Gaming Fifa 12

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Thought I'd start the thread this year.

First details released back in Jan:

EA Canada has told Official PlayStation Magazine (via CVG) that it has an "enormous shopping list" of improvements planned for the game, including better team AI.

"I think we did a great job with the Personality Plus feature [in FIFA 11], but the team's [AI] doesn't support that quite as much as it should," said producer David Rutter.

"As an example, a team doesn't spot that if Peter Crouch is in the area they can lay a load of high balls onto his head."

It is hoped that in-game loading screens will be reduced, and that set pieces will become more fluid and natural.

"Set-pieces are still a bit lame. I get frustrated by not being able to do quick throw-ins, not being able to quickly select my free-kick takers: on the fly stuff. We're somewhat last-gen in the way the game cuts [before those things]."

Rutter has also teased that loyalties will come into play, with both the team and crowd reacting to their former players.

"Those moments where you take one [player] to his old club and the boo boys come out, or his old team are more aggressive in the tackle towards him," he said.

"So you think: 'Wow! FIFA understands not just the game of football, but the sport and passion behind it'."
First screenshot released a few weeks ago:

As usual you can never tell anything from a FIFA screenshot, so will update this with news, etc.. when it's out.

Ekeke

Would be nice if they fixed the season mode for this one. And probably best never to mention player personality ever again.

Cina

Tyler?? I like Tyler a lot more than Tyldedsly, that sucks.

Widnes

I'm assuming they will continue to use the sky tv commentary, can't wait to listen to Gary Neville talking about how good i'm playing.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Andy Townsend is the worst commentator in the history of football, what is with english stations hiring former Ireland internationals? (Who are really English)

alastair

ignorant
It basically needs a crowd overhaul, perhaps some cut scenes for goals.

More variety of goal-nets(it matters to nerds like me), more atmosphere, flags, a noticeable difference between derbies and Wigan at home, and a manager mode with more quirks.

Simples.

Ekeke

What's wrong with the FIFA 11 career mode again?

I was just about to start a new game.
Unless they finally patched it recently, the player growth makes no sense. Players playing well have their stats decreased, emails tell you players are doing well and improving but nothing actually happens and so on. It ended up just being random so there was no progress made

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Unless they finally patched it recently, the player growth makes no sense. Players playing well have their stats decreased, emails tell you players are doing well and improving but nothing actually happens and so on. It ended up just being random so there was no progress made
Someone here told me Anderson goes up to 82 or 84.

You're sure the player growth is fecked right?

Because I'm not wasting my time if it is!

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Need to sort out player growth from the start & fix career mode so I'm not playing a game every 2 days.

Commentary is usually good on FIFA games but why do they need to get rid of Tyler, he's much better than Tyldesley.

Ekeke

Someone here told me Anderson goes up to 82 or 84.

You're sure the player growth is fecked right?

Because I'm not wasting my time if it is!
Oh I've had plenty of players go up. But I've had just as many go down for no reason. Say Anderson has put in a string of 6.0 ratings and Fabio Da Silva has put in 9.0s, Anderson might go up and Fabio might go down. Or more than likely and even more annoying, I'd get an email saying Anderson is playing really well and has improved and nothing happens. While I get an email saying Fabio is in poor form and sure enough he does down

It just makes the entire point of manager mode pointless as far as I'm concerned. But yeah havent played it recently perhaps they finally fixed it... Was a concern right from release so frankly it would be appauling if its still not done and I'd be extremely hesitant of actually buying the next game if they cant fix such a major issue after all this time

Biscuit1871

It basically needs a crowd overhaul, perhaps some cut scenes for goals.

More variety of goal-nets(it matters to nerds like me), more atmosphere, flags, a noticeable difference between derbies and Wigan at home, and a manager mode with more quirks.

Simples.
:lol::lol: need more boots as well!

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I think they need to overhaul the defending, i.e the marking, the movement and the pressure button, you press the 2nd defender pressure button and instead he limps after the attacker like Igor limping after Dracula. 'Yeshhh maaashter.' Doesn't even attempt to do anything.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
i didnt get as much enjoyment from fifa 11 as i did in previous years, hoping for a big improvement in this years one

Biscuit1871

The AI is so bad on 11, and considering it's pivotal role in the game, is the area which clearly needs work.

Zarlak

I want to see custom tactics online, on PES I could setup teams with man marking, individual player runs, full backs bombing forward and a custom formation and take them online. Now I play Fifa online and can't do any actual tactics, it's very annoying.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They need to get rid of those tiny annoying nuances like when you want to control the ball near the touchline and his touch just knocks it out of play, or when a player (both defending and attacking) will just watch a lobbed throughball while jogging sideways like a crab Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime, instead of sprinting to get on the end of it.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
The AI is a problem in single player.
but in Ultimate team "play a friends team" thing when the computer controls their team.
it is amazing.
they revamped it and i expect them to adopt this into 12

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
One of the worst AI is when you have to cross the ball, be it corner or in play. The MC ones are useless. They make horrible runs, always to late and leave all the space open outside the box to make it so easy to keep possession when defending and having to clear the ball.

They also need to sort out the fullbacks stat. They like nothing better than to keep players onside, don't help when they should. The ring button never applies to them and it's so hard to change a player to try and play them. By the time you do play them either the moment of pressuring time is over or the winger has made his run successfully.

beardsleybob

I think they need to overhaul the defending, i.e the marking, the movement and the pressure button, you press the 2nd defender pressure button and instead he limps after the attacker like Igor limping after Dracula. 'Yeshhh maaashter.' Doesn't even attempt to do anything.
What part of that I hate is when the opponent is sprinting with the ball, so you try to preempt his path by sending a defender onto them head on. But instead it waits until the attacker is next to them and then starts to chase their heels

Zarlak

What part of that I hate is when the opponent is sprinting with the ball, so you try to preempt his path by sending a defender onto them head on. But instead it waits until the attacker is next to them and then starts to chase their heels
Yeah, and you end up with the 2nd defender who is supposed to be pressuring, following the attacker right next to the first defender you are controlling, they both just run one in front of the other but behind the attacker like a fecking conga. Wankers.

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
I hope they sort out the new problem in FIFA11 when the striker makes a run on the wings when he clearly is supposed to go towards goal.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I've been terribly disappointed with last years football games. FIFA is a nice fluid game with incredibly few possibilites and while PES offered more possibilities, many more, it suffered from not being fluid enough and far too 'clunky'.

Even worse, none of them seem to be able to create an AI difficulty that can keep challenging players for months. It's a must because EA in particular change so little about their game every year. So the AI is literally the same beast that's bloody easy to tame within a week's time every edition.

Top Spin 4 trumps these two so easily it's amazing. Now that is proper sports simulation. And more importantly you have to play well to beat the AI on the harder modes. It's actually a challenge.

Take note, EA and KONAMI.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
FIFA 12: First details

The first FIFA 12 details are starting to sneak out, via the French version of Official PlayStation Magazine.

According to rough translations of the magazine, this year's footy sim is set to include an 'Impact Engine' which realistically tracks player contact and injuries, plus "more human" player AI.

The first FIFA 12 screenshot was released by EA Sports earlier this month.

Here are your bullet points:

• FIFA 12 introduces the 'Impact Engine' which properly tracks and formulates contact between players, including their hips, knees etc.
  • The AI will also keep track of areas of the body players have been injured during a match. Players can also become injured off the ball if abused too much, especially late in the game.
  • FIFA 12 also introduces 'AI Vision Game' (rough translation), which promises to make passing more realistic. If you try to complete a pass to a player that's not within visible range, for example, it's less likely you'll complete the pass. EA hopes this will get rid of "blind passing".
  • Personality Plus is more developed and should influence AI players' passes this time.
  • AI is said to be "more human", with each player acting more or less according to his abilities. One example given is when an AI player sees Fabregas coming towards him with the ball, he'll act more carefully.
  • OPM describes "new presentation" of matches in FIFA 12, which are said to be very much inspired by English football crowds.
  • The game includes three new arenas, this time with integrated benches along the sidelines and "impressive lighting effects" according to OPM France.
  • Integration of a new short dribble with the left stick.
  • The game features a new camera that's noticeably closer to the ground.
  • There's also a new menu interface that appears to be simpler and more ergonomic than before.
From CVG.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
I hope they improve the pitches, or use the ones that they used for WC2010. Only a small detail, but it made that game a fair bit better for me.

Hope they properly test the game before release this time.