer for Baines alone, for both of them. We were never going to sign them like that.
Ofcourse we weren't, but that wasn't the point. People are trying to portrait it as if we just jumped on Fellaini last minute, we didn't. It was more or less a done deal just waiting for us to get it over the finish line, with Moyes talking about the importance of Fellaini not being the first signing and how it would look, it's pretty clear why we waited...

stevoc

This would make a fantastic bit of trivia in years to come. It would be brilliant if his move away from United ended up being to a Moyes managed club as well :lol:
Haha yeah definitely, Marouane must be crossing his fingers Moyes or Jose get a new job soon.

Mcking

Jesus Christ pal, you all right? You seem upset? It's like you couldn't wait to get back to defend Lingard here, and there's no need.

As i pointed out, Fellaini has barely played since scoring a vital goal for us, and you are talking nonsense how it's performances related. If I feel Lingard is useless after a performance or something he does off the pitch is out of order, I will voice my opinion. That upsets you we know, since you can see Lingard take a shit in your grandma's hat and you would come here telling people how it was a site to behold.

I have lauded Lingard as well, during that purple patch last year when I though he turned a corner I've had posts here praising him, some poster reminded me not so long ago. Some of you Lingard ass lickers are haunting posters because they don't rate a player. Grow the feck up.
Since the Young Boys game, Fellaini has played against Southampton, Valencia, Liverpool, Arsenal, Cardiff and Reading. Whether what is going on in this thread is performance related or not, then that is up to you to decide. What you referred to as hate and unwarrated slating is quite similar to what you regularly do in the Jesse Lingard thread, and at the end of the day, it will always come back to that. Maybe just admit that you give Lingard hate and unwarrated slating too, rather than trying to get around what you clearly stated and come across as a hypocrite instead.

Ekeke

Ofcourse we weren't, but that wasn't the point. People are trying to portrait it as if we just jumped on Fellaini last minute, we didn't. It was more or less a done deal just waiting for us to get it over the finish line, with Moyes talking about the importance of Fellaini not being the first signing and how it would look, it's pretty clear why we waited...
Eh, we waited and the fee increased because his clause expired. If we got him cheaper the expectations would have been lower and we'd have had more cash to spend on the "marquee" signing. Nobody would have been talking about Fellaini if we followed it up with a bigger name.

Afterall, his first signing was Varela

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
90th minute, corner to Arsenal. Arsenal needs a goal to to earn a draw against United. Up to now Arsenal have found no way through United's defence with their pretty football. Emery brings on Fellaini. Can the big man make a difference? Think about it.
If the choice is playing against Fellaini for 20 minutes a season (with his upgrade on the pitch or bench) or having him on our side for thousands of minutes all season long...that's pretty easy actually.

Kostov

Since the Young Boys game, Fellaini has played against Southampton, Valencia, Liverpool, Arsenal, Cardiff and Reading. Whether what is going on in this thread is performance related or not, then that is up to you to decide. What you referred to as hate and unwarrated slating is quite similar to what you regularly do in the Jesse Lingard thread, and at the end of the day, it will always come back to that. Maybe just admit that you give Lingard hate and unwarrated slating too, rather than trying to get around what you clearly stated and come across as a hypocrite instead.
:lol::lol:

It will when discussing anything with you it seems. I hope you manage it through and you'll be alright when eventually Lingard finds his place on the bench and one day moves down his level to Watford or something. Now have a good day and don't follow me around will you? No hard feelings also.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The only use I see for him in this present team is to be introduced in the last 10 minutes to shore up the defense. He will be useful in defending set pieces and corners.
He may also be used in cases when we are up against a team who have 11 men behind the ball and are defending for their lives. We can start pumping balls, straight into the box, for him to chest down to our other players.
Fellaini definitely has his use and given that every manager he plays under seems to love him, it is clear that he is intelligent enough to follow instructions, to the letter.
Another example of his use, is when defending. Against Spurs, Fellaini was the perfect man to bring on, with 10 minutes to go, when we were defending for our lives and could not grab hold of the ball.

Would I sell him - absolutely not.

devilish

Please explain why we bought him few minutes prior deadline for 30m when we could have signned him for less just 5 days before.

I was watching bbc at cardiff when we signed him up. The presenter wasn't sure that we managed to register him on time. That's how last minute that signing was

devilish

He may also be used in cases when we are up against a team who have 11 men behind the ball and are defending for their lives. We can start pumping balls, straight into the box, for him to chest down to our other players.
Fellaini definitely has his use and given that every manager he plays under seems to love him, it is clear that he is intelligent enough to follow instructions, to the letter.
Another example of his use, is when defending. Against Spurs, Fellaini was the perfect man to bring on, with 10 minutes to go, when we were defending for our lives and could not grab hold of the ball.

Would I sell him - absolutely not.
We might as well hire a tall boy scout. Seriously he is probably paid good money and he doesn't fit ole's game. Selling him is a no brainer

cyberman

We might as well hire a tall boy scout. Seriously he is probably paid good money and he doesn't fit ole's game. Selling him is a no brainer
So who do we bring on to help out an under pressure defence again? Lukaku? Fred?
We are going to run into trouble if every sub we make is an attacking one. Especially if its involving putting Rashford out wide every time.
Those are Wenger subs quite frankly.

haram

Please explain why we bought him few minutes prior deadline for 30m when we could have signned him for less just 5 days before.

I was watching bbc at cardiff when we signed him up. The presenter wasn't sure that we managed to register him on time. That's how last minute that signing was
We tried to sign him with Baines. After the release clause expired Everton played hardball with the price.

Grande

A player who has done incredibly well to forge a career for himself at Manchester United despite his limited ability.
The fact that 3 managers in a row all loved him says more about the managers themselves than it does the player. And the majority of us agree, our last 3 managers are tits.
Hopefully now we have a man at the helm that can finally recognise, that Fellaini never was or will be an MUFC player.

A symbol of all that has been wrong since Fergie left. - As soon as he leaves, we challenge again . guaranteed!
I think that when three very different managers, with very different playing styles, and with plenty of achievements in football to show they know a lot about it, all take a liking to a player competing with numerous multi million rated players, it says a whole lot about the player.

And for the people that can’t see or fathom the qualities that weigh against his limitations, it says something about that too.

Interestingly, Man United have always had space for players of grit, fight, physicality and loyalty among the glorious and glamorous players. Grit and grace marked us under Mangnall, Busby, Docherty and Ferguson.

Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho never understood that combination, but their admiration of Fellaini is not the thing that proves it.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Yeah but he's not though is he? He's an Everton player masquerading as a United player. He's only survived this long because he's done whatever the incoming managers have asked him to, Solskjaer obviously see's through that.
:lol:

Cognitive dissonance is amazing.

I hope he stays. If he doesn't he'll have my best wishes at his next destination.

devilish

We tried to sign him with Baines. After the release clause expired Everton played hardball with the price.
That doesn't really make sense. If fellaini was our no 1 target then we would have signed him on cheap then we would deal with baines as a separate transfer

devilish

So who do we bring on to help out an under pressure defence again? Lukaku? Fred?
We are going to run into trouble if every sub we make is an attacking one. Especially if its involving putting Rashford out wide every time.
Those are Wenger subs quite frankly.
How did SAF survive without a Fellaini equivalent?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I dont think i have ever laughed as much at one of our players as i did when the big man did this..

They regularly watch that clip on Rawk, like we do Slippy g.

He's like Forest Gump or something.

haram

That doesn't really make sense. If fellaini was our no 1 target then we would have signed him on cheap then we would deal with baines as a separate transfer
We tried to get Fellaini cheaper by buying him with Baines. We wanted both but thought we could get Fellaini cheaper than his release clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.