Fergie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldham

Yes, I started to watch some lovely tribute posted here, but couldn't finish it. Not time for that yet...

Salient

That great man doesn't even know I exist yet he's family to me. I hadn't fully realised this until I saw the news. Devastating. I fecking love him. His mentality, ambition, compassion, dedication and achievements transcend sport beyond comprehension.

Fergie is the most inspirational figure I have ever witnessed and I'm so grateful to him for how he touched my life. I cannot imagine United without his presence. It's time for another glorious comeback, Boss! If there is somebody who can do it, that's you!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44029224

Assumed it would already be posted here but a key bit from Giggs ...

"I know the operation has been a success - but he is a fighter and that is what makes me think that he will be able to make a recovery."

I've not seen anything to suggest it's been a success up til now.
Other than the statement from the club saying the procedure went very well? Thanks for posting that though.

prateik

I've been a bit more relaxed after the Evra tweet. It suggested to me that Fergie was on the mend.

FujiVice

It's a success in the fact they've done what they set out to do when he went under. So it was a "success" on Saturday night. So there's no new news. But his in the right hands. They got him there did the surgery and now we wait. This is Alex Ferguson of course. Stubborn as hell. If anyone is going to come through this it's him.

shabin_d_great

My local newspaper in India, in Malayalam language posted an article citing a doctor from Salford Hospital.. His name is Joshy George. He told that the Surgery was a success, they removed the entire blood clot and that SAF is recovering well...

The doctors name sounds like a typical name from my state , so this might be true..

Robert

My local newspaper in India, in Malayalam language posted an article citing a doctor from Salford Hospital.. His name is Joshy George. He told that the Surgery was a success, they removed the entire blood clot and that SAF is recovering well...

The doctors name sounds like a typical name from my state , so this might be true..
Sounds legit - http://joshigeorge.org/

FujiVice

Hope it's true.

Hughie77

Best wishes to SAF and the family, hope we all see him soon back. It's a waiting game now. Been through this with my family..

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Other than the statement from the club saying the procedure went very well? Thanks for posting that though.
Depends what you mean by success. A successful operation means the surgeon accomplished what they set out to do. Doesn't necessarily mean he will be fully functional again, too early to say anything about that.

SirAF

Ageist

Wouldn’t that be breaking patient confidentiality? I’d assume that the familly would want no communication before there is another official statement.

Ban

Operation was obviously a success in the sense that clot was removed. No point in over analysis over that. How will he recover is completely another story.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I feel really sorry for his wife in all of this. She has stood by him through his whole career, when she probably saw very very little of him. Now they should be spending their twilight years together enjoying life but instead she has to deal with this.

I only hope that the gaffer is not severely disabled from this because I have seen how badly it can also effect the carer if that is the case. My father in law suffered a second stroke recently, he is unable to walk or speak and it pretty much ruined his wife’s life. :(

RedDevil@84

Wouldn’t that be breaking patient confidentiality? I’d assume that the familly would want no communication before there is another official statement.
Ideally, yes.
I don't think Malayalam newspapers have any reach, beyond the state of Kerala (only 1% of India's size) or the minor number of expats from the state who would read it. And some of the newspapers don't really think beyond getting the news out first.

VanGaalyTime

supermao

Solskjær quoted in norwegian media today saying he sent his well wishes to SAF's personal number then rather through social media.
I

TRD

Every hour I open google to see if there is any positive news on him. All I want is to see him in our last home game smiling and cheering for the team, then only I will able to relax.

Nikelesh Reddy

I hope you're right but problem is his age. I was always surprised how active he remained post his 70 attending and travelling to every important match and location. I feel someone like him can never stay away from football pitch even post retirement so I hope these issues don't force him to do so, even though it looks likely due to his age. :(
It would just be incredibly sad if he can't regularly watch United.Dont even want to contemplate that right now,hopefully he"ll just make a full and speedy recovery...

FujiVice

Watching a Fergie documentary from 1995 about his live. Got choked up around 8:45 talking about his mother and his own mortality.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Wish the man the best, we probably won't hear a lot as he would be in an induced coma to allow the brain to recover to the best possible. We will have no idea how much damage has been done till he wakes up.

FujiVice

Word going round on twitter is that Ronaldo said something like "how can I celebrated when the person who taught me football is in hospital" after they questioned why he didnt celebrate yesterday.

clarkydaz

Word going round on twitter is that Ronaldo said something like "how can I celebrated when the person who taught me football is in hospital" after they questioned why he didnt celebrate yesterday.
would be nice if true. May be to do with his injury though

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Such a giant of a man. If only I had half of his personality and aura.

Status
Not open for further replies.