Fellaini | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbatt

Yes let him go. It will be less vitriol here against him. He had played and won a few trophies here and if goes to Milan or Benfica, he may win few more too. Good luck to him. I have seen that he gives all when he is on the field and with all the booing in the stands against him he still gave all. It will stand him in good stead in his life learning to be strong in such adversity.

Djemba-Djemba

True Mikes got a decent scoring record for a defender. 15 goals since 2013, Fellaini has 22. So he could definitely be used in that role in an emergency.
Well there we go then.

If we need a desperate last roll of the dice big guy to throw up front and lump the ball to then Smalling seems a good option. We don't need Fellaini

Shark

@NotShark
I dont think i have ever laughed as much at one of our players as i did when the big man did this..

A player who has done incredibly well to forge a career for himself at Manchester United despite his limited ability.
The fact that 3 managers in a row all loved him says more about the managers themselves than it does the player. And the majority of us agree, our last 3 managers are tits.
Hopefully now we have a man at the helm that can finally recognise, that Fellaini never was or will be an MUFC player.

A symbol of all that has been wrong since Fergie left. - As soon as he leaves, we challenge again . guaranteed!
This is correct, if anything highlights the fact that we’ve fecked up three managerial appointments on the bounce, rather than this “we’re cursed’’ talk, it’s the fact that all three actually considered Fellaini to be a United player. That in itself is enough evidence.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He had a better squad.
By that logic let's sell Pogba and Re-sign Cleverly since Sir Alex got by without him.
Its pretty evident that Pogba's incident occur mostly because of things outside the pitch rather then on it. I think that bridges were burned the moment Mino Raiola stepped in OT as his agent. However you did raise a good point with Cleverley which should be discussed

SAF did use workhorses. Park, Cleverley, Fortune, Phil Neville and John OShea are classic examples. However all of them had 4 things in common

a- they were at the lower tier in terms of salary
b- they tend to be very versatile
c- they usually covered a ridiculous amount of inches of pitch
d- they never disrupted our game plan which relied heavily on high pressing and quick counters.
e-they all left in their late 20s or early 30s. Which made sense considering that old legs tend not to be able to cover as much inches of pitch as younger ones.

Fellaini is not very mobile which basically goes against C and D. As his former captain Osman said he can't be trusted in a deeper role as he can be quite clumbsy without the ball which means he can only be effective in an attacking minded role. He's 31 and since Mou begged him to sign a new contract then we can presume that he's being paid quite handsomely.

Bola

Issue we have is that there are 3 senior players in the team that are surplus to requirements. This is on the basis that a squad has 2 x players for each position, with additional cover provided from the academy. By my reckoning we currently have a surplus CB, Full Back and CM.

On the CM position, our starters are Herrera, Pogba, Matic. While I'd have Perreira, Fred and McTom ahead of Fellani.

On that basis, I'd want Fellani sold. Of course others will have their own opinions on the pecking order, but i think mpst wpuld agree that at least one midfielder should be sold

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We tried to get Fellaini cheaper by buying him with Baines. We wanted both but thought we could get Fellaini cheaper than his release clause.
According to the media Moyes offered 28m for both Fellaini and Baines which would rate Fellaini at 1m more to what Everton paid for him in the first place (15m). He refused to activate a release clause of 22m for Fellaini alone and we only signed him when it was evident that we either sign him or no one. That's hardly a vote of confidence for the man.

RedIan

Discussion on talksport today that fellani is likely to go in this window. Ole clearly doesnt like his style so i say get rid and get some one in of quality who can play at pace. £15mil was mentioned which sounds cheap in todays markets.

haram

According to the media Moyes offered 28m for both Fellaini and Baines which would rate Fellaini at 1m more to what Everton paid for him in the first place (15m). He refused to activate a release clause of 22m for Fellaini alone and we only signed him when it was evident that we either sign him or no one. That's hardly a vote of confidence for the man.
Like I said, after the release clause expired we had to negotiate with Everton on a price.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Discussion on talksport today that fellani is likely to go in this window. Ole clearly doesnt like his style so i say get rid and get some one in of quality who can play at pace. £15mil was mentioned which sounds cheap in todays markets.
We were willing to let him go in a free. £15m is good business.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Damn you haters, didn't even have the decency to start a new thread to slate the guy. I don't believe this talk of Fellaini mourning José's demise to the point of him having an attitude now, Fellaini didn't get this far with his limited ability by having attitude issues. Anyway I can see him leaving and he'll find suitors out there willing to use his strengths.

(Mods, can you move all the stuff from his performance thread into here, everything from that Monday the 14th post made at 15h52)

Saffron

Good riddance. Can't fault the guys level of effort but he's not good enough for United. A large portion of our fanbase have been tricked into accepting mediocrity and it needs to stop.

stevoc

So who do we bring on to help out an under pressure defence again? Lukaku? Fred?
We are going to run into trouble if every sub we make is an attacking one. Especially if its involving putting Rashford out wide every time.
Those are Wenger subs quite frankly.
A defender?

If we had some defenders other than Smalling that could head a ball we wouldn't need Fellaini to come on to defend high balls in our own box.

Sell Darmian, Rojo and Jones and use that money to buy a commanding CB along with a new first choice CB.

Most if not all successful teams get by fine without a player like Fellaini on the bench.

crossy1686

career ending
Damn you haters, didn't even have the decency to start a new thread to slate the guy. I don't believe this talk of Fellaini mourning José's demise to the point of him having an attitude now, Fellaini didn't get this far with his limited ability by having attitude issues. Anyway I can see him leaving and he'll find suitors out there willing to use his strengths.

(Mods, can you move all the stuff from his performance thread into here, everything from that Monday the 14th post made at 15h52)
Seems like Ferguson is having more influence in the board room at the moment. Solskjaer's appointment along with some of the noises coming out of Old Trafford seem to suggest he's taken over (albeit for a little while) footballing matters at the club. Fellani is never a 'United player', we've all said as much since he arrived and if we've been saying it, you can rest assured Fergie has. While we have a caretaker manager it's a good time for the board to clear out anyone they feel isn't worthy or has the wrong attitude. Expecting a fresh squad for the new full time boss.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Fellaini gets some very unjustified hate just because he was a Jose favorite. I don't see what his fault was honestly. He has always given his all for the club but he does needs to be moved because we aspire to be better

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
If he does leave I hope we never have to play his team. He would be an absolute nightmare to face with a point to prove.

I still like him when used correctly (as a squad player, not starting very often). Obviously he shouldn't play as a normal central midfielder, but if we have a specific job that needs to be done he's stepped up to the plate many times over the years and done it well. If he leaves good luck to him.

youngrell

Can't fault the guy's attitude and think he's been better than some give him credit for, but would be happy to see him leave in this window or the next.

Ole has shown how easily we can not only survive without him, but thrive. It's time for a different approach that doesn't include the big man.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If he does leave I hope we never have to play his team. He would be an absolute nightmare to face with a point to prove.

I still like him when used correctly (as a squad player, not starting very often). Obviously he shouldn't play as a normal central midfielder, but if we have a specific job that needs to be done he's stepped up to the plate many times over the years and done it well. If he leaves good luck to him.
Hes the kind of oaf who would clattering in and get himself sent off with his first challenge.

Wouldn't be bothered at all.

FerociousCorgis

people complain about deadwood, then complain anytime we want to get rid of some of the deadwood and hype up their limited strengths. Bring in Crouch if you want someone to hoof it up to, is he still alive? Shit if we need goals id rather Ole just suit up and put himself in than watch us hoof it up to fellaini for the once a year goal.

Nick7

I would rather he stayed until the end of the season. We need bodies, he's evidently not first choice and that's ok.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Can't fault the guy's attitude and think he's been better than some give him credit for, but would be happy to see him leave in this window or the next.

Ole has shown how easily we can not only survive without him, but thrive. It's time for a different approach that doesn't include the big man.
I used to hate Fellaini pre United. It frustrated me when we played him but... I will commend his attitude. He's always been a player that would rise to the occassion and dig deep and get us something. I hate the concept of having to use him because to me he summarises everything we shouldn't be doing tactically. But I commend him for his spirit, he had the right attitude just lacking in skillset and being hampered by Managers that used him as a last resort.

It's time for him to go though.

Adebesi

Im quite uncomfortable with the level of hate this guy gets, it isnt his fault he is a limited player or that three managers have come in and found him a useful member of the squad. I think he has come to personify the problems of the club in a way that is not entirely fair. He has always tried and has delivered some important moments for us.

I hope we sell him but I wish him all the best and thank him for his service during this dark period in our club's history.

youngrell

I used to hate Fellaini pre United. It frustrated me when we played him but... I will commend his attitude. He's always been a player that would rise to the occassion and dig deep and get us something. I hate the concept of having to use him because to me he summarises everything we shouldn't be doing tactically. But I commend him for his spirit, he had the right attitude just lacking in skillset and being hampered by Managers that used him as a last resort.

It's time for him to go though.
Yup. He has a first class attitude, and that has carried him a long way. If he had the ability to go with it he'd be some player, especially with his physical attributes.

Still controls the ball with his chest as good as anyone I've seen. Wish Lukaku could do the same.

Canagel

No it doesn't matter . We will play around him just like other teams do to us when he plays now.

steakpie

So hopefully rewarding him the new contract which many of us didn't want, will bank us £10-£15m, happy days

Kapardin

Very good player, scored in 3 semi-finals and gave a MOTM performance against Ajax in the EL if I remember correctly. If he leaves, I'll only have good memories of him. He has been unfairly targeted many times.

Did get a swollen head and went all "La Décision" on us during his contract saga when Mourinho begged with him, but ok, he's been a model professional otherwise.

el3mel

If he leaves then he can leave with his head and chest raised up. Gave everything for the club and was important in many key matches despite getting booed and abused by our fans for no reason. He has given us far more than some players who the fans drooling over like Bastian, Morgan, Depay, Di Maria, Sanchez etc. Our fans were in love with Bastian who gave us feck all in his period here because of his personality while slaughteting Fellaini who was performing on the pitch because he plays a style we don't like.

Adebesi

What happened? Someone please fill me in on this one. Which clubs are interested in him?
I dont know how much of this is fact and how much speculation but the word is Ole hasnt been impressed with his attitude and wants rid. I doubt his attitude has anything to do with it per se but clearly he has fallen down the pecking order. But personally I wouldnt be at all surprised if he forced his way back into contention. Remember when people thought there was no chance he would survive LVG, given his technical limitations? But LVG loved him. Not that Ole is likely to do the same, but if he is willing to get his head down and work hard, which I assume he will be, he could remain an option.

JohnnyKills

He sums up this entire period for us. 'The Fellaini Years' would be an appropriate title for the whole post-Fergie era.

Hopefully his (rumoured) departure signals that we're finally ready to put the mess of the last five years behind us.

JohnnyKills

I dont know how much of this is fact and how much speculation but the word is Ole hasnt been impressed with his attitude and wants rid. I doubt his attitude has anything to do with it per se but clearly he has fallen down the pecking order. But personally I wouldnt be at all surprised if he forced his way back into contention. Remember when people thought there was no chance he would survive LVG, given his technical limitations? But LVG loved him. Not that Ole is likely to do the same, but if he is willing to get his head down and work hard, which I assume he will be, he could remain an option.
Given that Solskjaer appears desperate to restore the 'United Way', I'm not sure how Fellaini fits into his plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.