Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
I am fairly certain Moyes must have had some sort of agreement not to use the release clause with Fellaini

It is the only explanation

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Ozil's a great signing, otherwise I don't see that you lot have strengthened in any of the areas you had problems. Still shit at CB, still one injury to Giroud away from playing without a striker.

Don't we still have the greatest striker that ever lived to fill in for him? Plus we can just do a Barca and not bother with one.

alastair

ignorant
Don't take his stupidity as a common consensus from United supporters. Arsenal and Wenger deserves all the credit for a great summer where Arsenal changed as a team from a smaller club to a big club.

If he can continue buying a player like Özil every year or two then you guys will grow into a top club in the world fast.

Exactly. This summer hasn't been perfect by any means but it highlights a clear movement from scrabbling around for bargains and competing for the top players. Ozil is just a start, and if one of the top 15 players in the world becomes available, you pounce.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal have been almost as shit as us this window. They've signed a player for a position that didn't really need strengthening, for over £40 million, and haven't strengthened any of the positions that they desperately need to improve in.

Edit: Actually, I think they've done worse. At least we've bought a player for a position we needed to strengthen.
:lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
Well Wenger was clearly led to believe that over 40m would trigger the release clause for Suarez. It didn't so he gave up on him.

I am fairly sure you would have landed the player with a proper bid. If you had the money (which Ozil shows you did) you would have been better placed to have signed him rather than the latter IMHO.

You should be delighted with Ozil but as said he isn't what you have been lacking desperately. I think that is why no one else was in for him. The top sides are well stocked with the Number 10 role, hence why I don't get the rubbing it in on here.

Brophs

The One and Only
Don't we still have the greatest striker that ever lived to fill in for him? Plus we can just do a Barca and not bother with one.
I suspect the reasons for doing so might be a little bit different.:)

Saoirse.

Liverpool Fan
Lol at Arsenal fans in this thread, the most fickle in the world! Also for the Arsenal fans hyping about Ozil's assists just remember he had Ronaldo & Benzema to finish them off, not Giroud and Walcott.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Give your head a wobble.
Szczesny, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Sagna and Gibbs is hardly the defensive line up of a title winning side, and Giroud, Walcott and Oxlaide-Chamberlain isn't a forward line up of a title winning side. Ozil's a good signing, but that's because he's a good player. Arsenal didn't really need another midfielder, they need to strengthen the defence and the forward line. All Arsenal have really done here is panic buy a star player, that will probably turn out to be a very good signing, but not really strengthen the team that much.

roseguy64

Ozil's a great signing, otherwise I don't see that you lot have strengthened in any of the areas you had problems. Still shit at CB, still one injury to Giroud away from playing without a striker.
Exactly. Bendtner and Sanogo are their backup strikers.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
What? Wenger's shat himself at the fans getting on his back regarding a star signing, spent a shit load of money on a player that they didn't really need and still have all the gaping holes in the squad they had at the start of the window.

United needed a midfielder like Fellaini, they've got a midfielder like Fellaini. The way they've gone about business has been an embarrassment but at the end of the day they've strengthened the team in the area that needed strengthening.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Feo can play up top if we're desperate. Obviously he's not very good at it, but it's a warm body to throw in there.

TheReligion

Abusive
Like I said, Ozil is a great player but not one that United, Chelsea, City, Liverpool or even Spurs needed - certainly not at that price and wages, hence why no one else was interested.

Enjoy him but don't come on here blocking up our severs gloating when no other club was interested anyway.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Are you plonkers debating whether Arsenal or us had the best transfer window?

One club bought a genuine world class player who's only going to improve and would walk into any side in the world.

The other bought a reverse broomstick.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Like I said, Ozil is a great player but not one that United, Chelsea, City, Liverpool or even Spurs needed - certainly not at that price and wages, hence why no one else was interested.

Enjoy him but don't come on here blocking up our severs gloating when no other club was interested anyway.
He's not a player that Arsenal needed.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal

:lol:

Righto.

Annahnomoss

Exactly. This summer hasn't been perfect by any means but it highlights a clear movement from scrabbling around for bargains and competing for the top players. Ozil is just a start, and if one of the top 15 players in the world becomes available, you pounce.

For me I must say that Arsenal has exceeded all expectations so it has certainly been near perfect. You have gone from being a team that lacks both in first team and squad depth to really challenge for the top - to a team which has a good enough starting eleven to beat any team in the league.
---------Giroud-----------
Özil-----Cazorla---Walcott
---Ramsey---Wilshere----

The only player who wouldn't walk in to a United side(vs liverpool) for example is Giroud and possibly Ramsey(depends on if he is in good form or if he has actually improved.)

I think this signing is going to be the start of something big for you guys and I am looking forward to hating Arsenal once again. Something that has been missed the last almost ten years.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Erm TR, if Spurs had signed Ozil he'd have been their best player...

Agreed on the others, even though a player of his caliber imo can't be missed out on.

Dominos

I am fairly certain Moyes must have had some sort of agreement not to use the release clause with Fellaini

It is the only explanation
I think we thought they wouldn't accept anything less than the release clause whilst it was still active, but we'd be able to save a few pence if we negotiated once it expired...

He went back to sign their best players and tried to guilt them into letting them leave, I don't think he felt he owed them much and there's no way our financial team would agree to letting the clause expire if they thought it could cost us money or ruin or summer dealings by making it complicated. They thought Everton were chumps who'd bend over for us and we've ended up getting royally fecked ourselves.

TheReligion

Abusive
For me I must say that Arsenal has exceeded all expectations so it has certainly been near perfect. You have gone from being a team that lacks both in first team and squad depth to really challenge for the top - to a team which has a good enough starting eleven to beat any team in the league.
---Ramsey---Wilshere----

The only player who wouldn't walk in to a United side(vs liverpool) for example is Giroud and possibly Ramsey(depends on if he is in good form or if he has actually improved.)

I think this signing is going to be the start of something big for you guys and I am looking forward to hating Arsenal once again. Something that has been missed the last almost ten years.

Not sure I agree. Van Persie and Rooney would player along with Valencia/Nani over Walcott. Carrick is better than Ramsey too.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
---Ramsey---Wilshere----

What a load of bollocks. Walcott's just Aaron Lennon at a different North London club, Cazorla certainly isn't better than Rooney and probably not Kagawa, Ramsey's not been the same since his injury, and Wilshere blows hot and cold, as well as constantly being out injured.

Why has everyone on here gone mental today? James McCarthy is suddenly the answer to all of our midfield problems, we're moaning about possibly getting Coentrao on loan because "that's what Wigan do", and Arsenal buying a player for a position they didn't need to strengthen has suddenly propelled them from being in a battle for 4th to being a team ready to challenge for the top.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
What a load of bollocks. Walcott's just Aaron Lennon at a different North London club, Cazorla certainly isn't better than Rooney and probably not Kagawa, Ramsey's not been the same since his injury, and Wilshere blows hot and cold, as well as constantly being out injured.

Why has everyone on here gone mental today? James McCarthy is suddenly the answer to all of our midfield problems, we're moaning about possibly getting Coentrao on loan because "that's what Wigan do", and Arsenal buying a player for a position they didn't need to strengthen has suddenly propelled them from being in a battle for 4th to being a team ready to challenge for the top.
Welcome to the caf.

You won't fit in here.

Annahnomoss

Not sure I agree. Van Persie and Rooney would player along with Valencia/Nani over Walcott. Carrick is better than Ramsey too.

Rooney didn't play against Pool and I'd have Walcott/Özil over Valencia and Nani simply because of how long ago it was since Nani/Valencia were at their best. At their best I would have both Nani and Valencia above Özil as well but that is all potential and not current ability.

Also Carrick is better than Ramsey but Ramsey is arguably better than Cleverley so he would walk in our team as well. The Ramsey one is debatable and I understand both opinions.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I was a bit nervous at times that we would end up caving in but fair fecks to us for not doing so.

It's worth remembering that two weeks ago Manchester United had a 'derisory' bid of £28m rejected from Everton for both Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines. That bid was £28m - today they've paid £27.5m just for Fellaini - 1-0 to Everton...

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
I was a bit nervous at times that we would end up caving in but fair fecks to us for not doing so.

It's worth remembering that two weeks ago Manchester United had a 'derisory' bid of £28m rejected from Everton for both Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines. That bid was £28m - today they've paid £27.5m just for Fellaini - 1-0 to Everton...
Not for long.

TheReligion

Abusive
Walcott is a bigger goal threat than Valencia/Nani though TR.

Not sure I agree, Nani is fairly consistent in both assists and goals (granted last season he was injured) and I wouldn't swap Valencia as he offers much more.

Ozil going to Arsenal changes nothing in the short term as their squad still isn't up to it. Like I said, great player, but if they had wrapped up Suarez I would be more concerned.

Rooney, van Persie and Carrick would all play in the Arsenal forwards and midfield. We also have better wingers with Nani and Valencia.

People are getting far too carried away. Our squad is still very strong, even more so with Fellaini's physical presence and Kagawa to come back in.

Rooney, van Persie, Welbeck, Hernandez, Valencia, Nani, Zaha, Carrick, Kagawa, Cleverly, Fellaini...

Status
Not open for further replies.