Manchester United wins: 3
    Fenerbahçe wins: 2
    Draws: 0

Pre-Match Pressers

José Mourinho

Dick Advocaat

Team News

Manchester United

Bastian Schweinsteiger, Antonio Valencia, Chris Smalling and Eric Bailly ruled out.

Fenerbahçe

Fernandão ruled out. Ozan Tufan doubtful.

Know the opposition

Fenerbahçe Spor Kulübü, also known as Fenerbahçe or just Fener (and nicknamed Sarı Kanaryalar - Yellow Canaries), is a Turkish professional football club based in Istanbul, playing in the Süper Lig. Fenerbahçe was founded in 1907 in Kadıköy, istanbul, by local men Ziya Songülen, Ayetullah Bey and Necip Okaner. This group of individuals founded the club secretly in order to keep a low profile and not get into any trouble with the strict Ottoman rule, so strict that the Sultan Abdul Hamid II forbade the Turkish youth to set up a club or engage in the game of football played by the English families. Fenerbahçe's activities were kept in secrecy until a legislation reform in 1908, when, under a new law, all football clubs had to register to exist legally. Fenerbahçe joined the Istanbul Football League in 1909, finishing fifth in their first year.

Today, Fenerbahçe is a major multi-sports club and competes in football, baskteball, volleyball, athletics, swimming, sailing, rowing, boxing and table tennis with many major honors won in each. The football side of Fenerbahçe is one of the most successful and best supported teams in Turkey - having never been relegated to lower divisions; and winning 34 domestic trophies, including 19 Süper Lig titles, six Turkish Cups and 9 Turkish Super Cups. "The big three" clubs of Istanbul (Beşiktaş, Galatasaray and Fenerbahçe) have a century-long history of rivalry. The Fenerbahçe-Galatasaray rivalry is the primary Istanbul derby and the most important rivalry in Turkish football; matches between the two teams are known as Kıtalar Arası Derbi ("Intercontinental Derby"). The rivalry was started on 23 February 1934, when a friendly game between both clubs turned into a riot, and the match had to be abandoned, and is infamous for the volatile atmosphere on gameday. Fenerbahçe play their home games at the Şükrü Saracoğlu Stadium in Kadıköy, Istanbul.

Referee

Milorad Mažić.​

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
    I would start Zlatan in this and if he fluffs his chances like he has been drop him for the subsequent league game. Mkhi at the very least deserves a place on the bench, I hope Martial is also fit again.

Edit: Zlatan is suspended for the next league game right?

Raw

Just feck Zlatan off and start Rashford up front.

Would Mkhitarayan be considered? This is in Turkey, and he is Armenian.

El Zoido

I don't even want this game, all I care about at this point is the league. I'd rather win our league games and lose Europa and EFL cup games than drop points in the league and win in the cups. We'd be better off without the distraction.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
    I would give Zlatan a break. Put Rooney up front. Play Depay maybe as well. I would give Pogba a break also.

Raw

I don't even want this game, all I care about at this point is the league. I'd rather win our league games and lose Europa and EFL cup games than drop points in the league and win in the cups. We'd be better off without the distraction.
    At this rate we've got more of a chance of winning the Europa and getting CL football that way instead of trying for top 4. We're so far away from the others it's unreal.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    I dont think Zlatan would travel for this even if he was scoring for fun. 35 years old and travelling midweek to Turkey is unnecessary.

Quite sure we'll start Rooney or Rashford upfront.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
    Need a win somehow. At this rate, we best hope to get lucky in this competition to have a chance at CL football.
    Put Ibra's ass on the bench and play Martial and that Miki guy.

AXVnee7

Europa League could be our entry route into the CL. Unless people want top 4 specifically, the end result is the same, and we should start taking this very seriously if we aren't already. In fact don't EL winners skip qualification?

Either way I want to see a strong team, but without Ibra please. I hope Martial will be fit, and for the love of god Mkhi on the fecking bench at the very least man.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
    At this rate we've got more of a chance of winning the Europa and getting CL football that way instead of trying for top 4. We're so far away from the others it's unreal.
    I agree. I think we should just concentrate on Europa now. I think the top four is gone. I mean try and win our home games as well. Teams like Liverpool and chelsea have such an advantage with no midweek fixtures. The sharpness is missing from our play.

The players badly need a rest.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
    Please for god's sake rest ALL players that are going to start vs Swansea. Enough of using the same players over and over again in all matches.

Romero
    Mensah - Carrick - Rojo - Young
    Schneiderlin - Herrera
    Miki - Rooney - Depay
    Martial​

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
    Please for god's sake rest ALL players that are going to start vs Swansea. Enough of using the same players over and over again in all matches.

Romero
    Mensah - Carrick - Rojo - Young
    Schneiderlin - Herrera
    Miki - Rooney - Depay
    Martial​
    Don't you think Europa is looking pretty damn important to do that though?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
    Just feck Zlatan off and start Rashford up front.

Would Mkhitarayan be considered? This is in Turkey, and he is Armenian.

Yeah can't see him playing this one. It's be incredibly stupid if mourinho picked this as his game to bring him back.

3KDré

DDG
    Darmian-Smalling-Blind-Shaw
    Carrick
    Timbo-Herrera
    Mkhitaryan-Rashford-Martial​

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
    I dont think Zlatan would travel for this even if he was scoring for fun. 35 years old and travelling midweek to Turkey is unnecessary.

Quite sure we'll start Rooney or Rashford upfront.
    I think it's time to stop wasting Rashford on the line. He has to play #9, with Ibrahimović or Mata behind him depending of the game.

Ballache

Supports
    Martial
    I'm starting to feel that we need to go all in in the EL. it's looking like our best shot for a place in the CL next season. Also a client of the company I work for told me he might get tickets for the final :D

El Zoido

True, but pinning your hopes on a cup is crazy, there's an element of luck to them especially when you're not even the best team in it.

Raw

True, but pinning your hopes on a cup is crazy, there's an element of luck to them especially when you're not even the best team in it.
    True, especially this early. If we're in the quarters and we still look way off top 4 then I'd start concentrating on the Europa.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
    Staff
    Better start taking this seriously if we want CL.
    Number of starts by players in EL:

Bailly (3)
    Mata (3)
    Pogba (3)
    Smalling (3)
    Darmian (2)
    De Gea (2)
    Lingard (2)
    Martial (2)
    Rashford (2)
    Rojo (2)
    Carrick (1)
    Fellaini (1)
    Fosu-Mensah (1)
    Herrera (1)
    Ibrahimovic (1)
    Romero (1)
    Rooney (1)
    Schneiderlin (1)
    Shaw (1)

I'd say that a typical side of:

De Gea
    Darmian Bailly Smalling Rojo
    xxx Pogba
    Lingard Mata Martial
    Rashford
    Is taking it seriously when 7 of them are starters in the league when everyone is fit. No starts for Young and Memphis, and only one for the likes of Fellaini, Fosu-Mensah and Schneiderlin.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    What I HOPE will happen, but we all know won't:

De gea
    Darmian Smalling Blind Shaw
    Schneiderlin
    Herrera Mata
    Mkhitaryan Rashford Martial​

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
    I think the question of resting players won't come so much on this game, but more on afterwards, the traveling and then going to play Swansea.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
    We know how this goes.
    Play a strong team, grind out a result, get tired and drop points in the next game.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
    Let the discussion begin...
    Honestly man, please let other people make Match day threads. Its a superstition thing, but just give it a try. We have had feck all luck since you ve made them. No slight on you but let someone else do it. Just give it a try, if results dont improve you can take over again.

On the match, Play mkhi please fecking score. Give Ibra a rest maybe that will help him regain his form. Play Pogba as he finally seems to be getting on his game and disrupting that would be bad. Just win.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
    Honestly man, please let other people make Match day threads. Its a superstition thing, but just give it a try. We have had feck all luck since you ve made them. No slight on you but let someone else do it. Just give it a try, if results dont improve you can take over again.

On the match, Play mkhi please fecking score. Give Ibra a rest maybe that will help him regain his form. Play Pogba as he finally seems to be getting on his game and disrupting that would be bad. Just win.
    The results of football matches have slightly less than jack shit to do with who makes forum threads.

Time to start Miki & Depay. Out first team is desperately missing an in form wide player and these games should be used to see if we can edge these 2 into any sort of form.

Most important thing about the game for me.

zeekey

Must. Score.

Thought we played well today from what I saw and I think if we keep it going we'll get a win in Turkey. Last season a 0-0 would have been one shot on target, three corners and insanely boring. Today I thought overall unlucky and we need to not get too disheartened.

M Bison

Supports
    York City

After today's disappointment this at least cheered me up :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Roll on the next game, need a win to pretty much get qualification sorted.

Got to rest Ibra surely,.. surely!

Devil may care

I hope we don't waste Carrick on this game, I'd keep the midfield and defense the same and just freshen up the forward line.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 299 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fenerbahce win
  • Draw