Gaming FIFA 19

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It'll be the same old bullshit. Slight changes, barely any real improvements, one selling point (which will probably just be the CL by the looks of it).
I'm only interested in career and the odd game with mates so probably the last on the list of their target market, but the amount they've neglected it for years is a joke.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Shit game. Played clubs and FUT for absolutely years (have owned every FIFA since conception in '94) but the past 2 years, we have given up on the game by November due to balancing, poor mechanics etc. Nowhere near what an esport should be.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
As usual the World Cup mode inexplicably plays a lot better than the actual full game, even in spite of it now literally just being a part of the full game.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
The only reason i keep buying this pile of steamy s*** is that me and my buddies have a lot of fun playing clubs. I couldnt care less for fut nowadays, i wasnt very good at it (elite 3 was my best achievement) but the fact that you lose so many games with glitchy goals, and that the online play is much easier with 4-1-2-1-2 formation (i hate that formation but i ended up playing with it because is ridicously op) etc etc, ended up making it a not fun experience. After all is a game

Clubs is kinda abandoned by EA which is good because you feel it is not made for you to make in game purchases. You just go and play with your buds and have a good laugh.

AgentP

Bought all the Fifa games from '11 to '15. Didn't get one for 3 years but planning to get the new one.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
I play online but only in the leagues. It’s still a good game and tbh i play when running on a treadmill (passes the time quicker).

The issue is the obvious handicap system for the the lesser players and it’s getting worse in each release. Having to win the ball 4 or 5 times before it actually goes to your player and the ball constantly landing at the oppositions feet with any kind of deflection or corner clearance is very frustrating.

But i’ll still buy the next one but won’t get involved with the in game purchases...

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
This just made me think then actually, does anyone want loads of coins for FIFA 18? I've got loads of legends in my squad but not played for months. Could help someone else out if they want it

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just realised there's no World Cup game. Probably would've been the last Fifa I buy for a while.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
How EA managed to turn a football game into a trading card game and then get adults to play it just dumfounds me. The series has been shocking for so long but it gets worse with every year.

It's not on me to determine where people extract their fun from, but the style over substance in the FIFA games has mirrored society at large. Correct strips, faces, branding and all that superficial cr4p gets put above actual gameplay now.

Probably as weird/stupid as me posting in a thread about it though.

Loublaze

ATLien
How EA managed to turn a football game into a trading card game and then get adults to play it just dumfounds me. The series has been shocking for so long but it gets worse with every year.

It's not on me to determine where people extract their fun from, but the style over substance in the FIFA games has mirrored society at large. Correct strips, faces, branding and all that superficial cr4p gets put above actual gameplay now.

Probably as weird/stupid as me posting in a thread about it though.
What's the last edition you played/purchased?

AgentP

Just upgraded from PS3 to PS4 Pro so can't wait for the new one to launch. Tempted to get FIFA 18 but would be a complete waste in a few months.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
FIFA 18 is the first one I haven't bought since 2008. Not out of spite either.

all my mates are just married with children now, so no more drunken nights of beer and FIFA. Sad!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just upgraded from PS3 to PS4 Pro so can't wait for the new one to launch. Tempted to get FIFA 18 but would be a complete waste in a few months.
You can have mine for £10, I think I've played it 3 times :lol:

Robertd0803

Bought Fifa 18 a few days ago for the World Cup mode.

Wont bother with 19 until this time next year when the price drops massively.

Ole90+3

This just made me think then actually, does anyone want loads of coins for FIFA 18? I've got loads of legends in my squad but not played for months. Could help someone else out if they want it
I would happily oblige mate but I don't think there's anyway to transfer coins without the likely possibility of getting banned. Still haven't packed Pogba on world cup mode :(

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I would happily oblige mate but I don't think there's anyway to transfer coins without the likely possibility of getting banned. Still haven't packed Pogba on world cup mode :(
I bought a shit ton of coins off a website and i had to buy certain cards at a low price and then he bought them for the top end buy it now price. All my mates do it and still do. I on the other hand got fecking caught ffs so they wiped out the remaining coins i had at the time on my account (only 35k) and said next time theyll close my account haha. fecking wankers, none of my mates got done obviously. So it is doable, you could probably sell them on to that seller if you could be arsed @P-Nut0712

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Is the world cup mode any different to the normal game at all? Probably a stupid question.

pascell

Is the world cup mode any different to the normal game at all? Probably a stupid question.
Instead of the league the player plays in, it's continent. Meaning you can have Brazilian Ronaldo, Pele, Maradonna, Ronaldinho and Messi all in the same team and have a decent chemistry.

Wouldn't bother trying to start now, everyones team is littered with icons.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Will "The journey" be in FIFA 19 again? I'm playing through 18's edition now and while it's cringey as feck (especially the Rio and Ronaldo stuff) I kind off enjoy it.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Will "The journey" be in FIFA 19 again? I'm playing through 18's edition now and while it's cringey as feck (especially the Rio and Ronaldo stuff) I kind off enjoy it.
Yeah, they said it's the conclusion of the Alex Hunter story.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I have the most fun playing online coop with some mates on the couch, screaming at the TV that our opponent is a cheating, cheesing cnut. We lose almost all matches too, since two of my mates are shite and keep going out of position, which when playing with four people, really kills you on the transition.

Fun thing to do while getting pissed though.

Carolina Red

Staff
I really, really wish they’d do like the did with the Premier League and work their way around (at least) the rest of the other big leagues and render all of their real stadiums into the game.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Yeah, they said it's the conclusion of the Alex Hunter story.
Wonder if Alex becomes a whiny little prima donna and the entire goal of the journey becomes getting him a fat contract in China or the middle east for his retirement party. Can't wait to play matches against some of those teams.

Wayne's World

Speaking of FIFA here, I'm sick to death of FUT and playing the World Cup mode, Is there anyone playing Pro Clubs now or is there any places you can find teams to join?

I use to have one with friends but they only play once every so often

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This edition will likely be skipped by lots of people who are anticipating FIFA 20.