Fergie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Great news!
Absolutely over the moon and buzzing to see that. Quite emotional seeing that he's so quickly out of intensive care, the man is a force of fecking nature and nothing was keeping the Boss down!

Fantastic news and all the best for the rest for the rest of your recovery Sir Alex, nowhere near Fergie time yet!

Brilliant from the King too.

:lol::lol::drool::drool:

Addled

Fergie to the team - “Lads its Tottenham”

Cathy to Fergie - Alex it’s brain haemorrage

Keep on keeping on you’re not finished with us yet.

Reactions: esmufc07

Betnod

Supports
Man City
Signed up the other night to pay my respects from the Blue side to Sir Alex when he was committed to hospital but couldn't post straight away until admin approved.

Since then it seems he's over the worst so no point in babbling on, so get well soon Alex and hope it's not long before you're back home with the family.

Reactions: Raoul

OneFootball

Supports
Liverpool
Lest it hasn’t been posted yet, here is Jurgen Klopp’s letter to FWA dinner in London :

Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen,

Before anything else I would like to say on behalf of everyone at Liverpool Football Club how pleased we are to hear that Sir Alex Ferguson is already making a speedy recovery after his recent illness. You don’t have to be from this country or Scotland to appreciate his genius or importance to football – but the extent of the coverage in your publications following the news last weekend proves his status transcends his own profession. It’s fantastic news to hear he is already making big strides to a full recovery and at LFC we are delighted about this.

Reactions: SteveJ

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Lest it hasn’t been posted yet, here is Jurgen Klopp’s letter to FWA dinner in London :

Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen,

Before anything else I would like to say on behalf of everyone at Liverpool Football Club how pleased we are to hear that Sir Alex Ferguson is already making a speedy recovery after his recent illness. You don’t have to be from this country or Scotland to appreciate his genius or importance to football – but the extent of the coverage in your publications following the news last weekend proves his status transcends his own profession. It’s fantastic news to hear he is already making big strides to a full recovery and at LFC we are delighted about this.
Nice touch from Klopp.

Alan Andersonnnnnn

Supports
Ipswich Town
So glad to hear Sir Alex is getting better. Incase anyone missed it here's something else that recently came out about the great man. In the 90s, Sir Alex sent a minibus from Manchester to Leicester for every match (Pick and Drop) to ensure that United's oldest Season ticket holder at the time, Alice, could attend matches at OT.
He also offered to pay for her corrective eye surgery. What a man, what a legend.

Source: https: //twitter.com/ludicrousscenes/status/993624981060931585?s=21.

Lam

From the Carrick article on ESPN.

Truly remarkable how SAF turned us around 2006 onwards. That first game really set the tone in EPL that season. Hope we come out blazing in the FA cup final like that. Always wondered why he was adamant about not signing CMs towards the end. Did SAF think good ones are not required for our style of play? And did it cost us in Europe where the game is different?

It's the summer of 2006, and Manchester United are in a crisis.

This is not the usual football "crisis" -- which increasingly means little more than "they've lost their last two matches" -- but a genuine, wide-ranging, major question about how Manchester United are attempting to achieve success. Chelsea have won the last two Premier League titles. Arsenal have reached the Champions League final and are moving to a new home, while Liverpool have followed European Cup success with FA Cup success and are surely now ready to challenge for the title.

And what of Manchester United? They've gone three seasons without a league title, the longest barren spell in the Premier League under Sir Alex Ferguson, and they finished bottom of a relatively weak Champions League group. Their most consistent performer from the previous five years, Ruud van Nistelrooy, has left for Real Madrid, and the two players supposed to step up in his absence, Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney, have had a bust-up at the World Cup so serious that recently retired Alan Shearer (now a television pundit) is encouraging Rooney to turn up for preseason training and punch Ronaldo.

In central midfield, long-serving captain Roy Keane was effectively kicked out midway through last season following a row with management. Paul Scholes missed the second half of the campaign with a vision problem that could threaten his career. United's two most-used central midfielders in the 2005-06 Premier League were John O'Shea, a defender, and Alan Smith, a forward. In truth, it's a bit of a shambles.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I still selfishly hold on to the hope that he will come an manage us again one day. I know he has earnt his retirement and all that but i miss him as our manager.

He still has another league title and/or champions league in him.

Every time i have been asked the question off numerous fans of different clubs who would i have take over if Jose is sacked/walks ?

My answer has been Sir Alex, if Jose can't get us back to where we need to be Fergie is the only man on the planet who can.

Out of hospital reportedly

FujiVice

FERGIE OUT!

The S*n have a source saying he's now at home less than a month after suffering a brain haemorrhage.

Prodigy24

Got slightly nervous when I saw this thread bumped but thankfully it's fantastic news! What a fighter, can't wait to see him back at Old Trafford! :keano:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
My god I love that man. I know that phrase is thrown around a lot, but I really do genuinely have so much love for that man.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Like most of us, I assume, I've been reluctant to bump this thread seeking news about SAF (in case the bump alarmed other posters); so thanks for posting. :)

Yagami

Good post resistant
Awesome!

We need a home game to kick off the next season just to see the reception for Sir Alex :drool:

Tony Babangida

Fantastic news. Better than winning any trophy. It's funny caring as much about someone you've never met, but he's had a huge positive impact on the life of every Utd fan. Viva Alex Ferguson!

Reactions: SteveJ

midnightmare

Excellent news. Such a relief. Looking forward to the reception he gets at his first OT appearance this season. Hope this doesn’t get Florentino Perez thinking...

PoTMS

Thank feck for that. The man is a warrior. He'll outlive us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.