Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The most frustrating Fifa in years in terms of the computer deciding to do stuff other than what you press. Weak chest height shots when you tap to shoot for a neat low finish, not switching players despite pressing it etc.

Riz

Where does my weekend league player pick appear? I got 14 wins but all I can see in the store is my packs that I unlocked.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Where does my weekend league player pick appear? I got 14 wins but all I can see in the store is my packs that I unlocked.
They fecked up and did standard gold player picks this morning instead of TOTW picks. Once they realised I believe they took away the picks completely and are in the process of sorting it out so they should appear at some point but knowing EA it'll be a while yet.

sokol11

They fecked up and did standard gold player picks this morning instead of TOTW picks. Once they realised I believe they took away the picks completely and are in the process of sorting it out so they should appear at some point but knowing EA it'll be a while yet.
I took the picks and got gold picks. The upside is that I got gold Neymar. :) Hope that they don't take back the players that were already picked and played. :)

red4ever 79

Glitch is still there when the Premier League graphic stays on the screen in career mode, which makes the game unplayable. Feck EA

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Ugh I hate ea, I build my team not spending a dime of real money on packs and when I do sbc with what little I have, I'm never rewarded, fed up of this horse shit, one player worth 80k or something but feck all time after time.

Acole9

Outstanding
Blimey I bought non IF Grealish for 350 coins on fut a few weeks back, just sold him for 5,900 on buy it now :lol:.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
This game is a load of shite. Absolutely no joy in playing it. No satisfaction in creating attacks or defending.

Sold my ultimate team and blew 700k on those 100k packs didn't get anyone feck all worth mentioning. Will be sticking to PES from next year. Had enough of EA and FIFA.

EvilChuck

Need opinions. Which combo is better, Neuer and Hernandez or Ter Stegen and Lenglet? Chemistry isnt going to be an issue and they'll be partnered with Laporte

EvilChuck

Flashback Diego Costa is a great card. Pur Engine on him to help some pace and balance etc, but for 80k or so just give him the ball near the area and shoot

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
This place is dead! Been playing away at weekend league and doing objectives. Cant say I love playing this year but i keep playing so it cant be all bad :lol:

padr81

Supports
Man City
This place is dead! Been playing away at weekend league and doing objectives. Cant say I love playing this year but i keep playing so it cant be all bad :lol:
Tbh I barely log into the game, I've got two days to do 5 of the 6 icons swaps and the objectives. I hear the new patch is good but I haven't even played on it. I wouldn't mind but its a far better game than 19, but I just have far less interest in actually playing it. No idea why...

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
New patch has saved my season a bit. 9-4 so far and some dodgy losses, but so much more enjoyable to play than previous WL.

Shark

@NotShark
Packed De Bruyne 91. He’s brought my team up a level and I’m actually winning games on this now.

Last edited:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Out of all my years of playing FIFA this has been the year that I have played the least amount of games. FIFA 19 and 20 have been absolute dog shit.

With the PS5 coming we should finally see a goof FIFA game again....I hope..

EvilChuck

Moved away from even trying to have a meta team, and found i am winning more than i was before.

Current team, and not likely to change it at all because of how smooth the whole team feels... 433(4)

Gk De Gea
RB Carvahal
CB Ramos
CB Lenglet
LB Alba

CM HL Saul
CM Scream Carvalho
CAM SIF Ayoze Perez

RW TOTY nominee Bernardo Silva
LW IF Willian
ST Flashback Diego Costa

I rarely see anyone use any of the same front 6 as I use, and it feels like people dont know how to defend against non meta players as the tactic isnt always 'ping it over to Mbappe/Neymar/Messi to run on to'.

EvilChuck

Chose tradeable packs for rivals because I had enough coins for the one position I had planned to improve so the 65k would have ended up wasted and packed UCL Messi!!

Sold him for 930k, and FS Malen for 150k, and was able to change my entire defence rather than the one position.

Now the line up in defence is

POTM Courtois

FS Emerson
TOTGS Ramos
UCL Live Eder Militao
FS Renan Lodi

Macern

Pee pee pants
@Macern Are you still representing that professional club? How has your Ultimate Team been going?
Yeah I am. Not as active here though, I’m mostly discussing fifa in a discord server with @Emmet and a few other people from here, and lots of other people (message me if anyone want to join).

Been ups and downs for me this year. Got to the round of 16 in the Norwegian championship which was my first tournament. Lost 2-0 to last years winner. It was frustrating at the time but definitely a good experience.
I spent around £700 on packs and best I got was Aubameyang:lol:. That sums up my pack luck really. Here’s my team:

How is it going for you? Haven’t been much on the caf lately. I do miss this thread though, tempting to make a comeback.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Yeah I am. Not as active here though, I’m mostly discussing fifa in a discord server with @Emmet and a few other people from here, and lots of other people (message me if anyone want to join).

Been ups and downs for me this year. Got to the round of 16 in the Norwegian championship which was my first tournament. Lost 2-0 to last years winner. It was frustrating at the time but definitely a good experience.
I spent around £700 on packs and best I got was Aubameyang:lol:. That sums up my pack luck really. Here’s my team:

How is it going for you? Haven’t been much on the caf lately. I do miss this thread though, tempting to make a comeback.
Nice not bad. Mate i gave up in like November. Had severe button delay issues that the game was just unplayable. Fortunately for Fifa next years edition is going to be on PS5 so ill probably buy it incase the connection to the server is better or something :mad:. Glad you’re doing well though.Nice work.

RedDevilRoshi

Out of all my years of playing FIFA this has been the year that I have played the least amount of games. FIFA 19 and 20 have been absolute dog shit.

With the PS5 coming we should finally see a goof FIFA game again....I hope..
Same here. Hardly played the last few FIFA’s. Over the last couple of years now, it has been complete horse manure. It’s insane how scripted the game has become.

I also do hope it’s a lot better when the next gen consoles arrive later this year but not getting my hopes up too high.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Nice not bad. Mate i gave up in like November. Had severe button delay issues that the game was just unplayable. Fortunately for Fifa next years edition is going to be on PS5 so ill probably buy it incase the connection to the server is better or something :mad:. Glad you’re doing well though.Nice work.
Cheers:) I feel for you man, I’m also struggling a lot with delay and stuff, it’s at the worst it’s ever been. Truly an awful game. Weekend league is unplayable for me on saturdays and sundays. Fingers crossed it’ll get better for PS5 but we all know EA so doubt it

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Got this for Christmas and only just started playing it. It's pretty shite tbh.

Gameplay seems worse than last year. Last year it was at least possible to score a variety of goals. This year no matter what team I use nearly all my chances come on the counter by playing it to the right winger who just runs through on goal every single time.

I feel less in control of what's actually going on than with last year's. When you don't have the ball it's basically down to what the computer decides is going to happen.

Single player is STILL full of obvious bugs.

PES has it's faults but it mops the floor with this. When you switch from one to the other it's like going back in time 10 years. There's not a single thing I can find with this game that's not either no better than or worse than last year.

Bojan11

[media]
Kurt does push the boundaries. But this is just a step too far from EA.

If EA made a competent product then not many people would moan.

Bojan11

Won’t make a difference if it’s PS5 or PS8. If EA use the same servers and game engine then the game will be shit.

The PS5 version will apparently be crossplay, so you can play vs PS4 people so don’t expect a big upgrade.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I'm playing my first weekend league of fifa 20.

Quickly remembered why I dont bother. I am currently 7-3 and hating every second of it.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I'm playing my first weekend league of fifa 20.

Quickly remembered why I dont bother. I am currently 7-3 and hating every second of it.
I was planning on playing for the first time since November but I can't even login. Some issue to do with Virgin Media apparently.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I was planning on playing for the first time since November but I can't even login. Some issue to do with Virgin Media apparently.

Yeah I was getting kicked too on virgin media, it started at about 6 but I think it’s fixed now. Still not bothered about completing my games though I got to silver 1 and I’m stopping it’s far too frustrating and not even slightly enjoyable.

evil_geko

I haven't played a footy game in years, I tried the new PES but it is too sluggish and unresponsive. I know people shit on this game because it is recycled stuff from last year etc etc, but would you recommend picking this up if I haven't played FIFA since 2016?

padr81

Supports
Man City
I haven't played a footy game in years, I tried the new PES but it is too sluggish and unresponsive. I know people shit on this game because it is recycled stuff from last year etc etc, but would you recommend picking this up if I haven't played FIFA since 2016?
Its less responsive than PES and it just flat out refuses to kick the ball anywhere other than where it decides despite where you aim the stick. In September it was a good game, now its easily the worst in the series, they have literally murdered it.

Sad Chris

Can anybody tell me if any of the footy games for PS4 allow me to start on a specific matchday with the real standings? Specifically being able to virtually continue the league now. Or is there a game where you are able to predefine teams and standings? Cheers

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Bought this for Xbox as I reckoned I'd have some time to play it with all that's been going. First FIFA I've had for a good while, and the last time I played it properly I remember FUT being a great game mode.

So when I got this game, I went straight to FUT and started with my team full of bronze players, and first team I came up against had Figo and Barnes (wtf) on the wings with C. Ronaldo up top. Naturally, my slow bronze players couldn't deal with that and I lost, but I presumed it was bad luck to draw a team with that many good players. But then the next game had Zidane in midfield and some other crazy good players, and then the following team had Maradona. Lost all of them, and it's not as if the opponents were very good, they just had players so much faster that they could run around mine in a big circle and there was little I could do. Played a few more games and won one, but it wasn't fun at all. Seems as though they've ruined that game mode to me, or maybe it's just that I've joined too late and everyone already has their team set up.

Anyway, I turned it off and requested a refund on it - I've very little desire to play it anymore. It's a pity as I was quite looking forward to playing again after a few years.

Shark

@NotShark
Bought this for Xbox as I reckoned I'd have some time to play it with all that's been going. First FIFA I've had for a good while, and the last time I played it properly I remember FUT being a great game mode.

So when I got this game, I went straight to FUT and started with my team full of bronze players, and first team I came up against had Figo and Barnes (wtf) on the wings with C. Ronaldo up top. Naturally, my slow bronze players couldn't deal with that and I lost, but I presumed it was bad luck to draw a team with that many good players. But then the next game had Zidane in midfield and some other crazy good players, and then the following team had Maradona. Lost all of them, and it's not as if the opponents were very good, they just had players so much faster that they could run around mine in a big circle and there was little I could do. Played a few more games and won one, but it wasn't fun at all. Seems as though they've ruined that game mode to me, or maybe it's just that I've joined too late and everyone already has their team set up.

Anyway, I turned it off and requested a refund on it - I've very little desire to play it anymore. It's a pity as I was quite looking forward to playing again after a few years.
Why don’t you try a offline career mode or seasons mode? Jumping into FUT with a bronze team is suicide.