Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Got a premium pack from the season objective and I got inform McGinn. But of course it was untradeable. What a useless card :lol:

Who ever came up with the untradeable. Enjoy hell
I got him in a 2 rare player pack for Southampton scorers from Trossard objective. He’s rubbish in game and now I’m stuck with him too.

I’ll stick him in an sbc when one comes along I want to do.

No Love

Hilariously @AaronRedDevil @dannyrhinos89 I actually think that McGinn card looks decent! Might pick him up for a mere 21k. Even if he’s shit, he’s still an 84 rated inform from the Premier League that may prove handy down the line. I actually think an Anchor chemistry style on him makes him look decent, but probably not enough to get into most teams.

No Love

Also, I’m 1 Lecce goal away from unlocking Politano. Late to the party, I know. Been a bit of a grind getting through some of the matches, mind you. I managed to do it without having to message my opponent and all that jazz. I just hope he’s worth it now!

Don’t think I’ll fret too much over the Trossard card - My team is mainly Premier League anyway so I’ll throw a few choice Subs on the bench and look to bring them on as and when. Not totally dying to get my hands on it, as I have Sané and am contemplating picking up Giggs as one of my Icon Swaps.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Hilariously @AaronRedDevil @dannyrhinos89 I actually think that McGinn card looks decent! Might pick him up for a mere 21k. Even if he’s shit, he’s still an 84 rated inform from the Premier League that may prove handy down the line. I actually think an Anchor chemistry style on him makes him look decent, but probably not enough to get into most teams.
well my midfield 3 is normal firmino - mata flashback - normal Sissoko and he’s nowhere near as good as any of them. It’s weird as he does have good stats but he doesn’t perform to them, that’s for me anyway he may be different for you Though.

RonaldoVII

@No Love I'm beginning to see why you stop at 14 wins each WL. I'd love to see who I'm being matched against too. Lost the first 3, won 8 in a row and then won 1 in the next 7. I'll end on the same gold 3/2 as usual and then pack 82/83 red picks :lol:

Who do you usually bring on as subs? I often replace Isco/Bale/Saul with Eriksen/Zaha/Politano and leave my best players (Griezmann/Hazard) on the pitch with low stamina. But it's the people taking their (best) front 3 off for a fresh set of top strikers that frequently get the better of me. I can't afford 3-400k backup attackers so rather leave them on but not sure if I should just invest.

No Love

@No Love I'm beginning to see why you stop at 14 wins each WL. I'd love to see who I'm being matched against too. Lost the first 3, won 8 in a row and then won 1 in the next 7. I'll end on the same gold 3/2 as usual and then pack 82/83 red picks :lol:

Who do you usually bring on as subs? I often replace Isco/Bale/Saul with Eriksen/Zaha/Politano and leave my best players (Griezmann/Hazard) on the pitch with low stamina. But it's the people taking their (best) front 3 off for a fresh set of top strikers that frequently get the better of me. I can't afford 3-400k backup attackers so rather leave them on but not sure if I should just invest.
Haha, you’re starting to see the light, my man! In all seriousness, Gold 3 is where it’s at, unless you’re:

1. Incredibly gifted at the game and can consistently reach Elite tier rewards without fretting.
2. Incredibly dedicated to the game and have the time and desire to bang out 30ish games every weekend, against the best of the best.

As for the rewards, I’m in the same boat - I just accept that for the most part I’ll snag those players around 82-84, occasionally pick up an 86 and if my luck is in, then I’ll pack something big, irrespective of where I finished.

In terms of Subs, my current bench is:
Süle
IF Alex Telles
Matuidi
Scream Özil
Douglas Costa
Reus
POTM Vardy

I had Son on the bench, then realised that I’d rather have the 450k than have him as a Super Sub. My go-to sub is Reus and that has only been accentuated over time - I think the key is bringing on players that you are used to using. To answer your question more explicitly - If Drogba/Sané/Bernardo aren’t doing it, I’ll bring them off. Sometimes bringing on a couple of fresh fullbacks can really help too - Bringing on Telles to face up against someone’s fresh winger/forward can really help you see out games - Maybe having someone like Semedo/Cancelo on the bench is an idea.

Last edited:

Nanook

I wouldn’t bring Ericksen on. If you’re chasing the game and need a goal you want 3 fast players to bring on against tired defenders. Buy Coman or Costa or someone.

RonaldoVII

Cheers for the advice. I'm tempted to finish the icon swaps and give the weekend league another go but might just ebay it and feck it off. Think my pad is broken too as my players can often only run in 8 directions like using a d-pad. The prospect of grinding the other objectives in rivals doesn't appeal and the weekend league is the same players and same end result each week.

Hughes35

How is the Pep card? I'm only doing the offline challenges so looking at getting Pep.
He's ok. Not the best but usable.

I use Kante, Deco and Pep. Pep is the one I like least but any upgrade would be very expensive (Probably a Pogba of KDB).

sokol11

This was like writing on my experiences with WL. This weekend I started 1/3 then hit some lag free playtime and got to 9/11 after that the s.hit hit the fan. I literally couldn't score anymore, lag hits in, word class saves, hitting the posts, missed 100% chances, opponent scoring with every attempt. had a couple 0-3 results with 15-20 vs 4 shots of the opponent. I really don't understand it, in the end i got 14 wins as every WL with 6 games to spare and really couldn't be bothered to get to 17. Just get to two red picks and be done with it. I'm usually Gold3/2 got 19 wins a couple of times but got robbed everytime I got close to Gold 1. It is not that opponents are better the higher you go. But if you have half a second lag to a good opponent with no lag you stand 0 chance to get something out of games.

So basically I have come up with a few explanations why this is happening:
- EA wants you to spend more money on packs so they try to make you angry to do it
- Servers are shit
- Matchmaking system is flawed. I got opponents from all over the Europe, not just nearby countries
- This is all a hidden cam contest with somebody screwing with you waiting when you will snap :)

Anyway my squad: And I swap ingame Mbappe to ST in 4-1-2-1-2

With Kane 90 IF, Zaha 85, Politano 87, Werner 85 IF, Scream Ozil 87 and Ndombele 81 OTW on bench. Im finishing requirements for Guardiola 85 Icon to and then I will put him on St for ingame swap with Mbappe to play 4-3-3 (4).

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Finished on 24 wins in weekend league.

I had to win 2 from 2 to get to 25 but I lost to a good player who was a nice guy too (messaged after). I thought I would be nice and play the next game and give someone a free win :)…..

I let the guy score and he Ssssh'd me.....

Made a couple of subs and absolutely spanked him :lol:

sokol11

Finished on 24 wins in weekend league.

I had to win 2 from 2 to get to 25 but I lost to a good player who was a nice guy too (messaged after). I thought I would be nice and play the next game and give someone a free win :)…..

I let the guy score and he Ssssh'd me.....

Made a couple of subs and absolutely spanked him :lol:
Do you experience lag in games and are you just that good or do you have fairly lag free games?

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Do you experience lag in games and are you just that good or do you have fairly lag free games?
I have the usual button delay like everyone, sometimes its bad, sometimes its ok. I play wireless and get speed up lag a few times a game. My game will freeze for 2-3 seconds then everything goes really fast for 5 seconds :lol:

sokol11

I have the usual button delay like everyone, sometimes its bad, sometimes its ok. I play wireless and get speed up lag a few times a game. My game will freeze for 2-3 seconds then everything goes really fast for 5 seconds :lol:
On what platform do you play?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I’m one icon swap card away from getting Ballack. Anyone tried him out yet?

Also, any advice for Futmas around the corner? Buy a load of cheap 86+ rated players?

Riz

Anybody know how to get your midifielders to actually run back when they’re not goal side?

It’s infuriating that as soon as you’re not controlling then directly they just start lightly jogging to some vague central area instead of running back when you’ve got 4 people swarming your centre backs

romufc

Anybody know how to get your midifielders to actually run back when they’re not goal side?

It’s infuriating that as soon as you’re not controlling then directly they just start lightly jogging to some vague central area instead of running back when you’ve got 4 people swarming your centre backs
I think it depends on the player you have.

Players with higher aggression will tend to run back more, the ones with less will try and stick to position.

sokol11

I’m one icon swap card away from getting Ballack. Anyone tried him out yet?

Also, any advice for Futmas around the corner? Buy a load of cheap 86+ rated players?
I can only tell you for Ballack 89 that I have it is a beast, a monster in duels with good shot and pass.

Regarding cheap 86+ rated players I think that ship has sailed. I had a bunch of 88 players and also some 86 and I sold all of them for nice profit. 88 GK bought for 18k-22k a while back sold for 35-39k so don't think you will get cheap high rated players right now. Im still waiting for my main trading stash to go. I have around 40 84 rated IF's (midfilders, spanish, la liga). Waiting for EA to start some SBC that will burn IFs they were bought for around 14k each and I'm planing to sell around 40k. :)

No Love

That Battaglia League SBC looks good - Perfect link with IF Acuna could be worth exploring.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Think im going to do a base icon on Thursday sometime after rewards. Anyone do the base icon SBC? Share your packs :)

That Battaglia League SBC looks good - Perfect link with IF Acuna could be worth exploring.
Seen that he is 94 rated as a CM with the artist chem style applied! No idea how he has face card of 84.

sokol11

It will all end in tears, I’m calling it now.
True. Think you put approx 300k worth of players in it and there is a high chance you pull a 150-200k worth icon that is untradable. Better to sell high rated players and buy of the market.

Nanook

True. Think you put approx 300k worth of players in it and there is a high chance you pull a 150-200k worth icon that is untradable. Better to sell high rated players and buy of the market.
It’s more than that, according to Futbin it costs about 600k. It’s awful value.

It did indeed end in tears. Worse than a base icon goalkeeper even....

Miroslav Klose and he is fecking rotten
I did warn you :lol:

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Red picks were shit, wont use any of them. Higuaín, Talisca & Kimmich (I would have only used Son)

TOTW tradable pack will get me around 35k, all discards.

Rivals rewards paid out and saved the day. Packed Mane, IF Kimmich and Lloris so made over 500k today

RMD83

I assume Fifa 20 is falling short of the revenue EA are hoping for. I turned my PS4 on yesterday to find EA have gifted me a free copy of the champions edition as a thanks for being such a loyal 19 customer. I see many others have got the same. Not like EA to be generous, must be hoping for us to blast money on Black Friday packs.

sokol11

Red picks were shit, wont use any of them. Higuaín, Talisca & Kimmich (I would have only used Son)

TOTW tradable pack will get me around 35k, all discards.

Rivals rewards paid out and saved the day. Packed Mane, IF Kimmich and Lloris so made over 500k today
I got red Navas 89 IF and Talisca. Navas goes straight in startin 11 for a green link to POTM T. Silva 90 and completing 10 chem with yellow link to Rio 85. :)

Other packs didn't bring any happiness except one pack outside of Rivals and WL rewards that got me UCL Mbappe 89. :) The funny thing is i'm already using him to great effect. has something like 68 goals and 19 assists in 30 games. By a country mile the best ST I used so far on FUT 20. Second was IF Werner 85.

So if anyone wants a spare UCL Mbappe 89 its on the market for 795k :)

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
I got red Navas 89 IF and Talisca. Navas goes straight in startin 11 for a green link to POTM T. Silva 90 and completing 10 chem with yellow link to Rio 85. :)

Other packs didn't bring any happiness except one pack outside of Rivals and WL rewards that got me UCL Mbappe 89. :) The funny thing is i'm already using him to great effect. has something like 68 goals and 19 assists in 30 games. By a country mile the best ST I used so far on FUT 20. Second was IF Werner 85.

So if anyone wants a spare UCL Mbappe 89 its on the market for 795k :)
Don't mean to have a pop but those stats must be from Squad battles surely? No chance in hell you have a record like that from Rivals/weekend league

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
I assume Fifa 20 is falling short of the revenue EA are hoping for. I turned my PS4 on yesterday to find EA have gifted me a free copy of the champions edition as a thanks for being such a loyal 19 customer. I see many others have got the same. Not like EA to be generous, must be hoping for us to blast money on Black Friday packs.
so they just gave you the game? :lol:

RMD83

so they just gave you the game? :lol:
They did. A mate of mine text me last night saying that EA were gifting free digital copies of Fifa 20 champions edition to Fifa 19 players that hadn’t bought 20 (I assume only to the idiots like me that spent loads on packs). Turned on the PS4 and there it was.

sokol11

Don't mean to have a pop but those stats must be from Squad battles surely? No chance in hell you have a record like that from Rivals/weekend league
I have him for roughly good 30 games and yeah some were SB doing the last Icon Swaps but also a lot of Rivals. WL will be first this weekend. But yeah it is a beast. Scores most of the time, I play to finnish attacks with him as he has high scoring probability. Harry Kane IF 90 is also a regular scorer for me has something like 280 games and 210 goals that is mostly Rivals and WL.

LonelyFire

I didn’t think the game could get worse with the patch but it’s utterly deplorable. AI is back to being impenetrable and scripting is on another level.

No Love

Got Modric and Higuain as my Red picks this week. Pretty pleased with that.

It’s all change for me now, after having had a fairly settled team for a number of weeks. Had been biding my time really and waiting for the right time to make some changes, so now looking a little something like this:

De Gea
Walker
Moore (89)
Laporte
Robertson
Keane (90)
Zaha (85)
Guardiola (85)
Bernardo Silva
Sané
Drogba (87)

433 (4)

Next area for improvement is most likely RW. With 1.3 million coins left in the kitty, I’m looking at Best/Figo, which would then free me up to link Aguirregaray, that ridiculous Uruguayan/Saudi League right back - Surrounding him with Icons and getting everyone on 10 Chem.

Not bad for not having spent a penny on FIFA Points. Having said that, a lot of it is luck and my pack pulls have been on point this year.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Here's a new one for career mode!

Pre-season friendly against Bayern.
'Your next opponent doesn't have enough players to play the next match. This means they're forfeiting you'll be awarded with a 3-0 win'.

:lol: what? Does that mean they don't even have 11 players?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
They did. A mate of mine text me last night saying that EA were gifting free digital copies of Fifa 20 champions edition to Fifa 19 players that hadn’t bought 20 (I assume only to the idiots like me that spent loads on packs). Turned on the PS4 and there it was.
Ridiculous. Are people that paid for 20 not a bit pissed off about it? I am!

No Love

Finally got Drogba from the Icon swaps. Did you say that Sniper felt best @No Love ?
Nice work! Yeah, I tried a few different ones but settled on Sniper and never looked back. Think putting boosts into his Dribbling is a must, makes him less clunky and really helps him break through defences. Let us know how you get on with him!