Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

Eddy_JukeZ

Losing the Juventus license is highly embarrassing from EA.

From what a few pros told me, I'm slightly more optimistic regarding the gameplay.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!

From what a few pros told me, I'm slightly more optimistic regarding the gameplay.

That’s how it begins every fecking year then they praise gameplay and say it’s better than ever then EA go and release patch after patch and before you know it gameplay is trash.

Eddy_JukeZ

That’s how it begins every fecking year then they praise gameplay and say it’s better than ever then EA go and release patch after patch and before you know it gameplay is trash.
Well pros hated 19 at the start.

And 19 was pretty bad at the start. The 1st patch improved it(made bikes impossible to score from corners)

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Well pros hated 19 at the start.

And 19 was pretty bad at the start. The 1st patch improved it(made bikes impossible to score from corners)

I like they patched those stupid bicycle kicks but they just got replaced by el tornado crosses and back post headers, and the stupid la croquetta skill move.

Either way if it’s good or bad on release the gameplay a few months in will be completely different usually in a much worse way.

Eddy_JukeZ

I like they patched those stupid bicycle kicks but they just got replaced by el tornado crosses and back post headers, and the stupid la croquetta skill move.

Either way if it’s good or bad on release the gameplay a few months in will be completely different usually in a much worse way.
Well it wasn't necessarily replaced, but discovered rather as the new(and better alternative).

But we'll see. Still not expecting much.

pascell

Well it wasn't necessarily replaced, but discovered rather as the new(and better alternative).

But we'll see. Still not expecting much.
Do you think they're actually discovered on the off chance, or someone at EA tells the pros what moves aren't going to be properly registered by defenders ie el tornado crosses or attacking phases of play that 95% end up with a goal?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Do you think they're actually discovered on the off chance, or someone at EA tells the pros what moves aren't going to be properly registered by defenders ie el tornado crosses or attacking phases of play that 95% end up with a goal?
He is a pro so surely he'd also be told?

I'd fully forgot about the bicycle kicks at the start of this FIFA :lol: they were so easy to do

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
List of things that would make me buy a FIFA game again;

1) Improve the Player Career Mode

pascell

He is a pro so surely he'd also be told?

I'd fully forgot about the bicycle kicks at the start of this FIFA :lol: they were so easy to do
I didn't know that, I'd have thought they'd be given any advantage they could get with the gameplay.
I just don't get how once they nerf one OP move with an update, there's another one ready straight away and there's a Youtube video about it within the hour.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I didn't know that, I'd have thought they'd be given any advantage they could get with the gameplay.
I just don't get how once they nerf one OP move with an update, there's another one ready straight away and there's a Youtube video about it within the hour.
Because they play a stupid amount of hours a day, and practice things religiously. It sounds like the perfect job, but my god would it get boring very quickly.

pascell

Because they play a stupid amount of hours a day, and practice things religiously. It sounds like the perfect job, but my god would it get boring very quickly.
100% agree mate, weekend league and the odd game on rivals/SB for weekly objective is enough for me. Kudos to them though for earning a living out of it!

Eddy_JukeZ

I've heard el tornado crosses are dead in FIFA 20, so there's that.

No idea how it was never patched.

luke511

As long as AI defending is a thing no one should buy the game, dull as feck.

luke511

How you going to defend without it? You can't control all 11 players at once. I agree it needs toning down, but you can't remove it completely.
They didn't have it up until FIFA 17 and everyone regards that period before as better/more entertaining. Letting the AI do all the defending has killed the whole dribbling element of the game, it's so boring now having to repeatedly pass for the entire game waiting for the opponent to slip up. It's closed the skill gap completely.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea

How bad would a fifa have to be for you to stop playing it btw?

Fifa 19 was comfortably the worst fifa I’ve ever played. I’ve played about 30 games online I think and barely picked it up since November. Would usually rack up hundreds of games, if not thousands. I’ve zero interest in playing it if it isn’t a good game. Curious to see if a pro would ever stop or would you just persevere as it’s technically work?

I’m ex pro standard at previous FIFA’s, probably up to about 15/16 when I stopped having time to play so much. Only ever played for fun though and not really for proper money. Not sure how much I’d have to be paid to play fifa 19 regularly.

Eddy_JukeZ

How bad would a fifa have to be for you to stop playing it btw?

Fifa 19 was comfortably the worst fifa I’ve ever played. I’ve played about 30 games online I think and barely picked it up since November. Would usually rack up hundreds of games, if not thousands. I’ve zero interest in playing it if it isn’t a good game. Curious to see if a pro would ever stop or would you just persevere as it’s technically work?

I’m ex pro standard at previous FIFA’s, probably up to about 15/16 when I stopped having time to play so much. Only ever played for fun though and not really for proper money. Not sure how much I’d have to be paid to play fifa 19 regularly.
FIFA 19 and I did stop playing it.

I didn't play weekend league at all from January to the start of April.

Even now when I've been playing a lot, I'm still in disbelief in how bad the gameplay is. It is simultaneously the worst game at replicating football and the worst game from a competitive point of view.

IrishRick

I appear to be in the minority and think FIFA 19 was a vast improvement on what came before it. Skill moves were rewarded unrealistically before this, that said the la croquete and the tornado cross are ridiculous, and it rewards passing and patience. I am happy with it. It's not perfect obviously and the patches have made it more arcade like as the year progresses but ya its the best FIFA so far

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They didn't have it up until FIFA 17 and everyone regards that period before as better/more entertaining. Letting the AI do all the defending has killed the whole dribbling element of the game, it's so boring now having to repeatedly pass for the entire game waiting for the opponent to slip up. It's closed the skill gap completely.
Playing online and watching my opponent control one midfielder and let his entire defence auto defend is infuriating because they track you perfectly. It’s lazy as feck.

Macern

Pee pee pants
They did have it before 17, only to a lesser extent. If you remember back in around FIFA 12, that’s when there wasn’t any AI defending at all and the meta was to give the ball to fast and strong players like Agbonlahor and Bent and just run with it. If AI defending was removed completely it’d be too difficult to defend as you can only control one player.

luke511

They did have it before 17, only to a lesser extent. If you remember back in around FIFA 12, that’s when there wasn’t any AI defending at all and the meta was to give the ball to fast and strong players like Agbonlahor and Bent and just run with it. If AI defending was removed completely it’d be too difficult to defend as you can only control one player.
Yeah when I say AI defending, I mean the introduced capability of letting players you don't have selected do all the tracking, covering and defending for you. For example, up until FIFA 16 if your opponent's controller ran out of battery you would be able to run straight through and score a goal with ease. Now if that happens, it actually becomes harder to get close to the net and score. They've minimised the human error aspect of the game and closed the skill gap. They've sacrificed the gameplay as their current system makes them more money so I don't see them going back.

In the games before AI defending, it was possible to manually defend with one defender and use a second man as well using RB/R1, it worked just fine and people enjoyed the game a lot more because there was a lot more human error involved when dribbling and passing.

luke511

Playing online and watching my opponent control one midfielder and let his entire defence auto defend is infuriating because they track you perfectly. It’s lazy as feck.
Yep agreed, it's turned the game into a boring pile of shite.

Bojan11

They did have it.

I remember testing out one game in 16 where I just patrolled around controlling my cdm whenever I didn’t have the ball and it was successful. As whenever I controlled players especially CBS I would get outpaced or through ball would go behind me. It just wasn’t highlighted back then.

There needs to be some balance in defence and attack. But the defending tools they give you need to be better too. I’m glad that they saying when you tackle someone you get the ball back rather than it bouncing around back to attackers. There needs to be some AI defending involved though unless you want 9 other zombies with you. But they shouldn’t mirror or track players near the ball carrier. That decision should be left with the human whether he goes after the player passing the ball or he tracks the runner.

luke511

They did have it.

I remember testing out one game in 16 where I just patrolled around controlling my cdm whenever I didn’t have the ball and it was successful. As whenever I controlled players especially CBS I would get outpaced or through ball would go behind me. It just wasn’t highlighted back then.

There needs to be some balance in defence and attack. But the defending tools they give you need to be better too. I’m glad that they saying when you tackle someone you get the ball back rather than it bouncing around back to attackers. There needs to be some AI defending involved though unless you want 9 other zombies with you. But they shouldn’t mirror or track players near the ball carrier. That decision should be left with the human whether he goes after the player passing the ball or he tracks the runner.
FIFA 15 may have the last game without the mechanism, FIFA 16 was it's first introduction, and then FIFA 17 was when it was fully integrated and people took full advantage of it to defend. It wasn't a case of having 9 zombies in my opinion, you was fully capable of switching quick enough to the player you needed controlling, people could defend just fine before it was introduced.

Shark

@NotShark
I appear to be in the minority and think FIFA 19 was a vast improvement on what came before it. Skill moves were rewarded unrealistically before this, that said the la croquete and the tornado cross are ridiculous, and it rewards passing and patience. I am happy with it. It's not perfect obviously and the patches have made it more arcade like as the year progresses but ya its the best FIFA so far
Are you serious?

When you hold L2/R2 and move side to side and backwards with the ball glued to your feet, defying the laws of physics. It’s been prominent in previous Fifa’s

0:27
One of FIFA 20's major new features is,wait for it,a dragback skill.
:lol:

pascell

“Composed Finishing” is just the same as a finesse shot? :lol:
Is that a 'new feature' they're leading with? Basically green timed shots when maraudering towards goal then. They need to sort out through balls, player with 90+ passing should be capable of passing it between 2 defenders, without them playing it the wrong direction or over hitting it to the GK.

Edit: just watched the gameplay trailer. Yep composed finishing looks like finesse shots to me. Can't believe one of their selling points is winning the ball back after tackling the opposition, that should be a given but they messed up too bad with fifa 19.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
When you hold L2/R2 and move side to side and backwards with the ball glued to your feet, defying the laws of physics. It’s been prominent in previous Fifa’s
0:27
Thanks, didn't know it was called that. Yeah, that's annoying as feck.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Isn't the free-kick mechanic basically what they had in 2003? You could pick your spot, where you'd hit the ball and then time it right by pressing shoot when the marker was in the green zone of the meter.