Fellaini (on his way) out? | Duncan Castles: Fellaini agrees new two year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Countdown timer:
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...p0=302&msg=End+of+Fellaini&font=cursive&csz=1

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

cyril C

Great news. We need a MF who can start and play every game, if allowed, like Matic. Such that there will be real rotation, and not those words such as why A all the time, because player B and C are shit

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Hope he goes.

Not the quality we need. Just a big lump who can bully the likes of mid table defenders

Alabaster Codify7

I think he's gone, which is excellent news. I have nothing against him as a bloke and he's not a shocking player, but he isn't good enough for a big club. Upgrade him and thank him for his efforts, which have always been top-draw to be fair (can't fault the guy's work ethic).

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Unless he's being replaced with a top class player, I don't see any reason to get excited. It won't change how we play, he didn't play yesterday and it was still shite.

Greck

Can't say I hate Fellaini, just hate how managers use him as a crutch and want to move on from it asap before he features in any more CL games.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
It's good news, as a club we can move on from him because it's been three managers who've resorted to him whenever we need something.

Everything goes out of the window and we start pumping balls whenever he's in the XI.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Unless he's being replaced with a top class player, I don't see any reason to get excited. It won't change how we play, he didn't play yesterday and it was still shite.
What people are failing to realise is that Mourinho will probably just go and by someone to replace his exact role.

Just because he’s leaving doesn’t mean that Mourinho’s tactics are going to change. After all he is Jose’s go to guy for hoofball.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is this real life?!?

Can the useless chump finally be on his way?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
It's good news, as a club we can move on from him because it's been three managers who've resorted to him whenever we need something.

Everything goes out of the window and we start pumping balls whenever he's in the XI.
If he leaves we’ll get someone similar to him in as a replacement. Mourinho was blaming our result yesterday on not having a presence like Fellaini to hoof the ball up to.

Hoofball is here to stay all the time Mourinho is in charge :(

Devil may care

He's just going to replace him with another giant dumbbell anyway, the one that needs to go more than anyone is Mourinho.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Just me who finds this hate aimed his way distasteful?

I could understand it if he had wronged the club in some way, but he's seemingly hated because he's seen as the anti-thesis to free flowing attacking football. If he had been available yesterday, there's every chance he could have made a difference in the last 20 minutes. Would it have been pretty? No. But if you think getting rid of Fellaini will solve that problem, you're kidding yourselves.

izec

He's just going to replace him with another giant dumbbell anyway, the one that needs to go more than anyone is Mourinho.
Yep, we should have sacked him after the Sevilla game. No more games were needed and surely not another season next year. He is not going to change and you cant win something meaningful with his tactics and football style nowadays.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
If he leaves we’ll get someone similar to him in as a replacement. Mourinho was blaming our result yesterday on not having a presence like Fellaini to hoof the ball up to.

Hoofball is here to stay all the time Mourinho is in charge :(
I really doubt there's another Fellaini out there, we may buy a tall lanky CM but he'll have more ability than him.

Also, we have plenty of tall guys to pump balls into if we're desperate. What we need is someone to put that quality ball in, scoring from crosses shouldn't necessarily be looked down upon. Both his Real and Chelsea side scored an incredible lot from set-pieces. Problem with us is, we only have one passer on the ball in Pogba. Teams can crowd him out meaning we're forced to go wide to our wingers turned fullback who take ages to put a ball in and 99% of the time it's utter rubbish. We'll be a lot better side if we buy proper fullbacks and a secondary playmaker, we are not really a fully functional side but those signings would go a long way to make us one.

Yep, we should have sacked him after the Sevilla game. No more games were needed and surely not another season next year. He is not going to change and you cant win something meaningful with his tactics and football style nowadays.
Don't you guys get bored of posting the same stuff ad nauseam. Season has just finished, there's a long summer ahead and he's going nowhere anytime soon.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I actually think he is an important squad player for us, but the way he has been bitching to the media about these negotiations is unacceptable. I understand that he is trying to get the best deal for himself but seriously, whatever the club is offering him is the best he could wish to earn anywhere. If he leaves, it will not be to another top club and so he will not get the same terms or package. I hope the club just tell him 'feck you' after how he's treated these negotiations.

el3mel

Seeing all these prayers in the thread make you think for a moment Fellaini leaving will turn us to a tiki taka title winning side.

FujiVice

Step one in the dream of ridding these frauds from Old Trafford. Mourinho next.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Seeing all these prayers in the thread make you think for a moment Fellaini leaving will turn us to a tiki taka title winning side.
No but it will give us a chance to sign a midfielder capable of being called a midfielder.

BlueHaze

A player who never was and never will be man utd quality. Should never have been signed in the first place and should have been sold seasons ago, been sick to death of our plan b being hoofing up long balls to this guy, its as far away from man utd you can get, relying on Stoke tactics when nothing else is working. Finally it seems he is leaving, and with him theres a bunch of others who need to go.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Just me who finds this hate aimed his way distasteful?

I could understand it if he had wronged the club in some way, but he's seemingly hated because he's seen as the anti-thesis to free flowing attacking football. If he had been available yesterday, there's every chance he could have made a difference in the last 20 minutes. Would it have been pretty? No. But if you think getting rid of Fellaini will solve that problem, you're kidding yourselves.
This.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A decent plan B, but not for the levels of cash he's apparently asking.
He's done pretty well to stay around for 5 years

Morpheus 7

It's not that simple obviously but It's a start, we need better footballers at the club. It also takes away the temptation for Jose to stick the big lump on from the start. He's never been a fan favourite but he's been an incredible prick about this contract publicly, thinking he's Messi. It's really best for everyone if he moves on and we get some new blood in. United won't turn in to a great team without Fellaini but will be a step to make us a better football side.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's a weird one. I always hated him as a player, the style that he encourages others to play, how clumsy and dirty he is.... but I do admire him for his mentality and resilience hes shown over his time here. And even performed on the whole pretty well, just well in terms of how he knows rather then what fans want to see. The problem was that I never liked seeing him on the pitch, so I'll be glad the day he leaves. But it wont be because he hasnt worked hard enough or didnt have the mentality to succeed or was too soft or anything. Just completely the wrong player for this club.

el3mel

It's not that simple obviously but It's a start, we need better footballers at the club. It also takes away the temptation for Jose to stick the big lump on from the start. He's never been a fan favourite but he's been an incredible prick about this contract publicly, thinking he's Messi. It's really best for everyone if he moves on and we get some new blood in. United won't turn in to a great team without Fellaini but will be a step to make us a better football side.
I'm irrelevant to the whole Fellaini situation anymore and won't lose any sleep over him if he leaves, as we can do better than him that's for sure, but all those prayers in the OP like he's our only problem and the reason why we're not winning is funny. Look at how many "please" are there in the thread. Fellaini hasn't played about half of the season and we were still complaining about the kind of football played.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
On a personal level, I sympathise with him.
He has come to represent everything that has gone wrong with the club and the way we play.
Lump it to Fellaini and hope for something.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
On a personal level, I sympathise with him.
He has come to represent everything that has gone wrong with the club and the way we play.
Lump it to Fellaini and hope for something.
Jack Charlton played those exact tactics in the 80s and early 90s with Ireland. Lump it up to big Niall Quinn or Cascarino.

Morpheus 7

I'm irrelevant to the whole Fellaini situation anymore and won't lose any sleep over him if he leaves, as we can do better than him that's for sure, but all those prayers in the OP like he's our only problem and the reason why we're not winning is funny. Look at how many "please" are there in the thread. Fellaini hasn't played about half of the season and we were still complaining about the kind of football played.
I get what you mean but I think the op was just having a joke, Fellaini isn't the reason we lost against a poor Chelsea side yesterday. It's more what he represents post fergie as in play style. There are many more things that we need to address in this side than the tree.

Last edited:

el3mel

I get what you mean but I think the op was just having a joke, Fellaini isn't the reason we lost against a poor Chelsea side yesterday. It's more what he represents post fergie as in play style. There are many more things that we need to be addressed in this side than the tree.
Don't disagree much with his. :)

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
A player who never was and never will be man utd quality. Should never have been signed in the first place and should have been sold seasons ago, been sick to death of our plan b being hoofing up long balls to this guy, its as far away from man utd you can get, relying on Stoke tactics when nothing else is working. Finally it seems he is leaving, and with him theres a bunch of others who need to go.
OP is a drama queen su rely...hahahaha!
Ayeeee

Make that a double ayeee! :lol:

Kostur

海尔的老板
Imagine the vitriol if/when he shits on United fans after he leaves?
Quite frankly cannot wait for all the butthurt it will cause because you still know there will be this faux outrage of 'how dares he, we're the best fans in the wurld'.

From club's point of view it's a good move if he moves imo as his fitness (not being injured to be precise) is too much of a concern. Hopefully shite like Jones follows him. If he stays, and is injury free, I'm cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.