Fernando Llorente

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
if Sanchez leaves then it would leave us a bit light in numbers upfront so I wouldnt be unhappy to bring someone like that in - good option for Plan B if chasing a game as well

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I’d highly doubt you’re going to find that comment on here, unless it’s a oppo fan or a wum
It's the way of the Transfer Forum, as you well know.

You can have 10 people saying he's brilliant (Koulibaily) and one person comes in and doesn't like him and suddenly they all come out of the woodwork.

For the record, no thanks :smirk:

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I'd have been all over Fernando Llorente.. 6 years ago. That being said, we are not stumping the kids development this season by taking on a player who's best quality at this stage in his career is a header threat the last 5 minuts of a game.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'd be absolutely shocked if we went in for him.

He's clearly using our name to try and drive up offers.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It's the way of the Transfer Forum, as you well know.

You can have 10 people saying he's brilliant (Koulibaily) and one person comes in and doesn't like him and suddenly they all come out of the woodwork.

For the record, no thanks :smirk:
Hahaha yeah I mean, stranger things are posted on the Caf daily, anyway! Maybe the Llorente from his Athletic days would be a nice squad addition or option (but he wouldn’t be a free agent, would he!?)

For the record as well, no thanks.

prateik

The only way we bid for him if he does an Owen style brochure.

Those were the days.

Who can resist a Clean & Fresh player.

Totally worth it too..

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Don't hate the idea, especially if Sanchez goes. He's a decent player.

dev1l

Problem is that if Llorente signs for us, most probably we end up paying more than if Sanchez stays. (as we will be paying them both)

starman

I guess if we lose Sanchez its not a bad idea, especially as it gives us another central striker option. We already have plenty of wingers/no.10s to replace Sanchez

Bony is also available on a free if we want a lump on the bench...

Bwuk

No. We’d be better giving youth players a chance. Llorente is finished

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
When he left Swansea I thought he was perfect for us. We had a young Rashford at the time, and he was a 30 year old with pedigree, having scored goals at all levels, did well for Bilbao, scores goals for Spain, played for Juve and was getting 15+ PL goals a season at Swansea.

That said, now? Nah.

settembrini

It's obvious nonsense. Just like that Mandzukic story. We simply don't need players like this.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Most underrated player ever.

Not really. Please no

Gandalf

Nope. If a plan B is all we need we can always bring another CB off the bench in the last 10 minutes and stick Slabhead up top, pretty sure he would be a bigger threat than Llorente at this stage in his career.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Decent player but he is so fecking slow its unreal, good head on his shoulders and was good round the stadium, seemed a nice guy from being on Spurs TV. I think if he got a good run and up to match fitness he would be good, problem is he wont get that opportunity for a top 6 club.

thomas porter

if Sanchez leaves we will absolutely need another striker and at this point Llorente is the best option available. There is also a lot young strikers like Martial, Rashford, and Greenwood can learn from him.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Meh, he’ll be on cheaper wages than Sanchez and offers us something different. He’ll never start for us, but we can chuck him on if we need some height in the box. Two year deal sounds excessive but I’ll take a one year.

Bwuk

What youth players? Name me a CF after Greenwood ready for the first team?
It's not just Greenwood. If Martial isn't available, Chong/Gomes/Greenwood can come in and we can push Rashford through the middle.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We should sign him. At least Mata won't be the slowest player in the squad.

SaintMuppet

Can he control a pass?

Yes?

We are improved already. Sign him up 5 year with an option for a 6th. Have to be low wages though do let’s say 250k per week.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The only way we bid for him if he does an Owen style brochure.

Those were the days.

Who can resist a Clean & Fresh player.

Totally worth it too..
To be fair, don't you want a striker who is articulate, sincere and aspirational?