Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMist99

Most underwhelming transfer in recent memory. Reeks of desperation.

Never really felt like this over United before. We fecked up big time this summer

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I'm chuffed that we got this sorted. Needed someone like Fellaini far more than we needed someone like Ozil or Herrera. We could have got him for cheaper had we done the deal quicker but to be pissed at Fellaini for that is just absurd.

alastair

ignorant
Without wanting to rub it in, I reckon Everton have actually got the better player in McCarthy, whilst making a £15m profit in the process. Fair play to Kenwright - he played it perfectly.

Drainy

In any other job, if you lose £4 million quid by 'fannying about', you get sacked. Simple.

Everton really must be laughing. They got Fellaini to hand in a transfer request so they didn't have to pay him any loyalty bonuses, and then got United to overpay by a ridiculous amount for the player.

You are right though, he should expect at least a massive dressing down for it

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Pete your right ok? No go back to your hole at least until your club manages to win their first CL in their club's history.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Everton really must be laughing. They got Fellaini to hand in a transfer request so they didn't have to pay him any loyalty bonuses, and then got United to overpay by a ridiculous amount for the player.

You are right though, he should expect at least a massive dressing down for it

It reminds me of the Godfather endings. Unfortunately we're the one being mugged

SAF is a genius right till the end. He left when Gill left.

BahamaRed

Legend
now this.......I'm going to bed.....

Real Madrid, Manchester United and Granada tried to pull off a buzzer-beater deal for Fàbio Coentrao and Guilherme Siqueira, but it was too late.
What a Monday to conclude this summer window. Real Madrid announced the departures of Kaka', Özil, Adán and Cheryshev. And just minutes before the deadline, rumours about Coentrao joining Manchester United and Siqueira signing with Real Madrid were spreading all around through Twitter by the Spanish journalists.
SportYou led the 'Coentrao-is-leaving-race' but the LFP confirmed that the Portuguese player is registered under Real Madrid's roster. Therefore, the clubs couldn't reach an agreement before the deadline and Coentrao will surely have a chance to wear Real Madrid's uniform soon.
Fàbio Coentrao was involved in a lot of transfer-talk all summer long and even Carlo Ancelotti confirmed his intention to leave. But Coentrao will indeed stay with Real Madrid and play an important part as the team's back-up leftback.

http://www.managingmadrid.com/2013/9/3/4687740/coentrao-loan-manchester-united-rumours

Danillaco

Why did we pay 27.5 for Fellaini, if his buyout clause was 23? Could anyone explain that to me?

Shark

@NotShark
Sur le Pont d’Avignon
L'on y danse, l'on y danse
Sur le Pont d’Avignon
L'on y danse tous en rond
The funny thing is, you'll still be fighting with Spurs and Liverpool for 4th Place by the end of the season. Ozil won't solve much.

Annahnomoss

Why did we pay 27.5 for Fellaini, if his buyout clause was 23? Could anyone explain that to me?
We clearly wished for someone else to be available but that wasn't the case so we had to sign whoever was available at the time.

If we actually had Fellaini as #1 we would have signed him ages ago for the buyout clause.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"

I can only assume that we were confident of getting other targets and only looked at Fellaini when all other deals were dead. Which ever way you try and gloss it up though, it seems really inept from our point of view.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
It's like this.

Sometimes you try to avoid paying the train fare and get away with it. Other times you get caught and have to pay a £100 fine, when you could have only paid a tenner to begin with...

walsh

Doesn't really matter how much we paid, I'm just glad it got done and we actually signed a midfielder! Makes the squad a lot stronger and gives us some much needed power in midfield. Less teams waltzing straight through the middle of the pitch one would hope.

20solskjaer

Loving the arsenal fans in here all giddy at signing ozil, failing to notice that wenger has chosen not to sign the goalkeeper, 2 defenders and world class striker you've been crying out for

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.

Because we wanted to spend a month going round every club in Europe saying;

'Can we haz your midfielder please? No? Okay then, who is next on the list... oh hai.. can we haz your midfielder please? No? Okay then, who is next on the list...'

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Loving the arsenal fans in here all giddy at signing ozil, failing to notice that wenger has chosen not to sign the goalkeeper, 2 defenders and world class striker you've been crying out for
Arsenal have been almost as shit as us this window. They've signed a player for a position that didn't really need strengthening, for over £40 million, and haven't strengthened any of the positions that they desperately need to improve in.

Edit: Actually, I think they've done worse. At least we've bought a player for a position we needed to strengthen.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
The only worry for me is CB. We've got plenty of goalscorers all over the top of the pitch now. We got loads spread over five players last season and Giroud is going to be even better. DM is somewhat covered and we've depth in GK.

Looks alright to me....no point panic-buying the wrong players just for the hell of it.

alastair

ignorant
Arsenal have been almost as shit as us this window. They've signed a player for a position that didn't really need strengthening, for over £40 million, and haven't strengthened any of the positions that they desperately need to improve in.

Edit: Actually, I think they've done worse. At least we've bought a player for a position we needed to strengthen.

Give your head a wobble.

TheReligion

Abusive

Yeah they have a class player in Ozil but they are rubbing it in the wrong peoples face. We don't need such a player and they are pretty fecked up top. Seems very last minute by them from chasing Suarez all summer to paying big money and wages for Ozil.

They would have been better just paying the money for Suarez straight off rather than this 40m and a quid bollocks they pulled.

Brophs

The One and Only
Ozil's a great signing, otherwise I don't see that you lot have strengthened in any of the areas you had problems. Still shit at CB, still one injury to Giroud away from playing without a striker.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Well Wenger was clearly led to believe that over 40m would trigger the release clause for Suarez. It didn't so he gave up on him.

Annahnomoss

Give your head a wobble.

Don't take his stupidity as a common consensus from United supporters. Arsenal and Wenger deserves all the credit for a great summer where Arsenal changed as a team from a smaller club to a big club.

If he can continue buying a player like Özil every year or two then you guys will grow into a top club in the world fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.