Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

RedDevilRoshi

I’m guessing the following ratings for this year:

De Gea - 89
Romero - 80
Grant - 73

Wan-Bissaka - 80
Dalot - 75
Fosu-Mensah - 70
Maguire - 84
Lindelof - 82
Smalling - 79
Bailly - 79
Jones - 78
Rojo - 76
Tuanzebe - 74
Shaw - 81
Young - 78
Darmian - 74

Pogba - 88
Matic - 80
Mata - 81
Fred - 80
McTominay - 78
Pereira - 78
Gomes - 71
Garner - 66

Martial - 83
Rashford - 85
Lingard - 81
Sanchez - 81
James - 76
Greenwood - 70
Chong - 69

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

De Gea - 89
Romero - 80
Grant - 73

Wan-Bissaka - 80
Dalot - 75
Fosu-Mensah - 70
Maguire - 84
Lindelof - 82
Smalling - 79
Bailly - 79
Jones - 78
Rojo - 76
Tuanzebe - 74
Shaw - 81
Young - 78
Darmian - 74

Pogba - 88
Matic - 80
Mata - 81
Fred - 80
McTominay - 78
Pereira - 78
Gomes - 71
Garner - 66

Martial - 83
Rashford - 85
Lingard - 81
Sanchez - 81
James - 76
Greenwood - 70
Chong - 69
I’d be surprised if they bump James to a 76 but equally I’d be happy if they did!

Also Rashford 85 is a big jump for him. Usually only the best strikers end up 85+ and he’s not scored enough just yet for that.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I’d be surprised if they bump James to a 76 but equally I’d be happy if they did!

Also Rashford 85 is a big jump for him. Usually only the best strikers end up 85+ and he’s not scored enough just yet for that.
Rashford will most likely rise, he's had good performances in high profile games. 84/85 wouldn't surprise me at all. They make the ratings mainly for FUT now so having him at 85 makes him more useable for longer.

Robertd0803

I normally tend to be a cheap ass and buy Fifa months after release and just update Uniteds team and a few others myself. Dont play online or have any interest in that ultimate team crap. But wont be buying it if Van Dijk and Hazard are on the bloody cover.

Petty I know :lol:

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

De Gea - 89
Romero - 80
Grant - 73

Wan-Bissaka - 80
Dalot - 75
Fosu-Mensah - 70
Maguire - 84
Lindelof - 82
Smalling - 79
Bailly - 79
Jones - 78
Rojo - 76
Tuanzebe - 74
Shaw - 81
Young - 78
Darmian - 74

Pogba - 88
Matic - 80
Mata - 81
Fred - 80
McTominay - 78
Pereira - 78
Gomes - 71
Garner - 66

Martial - 83
Rashford - 85
Lingard - 81
Sanchez - 81
James - 76
Greenwood - 70
Chong - 69
Maguire was already 82, think he might go upto 85
Darmian wont go below 75
Matic was 85 or 86 and Alexis was 86, surely they wont go below 83
Martial was just upgraded to 84. Either he stays at 84 or might go to 85
Rashy will likely be 84

RedDevilRoshi

Maguire was already 82, think he might go upto 85
Darmian wont go below 75
Matic was 85 or 86 and Alexis was 86, surely they wont go below 83
Martial was just upgraded to 84. Either he stays at 84 or might go to 85
Rashy will likely be 84

I just took a guess at all the ratings

I only had FIFA 19 for like 2/3 weeks and returned it as it was just utter s****

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Just as a general point about the series, I think FIFA 17 might've been the last one I played, and 13 before that, and it felt to me with these two games like I was straining to really manipulate the player as I could in previous games. Absolutely loved FIFA 12 and the ones before, but the two I've played since have felt maybe just a bit 'clunky' by comparison. 12 was basically perfect, for me: I've never really played the single player of these games, but as a game and online experience that was fantastic.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Apparently demo released tomorrow?? Full release if you preordered on the 24th?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Rodri being an 85 is a none, he's the same rating as Koke despite one being proven for years and one having 1 good season.

Sancho at 84 whilst Rodri, De Jong and De Lift get 85s is harsh as well

RedDevilRoshi

Will probably be out later today. I’ve just checked the PS Store and nothing there.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
So that Richarlison rumour is confirmed. Someone at EA must hate him. 79 ffs. He’s rated one more than Mirallas and 2 more than Walcott :lol: Absolute joke.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So that Richarlison rumour is confirmed. Someone at EA must hate him. 79 ffs. He’s rated one more than Mirallas and 2 more than Walcott :lol: Absolute joke.
He's crap though. i wonder how far you get into your reply before seeing this white text

bosnian_red

Pretty harsh ratings with the new signings. Fair on the rest. Generous to a few... Also feel like a good chunk will be upgraded in January (Gomes, Greenwood, James, Maguire, AWB all with decently big upgrades I'm guessing, Martial and Rashford to 84 probably with possible position changes)

De Gea - 89
Wan Bissaka - 79
Lindelof - 81
Maguire - 82
Shaw - 81
McTominay - 77
Pogba - 88
Martial - 83 (Lm)
Lingard - 82
James - 73 (Lm)
Rashford - 83 (St)

Romero - 80
Young - 77
Dalot - 75
Fosu Mensah - 73
Tuanzebe - 73
Bailly - 80
Jones - 79
Rojo - 78
Matic - 81
Fred - 79
Pereira - 77 (CM)
Mata - 82 (cam)
Chong - 65 (RW)
Gomes - 68 (cam)
Greenwood - 67 (Cf)
Laird - 64
Garner - 63

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He's crap though. i wonder how far you get into your reply before seeing this white text
:mad:

oh.

:nervous:

It is barmy though, how they can be spot on with some and so far off with others. I don't mind the rest of the team but Digne along with Richarlison are our best players.

79 for Wan Bissaka seems v. harsh too.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
:mad:

oh.

:nervous:

It is barmy though, how they can be spot on with some and so far off with others. I don't mind the rest of the team but Digne along with Richarlison are our best players.

79 for Wan Bissaka seems v. harsh too.
79 for Wan-Bissaka is mental. I mainly play offline though so I just edit the squads... if I buy the game this year anyway. Will try the demo but I feel like long term it will be frustrating and shite once more.

mav_9me

79 for Wan-Bissaka is mental. I mainly play offline though so I just edit the squads... if I buy the game this year anyway. Will try the demo but I feel like long term it will be frustrating and shite once more.
No doubt. I am getting it anyway cuz I liked the street football mode quite a bit when I played the demo.

But I am also getting PES 2020.

I basically only play online, so it is extremely frustrating when the games are scripted such that your shots go in and the other guys shots keep missing or GK saves. And of course the ball landing to the opposite team with every tackle. I like the tackling system actually a lot but when I do tackle so many times it just ends up with the other team anyway.

izec

Yeah, my guess is it will be good once it comes out. Then people will complain because you actually have to put in an effort to attack and defend, instead of abusing the game at every opportunity. EA will give in after a few weeks/months and the game will turn to the usual shit and sweat fest. It needs a miracle to not be like that, it will continue until they stop, but i guess they care more about the money and making the majority of their customers happy.

RedDevilRoshi

Yeah, my guess is it will be good once it comes out. Then people will complain because you actually have to put in an effort to attack and defend, instead of abusing the game at every opportunity. EA will give in after a few weeks/months and the game will turn to the usual shit and sweat fest. It needs a miracle to not be like that, it will continue until they stop, but i guess they care more about the money and making the majority of their customers happy.

Couldn’t agree more.

It’s a decent, enjoyable game from the beginning until they begin to patch the hell out of it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Pretty harsh ratings with the new signings. Fair on the rest. Generous to a few... Also feel like a good chunk will be upgraded in January (Gomes, Greenwood, James, Maguire, AWB all with decently big upgrades I'm guessing, Martial and Rashford to 84 probably with possible position changes)

De Gea - 89
Wan Bissaka - 79
Lindelof - 81
Maguire - 82
Shaw - 81
McTominay - 77
Pogba - 88
Martial - 83 (Lm)
Lingard - 82
James - 73 (Lm)
Rashford - 83 (St)

Romero - 80
Young - 77
Dalot - 75
Fosu Mensah - 73
Tuanzebe - 73
Bailly - 80
Jones - 79
Rojo - 78
Matic - 81
Fred - 79
Pereira - 77 (CM)
Mata - 82 (cam)
Chong - 65 (RW)
Gomes - 68 (cam)
Greenwood - 67 (Cf)
Laird - 64
Garner - 63
Some are fair, some are a bit crap. I'd have gone:

De Gea - 89
AWB - 82
Lindelof - 82
Maguire - 84
Shaw - 80
McTominay - 77
Pogba - 88
Lingard - 79
Martial - 84
Rashford - 82
James - 77

Romero - 83 (best no.2 in the world for me)
Young - 76
Dalot - 76
TFM - 73
Tuanzebe - 76
Bailly - 80
Jones - 78
Rojo - 76
Matic - 79
Fred - 80
Pereira - 76
Mata - 81
Chong - 66
Gomes - 70
Greenwood - 70
Laird - 65
Garner - 68

red4ever 79

Downloading the demo now. Last Fifa I got was Fifa 16 so I am hoping I will notice a good upgrade. I always buzz off the career mode. I like @Solius ratings. I imagine some will get upgraded when an update comes out. Looking forward to getting Jones, Young, Lingard and Matic out the club

RedDevilRoshi

Played a few games.

Passing - very good still a bit too assisted but certainly better than the last few FIFAs
Shooting - improved, not every single shot is ending up top bag the moment you press the shoot button.
Pace - imo spot on really like the pace so far feel like I have time on the ball aswell due to pitch looking bigger, less player coverage. This is the big noticeable change that I really like.
Tackling - much improved. You really need to time your tackle otherwise you will be left for dead.

Not going to get too excited as past experiences have taught me, EA will completely patch this up and unfortunately ruin the game.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Played a few games.

Passing - very good still a bit too assisted but certainly better than the last few FIFAs
Shooting - improved, not every single shot is ending up top bag the moment you press the shoot button.
Pace - imo spot on really like the pace so far feel like I have time on the ball aswell due to pitch looking bigger, less player coverage. This is the big noticeable change that I really like.
Tackling - much improved. You really need to time your tackle otherwise you will be left for dead.

Not going to get too excited as past experiences have taught me, EA will completely patch this up and unfortunately ruin the game.
I swear I've seen this exact post every single year when the demo comes out.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I swear I've seen this exact post every single year when the demo comes out.
It's cause they patch it to appease all the children that buy packs with real money and want exploits instead of good gameplay.

AaronRedDevil

Played the demo. Honestly every fifa feels a tiny bit different. But this feels exactly the same as 19. Tackling still rubbish. Also played the volta. The one thing I was looking forward too. I'm annoyed that there's fouls in fifa street. The fun part was that you can play rough. Now you can't . I swear ea always try to make games as unfun as possible.

bosnian_red

Very tiny difference from 19. Biggest changes are set pieces which I think I like more, though not sure yet. Main differences seem to be player animations as they do everything, but all very minor and subtle. Obviously can't expect much, it's a football game, but this one is definitely more similar to fifa 19 then they usually are to their predecessors. Oh and they definitely turned down the slides on off the ball movement for the demo because literally everyone stands still (especially on the opposition). Dumb little things to make it feel different for a bit until you realize it's just people adjusting sliders for a demo and not changing the game really.

Hoping Volta has a lot of good game modes, will be almost entirely pointless if they leave it as just single player individual games. They need to basically implement all the old fifa street modes, which would make it great IMO. Though also make it more like fifa street with the combos/arcade style of game it was, as this one is very simple to get to an open net and score.

Whatever though. I always play some career mode but most of the time do FUT for half a year until I build a really good team, as the growth of the team is my favourite part anyway. Will probably aim to start off with:

King
Lingard
James McTominay pereira Hudson Odoi
Shaw Maguire Tuanzebe Wan Bissaka
Schmeichel
And then slowly get Rashford/Sancho/Martial/ new midfield.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It’s basically exactly the same but yes some minor tweaks.

Shooting feels a lot more weighted which is nice. You can cut inside and actually hammer a shot at goal now while sprinting rather than it resulting in you doing a shite ballooned shot.

There actually seems some AI intelligence now. They sprint at you for once. Sancho was constantly tearing up the right side against me. Also I got fouled 4 times in 3 games which is more than I’ve probably been fouled in the entirety of playing Fifa 19.

Game feels overall a bit looser. But that’s all I can think of.

As far as the whole same shit thing, I can still play one simple pass down the wing to a fast winger and cross for a tap in. Every time I just through ball down the side and play a cross behind the defenders. It’s so easy.

Also there’s still no fecking point in the midfield. One pass into your attacker and you’re running at the back four. It’s back to front in 2 seconds and you feel like you’re constantly playing counter attacking football. The midfield doesn’t do shit to support attacks either really. I’m running down the left side but come inside a bit as Robertson and the two midfielders are sitting on the damn halfway line. My only option again is the pass down the wing or to the attacker. Both automatically means I’m running at the back four. Why are there no teams defending with low blocks? Every single team has an incredibly high defensive line so when you’re running at them you end up having to run at an angle cause if they get near you they’ll obviously tackle you. I picked the ball up with Mbappe and the two centre backs are in front of me way outside of their box. So I just run at an angle (past Cavani who just watched me do this instead of making an alternate run) and ended up just outpacing all my way to the wing and sending in an easy cross for a tap in.

Also no AI teams press? This is a huge thing in the real game and it’s just not here.

Last edited:

hobbers

First Fifa I'm not gonna buy in probably a decade.

Maybe I'll come back when they stop putting 95% of their time into UT marketing and actually bring it back to the passable gameplay it had a few years ago before the rot set in.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Our ratings are ok considering we are a midtable team

Kostur

海尔的老板
Joke's on your trying to review the demo feckers, you know that they'll put out a fecking patch week or so after the release to feck things up, like they've done for the last what, 10 years?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
EA have gone in on us with those ratings :lol: Probably because of the links with Konami. Some are a bit harsh, but it just goes to show where we're at right now. It'll be tough using a United based team until icons, IFs and other promotions really kick in.

red4ever 79

No Utd in the demo!! I know I havent played since Fifa 16 but surely people are not interested in Spurs and Chelsea. Is it because they have sold their soul to Konami?