Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
They are, I'm not saying Fellaini is anything close to Xavi or Pirlo or that he will ever be, but knowing fans, a lot people on here would compare him to them regardless had he played for us. Carrick isn't at the same level as either of them yet he's drawn many comparisions, it'd be the same with Fellaini as I believe that with proper guidance under Ferguson he'd reach the same level easily.
Carrick gets compared to them because he's a similar kind of player, albeit not as good (well, he's better than Pirlo is now).

Fellaini is more of a Fletcher style of player, an energetic enforcer who is actually surprisingly good on the ball.

SecondFig

I don't get the hate this fella gets. He has great potential.
Me neither, it seems to be because he's gangly, a bit dirty, and has a huge afro.

But he's good on the ball, has a great engine, is a real threat in the air and is young. If Hargreaves recovers fully then I don't really think we need him, but if Hargreaves doesn't recover than he'd be a great signing. My main problem with him is how much Everton would want for him.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's actually a bloody good player, both on the ball and off it, both attacking and defending. More people seem to have recognised that this season, but obviously there's a lot who still haven't seen it.
Yep.

He's not got a great range of passing but he picks out the right pass very often, he picks up great positions in the box, he's got an aerial presence, he's a tough tackler and he's very disciplined.

Wasn't sure about him last season when he was playing in the Cahill role, even though he did it effectively, but he's shown a lot more to his game this season I thought.

Nothing special right now but I can see him slowly improving into a very fine player.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Carrick gets compared to them because he's a similar kind of player, albeit not as good (well, he's better than Pirlo is now).

Fellaini is more of a Fletcher style of player, an energetic enforcer who is actually surprisingly good on the ball.
Hence he won't be compared to them but to a player similar to him, although in a different class. Essien, for instance.

Pirlo is far better than Carrick.

Hans Moleman

I would take him in a heartbeat. Quality player and would give us a lot of things we don't have much of already. Plus, it wouldn't cost £50m

humdinger

He'd be more than a decent squad player for us, if you ask me. He'd become very important for us very quickly. Would love to snap him up, but Everton would be hugely reluctant.

Hans Moleman

Yep. But he still wouldn't be in the Modric range. Especially if he agitates for a move. And Everton would be more willing to take 1 or 2 of our cast-offs in exchange.

But I doubt Fergie is interested anyway.

humdinger

Yep. But he still wouldn't be in the Modric range. Especially if he agitates for a move. And Everton would be more willing to take 1 or 2 of our cast-offs in exchange.

But I doubt Fergie is interested anyway.
He is probably a more realistic target than most of the other players mentioned in the last few weeks. I wouldn't actually be too surprised if we did go after him.

::sonny::

Was interesting 2 yrs ago...completely disappeared now. I would like him only on loan and for free.

humdinger

Was interesting 2 yrs ago...completely disappeared now. I would like him only on loan and for free.
Well neither of those are going to happen!

He is a decent player and I actually think he would improve our midfield quite a lot - he would definitely toughen it up while also being able to provide some goals and energy. From a purely practical point of view he would also settle very quickly as he is also used to the pace of the English game, settled in the north-west, a good age, speaks English (I'm presuming), he wouldn't cost the earth, is looking to move to a bigger club...he would be not the fantasy signing some people want but I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up signing somebody similar to him.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I dont think his English is good actually. Which is unusual for a Belgian person

It probably has improved a lot now though.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Non-starter, if we're in for a defensive midfielder I'd imagine it would be Diarra or M'Vila, we'd be held ransom from Everton for this lad.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
His weakness so far for Everton has been not being able to play due to either injuries or suspensions.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Very good player but I don't think he is good enough.

Sure he is tall, great in the air, pretty tough, strong in the tackle, very mobile and a general agitator like Gattuso.

But he just isn't good enough with the ball. Fletcher can do everything Fellaini can do.

We are crying out for midfielders who can pass, make themselves available for a pass, and can create in tight spaces while being pressurized.

He can't do this.

iAm20Legend

Sure he is tall, great in the air, pretty tough, strong in the tackle, very mobile and a general agitator like Gattuso.

But he just isn't good enough with the ball. Fletcher can do everything Fellaini can do.

We are crying out for midfielders who can pass, make themselves available for a pass, and can create in tight spaces while being pressurized.

He can't do this.

I agree. But the problem is, when Fletcher's down with a bug or an injury, we end up lacking in this department as well and end up having a paper thin midfield, both in terms of the 'general agitator' thing and the passing. I don't know, but maybe Jones was bought to help out and be a backup with this.
Still, If this fella is available for 15 or so, it would be a pretty decent buy.

Creative - passing midfielders. .. . Sigh.. :rolleyes: I hope we sign one soon, I don't know how our title defence is going to go without one.. And I hope to hell Chelsea don't get Modric.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

But he just isn't good enough with the ball. Fletcher can do everything Fellaini can do......
And when Fletcher is missing no one in the squad can do what he can do.

Cold_Boy

He is under-rated on this forum and understandably so.

The kind of player he is he doesn't need to be a Xavi or Scholes.

Will be happy if we sign him.

RedRover

I would take him in a heartbeat. Quality player and would give us a lot of things we don't have much of already. Plus, it wouldn't cost £50m
He wouldn't be cheap - Everton paid over £15 million for him, and his injury record isnt the best.

Looks a good player to be fair, and one that may improve in a better side.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The big bastard ran us bloody ragged today, ferdinand and evans got nowhere near him in the air.

We missed Vidic so so so so so much today.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
What we need in the centre of midfield is someone who's got the technique and ability to pass their way out of situations in games like this. Not someone who will run around a lot. Good player, but nowhere near what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.