Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

Eddy_JukeZ

Some of the stuff I've heard doesn't make me feel good.

I could see it being barely an improvement on 19 which isn't saying much.

EA really botched the volta mode too. Couldn't let people play 5vs5 with friends. Horrific.

Bojan11

Some of the stuff I've heard doesn't make me feel good.

I could see it being barely an improvement on 19 which isn't saying much.

EA really botched the volta mode too. Couldn't let people play 5vs5 with friends. Horrific.
It’s a bit like kick off features last year. They add a few nice features that you’d love to play online like last man standing, headers and volleys and no rules then suddenly they only for kick off. Which was a waste. All of those would have made the game probably slightly enjoyable.

I guess Volta will probably run on p2p like regular seasons. If they do it 5vs5 it would mean they need to invest in more servers and EA investing in servers is not a thing.

But I hope the feckers listen to the community. The mode is made out for playing with your friends against other people. Literally everyone is saying the same thing to them, so I hope they just add it to the game even if it’s not ready for launch.

Marcelinho87

They really need to improve Pro Clubs for me as it is my most played mode as I play "competitive"

So much could be done with Pro Clubs, could be another money spinner for them but it is neglected every year.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I’m hoping since it’s a nice round number and milestone in the series they might have some big changes but I’m not hopeful. Gameplay needs a serious revamp, as does the AI and the career mode.
There is never gonna be a huge revamp since the PS4 is on its last years then when we'll move to then PS5, it'll be "new engine, new bla bla, it'll take a few years to get it right bla bla" and so on, so forth.
EA have a good formula and plenty of cash cows around the world to not bother with a serious game

We all will :lol:
I didn't buy FIFA19 so not all of us will buy this one either ;)

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I didn't buy FIFA 19... Don't feel like I missed out on much, so unless this gets rave reviews of change I don't think I'll be buying this either

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Why do insanely rich companies do anything they can to save/make more money? They could drop millions extra on making one amazing then go back to not changing it much, and they surely wouldn't notice the dent?

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Why do insanely rich companies do anything they can to save/make more money? They could drop millions extra on making one amazing then go back to not changing it much, and they surely wouldn't notice the dent?
You d figure FIFA s money hungry whores could at least put the licenses out for bid to more than just one studio so we may actually get a dev that gives a shit about the players. Last FIFA I bought was 17, so far doesn't look like I'll be getting 20 either.

Hoof the ball

This got leaked on youtube. I think it's from EA Play. Some questioned it's legitimacy, but it does have the Fifa foundation electronic billboard on the side of the field which is present in the official release videos, also, so it could very possibly be real. Anyhow, it looks almost the same game as Fifa 19 (as if you didn't know)

RedDevilRoshi

This got leaked on youtube. I think it's from EA Play. Some questioned it's legitimacy, but it does have the Fifa foundation electronic billboard on the side of the field which is present in the official release videos, also, so it could very possibly be real. Anyhow, it looks almost the same game as Fifa 19 (as if you didn't know)

Looks like FIFA 19

Shark

@NotShark
I won’t be touching this with a stick. Fifa 19 may be the worst game I’ve ever played. How could you even be a pro at a game that resembles actual football in no way or form. Absolute thrash.

dbs235

For me from Fifa 09-13 were the best games and it started going downhill after that. Not forgetting the World Cup 2010 game which was great.
Could not agree more, FIFA 10 and the World Cup game were the peak in my opinion. 11-13 still good and then as you say, all went downhill after that.

padr81

Supports
Man City

Some dude who went to EA play said that the game is basically FIFA 19 but slower.
I don't know if this is necessarily a bad thing.

For me Fifa 19 with..
  • Severly nerf AI defending
  • better and less error in easy passes.
  • harder to pull off stupid angled passes.
  • nerf La Croqueta and Elastico's.
  • Fix finishing (improve scoring rate in box, lower scoring rate outside)
  • Nerf timed shots
  • Fix attackers always winning headers.
  • Remove momentum and kickoff boosts (both of which absolutely are in the game)
  • Fix player switching so it actually works.
We would have a pretty decent game where the Meta would have to change. You wouldn't have to flood your box to stop first timed long shots. You couldn't just score 1st time shots and headers so would have to attack with numbers to create chances as you can't just la croqueta and elastico an enitre team.

EA have said they've fixed most of those things. If they have and we only get a working Fifa 19 for Fifa 20 I'd take that in a heartbeat.

All I want is a game that feels fair, where my player passes where I'm aiming and my 96 rated Eriksen doesn't put the ball wide from 5 yards 90% of the time, whilst smacking in 90% of his 35 yards efforts first time into the top bins.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Basically just a squad and kits update at this point. They should only bring new games out every 3 years or so, and just release squad and kit updates for a fiver or something.

One thing they need to fix is scripting and momentum in career mode matches. Doesn't happen every game of course, but there's just some games that you're not supposed to win. I remember playing Porto in the CL on my United career mode. 2-0 up at half time, game feeling pretty normal, second half Porto come out pressing like a team of Ngolo Kante's whenever I have the ball, while keeping the ball themselves like 2009 Barcelona, one touch passing like it's nobodies business. My players on the other hand all of a sudden suffer from Lukaku first touch syndrome, and every time I make a tackle the ball rebounds back to Porto. They score 3 goal of the season candidates to go 3-2 up, then all of a sudden my players can control the ball again, I can tackle, and the AI is playing like regular Porto and I scrape a 3-3 draw. There's my ai momentum rant anyway, it absolutely exists.

Last edited:

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Basically just a squad and kits update at this point. They should only bring new games out every 3 years or so, and just release squad and kit updates for a fiver or something.

One thing they need to fix is scripting and momentum in career mode matches. Doesn't happen every game of course, but there's just some games that you're not supposed to win. I remember playing Porto in the CL on my United career mode. 2-0 up at half time, game feeling pretty normal, second half Porto come out pressing like a team of Ngolo Kante's whenever I have the ball, while keeping the ball themselves like 2009 Barcelona, one touch passing like it's nobodies business. My players on the other hand all of a sudden suffer from Lukaku first touch syndrome, and every time I make a tackle the ball rebounds back to Porto. They score 3 goal of the season candidates to go 3-2 up, then all of a sudden my players can control the ball again, I can tackle, and the AI is playing like regular Porto and I scrape a 3-3 draw. There's my ai momentum rant anyway, it absolutely exists.

The perennial problem of football videogames, both FIFA and PES. I remember (could have been FIFA10) the AI literally going to the 98th minute, when it had said 3 minutes of extra-time, so the AI rival team could finally score (they did, since the ball kept rebounding back to them and all of my tackles were useless, they all dribbled like peak Romário).

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City

Yeah, I've noticed two examples over the years.

1. Say the AI gets a free-kick just inside their own half - 99% of the time they'll lump it long and my defender will win the header on the edge of the area, and play will resume as normal. But that other 1% is so obvious. They'll play a short pass, which turns into a five-pass move with one player using a freestyle skill move for no reason, and then a shot from nowhere rockets into the goal.

2. Also, notice how the AI get much better at keeping the ball after 85 minutes? Doesn't matter what the score is, if you don't have the ball in the 85th minute you're never getting it back. They pass it round like, as you said, 2009 Barcelona, even if they never move forward with the ball. They just play keep-ball and that's that. Particularly frustrating if I happen to find myself level or losing.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
So following the announcement United have signed a deal with PES (swear they only did one with FIFA a couple of years ago), does this mean Old Trafford won’t be in FIFA20?

Bojan11

So following the announcement United have signed a deal with PES (swear they only did one with FIFA a couple of years ago), does this mean Old Trafford won’t be in FIFA20?
Apparently Liverpool has a similar deal few years back and Anfield was in Fifa. Fifa still has the premier league rights which gives them access to all stadiums.

Kearnkoff69

At least I can save myself some money and pass on this year's version. I played FIFA 15 for 3 years and didn't feel like I missed out on much in 16 or 17. Seems to be the same with FIFA 20.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
EA just confirmed they've lost the naming rights of Juventus to PES :lol:

This is going to be weird.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
No Ronaldo in the game? :lol: Christ. Or will it be the real players but Turin FC or something.

Kearnkoff69

FIFA should consider adding a kit editor to the game so people can at least spice up the generic kits Juve is going to have. The silver lining here is that it'll be very funny watching all the Ronaldo cheesers playing with "Piemonte Calcio" online.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wonder how that'll work for Ultimate Team. E-Sports is huge now for Fifa and Ronaldo is basically a staple in all the competitive teams.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Wonder how that'll work for Ultimate Team. E-Sports is huge now for Fifa and Ronaldo is basically a staple in all the competitive teams.
It won't effect Ronaldo at all. Just Juve's name, kits and stadium I'd say.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
FIFA should consider adding a kit editor to the game so people can at least spice up the generic kits Juve is going to have. The silver lining here is that it'll be very funny watching all the Ronaldo cheesers playing with "Piemonte Calcio" online.
Remember reading somewhere that they can't add kit editors to Career Mode for licensing reasons.

Kearnkoff69

Remember reading somewhere that they can't add kit editors to Career Mode for licensing reasons.
Ah, that does make sense. I don't see why they couldn't add the option to edit kits for unlicensed teams only, though. Even if they don't allow option files like PES, Konami's basic kit editor has survived a long time without legal complaints.

Carolina Red

Staff
And they’d just got the new Juventus stadium in the game, too.

What the actual feck. Barcelona playing in a generic stadium and Juve not even existing. Wow