Ferguson-esque

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Everything about that comeback reminded me of our time under Fergie. Replacing a defender with a striker, constantly putting the opposition under pressure, getting the equaliser and then straight away getting the winner, it was incredible.

This just wouldn't have happened under LvG, and today more than ever I felt we are truly getting back to the Man Utd we used to be.

And people said Jose was a negative manager. Pisch posch!

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Agreed. Looked like it wouldn't happen, but that was my favourite result of the calendar year (Cup final aside).

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Also happens to be the great man's birthday today, I say that was a fantastic present.

Ryan7

Indeed. It seemed like it was going to be 'one of those days', but we kept going and got what we deserved!

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Agreed. Looked like it wouldn't happen, but that was my favourite result of the calendar year (Cup final aside).
Yeah I agree with that. Juanfield was pretty special but today you really saw the fruits of our progress and I just feel we're going in a great direction now.

Revan

Assumptionman
For Fergie's birthday, it was only right to win a match in Fergie's fashion.

Kind of amazing how many people were against Mourinho for him being a negative manager, but we are playing exactly like during Fergie instead of the borefest we had on the last three seasons.

Kag

I don't know about anybody else, but I had that feeling we were going to do it. It's a good feeling to have back.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
There was something about the game that made me feel that we will win this game, even when we wee a goal down. And the main reason was because it was his birthday.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
Big difference under Jose compared to the Moyes/LVG era is that now we have multiple matchwinners again. Pogba, Martial, Zlatan, Mhkitaryan, Mata...

stubie

Kind of amazing how many people were against Mourinho for him being a negative manager, but we are playing exactly like during Fergie instead of the borefest we had on the last three seasons.
This

Revan

Assumptionman
I don't know about anybody else, but I had that feeling we were going to do it. It's a good feeling to have back.
Same here. During the last two years when we were down it was over, while during Moyes season it was over all the time. Here, it was clear that the goal was coming. Post, referee, missed chances etc etc, but the hope was always there.

eggwithsideburns

It was and we believed we could do it which was the difference. We threw everything at them. Great subs too. It felt amazing and the crowd was amazing at the end too. If it was LVG or Moyes we would have been sideways passing and had no fight to win.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What a Birthday treat! Has anything ever been so fitting?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

Yeah, but it's all built on LVG's foundations.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
The feeling of going through the mill and range of emotions, from doubting to wondering why you ever doubted them. From wishing there was more time to wishing the game was over instantly

Yep it was like some Fergie games

Great to have that feeling of inevitability back. No panic, just turn up the pressure and keep believing we will win.

There are plenty of positive signs in the team these days. They've got some spirit in them.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Nice to see something that resembles the old United again.

Hope we can keep on going

Yagami

Good post resistant
Was going to make a similar thread myself. Not since Fergie had I felt this way watching a game. Even after the disallowed goal, even after our 2 penalty claims were denied, even after they scored, I still had hope. And after we scored the first, I expected the second which I never would have these past few years.

We ended the game with Zlatan, Rashford, Martial, Mkhi, Mata, Pogba, Herrera all on the pitch together. It was incredible. For the first time in his tenure, I loved every substitution he made. Very, very good signs today for me.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
LVG would have brought Darmian on instead of Rashford.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Big difference under Jose compared to the Moyes/LVG era is that now we have multiple matchwinners again. Pogba, Martial, Zlatan, Mhkitaryan, Mata...
Yea, but the way we play is by far the biggest difference. LVG would need urgent medical care if his team would attack that often and with that many people.

Ainu

It's a trademark of a team and manager with a real winning mentality. Mourinho's Chelsea 1.0 had this as well. Moyes never had it and LVG probably did at some point in his career but lost it. I was afraid Mourinho had lost it as well but he seems to have rediscovered it.

Walters_19_MuFc

I agree. We used to win games like that alk the timr. Not great for the heart, but it certainly shows fight and it was those type of games that won us titles.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We had match winners before. The difference is, we have a confident manager with a plan which in turn lets them be confident.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
At 1-1 we had only Rojo and Baily as defenders, everyone else just trying to drag the team towards scoring. That is what I want from United, win or lose but we need to have the attitude to say we are here to win.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Winning with late goals like that is incredibly important, not just for the win itself (obviously) but also for the belief that we can do it again when we are in a similar situation in the future. And we will be in a similar situation. It's been a trademark of all the best sides in the Premierleague era. Ourselves under Fergie, Arsenal's best sides, Chelsea under Mourinho's first era...all have had the knack for eventually getting the winning goals late on when it seems like it's just not going to happen.