Gaming FIFA 19

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I'd say the amount of people invested in career mode nowadays is tiny. I think EA now that there is FM for that market and leave them off because there is no money in it.

Ultimate team is the be all and end all now. $700 million just from UT packs alone last year.

Carolina Red

Staff
Well, ideally you should have some friends/aquaintances who also play. You form a team, make your own player (in 18 there was a new ‘quick’ feature where you could make three versions of your player - three positions, i.e St, SAM, CM)

You control your player, and your friends control theirs. You can choose to have one of you control ‘the rest’, or let the AI do that. You have to be two players minimum (which is too few and boring ofc).

You rank your player up by points and experience. Points for special boosts, xp for playing games (scoring, passing, tackling, crossing etc). Your team follows a league system 10. - premier division, like in single season mode.

Edit: The points give you special advantages, like ‘flair’, ‘second wind’ etc. You always start with a given amount to get going (rank up from 73tot to around 77tot)

Have played it since it was introduced. Used to be manic about winning single mode seasons in the past, but on 17&18 I’ve only played single to get acquainted with the gameplay.

Puh! Sorry for the long reply (less is more I know:p). Generally it’s great fun while you chat shit with your mates.
Sounds cool! I’ll have to try and convince some of my friends to get into FIFA first though :lol:
Totally agreed. Give us the FIFA equivalent of a GM mode and I'd be happy and busy all year with the game. They've spent too long ignoring CM to focus on its cash cow FUT and I have a feeling people will jump ship if PES improves and EA allows other game modes to remain stagnant.
Yes! A GM mode.

They used to have that for the MVP Baseball game franchise... back in 2005!

Eddy_JukeZ

Haven't pre-ordered the game yet.

Hopefully can get it early courtesy of MLS.

Not sure what to expect gameplay wise, but I'm looking forward to a new FIFA.

Handré1990

Sounds cool! I’ll have to try and convince some of my friends to get into FIFA first though :lol:
It is! And you should! Saved FIFA for me (except Blatter of course)

Seriously though, with the great Internet nowadays you’re welcome to try with my team (mostly Norwegians but we all speak English), and I’m sure many others on here would love an extra player since it starts getting really fun when you can muster 5+ players.

Bojan11

I'll moan about Fifa till I'm blue in the face but it never stops me spending £50 on the new one :lol: I only play clubs these days which makes the game much more tolerable.
Even clubs is a bit of farce unless it’s 11vs11. The pro players are too powerful whilst the defaults are just too slow and weak. Anybody can score from long shots. It’s just too random and very little skill in attacking.

This is a result as the easy passing as it results any shit player being able to pass it easily to get in a good position to shoot. They tone down passing next game and make it harder then it can be decent.

I believe @Eddy_JukeZ has been saying the same stuff about the passing and he’s a pro player. I remember watching his streams, I think it was Fifa 14 and he had a very unique style that not many players could do. Whilst most the players including pro players were running down the wing and crossing it. He rarely did and played a tiki taka style, which wasn’t easy to do that game especially when you could just run down the wing and have someone like Ibra in the box to head it. I never saw him cross it once yet he still had a crazy record on that game.

Now onto Fifa 18, even a 9 year old in a matter of days could learn how to pass the ball so easily. There’s very little error in the passing.

Eddy_JukeZ

Even clubs is a bit of farce unless it’s 11vs11. The pro players are too powerful whilst the defaults are just too slow and weak. Anybody can score from long shots. It’s just too random and very little skill in attacking.

This is a result as the easy passing as it results any shit player being able to pass it easily to get in a good position to shoot. They tone down passing next game and make it harder then it can be decent.

I believe @Eddy_JukeZ has been saying the same stuff about the passing and he’s a pro player. I remember watching his streams, I think it was Fifa 14 and he had a very unique style that not many players could do. Whilst most the players including pro players were running down the wing and crossing it. He rarely did and played a tiki taka style, which wasn’t easy to do that game especially when you could just run down the wing and have someone like Ibra in the box to head it. I never saw him cross it once yet he still had a crazy record on that game.

Now onto Fifa 18, even a 9 year old in a matter of days could learn how to pass the ball so easily. There’s very little error in the passing.
Yeah 18's biggest is the passing system.

It's way too accessible. Anyone can keep the ball with ease.

Hopefully different for FIFA 19.

SSSSnake

I'd say the amount of people invested in career mode nowadays is tiny. I think EA now that there is FM for that market and leave them off because there is no money in it.

Ultimate team is the be all and end all now. $700 million just from UT packs alone last year.
$700 million is ridiculous! I got a little addicted to UT a few years back but now I just keep away from it. 40 games in a weekend is just silly and a waste of time.

Un4givableB

I'm dumping FIFA this year, bought 17 and 18, didn't enjoy them.Hated UT packs, career mode, etc. Since l out for the gaming scene for years, l first thought, it's not FIFA, it's me.

But I've decided to PES 18 a go.

arthurka

I dont enjoy fifa anymore it all just feels to much like a money machine than something the developing team loves to make. All a bit rehashed not refreshing at all. Last year felt like a squad upgrade not a new game.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
They need to make Pro Clubs better. It’s woefully underdeveloped and was the logical choice for e-sports rather than FUT. I guess FUT is much more easily monetized, but I just wish they’d develop Clubs more. There’s so much that could be done :(

binary bot
I've always thought that had potential, especially in a pro clubs like scenario where you reduce the impact of the AI players.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I just play seasons, and the £40 it'll cost me is worth it so I don't have to play with Mignolet/Karius anymore.

Bojan11

Is that real? There were rumours last year which ended up being photoshops.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
They'll pull 5 a side out when it's dying. I feel like most people are sick of it now, but online might say otherwise and that's probably all they care about.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Cannavaro as well.
I'm just hoping we get Beckham, Scholes and Giggs primarily. Wouldn't care too much about anyone else tbh!
Yeah the more united legends the better personally.

I'd love to see some of the more obscure legends like Old, Cole and Yorke

the hea

Kloose, Moore, Lineker and Nakata will probably be in it. They were all in the World Cup mode and I don't think EA would pay for their licenses just to put them in a free add on.

ravi2

Anyone know if the scripting will be as heavy as it was in 18?
Ive been playing FIFA since FIFA'95 and Ive never experienced anything like last years fifa.

The amount of goals that can be scored right after kickoff, or in the last 5 minutes of the half...or by the opposition right after you scored a goal was ridiculous and sucked all the realism (and fun) out of the game.

AgentP

Can't wait for this one. It will be my first Fifa since Fifa 15. The CL licence and street football have now made it a must buy for me.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Anyone know if the scripting will be as heavy as it was in 18?
Ive been playing FIFA since FIFA'95 and Ive never experienced anything like last years fifa.

The amount of goals that can be scored right after kickoff, or in the last 5 minutes of the half...or by the opposition right after you scored a goal was ridiculous and sucked all the realism (and fun) out of the game.
Well, according to EA, the game isn't scripted at all and they ban anyone on their forums who claim so. I don't think there's any other way to find out than to actually play the game.