Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

1: Who's better in that sole role? I'm eager to hear.
2: Right, so now your argument's even more bollocks. Obviously a player that's not played in the league may not suit the style. How do you know Witsel will?
3. Why's he a better player? I asked before and you haven't answered. Right, so you're going on by where and how he plays for Belgium?
I'm not going to name a better defensive midfielder than him because he's not a defensive midfield. I tried to point that out with my comment in regards to his position in his national team, i was yet to see Makelele or Deschamp be used as attacking midfielders for their national team. If you want me to list a bunch of central midfielders that are better than him I gladly will.

He's a better player because i've watched the two and made a judgement on that basis, maybe in 3years we can see who is right. ;)

RedRover

1. Woooooooooooooowwwwww
2. So is Scott Parker, maybe we should get him (No gamble)
3. Witsel has more potential and is just a better player.. No stats to back it up just watch him. If he's such a good defensive midfielder why is he the most advance of a midfield 3 pairing of him, Witsel and Dembelle?
Just interested - do you watch him a lot?

He was ok against us in the CL last year, nothing spectacular, and poor against England in the friendly.

And the PL is much, much tougher than Portugal.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He really is a defensive midfielder. The only reason spastics like you think he isn't is because Cahill was out at the back end of last year and Moyes pushed him more further. We have Naismith and Barkley to be our CAM, Gibson in the middle in the to dictate the play and tempo, and Fellaini to win the ball back, using his defensive skills in a primarily defensive midfielding role.

Why the feck is the national team the dictator of where your best position is? Belgiums midfield is packed so it's no wonder he might play differently.

forevrared

This thread is the opposite of the Charlie Adam thread for me. Every time it gets bumped I get excited that we may be in for him. :(

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
So how much would he cost?

Seems like an ideal signing. PL experience, gettable and a player that will help our midfield

Leg-End

They spent £15 million to get him there, I'd imagine they would want a pretty good profit margin on that to be tempted to sell, unless they are in need of the money or he has contract clauses.

North of £25 million I reckon.

RedRover

Would rather have his mate Witsel :drool:
Can anyone tell me, if Witsel is such an obvious propsect, how was he allowed to leave for Benfica (despite United's alleged interest in him) only to supposedly be a target now at three times the price?

Seems we are missing a trick here. I recall United being linked to Fellaini before he went to Everton (for a decent fee mind).

Puzzles me that scouts can get it so wrong.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
Signing Kagawa, Van Persie AND Fellaini in one transfer window would be unreal.

He is exactly the type of player we need in midfield.

kps88

He's bloody unstoppable when he decides to play like this. The way he manages to chest the ball down from a GK is very annoying.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Bullying Carrick, not seen him one on one with Vidic much. Good player but he's just not likeable, I hate how he always leads with headers with his elbows.

Ekeke

Well he's playing as a target man, which Everton did against us last season too. They've decided we're not very good at dealing with balls in the air, which was very much true last season. Worryingly even with the most dominant defender aerially that I've ever seen, we're still not dealing well with it but I'm sure part of that is Carrick in defence. It also doesnt help having Scholes and Cleverley as our midfield for when the ball is played a bit deeper and our CBs dont have much of a chance to challenge for it. A lot of players would fancy themselves in the air against those two let alone a 6'5 player

Bape

He's doing what Yaya does to us. He's exactly what we need.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Despite how he is playing and where he is playing tonight i still don't see that as his future or strongest position, i just think it's just a case of being against a team that can't deal with that type of player.

kps88

I sort of get the Yaya comparisons. We have no one strong enough in midfield to dare challenge him for the ball. Whoever tries just bounces off him.

Shrek

FergiesRedNose
Time for Uncle Malc to get his hand in his pocket again.... I now believe this is the player we need.

We have no one who does what he does and no one to deal with him

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He has a bit of everything.

I've bumped this thread a few times now. Would love to see him with us

Ekeke

I sort of get the Yaya comparisons. We have no one strong enough in midfield to dare challenge him for the ball. Whoever tries just bounces off him.
Theres a major difference though. Yaya Toure runs the ball past 2 or 3 players and when he gets going its almost to stop him because of his power.

Fellaini is winning the ball in the air, flicking it on or taking it down. And he had 1 single example where he showed good feet to get past Carrick but it wasnt nearly the same thing. Toure doesnt even need to show good feet when he runs with it, people just bounce off him

Bape

Oh ok. We have Vidic for that.
So you don't see what a player like Fellaini can bring to our midfield? It's irrelevant that he's playing just behind the striker in this particular game, he would bring genuine strength and quality to our midfield.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Is it going to become customary for this thread to be bumped every time he plays against us before we realise and forget he's not good enough to start constantly for us?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Can he play proper cm though? We don't need him for the more forward role he's playing tonight.
He's played in a defensive role for most of his career with us and he has performed excellently but gone under the radar as nobody cares about that. People only care about 'wankworthy passes' and 'possesion'.

Ekeke

Vidic can't go around chasing him all over the pitch. He's obviously going to play off our weaker players.
Wasnt talking about this match. He said Fellaini gives physical presence to the team like Yaya Toure does. What I'm saying is so does Vidic give it to us

The difference between Fellaini in his position for Everton when he plays against United and Toure for City is that Fellaini is playing as a typical target man and dropping into the midfield when Everton dont have the ball.

Yaya Toure is always playing in the midfield and never in attack. Fellaini has games where he's asked to be more of a sitting player, but this isnt one of them and he's played this role against us before.

Ash_G

Fellani could def do a solid job in the middle, he'a not just been a target man today, his touch and awareness to pick out people is excellent. Would def be a good option to have, particularly With our defensive issues. Not to mention we're not blessed with many physically dominant players.

Shrek

FergiesRedNose
If we did go for him, I'm not sure Everton would sell. They don't need the money as much now.

I know all players have their price and his would be sky high

Ekeke

So you don't see what a player like Fellaini can bring to our midfield? It's irrelevant that he's playing just behind the striker in this particular game, he would bring genuine strength and quality to our midfield.
So why are you posting about it now during a match where he isnt in midfield and saying he's doing what yaya toure does to us and saying we should sign him?

You're getting excited about tonight's performance, in a role we have Kagawa in. If you'd prefer Fellaini instead of him, well thats your opinion. But even though he's tall and powerful and can and usually does play in midfield, he's not doing that tonight (which you're going giddy over) and he certainly isnt doing what Yaya Toure does against us. When he picks the ball up in midfield and runs past 3 players thats doing a Yaya Toure.

Bape

So why are you posting about it now during a match where he isnt in midfield and saying he's doing what yaya toure does to us and saying we should sign him?

You're getting excited about tonight's performance, in a role we have Kagawa in. If you'd prefer Fellaini instead of him, well thats your opinion. But even though he's tall and powerful and can and usually does play in midfield, he's not doing that tonight (which you're going giddy over) and he certainly isnt doing what Yaya Toure does against us. When he picks the ball up in midfield and runs past 3 players thats doing a Yaya Toure.
Stop making assumptions, I'm not judging anything based on one game. Fellaini's been playing in CM more than enough times for Everton for anyone that watches the Premier League to have a good judgement on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.