Fellaini takes house off market

Smores

Well if you pay to watch your football or you have just been let go by BT you might care about the ever increasing wage bill.
Unless you own united shares it makes feck all difference to you. Products are sold at on demand not cost

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I'm convinced Bourinho is trying the sabotage the club. Wish he'd feck off with Fellaini.

Mike Schatner

Devil's advocnut
Great news a player who plays for the shirt every time .All a fan can ask
I totally agree with you. Big clubs need squad players that can contribute off the bench and don't expect to start every week. We really wouldn't be able to get anyone much better to fulfill his role.

That is why Martial is leaving, he does not want to be a squad player he wants to start. The reality is at top clubs these days you only start every game when you are a consistent top rated talent, which Martial isn't quite these days.

Canagel

I'm convinced Bourinho is trying the sabotage the club. Wish he'd feck off with Fellaini.
I feel like he is deliberately trolling at this point. There are no footballing reasons to justify Fellaini staying. Absolutely none. And Mourinho knows that Fellaini isn't well liked by the fans (not because of attitude) but because of his lack of quality and sees that as something to pride himself upon. Almost like 'well nobody likes Fellaini but I'm the special one and will show everyone I can win with Fellaini in the team'. He deliberately goes against the grain and imo putting himself above the club with such decisions like keeping Fellaini and possibly selling Martial.

edgar allan

Unless you own united shares it makes feck all difference to you. Products are sold at on demand not cost
Collectively I would say that the wage demands do fuel the need for a higher price for the viewing rights at least in part.

edgar allan

I totally agree with you. Big clubs need squad players that can contribute off the bench and don't expect to start every week. We really wouldn't be able to get anyone much better to fulfill his role.

That is why Martial is leaving, he does not want to be a squad player he wants to start. The reality is at top clubs these days you only start every game when you are a consistent top rated talent, which Martial isn't quite these days.
We have a good few inconsistent over rated regular starters but that is another discussion

haram

We dont have an unlimited budget. People think we can just replace Fellaini without it affecting the building of the team in other areas.

He’s not even first choice, people need to give it a rest.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Come on there are much better midfielders than fellaini who won't cost 50m

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
So our midfield for next year will be Fellaini and McTominay.

Looking forward to it already!

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
We dont have an unlimited budget. People think we can just replace Fellaini without it affecting the building of the team in other areas.

exactly - useful squad player and no transfer fee which saves us money for other areas

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
So our midfield for next year will be Fellaini and McTominay.

Looking forward to it already!
---------------Mctominy----------------
Herrera-------------------------Pereira
---------------Fellaini-------------------

as back up they can all do a different job and if we get somebody decent to play alongside Matic and Pogba thats ok by me

In Rainbows

Honestly why do you even care if he's payed 60k or 100k? Never get this
It matters. If we want to get rid it becomes more difficult when the new club likely can't offer the same wages. The player could be reluctant to move due to that. Might not matter with Fellaini seeing as he was practically about to leave, but in general that's how it can affect the club.

extincti fugax hominum

I read that as he put his house up for sale... which I would have been pleased with.

Was fine with him as a squad player to give our bench depth, but after those quotes about negotiations he can feck off.
Exactly my thoughts. Just for a moment, i was excited to see the key words like; fellaini, house, market etc. but unfortunately looks like the bog brush is staying for a while.

I also was ok with him when he put his head down and started to give his all for the team under LVG but since Jose came and put him on a pedestal consistently for 2 years, he thinks he is a world-class midfielder or something. He can feck off with his deluded quotes like you said.

DanClancy

Fellaini's house originally went on the market about 12 months ago, There's always the chance he's found a tenant.

prateik

He is 3rd or 4th choice. Will probably get pushed down further if we sign a new midfielder.

Keeping him would be a lot more sensible than spending money on a 4th choice midfielder. We can use that money elsewhere.

BigdaftGorby

There’s the group of people who believe The Tree deserves to be at Utd. Whether it be how he represents the shirt, the effort he gives or the way he manages to get on the end of a cross when Jose and his only plan doesn’t got to plan. He has a chest that is magnificently magnetised to to ball.
But unfortunately he represents everything that has gone wrong with our club since he was bought.
Not a united player.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron

You’re wasting your time my friend.

These young JCL posters don’t want to hear about financial sense, long term planning and other old fashion habits. No no no. Fresh and flashy is da shit.

Btw. Imagine if they started to support New England Patriots and heard about a gangly 40 year old QB and a Gronk with multiple injuries every season. Poor Belichick. Patience isn’t exactly trending on Twitter in this quarters.

Toad

He scores important goals. As linn as he is only used after 70 minutes as plan B, I couldn’t give a shit if he stays.

stevoc

So he’s a good plan b who we can throw on when we’re chasing a game right? Scores some headers. I got a great idea why don’t we sign Crouch or Carroll? We can pay them half the wages we offer Fellaini, they’ll fight for the shirt and they score headers too.
I know you're joking but Carroll would be better for that role. He might even average more than one goal per season in those scenarios and probably cost less. Makes sense all round except for the idea that Manchester United need a player in the squad to play long balls to.

FerociousCorgis

You’re wasting your time my friend.

These young JCL posters don’t want to hear about financial sense, long term planning and other old fashion habits. No no no. Fresh and flashy is da shit.

Btw. Imagine if they started to support New England Patriots and heard about a gangly 40 year old QB and a Gronk with multiple injuries every season. Poor Belichick. Patience isn’t exactly trending on Twitter in this quarters.
and yet people like you cant seem to understand if you are paying someone like fellaini 150k a week, that also isn't good financial sense. You free up those wages to go after different financial targets. Especially considering where fellaini SHOULD be in the pecking order. He sucks as a midfielder, and is only semi-useful (as the stats show he isnt even that good of a longball attacking option) as a further forward player. For midfield we should already be buying a top-ish player we can plug in and play centrally, so if we add that hypothetical guy to pogba and matic that gives us 3 there. Keep herrera as the 4th option, let mctominay play as the 5th CM guy, and why the hell would you want your 6th option CM making that high of wages? Talk about stupid financial sense. What long term planning do you have by keeping a player like fellaini for multiple years at those wages? If we add a younger less well known player for our 6th option CM, we could easily balance this out with sales from people like Pereira who are interested in more playing time than we prob will provide, as well as the lower weekly wage. Paying a guy half of fellaini's salary, plus the sale of AP would easily be the same financial burden, and might allow us to actually practice long term planning.

manutddjw

I know you're joking but Carroll would be better for that role. He might even average more than one goal per season in those scenarios and probably cost less. Makes sense all round except for the idea that Manchester United need a player in the squad to play long balls to.
Sadly I wasn’t really joking. I haven’t seen one good reason why Fellaini should stay other than what I listed above and in that case we could get someone to do the exact same things at a fraction of the cost.

Morpheus 7

Fellaini is going to turn in to some kind of wwe villain the way it's going. It wasn't so long ago since we wouldn't give out long contracts to 30 years olds, it was a rolling year. I think it's more annoying with him and Jose's comments of late. The uncertainty of the contract of Martial, De Gea and even Mata/Herrera for the long term. Best for everyone if Fellaini moves on in my opinion.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I am not that bothered considering the club earns a fortune and can pay high wages. But why should the club pay a high wage to a bit part player who is average? That wage could be going to a much better player. Also when an average player is getting paid a fortune they are not going to be as motivated as they know they can sit on the bench and earn a fortune.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW

But if rumours are to be believed he wants £200k a week and has rejected the clubs £140 per week offer.

That’s not the kind of wage you want to be paying a squad player and he certainly isn’t of the required standard to be a first team starter.

The guy has delusions of grandeur if he thinks that any club would pay him £200k a week.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
A few reasons for me - because there's a wage structure at the end of the day, so it could be inhibiting the ability to get better players (might not be an issue). Another reason is that it means players get stuck here instead of being moved on when they should be. And another is that it's us as fans who have to facilitate the ridiculousness, paying top whack to fund mediocrity.