Fernando Ricksen

arthurka

That was a bit strange...
That question and what followed after was quite baffling, people shure didn´t expect that..

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Some gut wrenching scenes tonight at his charity game, my heart goes out to the guy.

I nearly made a thread about this just for that Sherrigham goal, but then when I watched the video of Ricksen coming out to kick off the game, that goal seemed totally irrelevant in contrast the what the night was all about. Ricksen, although visibly unwell and unable to play more than kicking off the game, was absolutely determined to make his run out and you could just see the emotion on his face. He came close to losing it a few times.

Imagine how that feels? Walking out onto the pitch you played on for all those years, your adoring fans all around you singing your name, but knowing it's the last time because your body is failing, and all of those people are there just for you. He must have been absolutely desperate to play more of the game after that kick, but there was just no way.

When he walked back towards the tunnel after getting the game going, he started to break and cry, and that's when I lost my shit. Totally heartbreaking. Fair play to all involved. Best of luck to him.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Amazing scenes there. The emotion on his face tells it all.

RedDevilRoshi

An absolute f****** horrible disease. Such a damn shame for someone so young as well.

Rest in peace Fernando

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
If only we put even a quarter of what goes into military spending and politician salaries directly into curing conditions like this.

R.I.P to a Champion and a winner and a great man.

Angelinho

Dreadful disease which he bore with tremendous courage.

R.I.P. Fernando.

DRM

Horrible news and so devastating for his family. RIP

MC89

Supports
Celtic
So sorry to hear this, terrible illness, in this day and age they should be able to cure theese things, hopefully won’t be long until all the illnesses are cured forever. RIP