Gaming FIFA 21

Wal2Fra

Currently 11/12, I am playing so sweaty. Havent played FUT since FIFA 18, that was the only FIFA I played FUT. I absolutely hate the abuse of skill moves, people first touch is even a skill move with no one around them. It is absolutely ridiculous, this year it seems everyone puts Mukiele, Klaiber, Zambrotta etc as CB's. Aah every game is so tedious, in response now I keep possession when I have a 2-goal lead, since everyone is doing everything to win. Started FUT end of April, all I hope is to reach Elite 3 this week.

What I find weird is that I see people with lower skill points do much better than me most of the time. I have about 2200 skill points currently, which isn't extraordinary, however I see people with less finish on 26 wins sometimes. What am I doing wrongly?
I think their are people who will go on a run of quitting games to lower their skill rating to drop into the lower divisions to help with completing objectives. Alongside that, you will have people who don’t play rivals throughout the week so their skill points won’t improve as WL only gives you rival points.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I think their are people who will go on a run of quitting games to lower their skill rating to drop into the lower divisions to help with completing objectives. Alongside that, you will have people who don’t play rivals throughout the week so their skill points won’t improve as WL only gives you rival points.
This. My skill rating is 2400 or so now but for ages it was at 2100 or so as I just didn't play rivals as Weekend League alone is already way too much Fifa for a week. I'm sure there's plenty of others in the same boat.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Makes a lot of sense, didnt think about that.

Going to finish my 10 games for the day..

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Playing with Bamford TOTS / Vardy TOTS (both untradable)? They are great but fall short against better opponents who use Zambrotta/Mukiele/Varane as CB's.

I was thinking to buy an icon (Del Piero/Zola/Dalglish) to replace one of them, however gold Mbappe/Ronaldo/Neymar are still so good. Very difficult to play against them and I could use them as a sub with 5 chem at half time, what would you recommend?

Neymar's 5 star 5 star and his agility/dribbling is looking sweet.

wr8_utd

:'(
Playing with Bamford TOTS / Vardy TOTS (both untradable)? They are great but fall short against better opponents who use Zambrotta/Mukiele/Varane as CB's.

I was thinking to buy an icon (Del Piero/Zola/Dalglish) to replace one of them, however gold Mbappe/Ronaldo/Neymar are still so good. Very difficult to play against them and I could use them as a sub with 5 chem at half time, what would you recommend?

Neymar's 5 star 5 star and his agility/dribbling is looking sweet.
Mbappe (the Gold card) is fairly dead now and gets quite easily contained even by the likes of Ake, let alone your full backs playing CB. I still see loads of players during WL go with POTM Mbappe, Neymar and Atal though. It's extremely template and Meta/OP players who love to abuse skills moves and spam skills all game long but yes, Neymar is still a quality card even in May.

I've faced a lot of the TOTS Benzema over the last two weeks and he's incredibly good as well. A useable Benzema card for once this year.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Mbappe (the Gold card) is fairly dead now and gets quite easily contained even by the likes of Ake, let alone your full backs playing CB. I still see loads of players during WL go with POTM Mbappe, Neymar and Atal though. It's extremely template and Meta/OP players who love to abuse skills moves and spam skills all game long but yes, Neymar is still a quality card even in May.

I've faced a lot of the TOTS Benzema over the last two weeks and he's incredibly good as well. A useable Benzema card for once this year.
Yeah TOTS Benzema is very good, thanks. Think I'm going with Neymar.

I am usually a good defender but I can't defrnd the skill moves, not with my slower and non-agile defenders.

wr8_utd

:'(
Yeah TOTS Benzema is very good, thanks. Think I'm going with Neymar.

I am usually a good defender but I can't defrnd the skill moves, not with my slower and non-agile defenders.
The likes of Tatsoba and Lazaro/Mbabu in the current German TOTS SBCs are quality players and really help vs the fastest and meta attackers. I've got Ramos TOTY and Ake at CB and while neither are quite the 89 pace of Tatsoba or the 91 of Varane TOTS, they really do help you keep up with the super pacey strikers.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I use tots benzema and medium attacking workrate let’s him down IMO. That’s the only flaw.

Giggsyking

shittiest FIFA ever, I went back to Konami since the last time I played it 2007, and I really like it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm going to lose my mind playing Champs this weekend. 7-1 at the moment and it's been grim.
Not sure how people play this so competitively anymore. It's an absolute chore and it's not even like real football. I become less and less enamored with it every time I play to the point where I haven't booted up the game in about 3 months.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Not sure how people play this so competitively anymore. It's an absolute chore and it's not even like real football. I become less and less enamored with it every time I play to the point where I haven't booted up the game in about 3 months.
PES is a joy to play still.

Ole90+3

Video games aren't meant to be like real life. I'm not defending the game or anything but expecting a sports video game to be a replication of the real thing isn't realistic.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Video games aren't meant to be like real life. I'm not defending the game or anything but expecting a sports video game to be a replication of the real thing isn't realistic.
I know that but you think they’d be getting closer. Some of the stuff is awful.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'll occasionally still play it. Went a few months without. The annoying part is that normal seasons gameplay isn't all that bad tbh. The skill moves obsession is cancer this year and FUT gameplay is like ping pong, but then you have the awesome squad building aspect of it that's addicting. Why can't they just have normal gameplay but in FUT, and then get a huge reduction on pace numbers and impact as that also kills the game. Started up again over the past week. Sold my 89 Beckham and 91 Scholes & VDS to get funds for Cantona after watching the United Way doc (and because I realized he was 500k).

I did like using 89 Beckham a lot more than this free one though. Oh well.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Keep going up to division 1 in rivals then getting absolutely battered in every game and going straight back down. Skill rating hasn’t gone above 2000 but being matched against 2200+.

Wal2Fra

Is there a caf pro-club on ps5?
Already in a club on the ps4 (not caf related) but looking to jump into one on the ps5.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
The skill moves obsession in fut is indeed awful, I hate it so much. Back to seasons for me.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
How long does it take to get webapp transfer market?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I played FIFA for the first time in about 5 years this past weekend. Watched my nephew play online a little too.

Y’all have been gaslit for the last decade or so into accepting a game that you’d rate 1 out of 10 if it were invented and debuted tomorrow. The whole thing is a dumpster fire. It’s the social media of football games.

It’s a shame, as I bet they could remove all online elements, transfers, let the developers and designers make something better, and sell ‘FIFA Offline’ as a whole new product line. A game that actually plays like football, designed to play with your mates. A game where you’ll happily play Leicester vs West Ham for shits and giggles and don’t really care if you win.

I know. You all love it as it is. You think I’m wrong.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
I started playing 2021online recently. Not that fun to play a keyboard against the people who overuse skills(using a controller). Or the ones who use teams with pacey players like mbappe and just run past you. I have more losses than wins.