Ferran Torres - Barcelona Player

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Barcelona dropped Messi Aguero and Griezmann wages, By summer likely shedding Dembele and by next December Coutinho.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
City didn't pay that much, it was something like £17-18m + 10% from future sale.
In Spain it was said €23M+12 add on.
City get good money for future signings, Barcelona we will see if the operation is profitable.

Amazing deal for Barça, Ferrán, Nico, Gavi,Pedri, Ansu...and I am sure They'll try Olmo too
I think Olmo can sign if Barcelona sell De Jong. Right now there are four wingers and bring another is having too many.

dont they still need to reduce it though for this deal to be viable? Maybe the reports I was reading were a bit out of date.
Barcelona has 2 options: sell or loan some players or accept the CVC agreement.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
n Spain it was said €23M+12 add on.
City get good money for future signings, Barcelona we will see if the operation is profitable.
One of the most reliable reporter for City also reported higher numbers. 25-30 million in fixed fee + 10-15 million in addons.

TheGame

???

Barca have 120 M for tranfers come this summer from just player sales.

How come people still don’t get the fact (been stated so many times all over the internet and among pundits in TV) that’s it’s La Liga’s financial fairplay rules that prohibits Barca from spending. They have the money.
They couldn’t afford players salaries in the summer.

NoPace

Bit of a weird move for City. They'll surely replace him?
He's a good player but I don't love him out wide or alone up top, so I think it makes sense for them to get a big check and spend it on a 9.

He'd be a nice fit in Rangnick's 4-2-2-2 I bet.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
He's a good player but I don't love him out wide or alone up top, so I think it makes sense for them to get a big check and spend it on a 9.

He'd be a nice fit in Rangnick's 4-2-2-2 I bet.
Seems a bit odd to let him go in Jan without bringing anyone in. Have they been linked to anyone?

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Seems a bit odd to let him go in Jan without bringing anyone in. Have they been linked to anyone?
If figures are true probably just happy to take the money and see how things play out. It is a bit similar to how Chelsea got mega money for Oscar and just took it.

As for Barca, I am surprised they're doing this, even with their loan money. I suspect this is the pressure of trying to ensure CL money for next year. They probably look at it as he is someone they can get in from the 1st of Jan (hard to get anyone in Jan) and he will provide enough goals to get them Top 4.

Bit of a risk however, especially when you consider his lack of minutes.

mu4c_20le

He is a good player but probably better suited to la liga than the PL. They did sign him for pennies, and such a move makes sense unless they had big plans for him.

NoPace

I haven't seen the press link them to the 9 they surely will eventually go for, other than to say Pep still wants Kane. My guess is they'll wait til the summer maybe then go for Haaland someone like David from Lille or Adeyemi or some other 40M type.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
In Spain it was said €23M+12 add on.

I think Olmo can sign if Barcelona sell De Jong. Right now there are four wingers and bring another is having too many.

Barcelona has 2 options: sell or loan some players or accept the CVC agreement.
I want us to buy Olmo. Looks great.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He'll do well at Barca, I'm surprised we moved him on to be honest. He's been good when he's got the chance. We've doubled our money and freed up some wages, hope we're in for someone like Vlahovic.

ShinjiNinja26

I know he wants regular game time but he didn’t have to drop down to a Europa League club to get it. He’s a good enough player to get a starting spot in a few CL level sides.

choccy77

Barcelona still can't sign players officially unless they sell, so they can sign when they want, but pointless if they can't sell players.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Thought they were in huge debt. Doesn't seem that way.

sourdough satellite

???

Barca have 120 M for tranfers come this summer from just player sales.

How come people still don’t get the fact (been stated so many times all over the internet and among pundits in TV) that’s it’s La Liga’s financial fairplay rules that prohibits Barca from spending. They have the money.
Which players are they selling to get that money in the summer?

clonsolar

Why not Kane to City in January. No europe for Spurs, eligible for champs leage for City. Conte will get rebuilding cash. Conte needs funds to splash on squad. Tbh Kane's heart is not in it at Spurs despite him trying.

DaGOAT

This is what is difficult to understand for me too. Why are they allowed to drop a huge fee immediately after serious financial trouble.
Because you aren’t up to date with the situation at Barca. The new agreement made as pertains to the overall debt, the potential of Espai Barca and the projected player sales.

They couldn’t afford players salaries in the summer.
And yet they’ll have around 120 M this summer to play with. Could be 70 M now as it’s still unclear whether the signing of Ferran Torres in from this sum (=120 M).

You simply haven’t been playing attention to the work done by Laporta and his board as it pertains to the financial situation. A lot has happened, and a lot will continue to happen during his presidency.

jadajos

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Football
Doubled their money?

How do City do it?
Barca couldn’t buy him in 20/21 so City buy him and now sell him after a couple of months to make a huge profit, helping them to balance their FFP numbers and buy their high profile no9 (Haaland? Kane?). Wouldn’t be surprised to hear that there Barca coincidently struck an Abu Dhabi sponsorship recently somehow somewhere.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Because you aren’t up to date with the situation at Barca. The new agreement made as pertains to the overall debt, the potential of Espai Barca and the projected player sales.

And yet they’ll have around 120 M this summer to play with. Could be 70 M now as it’s still unclear whether the signing of Ferran Torres in from this sum (=120 M).

You simply haven’t been playing attention to the work done by Laporta and his board as it pertains to the financial situation. A lot has happened, and a lot will continue to happen during his presidency.
Hence why I’m asking a question about it.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

We’ll we’re obviously a bit slow so you could enlighten us on how the Goldman Sachs loan makes any difference to the FFP rules. Because I thought (stupidly I’m sure) that Barca’s issues were income AND FFP.

Zen86

How on Earth did they manage to get so much for him? Nothing about that club ever comes across as above board.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Surprised people are surprised at the fee. He's a 21 year old attacker with 12 goals in 22 appearances for Spain moving from Man City to Barcelona. Generally that profile of player should cost a fair bit.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

Why would we be, we have our own things to concentrate on rather then the financial mess at some poorly run europa league club.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Is 9 goals in 28 appearance for City as good as its being talked about?

3 of them were in one match if I remember right aswelk.

I'm not saying it is or isn't- just not sure.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Deal seems suspicious.
Will probably be investigated a few years down the line. Happening with Arthur/Pjanic swap. We all know how city love to inflate the numbers, be it sponsorships or transfer fees.

Pep's Suit

Surprised people are surprised at the fee. He's a 21 year old attacker with 12 goals in 22 appearances for Spain moving from Man City to Barcelona. Generally that profile of player should cost a fair bit.
Pretty much. People need to look at how much Sevilla's asking for Kounde. €50-55m + add-ons for Torres is more than fair, if anything he should be worth €70-80m but the thing is City can only really sell him to Barca, Real and maybe Atleti so when one of those teams makes a decent offer... Why not?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
But he is catalan, and from Terrasa, like Xavi. It seems the kind of story that Laporta would love to sell. What 4 wingers? Do you think they are really trying to renew Dembele?
They’ll solidify that 6th place spot in no time.
This season is lost but is a player for many years and the price is very good.They are creating a good base for the future

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
He’s also a player that hasn’t played for months, could only get in Citys team last season for half the games (some as sub) and yet one of the most financially struggling clubs (FFP) who are still struggling to meet the salary cap? (may be better come Summer) can in January… double/almost treble City’s money in two years in the midst of a pandemic that’s affecting almost all clubs/income/fees.

I get the age, looking to the future bit…

Id be really surprised if that helps City balance THEIR books and buy no one in Jan then go for Haaland in the summer. Really surprised.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
But he is catalan, and from Terrasa, like Xavi. It seems the kind of story that Laporta would love to sell. What 4 wingers? Do you think they are really trying to renew Dembele?

This season is lost but is a player for many years and the price is very good.They are creating a good base for the future
In recent days news is coming out that Dembele would be close to renewing for 2 years.

The 4 wingers would be Fati, Abde, F. Torres and Dembele.
In the midfield would be De Jong, Busquets, Nico, Pedri and Gavi. There would also be Puig and some young player, I like Txus Alba but it's hard right now.

The positions where Olmo plays are covered, and there is not much money.
If Barcelona sell De Jong and sign Olmo they would earn maybe 40M in the exchange.

DaGOAT

Why would we be, we have our own things to concentrate on rather then the financial mess at some poorly run europa league club.
Because Barca no matter their current state are one of the biggest clubs in the world and if you just follow the general football news you’d actually be informed?

Consider yourself informed now. Barca have the money now and in the summer to make substantial additions. Glad I could help you be a little more informed. I do know the Premier League glasses can be a hindrance in that regard.

Offsideagain

Wherever City are involved in a transfer, I take the figures with a 20kg bag of salt. I bet if the details were released, these figures would be bollocks and third or even fourth parties would be involved. Stuff like Torres wages being paid by City for a year or a iffy sponsorship deal to part fund the transfer. The fee City paid for Torres would have been written down anyway to half or less in the accounts so they could technically get three or four times what they paid. In the meantime, Martial will be given away to get his wages off the books.

Tarrou

assuming he wanted to go back to Spain, i think this is a good deal for everyone

people think the fee is too big because of what City paid for him, but they got him on the cheap.. the value seems about right for a player of his profile