Gaming FIFA 19

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
In what universe was Gerrard only slightly quicker than Lampard?

I really do wonder how much (or little) scrutiny players' stats are put under during development.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

I really do wonder how much (or little) scrutiny players' stats are put under during development.
I think Pace includes Acceleration and Pace combined so maybe that? I dunno.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers

Probably the same one where his shooting was almost as good as Rivaldo's...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Probably the same one where his shooting was almost as good as Rivaldo's...
Again this will include shot power, long shots, finishing and prob some others I guess so if Gerrard has 97 long shots but 80 finishing and Rivaldo has 94 finishing but 89 long shots it might look closer than it is.

Davs

I probably have a total of about 20 hours on Fifa 18.

Definitely intend to play 19 a lot more.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I swear there's no thread for FIFA 18? Am I just blind?

FIFA 18 related: Does the caf have an active pro clubs team on PS4? Would quite like to get involved! Played 36 or so games as a CDM, really enjoying it but I've only been playing drop in games.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Seen some hilarious videos of some FIFA streamers having a breakdown after seeing how the beta is exactly the same game as last year. Apparently, the lack of difference is even more glaring than usual.

Particularly disappointing for us Pro Clubs players.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
"Ankle breakers" are a thing apparently. No, not smashing someone unfortunately but the basketball version...

Have fun reading someone's movements only for the game to do that animation and leave you for dead instead.

Andersons Dietician

"Ankle breakers" are a thing apparently. No, not smashing someone unfortunately but the basketball version...

Have fun reading someone's movements only for the game to do that animation and leave you for dead instead.
That’s going to be super annoying unless it’s a lot smoother. Seemed to be a massive delay.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That looks AWFUL :lol:

Just another way for the CPU to take your marker out of the game, sod that.

izec

People will still buy it and invest fifa coins in it. I may buy the game, not sure right now, but thats about it. Too many people will pay to win though, and the gameplay will be annoying again it seems. People will do feints, fake shots and all these little tricks to no end now with these ankle breaks, as if they werent overused enough.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
If done right they could be great, sprint towards a player only for him to change to a direction you wasn't already for and fall on your arse would be great.

But it's EA, they won't have put that much thought into it and it'll be completely random

No Love

I really want it to be good; however, it’ll probably follow the same pattern as every year for me. I’ll play it fairly regularly until around Christmas and then discard it.

I’d love them to revamp Pro clubs, that is long overdue. Not sure if I’m in the minority but I’d also like them to remove chemistry styles from Ultimate Team. Everyone ends up with turbo, supercharged players and the gameplay is barely recognisable when compared to regular online play.

Any plans to alter the whole Weekend League thing for FUT? That whole thing was farcical in my opinion, especially when you consider that the weekend is prime time for when actual, real life football takes place.

P-Nut

I really want it to be good; however, it’ll probably follow the same pattern as every year for me. I’ll play it fairly regularly until around Christmas and then discard it.

I’d love them to revamp Pro clubs, that is long overdue. Not sure if I’m in the minority but I’d also like them to remove chemistry styles from Ultimate Team. Everyone ends up with turbo, supercharged players and the gameplay is barely recognisable when compared to regular online play.

Any plans to alter the whole Weekend League thing for FUT? That whole thing was farcical in my opinion, especially when you consider that the weekend is prime time for when actual, real life football takes place.
I'd prefer it to be spread over the week. The same amount of games spread over midweek would be so much better.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

And life in general!

I don't know what the feck I was doing playing that mode for a year and a half. 40 games over 3 days is absurd.

Last edited:

No Love

And life in general!

I don't know what the feck I was doing playing that mode for a year and a half for. 40 games over 3 days is absurd.
That’s quite the effort, my man! I barely touched it, although I do recall playing the qualifying bit throughout the week just for something to do and get the feeling of playing a match that was somewhat meaningful.

I seem to recall a lot of the bigger YouTube names opting not to partake in it, which I suppose is quite damning.

It’s sad to say but I think the last time I really enjoyed a FIFA title for a prolonged period was ‘13. Those were the days..

hobbers

Honestly how anyone still invests so much time and money into the scripting nightmare that is ultimate team at this point.... even hearthstone packs look like better value to me now.

deafepl

I am waiting for my invitation beta code, it have been almost week :(

SSSSnake

I cut my ties with this game. Use to enjoy FUT but 40 games crammed into a weekend was a drain. I now have a kid on the way due in November so gaming time will be very limited. Will just stick to pubg for now.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I cut my ties with this game. Use to enjoy FUT but 40 games crammed into a weekend was a drain. I now have a kid on the way due in November so gaming time will be very limited. Will just stick to pubg for now.
Same here, it took over my social life and I found myself cancelling plans just to play 40 games of fifa ffs :lol:

They really should have spread those 40 games over a week, that way even the casuals can manage it without stressing. I'll never do FUT again unless it changes.

JoaquinJoaquin

Congrats mate first of all.

So you have to play 40 games a weekend to stay on top of FUT?

I haven't played Fifa since 15 so not sure how that works.

padr81

Supports
Man City

Yes 40 games from Friday Morning to Sunday night, at about 3 games per hour that's 13+ hours of Fifa, stupidly demanding. Doing that every weekend is turning lots of good pro players away from the game.

JoaquinJoaquin

Yes 40 games from Friday Morning to Sunday night, at about 3 games per hour that's 13+ hours of Fifa, stupidly demanding. Doing that every weekend is turning lots of good pro players away from the game.
Jeez. That's alot to ask of anyone who expects to have a life outside of the game. I used to find that the more games I played in a row online the more complacent I'd get.

Nanook

You don’t have to play any and you can still get a lot of coins playing other games on FUT. The three most popular game modes on FUT are Weekend League, Squad Battles and Seasons.

In Weekend League you try and win as many games as possible over three days and you’ve got a maximum of 40 games. You don’t need to play all 40 and the prizes at 18 or 21 wins are okay and if you’re a decent player you could reach those at about 30 games.

Squad Battles is a bit like an offline version of Weekend League but played over the entire week and Seasons is just the standard online matches where you go up or down divisions and get coin prizes at the end of each season.

You could build up a pretty decent team by just playing SB and Seasons but if you want the really good players you have to play WL. Playing all 40 games would take 10-12 hours which is a lot over three days. My brother and I share an account and most weeks we don’t play all 40.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Haven't touched Ultimate Team since the first game it was introduced. It became full of pace whores desperate to win at all costs whereas I just wanted to play a normal football match, which I can only really get playing with a friend these days.

Hoof the ball

Just Pro Clubs for me. I don't even really care about winning the leagues or anything. I just like a competitive game every now and then. A couple of hours here and there and then that's it, but, I do feel sorry for the pro gamers who are being forced (if you will) to invest stupid hours to maintain ranking, etc.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Just Pro Clubs for me. I don't even really care about winning the leagues or anything. I just like a competitive game every now and then. A couple of hours here and there and then that's it, but, I do feel sorry for the pro gamers who are being forced (if you will) to invest stupid hours to maintain ranking, etc.
I don't feel sorry for pro gamers who managed to monetise their hobby then suddenly found that they had to do "working hours" for their hobby to keep making money off it. Easy enough to make it a hobby again, they'd just have to find another way to make money.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791

Player models and their animations/movements seem much improved. Game feels smoother and bare in mind that video is trying to showcase the skill moves.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW

Player models and their animations/movements seem much improved. Game feels smoother and bare in mind that video is trying to showcase the skill moves.
What the hell, been hearing nothing but negativity about this game and was really expecting it to be no different to the last game, but yeah the gameplay looks great here. Too bad they'll probably ruin it with a big patch after about a month like they always do:lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Those eye movements in the close ups before the game :lol:

Gameplays looks mushy and floaty.
Touches at 5.41 are nice. Don't know if that's already possible or not.
Overall looks turd though imo.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Those eye movements in the close ups before the game :lol:

Gameplays looks mushy and floaty.
Touches at 5.41 are nice. Don't know if that's already possible or not.
Overall looks turd though imo.
I am just hoping for a game that plays better than Fifa 18. Based on that video, i don't think you can call it turd.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief

That looks really good. My only fear is when the kids complain and they patch the feck outta of it, and it ends up more like FIFA 17-18.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
That vid stressed me out, even if it's to showcase skill moves. So many passes on that weren't taken :lol:

P-Nut

It's the patches that kill the game for me. I always love the demos and early releases even if I struggle getting to grips with it, it plays like actual football.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I’ve watched a few videos and it looks the exact same, not touching career and pro clubs is a joke. The new game modes are a novelty that will wear thin after a few attempts. Instead of adding pointless mini games why not release a fifa street addition into the game.

Of course that will take a time and effort and EA clearly don’t have that.