Fernando Hierro | New Spain head coach

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Official | Fernando Hierro will assume the position of the national coach during the world Championship of Russia.

Alabaster Codify7

Mental. Completely mental. Hierro's gonna be under little pressure I guess but if he flunks it, he'll be straight under the bus.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
This was rumoured in the past 24 hours or so. I suppose his job here isn't to rip the rulebook up but just to cajole the players and maintain focus and togetherness in the squad.

Baptisms don't come much more fiery though.

padzilla

Hipster
Surprised they did not go for Zidane. Seems really short-sighted to get rid of the manager when he was leaving in few weeks, obviously the egos at the Spanish FA found it more important to carry grudges rather than do what is best for the team going into the World Cup.

Inter Yer Nan

Good luck Hierro!

This is absolutely mental. I can’t lie they’ve dropped from my pre-tournament favorites but as long as they get through the group their potential 2nd round and quarters look fairly tame so you never know.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
This is a no-brainer for Hierro. Who could possibly criticise him for crashing and burning with the team given the huge disarray caused by the firing of previous manager two days ago. On the other hand if does well it will be looked on very favourably given the situation.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Wait, Spain changed their manager 2 days before the WC??

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Probably will find a way to score during a match considering his record as a player.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Surprised they did not go for Zidane. Seems really short-sighted to get rid of the manager when he was leaving in few weeks, obviously the egos at the Spanish FA found it more important to carry grudges rather than do what is best for the team going into the World Cup.
Can't imagine Zidane being interested in taking over during this shitstorm.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Now Hierro can not do much. Ramos, Piqué, Iniesta should take a step forward. Hierro
has barely trained, I think only in Oviedo, but he knows the players well. He should just follow the lines marked by Lopetegui

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
He was the sporting director for the Spanish national team(whatever the hell that means) so he was probably around the squad a bit.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Now Hierro can not do much. Ramos, Piqué, Iniesta should take a step forward. Hierro
has barely trained, I think only in Oviedo, but he knows the players well. He should just follow the lines marked by Lopetegui
Hierro has a very strong personality. I don't think players will try to step ahead of him.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Think he meant in management.

Can remember him managing Oviedo for a bit. This is obviously unique circumstances though.
Oh, my bad then. It's not unusual on the international football for ex-players to pick their first management job, but usually they are appointed to U21 or bellow. But as you said, special circumstances indeed.

stevoc

Zidane's french though, don't think Spain have ever had a foreign manager other than i think a south american who had dual nationality.