Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

RedDevilRoshi

Your all playing a broken game if you wonder why your sh1t feel no offense the game was better around launch. FIFA 19 was an absolute disaster they are "patching" 20 into a casket.

It’s been a broken game for a very long time. Shane as it was quite an enjoyable game at launch that had a lot of potential. But then EA did what EA does best and patched the hell out of it that it’s unrealistically unplayable now. I’ve not played it for over a month now.

Gameplay isn’t something EA really care about. The gambling mode that is FUT is EA’s main concern. As long as the FUT money keeps rolling in, then that’s all that matters to the developers. That’s what has destroyed the FIFA series.

Overall, it’s just a s*** game like its predecessors.

AaronRedDevil

Decided to buy packs one last time for this fifa since I haven't bought any in a long while. Threw in 50 quid and packed TOTY Wijnaldum, Benzema and an icon 89 Baggio. First time ever since playing UT from '08 that I've packed a TOTY and a proper big Icon. Happy with that. Now I can retire in peace.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Decided to buy packs one last time for this fifa since I haven't bought any in a long while. Threw in 50 quid and packed TOTY Wijnaldum, Benzema and an icon 89 Baggio. First time ever since playing UT from '08 that I've packed a TOTY and a proper big Icon. Happy with that. Now I can retire in peace.
They're not actually TOTY, they're nominees. All 55 nominees are in packs.

pascell

Your all playing a broken game if you wonder why your sh1t feel no offense the game was better around launch. FIFA 19 was an absolute disaster they are "patching" 20 into a casket.
They always patched fifa 19 the same way, hence why I haven't bought fifa 20, the first fifa I haven't bought in 7 years and I'm glad.

AkaAkuma

Complete novice here, I've not played Fifa in over ten years. Is there a noticeable difference between the PS4 version and the switch? I'd like to get one of the consoles with my use being fifa, swaying towards the switch as it has more content for the kids.

AaronRedDevil

Complete novice here, I've not played Fifa in over ten years. Is there a noticeable difference between the PS4 version and the switch? I'd like to get one of the consoles with my use being fifa, swaying towards the switch as it has more content for the kids.
I think the ps4 version has all of the content. It has a Story mode called Volta and the Switch doesn't have that. I'd go for the ps4 version

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I haven't used my Icon Swaps yet. Does anyone know if I'll be able to use them for the 2nd set of Icon Swap SBCs or do I have to use them on set 1?

Riz

I haven't used my Icon Swaps yet. Does anyone know if I'll be able to use them for the 2nd set of Icon Swap SBCs or do I have to use them on set 1?
Yeh you have to use them on this round so make sure you do it before the chance expires. Then they’ll be icon swaps 2 and 3 later on with their own challenges and players.

Carl

Yeh you have to use them on this round so make sure you do it before the chance expires. Then they’ll be icon swaps 2 and 3 later on with their own challenges and players.
Damn. Was hoping I could pool them.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
You have to use them on this one, they might do something like a baby icon trade in season 4 I’m guessing for unused cards

Carl

Used them on Okocha. That Schmeichel card is a bit rubbish and the Pep one is way too shit when attacking, so the Jay Jay one is probably the best of a mediocre bunch.

sokol11

Just did Rashford Futmas SBC purely for United value :) Did it for around 130k + a few deadwood that wasn't getting on the team anymore (Vardy POTM, Ozil Scream etc.). Looking forward to unlashing him in 4-4-2 alongside Scream Aguero and ingame swaping him to LW if needed. :)

binary bot
First Icon swaps ends tomorrow for anyone that has tokens left over or hasn't redeemed them yet - I think the minimum for a player is 6

Adcuth

2 questions as I've just got the game. Both regarding career mode.

1. In the targets, when it says bring through 4 youth players and play them in 20 games. Is that each or combined?

2. What's the best way to develop youths. Loans or keeping them with me to train and play occasionally?

Cheers guys

Grib

2 questions as I've just got the game. Both regarding career mode.

1. In the targets, when it says bring through 4 youth players and play them in 20 games. Is that each or combined?

2. What's the best way to develop youths. Loans or keeping them with me to train and play occasionally?

Cheers guys
With dynamic potential now if you can't give them games their overall potential might drop

I believe it shouldn't on loan as dynamic potential and moral only effect players at your club

Could be wrong

binary bot
The swing in your players performances once you go 3-0/2-0 up/down is incredible.

Carl

What happens with the TOTY Nominee cards? Do they see an increase if they're voted in?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Only just started playing this, why does the gameplay feel so, well...fecked up?

sokol11

Been having that all night, hell of a coincidence.
Me too. For this WL I decided I want to really go for it and get highest number of wins possible. I decided I will play in 5 game series to keep performance and concentration on optimum. Played first 5 got 5 wins with little problem. 6th game good opponent I was careful winning at HT 3:1 and then it came. Call it handicap/scripting/lag whatever you like. I couldn't do anything second half. Players were dead. Lost 3:4 with 15 shots to 6. Next game was even worse non responsive players from start to finish. With 2 stolen goals i was down 2:3 in 85 min I score to 3:3 but it didn't let me. On 89 min scripting again in full flow 3 events go for opponent in spce of few seconds, throgh ball my Walker with 2m head start was outpaced and outmuscled by Aubameyang although I wanted to only clear the ball. So again 3:4 loss again I had twice the shots of opponent with worse performing players. So im really loosing my mind here. They should just implement pro leagues. Let 95% of casual players play like they do today but introduce a pro league it can be payable but there should be good servers without this scriping crap. As everyone I talk to notices it and it is really killing all the fun for a lot of good players that must loose to noobs so that they wont quit playing the game.

AaronRedDevil

Anyone know how to check how many matches you've played in your current WL. I've won about 5 but I feel like I've played about 14 matches. Just want to be sure.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Anyone know how to check how many matches you've played in your current WL. I've won about 5 but I feel like I've played about 14 matches. Just want to be sure.
Press Y/Triangle in the WL main screen and it’ll tell you how many games are remaining.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I packed Ronaldo from a 125k pack this morning, absolutely buzzing easily the best player I’ve packed and likely ever will pack.

I think I’m going to keep him too. He’s one of the best strikers in the game and worth way more than he’s selling for.

AaronRedDevil

I packed Ronaldo from a 125k pack this morning, absolutely buzzing easily the best player I’ve packed and likely ever will pack.

I think I’m going to keep him too. He’s one of the best strikers in the game and worth way more than he’s selling for.
Lucky I just finally bought him last week. Stick a shadow or hawk on him and hes an unstoppable monster. Need 2 wins out of 5 games in WL. Hope Ronaldo can save me.

dannyrhinos89

Lucky I just finally bought him last week. Stick a shadow or hawk on him and hes an unstoppable monster. Need 2 wins out of 5 games in WL. Hope Ronaldo can save me.

Yeah im very lucky. The only annoying things is I dont have a team for him but hes been doing bits for me subbing him on. I dont really want to be building a new team so he may just be a straight sub at the start of matches for me.

AaronRedDevil

Hate that they patched this game back to shit again. Needed 2 wins from 7 in WL to make 11 wins and obviously I just couldn't lose fairly. Its beyond frustrating. This is my last fifa. I'm done with it. Not worth the hassle anymore.

RonaldoVII

Davinson Sanchez is up for futmas SBC, and with the cards I already got it will probs cost me about 55k to do. Worth it?
Who do you have in defence currently? It's probably worth it.

-

I had the usual highs and lows of the weekend league. Had my best ever start and made it to 14 wins after 19 games so half a chance of gold 1. FIFA aids then set in and had 2 horrendously laggy games that didn't make it past half time and then facing teams full of icons. Needed 3 wins from 5 for gold 2 and then 1 from 3. Needed the last game to clinch it and even that was a scrappy 1-0 Drogba header from a corner in the 80th minute. Can't wait for my 82 rated gold picks :drool:

Now it's time to buy Messi.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
Who do you have in defence currently? It's probably worth it.

-

I had the usual highs and lows of the weekend league. Had my best ever start and made it to 14 wins after 19 games so half a chance of gold 1. FIFA aids then set in and had 2 horrendously laggy games that didn't make it past half time and then facing teams full of icons. Needed 3 wins from 5 for gold 2 and then 1 from 3. Needed the last game to clinch it and even that was a scrappy 1-0 Drogba header from a corner in the 80th minute. Can't wait for my 82 rated gold picks :drool:

Now it's time to buy Messi.
The team I've got is:

Aguero
Martial--------------IF 87 Mahrez

Eriksen
Fabinho----Wijnaldum

Robertson---Sanchez[83]---Sokratis---Walker

DDG
It's defo an improvement to my defence, but would I be better off saving and investing in to another position to better that formation?

red4ever 79

Major bug in this since the update. Often when i play a match the premier league graphic splits in half and stays on there during the game. You need to restart the Playstation. Infuriating.

Last edited:

dannyrhinos89

Think I’m done with this game for awhile it’s too frustrating with all the glaring issues and I don’t enjoy it anymore even if I do win.

just going to list every single player I have on open bid and be done with it for now.