Ferguson-esque

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Blast from the past. At no point over the last three and a half seasons up until this current run would the team have made an effort to counter the hard luck.

We have awoken.

Devil may care

So fitting with Fergie sitting in the stands on his Birthday, it really was oldschool United.

Sylar

Buzzing. How we just went for the game, despite the annoyances. The subs helped as well, all positive.
Credit to Jose for the subs (Tbh we should have been winning before if it wasnt for the ref).

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Said it in the post match thread - you could feel the energy after the equaliser and it felt like we had plenty of time to get another because of that, despite there only being 5 minutes left.
Great fight from everyone, which is something we've sorely missed.

Hopefully that enforces that the 3 points are still there when we're down but not out near the end. It's the kind of thing you look back to when you need it.

Oscie

It's how you make what should have been a routine, boring, forgettable win vs Boro at home feel as good as if you'd just smacked a rival 5-0 away.

gica_7

After Martial scored that goal, it was
LVG would have brought Darmian on instead of Rashford.
Oh my God, yes he would. He definitely would. Even reading that made me feel disgusted:D.

Did you see the smile on SAF's face after that second goal by the way ? Seemed like years since I saw him satisfied like that :devil:

m1y2

one of the most entertaining games I've seen for years.. had it all, great goals, great drive, team controlling the play, nice individual moments, shitload of chances and ref as a cnut, trying to ruin the game but we overcame it and won it in a best possible way:-)

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
It was wave after wave of attack from us. Superb stuff. Much like the old United.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
Today it felt like an old friend came with a visit.

Alek M

Da manic one
When they scored, I was thinking, if up to now they thought we were applying pressure , just wait and see what will happen next. And we turned up the pressure.

Mentality was there to come back and win this. Only works when you are having 20 shots on goal game after game.

Remember LVG and having 1-2 shots on goal per game?

Green_Red

Brilliant again today. I know winning the league is a bit out of reach but in the past performances like that were the type of games potential champions played. Really happy with Mourinhos appointment.

togg

Brilliant again today. I know winning the league is a bit out of reach but in the past performances like that were the type of games potential champions played. Really happy with Mourinhos appointment.
Yeah, I put winning the league to bed before the season started but thought we would hopefully fight for top four. It's looking better and better for that, although of course anything can happen. But at least I feel more confidence going into a game than I have for the last three years....it's nice feeling.

Xcited

Really enjoyable game.

Was lovely for the players to show the mental and physical ability to comeback late in a game.

It is a feature of our game which has been dearly missed since SAF left. That never give up attitude.

SAF attendance and birthday made it a more sentimental occassion too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
When they scored, I was thinking, if up to now they thought we were applying pressure , just wait and see what will happen next. And we turned up the pressure.

Mentality was there to come back and win this. Only works when you are having 20 shots on goal game after game.

Remember LVG and having 1-2 shots on goal per game?
Not only those 2 lines, but the taking a risk substitution was very Fergie like too.

When Rashford was warming up, I was really wondering which of the front 3 would come off, as Mata had already come on.

To take a defender off, and go wildly attacking was terrific, and we got our dues.

VG would most likely have subbed a full back.
Or brought Depay on, and we'd all be cursing as he lamped a cross into row 23

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
:lol: It really annoyed him that Zlatan's goal didn't stand.
Can you blame him? It was a brilliant goal. I wouldn't have put money against him getting another one after that and finishing 2016 as the top goalscorer in Europe as well.

Shark

@NotShark
I love how Jose said that it would have been 3-1 if SAF was in charge. He has so much respect for him, which sends shivers. I mean, it's not like Jose isn't an amazing manager himself.

IRELANDUNITED

Everything about that comeback reminded me of our time under Fergie. Replacing a defender with a striker, constantly putting the opposition under pressure, getting the equaliser and then straight away getting the winner, it was incredible.

This just wouldn't have happened under LvG, and today more than ever I felt we are truly getting back to the Man Utd we used to be.

And people said Jose was a negative manager. Pisch posch!
Couldn't agree with you more. My United hating mate slated me for celebrating so wildly after a narrow victory over Boro but it was the sheer manner of the win that got me, the never say die attitude that we haven't seen since the great man retired. This wasn't just a win, it was a statement. We are back. For the first time since Fergie left I think the majority of United fans now believe in what the manager is doing.

Ra5hid

I was saying to my young lad while watching the game that if we get 1 we will get another and win the game, saying how it was like that in the past with fergie, how from losing positions we would come back and win.

That's the thing since fergie left this is the first time after moyes and van gaal i have felt like this, i feel like now going a goal down we can come back and win fergie style. credit to mourinho!! Under van gaal he would have substituted the fullbacks and that would have been it we would have lost. Maybe mourinho is getting the united way I don't know but it felt like the old days today!!!!

pablotatt

At 84 minutes, I still knew we would win.

That's the difference. We've got winners. And Rojo is now one of them.

RedCurry

Under LVG we would've swapped Valencia for Darmian in response to them scoring.

Edit: dammit @Sandikan beat me to it.

Last edited:

IRELANDUNITED

At 84 minutes, I still knew we would win.

That's the difference. We've got winners. And Rojo is now one of them.
I said to myself when Boro scored that if we got 1 before the 85th minute we'd go on and win it. There seems to be a wonderful buzz about the place lately, with Mourinho you just knew they were gonna score today. United LVG and Moyes that feeling was never apparent.