Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

Castia

Anybody playing on pc? Ive got a months origin premium due to Star Wars and I’m tempted to download FIFA. I know it’s more popular on console but is there a decent number of players on PC?

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
22 wins for me. 6 games v pros/top 100 players. So boring, I’ve only time to play weekend league, not much time to play the rest of the week. Not enjoyable being against people who play 24/7. 3 of them needed ET to beat me though so isn’t the worst matchmaking, just not enjoyable playing against them.

RonaldoVII

22 wins for me. 6 games v pros/top 100 players. So boring, I’ve only time to play weekend league, not much time to play the rest of the week. Not enjoyable being against people who play 24/7. 3 of them needed ET to beat me though so isn’t the worst matchmaking, just not enjoyable playing against them.
How do you know who is at that level when you play them?

No Love

I knew after going 5-0 that I was boxing above my weight and then the losses came thick and fast :lol: I made it to 14 wins and have 4 games left for later tonight to try and get gold 2 for the 3rd week running. Not sure about you but everyone seems to have a lot stronger team this week. I got dicked by Red Messi too which stung :lol: I doubt I'd have much chance against you to be honest! You'd destroy me and I'd claim I was being nice!

What's Drogba like? I'm hoping to get the last of the icon swaps this week and initially wanted Rio but unsure now that I have Scream Pique. Gerrard looks like he'd fit my team but not sure I'd be comfortably getting him!
Gold 2 is very respectable, good luck in your final games! Yeah, totally agree in that respect. Player prices are at rock bottom, so everyone is comfortably rocking the Varane/Lenglet/Griezmann, or some variation of it, scattered with an Icon or two. I really need to get my arse in gear and upgrade my team. For example, as much as I like IF Doherty, Walker is better and only costs 50k.

Drogba is quite the monster. I tried a few chem styles on him, before settling on Sniper, as he really needs that boost in dribbling. In terms of finishing though, I can’t fault him. Rarely misses and seems to just strike the ball much harder than most players are capable of doing. Can’t remember specifics but he has something like 450 goals and 175 assists in 350 games for me.

Hilariously, that’s the exact same as me. I keep looking at that Gerrard card and thinking it would be ideal for me. I had initially decided on Keane +1 more but I’m not sure how Roy would be in this game. Any other Icons you are considering? I’m really finding it tricky to decide!

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
How do you know who is at that level when you play them?
I just google their GT, almost all of them have Eusebio/Gullit which mainly only pros have at this time. From google you see their Twitter page etc. Played PredatorFifa for my final game.

RonaldoVII

Gold 2 is very respectable, good luck in your final games! Yeah, totally agree in that respect. Player prices are at rock bottom, so everyone is comfortably rocking the Varane/Lenglet/Griezmann, or some variation of it, scattered with an Icon or two. I really need to get my arse in gear and upgrade my team. For example, as much as I like IF Doherty, Walker is better and only costs 50k.

Drogba is quite the monster. I tried a few chem styles on him, before settling on Sniper, as he really needs that boost in dribbling. In terms of finishing though, I can’t fault him. Rarely misses and seems to just strike the ball much harder than most players are capable of doing. Can’t remember specifics but he has something like 450 goals and 175 assists in 350 games for me.

Hilariously, that’s the exact same as me. I keep looking at that Gerrard card and thinking it would be ideal for me. I had initially decided on Keane +1 more but I’m not sure how Roy would be in this game. Any other Icons you are considering? I’m really finding it tricky to decide!
I usually have success on a Sunday night but feel I’ve left myself too much to do. Half a chance though!

I’ll give them a look! I think my weakest position is maybe CAM, or RW/Bale. Could drop Griezmann deeper but unsure. No players on the market jump out.

Current team:

I should probably do better with that but oh well!

Last edited:

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Finished 24-6, had the chance to finish Elite 2 but lost my last game. Also just need to do the Liga Nos and Liga BBVA MX squad battles objectives and I've got Rio, so it's been a pretty good weekend of Fifa. I also somehow ended up getting promoted to division 2 in rivals whilst doing the objectives for icon swaps. :lol:

Last edited:

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
1.25m in the bank and my starting 11 is

433 (cam variation)

Courtois (6'6 with ridic stats. No complaints)

EL SBC Mbabu (Not played enough but feels better than an 81 and a lot more agile than his 77 card)
Akanji (good but weak link against really good players)
Varane (a monster, just behind VVD for me as best CB in game)
Jordi Alba (Best LB ive used this year)

85 Guardiola SBC (set to always stay back, awesome in the tackle and great for interceptions, offers little in attack, got him for free so cant complain)

Witsel (Solid. Can do a bit of anything)

Vidal (deadly in game as a box to box but he's my cam and he lacks creativity, would like a top CAM to replace)

Dembele (Ridiculous card. Love him)

Griezmann (So good. Throw hunter on him and he's one of the best in game)

Sancho (Underwhelming for a long time but I enjoy using him now)

So. Its either a top CB or CAM i need. Any suggestions?
Reus as a CAM? I'd look at trying to get de Jong in your team, he's ridiculously good, and you'd want to upgrade Sancho too. And you could always look at getting another icon with that much coin.

ravi2

Finished 24-6, had the chance to finish Elite 2 but lost my last game. Also just need to do the Liga Nos and Liga BBVA MX squad battles objectives and I've got Rio, so it's been a pretty good weekend of Fifa. I also somehow ended up getting promoted to division 2 in rivals whilst doing the objectives for icon swaps. :lol:
How long do you play in a weekend?

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
How long do you play in a weekend?
I played 5 games on Friday evening, played most of Saturday evening and played throughout the day today

I very rarely have a free weekend, so when I do I take advantage of it :lol: Although even on my "free" weekend this time I was busy Saturday morning and afternoon

RonaldoVII

Finished gold 3. Had a penalty shootout in the last game for gold 2 but lost it. Had a chance to win it with Griezmann in the last penalty too but was saved and then missed the next one also. Massive chance at the end of extra time too. Sometimes it just doesn't want you to win...

Eddy_JukeZ

29-1. Should get top 100. 76th last time I checked with less than 5 hours should be safe. EA will shaft me with rewards again though.

My tactics @Mogget (sorry for answering so late)

Balanced
Balanced

ST: stay central, get in behind
Wide CAMs: get into the box for crosses
CDM: stay back, cover back(more attacking CDM just cover center)
full backs: stay back, overlap

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Finished on 21. Couldn't get elite so gave someone a win at the end.

On Friday I played 2 guys from futhead rankings and played class beating both. Went on to lose to a couple of useless players then which seems to be my biggest problem. I either don't concentrate as well or underestimate them or something when they are doing weird shit like crossing continuously.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Got Mbappe from my pre order packs :drool:
Enjoy! He is great st Striker, but I have him LAM recently and he is even better. All depends on how good your team is though. If you can afford to have him LAM then definitely do it (having someone else good in striker)

Also - Just bought OTW De Jong yesterday... Why have I not looked at him before, hes amazing

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
This is my current setup:

Switching to 4-2-3-1 in game.

I've not really played rivals or WL for about a month now so I didn't have too many coins (100-150k) to buy anyone else right now.

Probably going to get Carlos for LB from icon swaps and may save for the RTTF Allan. Apart from that though I'm fairly happy with everything, minus Martial. Apart from Neymar and icons there is almost nobody else I can get for the left side. Been looking at 87 Giggs who looks fairly decent and would get everyone on 10 chem.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Does anyone know if you can change the commentary team for career mode at all?

I’m sick to death of hearing Derek Rae and Lee Dixon for every single match. Tyler and Smith only appear during international matches for me.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups

I’m sick to death of hearing Derek Rae and Lee Dixon for every single match. Tyler and Smith only appear during international matches for me.
Wish they'd get rid of this clown. Pronounces literally every single name wrong.

Nanook

Wish they'd get rid of this clown. Pronounces literally every single name wrong.
Go on settings, then audio, and press r1 (or whatever it is if you’re using Xbox) and you can change to Martin Tyler and Alan Smith.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
This is probably a stupid question but I have a week off work in December with 10 days to go on the Icon Swaps.

Currently have 11 and noticed if I complete all the other objectives I can get 20 and pick Nesta and Roberto Carlos.

However my question, if I only start doing the squad battle challenges with 10 days to go, will I be able to play enough opponents to actually acquire all of the necessary wins? I'm concerned some of the teams will probably be expired by then.

I'd be livid if I won loads of games and then ran out of games to complete all the challenges :lol: Anyone know how that works?

Nanook

This is probably a stupid question but I have a week off work in December with 10 days to go on the Icon Swaps.

Currently have 11 and noticed if I complete all the other objectives I can get 20 and pick Nesta and Roberto Carlos.

However my question, if I only start doing the squad battle challenges with 10 days to go, will I be able to play enough opponents to actually acquire all of the necessary wins? I'm concerned some of the teams will probably be expired by then.

I'd be livid if I won loads of games and then ran out of games to complete all the challenges :lol: Anyone know how that works?
Last week you were able to keep refreshing squad battle opponents so you could play as many games as you want though after 10 refreshes it wouldn’t count towards your score but you could still do challenges. Assuming they keep it like that then yeah, you can do them all in the last 10 days.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Last week you were able to keep refreshing squad battle opponents so you could play as many games as you want though after 10 refreshes it wouldn’t count towards your score but you could still do challenges. Assuming they keep it like that then yeah, you can do them all in the last 10 days.
Aw sweet! Thanks so much for clearing that up.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Keeping rttf Partey due to the fact hes at least going to be an 86 and what an 86.

Bought 88 Rio. Him and Varane and CB. So far a wall.

Have 500k for a cam.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Yeah you can play all your squad battles games consecutively if you wish.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain

I downloaded the Brazilian commentary and its pretty funny. Much more insightful then the usual bollocks the English commentators go on about, not that i understand a word they’re saying mind.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I downloaded the Brazilian commentary and its pretty funny. Much more insightful then the usual bollocks the English commentators go on about, not that i understand a word they’re saying mind.
Goooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!!!! :D

Bojan11

I feel dirty. Just did that red free kick glitch in pro clubs. People are scoring with GKs that’s how ridiculous it is. Going to be rampant soon just seen a competitive match decided by it.

Wal2Fra

Went 4 from 4 with my Serie A team towards the icon swaps. It took me 15 games last time round.

TOTW Smalling is the best defender I have used other than scream Pique.

Dybala at CAM, Scream Dzeko ST, Politano RW and was bringing Sane on at LW bangining in goals and kept 3 clean sheets at the back.

3 challenges left.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Struggled last night doing first owner objectives. Every game I played VS someone not doing objectives which included 1 guy who was winning 1-0 and went drop back 1 and time wasted.... in rivals....

Gonna demote myself from Div2 to Div6 if I can. Too much stress and time wasted playing sweaty folk

TheReligion

Abusive
Is there a 5 a side game on this version?

Thinking of getting it for Nintendo switch
This is the problem with these threads. They just talk about Ultimate team and online play rather than the actual game so you actually glean nothing if you come here looking for an insight on the game itself. Should be a separate thread.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
This is the problem with these threads. They just talk about Ultimate team and online play rather than the actual game so you actually glean nothing if you come here looking for an insight on the game itself. Should be a separate thread.
Yeah true, still haven’t had an answer to this. Ultimate team doesn’t interest me. I just want to know more about the actual game modes and game play