Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
1st game of weekend league. Had almost 2 seconds of delay (I’m not exaggerating). Had to press pass 5 times for it to register sometimes, couldn’t shoot either as delay was so bad if I pressed shoot from the edge of the box then my player ran out of play before shooting. Entire team is gone and I won’t be playing Fifa again this year if the next game is like that. Never seen anything like it.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
1st game of weekend league. Had almost 2 seconds of delay (I’m not exaggerating). Had to press pass 5 times for it to register sometimes, couldn’t shoot either as delay was so bad if I pressed shoot from the edge of the box then my player ran out of play before shooting. Entire team is gone and I won’t be playing Fifa again this year if the next game is like that. Never seen anything like it.
I know a place your coins are welcome if you completely pie it off :lol: Usually I just knock it off when I know its horrific

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
220,000....100k packs gone in less than 4 minutes.

EA just laughing all the way to the bank.

RonaldoVII

Nice work! Yeah, I tried a few different ones but settled on Sniper and never looked back. Think putting boosts into his Dribbling is a must, makes him less clunky and really helps him break through defences. Let us know how you get on with him!
Nice one. Bit of a goal machine isn't he? Still adjusting as I've dropped Griezmann to CAM but Drogba is rarely missing for me in the 18 yard box and doesn't feel clunky at all so good top with Sniper! I'll still end on Gold 3 and more 82-84 red picks :lol:

No Love

Nice one. Bit of a goal machine isn't he? Still adjusting as I've dropped Griezmann to CAM but Drogba is rarely missing for me in the 18 yard box and doesn't feel clunky at all so good top with Sniper! I'll still end on Gold 3 and more 82-84 red picks :lol:
Definitely. Over 500 goals for me now. Like you said, rarely misses. Could be something in his shot power - Just feels like he really blasts the ball, much harder than other players with comparable stats.

We love ourselves some 82s and 84s! With that said, I got Modric this week who was a big pull, so pleased with that. Who did you get?

As an aside, I haven’t played a single match of Champs thus far - Might get a few games in later on. Was hoping for something big from Black Friday but that Balo/Morales just ain’t my thing!

RonaldoVII

I'm finding that the shooting boost in the latest patch is killing me. I'm dominating games but De Gea not saving anything. Need to be more attacking to counter it but muscle memory and all that...

Acole9

Outstanding
What formation does everyone find the most successful on FUT? I'm using 4-2-2-2 currently.

No Love

What formation does everyone find the most successful on FUT? I'm using 4-2-2-2 currently.
Heard good things about it. Tried it and hated it. I’ve been almost exclusively on the 433 (4) for quite some time now. Tried the 4411 on Draft a couple of times and it’s okay too, albeit more geared up to be solid and spring counters.

Anything that can get you down the wings is most likely viable, given the power of cutbacks, wingplay and pace this year.

My advice would be to get a couple of Fullbacks who can pass and stick your wingers on ‘Get in Behind’ on the 433 (4). Conducive to creating a myriad of chances and if you’re even half decent at defending you should be able to keep it tight enough at the back.

Riz

Dunno what the update has changed but I’ve gone back to not being able to defend for shit again.

Every attack I face ends in a good chance, I try and be patient and keep my shape and I just get easily passed by or dribbled. On occasion when I do time a tackle really well they just bundle through it and end up with a 1 on 1. The auto switch is fecked and puts me in control of a left back when they’re running through against my centre backs. Midfielders just stop running back once the ball is past them and you’re no longer controlling them. I’ve gone from being a div 4 player to losing almost every match because I concede 3 without fail.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
My brother ended up giving me his copy cos he can't be arsed with it, so I stuck a cheeky 80 quid in for some of them Ultimate packs..

Packed Aguero, DDG, about 5 informs and a decent number of 84s and 85s. Happy with that, built a decent PL team around Aguero and DDG.

Guess I'm back on the fifa train. Choo Choo.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Marco van Basten has been removed from the game for jokingly saying Sieg Heil while Heracles' German trainer was being interviewed. He didn't realise his mic was on. Oops.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Marco van Basten has been removed from the game for jokingly saying Sieg Heil while Heracles' German trainer was being interviewed. He didn't realise his mic was on. Oops.
Not really removed, if you already owned him you can keep using him. You just can't temporarily unpack him in new packs.

What the feck was he thinking though.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Not really removed, if you already owned him you can keep using him. You just can't temporarily unpack him in new packs.

What the feck was he thinking though.
Van Basten's known to be a bit of an idiot. I'd put it down to locker room talk without realizing his mic was on, but it's no wonder there's a bit of fallout in the current climate.

Some media in the states have even called him a nazi sympathizer :lol:

dannyrhinos89

On a really bad run at the minute, my players feel like they’re wearing lead boots, passes are slow even when I’m putting full power on, dribbling is inconsistent and clumsy.

sokol11

Having a lot of high scoring games, like, 2 out of 3 are ending 4-3 or 5-4 with the result going either way in rivals.

Stressful but fun must say. Just infuriating when lag puts me on the losing end like literally just now :o
My pick of the bunch was yesterday opponent 4 shots, me 20 shots, he was leading me to 82 min 2-0 in the end game scripted 2 goals for me so it ended 2-2. But if all would just be normal I would murder him by 5 goals difference at least based on chances.

iluvoursolskjær

My pick of the bunch was yesterday opponent 4 shots, me 20 shots, he was leading me to 82 min 2-0 in the end game scripted 2 goals for me so it ended 2-2. But if all would just be normal I would murder him by 5 goals difference at least based on chances.
Yeah scripting can drive a guy insane. I usually play 433 but have a 41212 formation on one of my custom tactics just for when game feels like it's at a tilt so I can go full sweat mode. Try walk it in the net or something.

Generally just a good way to change it up too in the last 20mins or so.

sokol11

Yeah scripting can drive a guy insane. I usually play 433 but have a 41212 formation on one of my custom tactics just for when game feels like it's at a tilt so I can go full sweat mode. Try walk it in the net or something.

Generally just a good way to change it up too in the last 20mins or so.
Yeah I'm a preacher of 4-3-3 too but thinking of going towards 41212 also. My wingers it doesn't matter who I have are totally ineffective, I tried Mane, Salah, Sterling, Giggs, Gnabry 87, Politano 87, Neymar etc. The most effective was Saint Maxim gold 79 :) Also gave Vieira 86 a try in DMC. It is not that he is bad he is good, doesn't loose any duel. But the game can pass him by as with all the lag he is not fast enough to be there where he needs to be. So definitiely not 1,6 mil better that some other cheap option.

Riz

Is it just me or is fut champions not open this weekend? I just entered and it says it opens in 1 day 15 hours?

No Love

Is it just me or is fut champions not open this weekend? I just entered and it says it opens in 1 day 15 hours?
Oh it’s open for me. Not sure what’s going on there. You can play my games for me if you’d like. I’m 7-0 and have little desire to carry on :lol:

dannyrhinos89

Pulled Van Nistleroy and aguero from a 125k pack today best pack I've had all year.

iluvoursolskjær

I can handle playing against teams worth a mill or two more than mine, no probs. Win some lose more ~whatever~

What pisses me off is when it feels like the game is retardificating my players and making them feel like poxy canoes in a fecking angry ocean because the oppo is 88+ rated who ping in top bins on a 180 turn from outside the box.

I can anticipate every shitty move/pass those cnuts are gonna do. Counting for sweet shittall.

Suck my willie, EA.

Hughes35

I always read a lot of posts on here about scripting / bad luck etc and i've always thought "Nah, stop moaning and get on with it" until this weekend that is.

Something really seems to be broken on my game this weekend.

I've played 20 game so far winning 12, I am not exaggerating when I say I have played very, very well in about 19 of those games and should easily have won them all (Best I've ever played). The game just does not want me to win though. In my first 10 games I had 22 shots on target against me......and conceded 22 goals. I am not making this up. My goalkeeper (Te Stegen) made 2 saves in 10 games and punched two balls into his own net from crosses with nobody near him.

I had at least 5 or 6 one on ones every game but just could not finish. I had 3 red cards and 2 penalties against me for basically nothing.

It was all summed up in a game that was 0-0 after about 60 minutes. I play Pogba through 1 on 1 with their keeper from the half way line. He gets half way into the opponents half and his hamstring goes........... Never seen anything like it.

Is it just bad luck, or is there a magic button that makes your keeper save stuff that I'm missing?

sokol11

I always read a lot of posts on here about scripting / bad luck etc and i've always thought "Nah, stop moaning and get on with it" until this weekend that is.

Something really seems to be broken on my game this weekend.

I've played 20 game so far winning 12, I am not exaggerating when I say I have played very, very well in about 19 of those games and should easily have won them all (Best I've ever played). The game just does not want me to win though. In my first 10 games I had 22 shots on target against me......and conceded 22 goals. I am not making this up. My goalkeeper (Te Stegen) made 2 saves in 10 games and punched two balls into his own net from crosses with nobody near him.

I had at least 5 or 6 one on ones every game but just could not finish. I had 3 red cards and 2 penalties against me for basically nothing.

It was all summed up in a game that was 0-0 after about 60 minutes. I play Pogba through 1 on 1 with their keeper from the half way line. He gets half way into the opponents half and his hamstring goes........... Never seen anything like it.

Is it just bad luck, or is there a magic button that makes your keeper save stuff that I'm missing?
It happens to me all the time. I was 8/11 in this WL. now i'm 11/22. And between those 22 games I had maybe 5 good opponents. All other beat me with some gold bundesliga teams, broken Balotteli and my team being slow and unresponsive. Every year it's is getting worse. I think the only way you could get a decent performance would be to introduce more servers and competiting in some semi-pro leagues. In those leagues they would disable scripting that is there only because otherwise 90% of players wouldn't play anymore becase they would loose constantly to better players. That way you would have less players on the servers and maybe good performance. I don't have a problem loosing to better players if you would constantly have same performance of players you could learn from it and become better. But what pisses me of is losing to scripting and unresponsive players.

Hughes35

It happens to me all the time. I was 8/11 in this WL. now i'm 11/22. And between those 22 games I had maybe 5 good opponents. All other beat me with some gold bundesliga teams, broken Balotteli and my team being slow and unresponsive. Every year it's is getting worse. I think the only way you could get a decent performance would be to introduce more servers and competiting in some semi-pro leagues. In those leagues they would disable scripting that is there only because otherwise 90% of players wouldn't play anymore becase they would loose constantly to better players. That way you would have less players on the servers and maybe good performance. I don't have a problem loosing to better players if you would constantly have same performance of players you could learn from it and become better. But what pisses me of is losing to scripting and unresponsive players.
I don't really understand what they think scripting adds? I agree with you, ive no issue getting spanked by somebody better than me.

On another note, how do some guys get 30 wins with the scripting and bad luck the way it can be?

sokol11

I don't really understand what they think scripting adds? I agree with you, ive no issue getting spanked by somebody better than me.

On another note, how do some guys get 30 wins with the scripting and bad luck the way it can be?
My guess is if no scripting 90% of players would stop playing as they wouldn't never beat better players. No more money for EA.

Regarding how can some win 30 games I have no idea. Really good, in big cities with perfect connection or maybe just cheating. :)

No Love

Anyone making a move for that Messi then? Card looks outrageous, obviously.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Anyone making a move for that Messi then? Card looks outrageous, obviously.
Just turned off the match and knocked on my console (Because life is too short) and was blown away by that Messi SBC. I knew it was gonna be super high but still...2.5 million for an untradeable 96 Messi, no fecking way would I go anywhere near that personally.

sokol11

Just turned off the match and knocked on my console (Because life is too short) and was blown away by that Messi SBC. I knew it was gonna be super high but still...2.5 million for an untradeable 96 Messi, no fecking way would I go anywhere near that personally.
Just bought Messi 95 IF I suggest you do the same. :) Will go nicely with Scream Aguero 91 :)

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I know, it's absolutely laughable. The tradeable 96 UCL card pre-SBC was 1.9 Million :lol:

passing-wind

FUT has been a cancer to the gameplay of this year's edition. The fact that many patches have come at the back end of responses based on online gameplay is laughable. The core mechanics should always be fundamentally assessed in offline modes because there are too many latency / variables that negatively effect the gameplay online.

The game was better at launch before all the patches now it's almost unplayable. We are realistically all playing a broken video game because there's not another football game within the market that can destabilise EA's developers to take everything more seriously.

Hot pile of trash.

passing-wind

I didn’t think the game could get worse with the patch but it’s utterly deplorable. AI is back to being impenetrable and scripting is on another level.
Atleast I'm not the only one who sees it update 9 a straight nail in the coffin.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
What's happened to this game? I take long breaks from it so when I come back the changes are obvious. Fulham are playing and finishing like peak Barca. They just did a no look pass. At 2-2 in the 80th min. Then they did some mad back heel in the 93rd to set up a goal.

predator

Youth NITK
Someone please help me out I'm oosing my shit with this game.

On ultimate team I play 41212 wide and when I go a goal behind i put my tactics to ultra attacking to try and get a goal or two like I've always done. Why does this automatically change my formation to 442 and puts the notoriously slow cdm kroos in RM? Why does ultra attacking change the formation and puts players in different positions?

Apart from that I'm so shite this year. I cant get above division 7 whereas last year I was in division 3 consistently. My defence is always wide open and I get a red card once every 2 games.

I'm convinced I'm doing something so blatantly wrong because I've never been this bad at fifa.

I've had every fifa since 02 and I'm genuinely thinking to give up after this one.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Someone please help me out I'm oosing my shit with this game.

On ultimate team I play 41212 wide and when I go a goal behind i put my tactics to ultra attacking to try and get a goal or two like I've always done. Why does this automatically change my formation to 442 and puts the notoriously slow cdm kroos in RM? Why does ultra attacking change the formation and puts players in different positions?

Apart from that I'm so shite this year. I cant get above division 7 whereas last year I was in division 3 consistently. My defence is always wide open and I get a red card once every 2 games.

I'm convinced I'm doing something so blatantly wrong because I've never been this bad at fifa.

I've had every fifa since 02 and I'm genuinely thinking to give up after this one.
Firstly, you need to edit your tactics in Custom Tactics which can be done on the active squad screen. When you edit your tactics you can press triangle on the formation screen of your ultra attacking set up to move the players where you want them.

Secondly. I stopped playing the game last month and I’m loving it. The game is complete bollocks mixed with horrendous server connections resulting in awful button lag and then a whole bunch of scripted bollocks on top of it.

EA are scammers and will do anything to manipulate people (and children) into buying more fifa points. Ever wondered why you buy a striker and he’s shit hot for the first 10/20 games and then he turns into a donkey. Its so you sell him, lose money on him and then need more fifa points to buy a better striker.

I said last year im not buying FIFA 20 and i did, because all my mates did. Now they’re seeing it too, but I’m not playing this shit anymore.

iluvoursolskjær

Not sure if its still the case now but about a week ago I noticed every ter stegen I came against let in poor goals, like a bicycle kick off a corner by Sokratis that was almost straight at him =S I mention it cos I remember someone complaining about their keeper being poor and for a whole week I saw ter stegen playing for the oppo continue to make weird mistakes.

predator

Youth NITK
Firstly, you need to edit your tactics in Custom Tactics which can be done on the active squad screen. When you edit your tactics you can press triangle on the formation screen of your ultra attacking set up to move the players where you want them.

Secondly. I stopped playing the game last month and I’m loving it. The game is complete bollocks mixed with horrendous server connections resulting in awful button lag and then a whole bunch of scripted bollocks on top of it.

EA are scammers and will do anything to manipulate people (and children) into buying more fifa points. Ever wondered why you buy a striker and he’s shit hot for the first 10/20 games and then he turns into a donkey. Its so you sell him, lose money on him and then need more fifa points to buy a better striker.

I said last year im not buying FIFA 20 and i did, because all my mates did. Now they’re seeing it too, but I’m not playing this shit anymore.
Cheers.

It's a shame really, I used to be able to play FIFA for hours straight. Now I get bored after 2 consecutive games with or without winning. It's just been a habit for me (I'm 25 now) to have FIFA every year but if it is like this next year I may just give it a miss.

I've become so shit that it's just embarrassing though. I cant tackle for shit or do anything with possession. Free kicks are a mystery to me and corners convert to goals every 70 or so times I would say. The only thing i am relatively good at is shooting from open play. I must be doing something so drastically wrong this year because I am hopeless!

You're so right about the new striker thing - my benzema scored 35 goals in 20 games for me and now he's on 75 in 90!

passing-wind

Your all playing a broken game if you wonder why your sh1t feel no offense the game was better around launch. FIFA 19 was an absolute disaster they are "patching" 20 into a casket.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I got him, he’s way better than the 96 tradable one. Had both and it’s no comparison. He’s 26 goals in 11 weekend league games for me so far also from CAM. (That’s with the vast majority of people quitting before 65th minute against me).

I had a load of untradables though + I prepped 89s, 88s etc last month once they started doing La liga SBC as I knew he’d get one eventually. His stats are near enough maxed out anyway for what matters, his toty can’t be much better bar maybe 5 star weak foot and a bit of pace. Happy to have him in my team all year.