Fernandinho's Munich air disaster twitter post?

204Red

No-one thinks it was a PR stunt.

No-one thinks it was "City".

Yes, we know about Frank Swift, as do most City fans.
Actually found it kind of shocking how many posts actually suggested that it was either his own PR team, or someone in the City social media realm that were linked to this post and what their motivations were behind the post.

If there is any intention in what Fernandinho (or his "people") has done here, then he is also directly insulting the people who support him and pay his salary... and I for one would like to believe no one would choose to do that. And go back in this Thread and see how many people actually mention Frank Swift's name, and say compare that to how many people use Cavani or even Rooney to justify their outrage.

MattofManchester

This is becoming downright pathetic, in terms of people's need to feel outraged.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Fernandinho most likely does not care if or when the Munich Air Disaster occurred. To him, it's just another day.

God, what has social media done to the world??

Next thing you know, 2022 will come along and someone will find a reason to be outraged over strawberry ice cream.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Better ending.

I love films but only got round to watching it a few years ago.

When I found out what Rosebud was, I said "are you kidding me?!" I liked my bikes when I was younger but they won't dominate my life or be my dying words
Spoiler that, man! You're ruining the experience for all those hundreds of people that were going to watch Citizen Kane now because of my brilliant post.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Spoiler that, man! You're ruining the experience for all those hundreds of people that were going to watch Citizen Kane now because of my brilliant post.
Never worked out how to spoiler (and I didn't say what it was? :) )

More likely I've saved them two hours of their life and they can watch City of God.

Or at least Raiders.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Never worked out how to spoiler (and I didn't say what it was? :) )

More likely I've saved them two hours of their life and they can watch City of God.

Or at least Raiders.
Okay, you said bike, not sled.

I was going to just leave that there and then decided to spoiler it anyway. My joke ruined for the greater good!

Raiders is great though. Lost Crusade also. But City of God plays in Brasil, so it brings us totally back on topic.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This reminds me of when Mourinho was sacked and the same morning Pogba's twitter uploaded a picture of him with a cheeky smile.

They said it was a scheduled marketing-related picture, wasn't it?

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
We're not making a probability calculation here, because he isn't randomly selecting emojis like flipping coins.

It is extremely unlikely that a footballer or football club employee, aware of the anniversary of the Munich air disaster as either would certainly be, would choose to use explosion and plane emojis in a post on that anniversary without understanding the implications of that.

I've gone back through his instagram posts and cannot find a single other instance of either emoji.

Tell me again, do you think it's a coincidence?
95% sure it’s a complete coincidence
5% some lackey has deliberately posted something
0% Fernandinho has done a thing

DuruttiColumn

Obviously intentional, whether it was him or his social media person. Idk why people here are arguing that it wasn't intentional... it's quite clear and obvious it was.
Mate, how can you think like that?

life is not one big round of embitterment. In what universe does a Man City player from Brazil decide to “troll” United fans about 23 deaths in 1958. It’s absolutely pathetic the way some people are carrying on.

embarrassing, I never thought I’d see United fans acting like this.

it’s worse than redanwhitekop

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
You’ve taken an unusual stance here...are you saying it’s insane for a United fan to think that someone associated with city might want to mock our club on the anniversary of the Munich disaster?

If so, why? Do you think that there aren’t d!ck heads out that that would take pleasure in winding United fans up on such an emotional day? I like to try and find the best in people but I’ve met some tool bags over the years to know that not everyone is sweetness and light unfortunately.

Couple the above with the EXTREME coincidence of a very particular set of emojis along with the date they were posted...I couldn’t come up with a good reason for a footballer (or media “helper”) to post an explosion next to a plane next to a laughing face (not to mention the mock airplane photo) on a day when your nearest footballing rival is commemorating the many lost lives in a plane crash...
I guess I'm a bit more optimistic of people who are supposed to be somewhat professional and handling a player's PR/social media. When you're in that kind of position, you're usually not in it to mock tragedies that would be a PR nightmare to deal with for your employer. I think the simplest explanation is that it was something posted by a younger person who's maybe not aware of it, and upon hearing about it took it down. Those sets of emojis are unfortunate, but they're also what some would use for what the picture was conveying.

Red71

I guess I'm a bit more optimistic of people who are supposed to be somewhat professional and handling a player's PR/social media. When you're in that kind of position, you're usually not in it to mock tragedies that would be a PR nightmare to deal with for your employer. I think the simplest explanation is that it was something posted by a younger person who's maybe not aware of it, and upon hearing about it took it down. Those sets of emojis are unfortunate, but they're also what some would use for what the picture was conveying.
Ok, well that’s a slightly different tone and I hear you. I would hope you’re right but as I said, I’ve had the misfortune of meeting a lot of dickheads over the years and I find it hard therefore not to be cynical about this. This is why I was saying I don’t think it’s insane for a United fan to think the worst of whomever posted the images when they did.

I would though just mention the comments of another poster in relation to the reaction of a couple of his/her city supporting mates to the images, which I found rather interesting. Apparently they thought the images were hilarious and whomever posted them were legends or whatever (slightly paraphrasing here). It just made me shake my head because it sadly demonstrated my point about idiots and seems to indicate that this “message” has been “deciphered” by at least a couple of the village idiots (or intended audience if you’re cynical!). They certainly didn’t pass it off as coincidence.

Regardless, I don’t think we’ll ever know and the FA seemingly aren’t interested so this particular thread is circling the bowl at the moment. Probably needs one last flush.

DuruttiColumn

Of course the FA aren’t interested, neither are Manchester United FC and Manchester City.
and there is a very good reason for that.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Ok, well that’s a slightly different tone and I hear you. I would hope you’re right but as I said, I’ve had the misfortune of meeting a lot of dickheads over the years and I find it hard therefore not to be cynical about this. This is why I was saying I don’t think it’s insane for a United fan to think the worst of whomever posted the images when they did.

I would though just mention the comments of another poster in relation to the reaction of a couple of his/her city supporting mates to the images, which I found rather interesting. Apparently they thought the images were hilarious and whomever posted them were legends or whatever (slightly paraphrasing here). It just made me shake my head because it sadly demonstrated my point about idiots and seems to indicate that this “message” has been “deciphered” by at least a couple of the village idiots (or intended audience if you’re cynical!). They certainly didn’t pass it off as coincidence.

Regardless, I don’t think we’ll ever know and the FA seemingly aren’t interested so this particular thread is circling the bowl at the moment. Probably needs one last flush.
Yeah, I mean I'm optimistic but not naïve enough to think no City fans would get a kick out of it, because some 'fans' can be completely abhorrent, and would see it as some kind of dig at this tragedy. It's ironic since I've learned that a City player was on the plane as well, which I did not know before this happened.