Gaming FIFA 21

Shark

@NotShark
Anyone else getting much better packs this year?

I’ve got Haaland, Sancho, Van Dijk, Oblak, Bruno, Bale all in packs
But don't they all become basically useless when EA release upgraded versions of them? I can remember playing UT a few years back and my elite gold players stopped being effective all of a sudden aside from one or two. Stopped making runs and passes all over the place.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
But don't they all become basically useless when EA release upgraded versions of them? I can remember playing UT a few years back and my elite gold players stopped being effective all of a sudden aside from one or two. Stopped making runs and passes all over the place.
Oh... I don’t know? That sounds wank though :lol:

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Anyone finding offline legendary ridiculously easy?

I've historically played legendary in career mode. It suits me. Like if I did a career mode with United in previous FIFAs on legendary mode I'd be in the race for the title but most likely wouldn't win it.

This year is piss easy. 8 wins from 8, 32 goals in those 8 games. Beat City 6-1 and PSG 7-1. The most basic through balls just work. Sometimes I've just ran through defences in a really predictable manner and its worked. What's that about?

I'm about to go and play on ultimate difficulty, where I'll no doubt get my arse kicked.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
So I picked this up today. I felt like cheating and wanted to put Messi in my career mode team. The only problem, Messi doesn’t appear to be in the fecking game! Type his name in and he doesn’t exist. Not in the Barcelona squad, free transfers list. Nowhere.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Just reading twitter since release I'm soooooo glad I quit the fifa franchise this version, anything EA is dead to me. I can't give money to that shithouse company anymore.

So Instead of me getting angry, frustrated smd stressed Its really funny watching everyone else stress and get angry at EA their servers or trash gameplay.

JB7

Anyone finding offline legendary ridiculously easy?

I've historically played legendary in career mode. It suits me. Like if I did a career mode with United in previous FIFAs on legendary mode I'd be in the race for the title but most likely wouldn't win it.

This year is piss easy. 8 wins from 8, 32 goals in those 8 games. Beat City 6-1 and PSG 7-1. The most basic through balls just work. Sometimes I've just ran through defences in a really predictable manner and its worked. What's that about?

I'm about to go and play on ultimate difficulty, where I'll no doubt get my arse kicked.
Hit and miss for me, I've been playing as 1860 Munich on a youth teamers type career mode and tend to either win about 5-1 or lose 4-0 and there's very little in between :lol:

Bojan11

Just reading twitter since release I'm soooooo glad I quit the fifa franchise this version, anything EA is dead to me. I can't give money to that shithouse company anymore.

So Instead of me getting angry, frustrated smd stressed Its really funny watching everyone else stress and get angry at EA their servers or trash gameplay.
Wanted to play clubs with mates. Server has been down for like 5 hours. Ridiculous.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Wanted to play clubs with mates. Server has been down for like 5 hours. Ridiculous.
yeah it’s the same crap every single version from EA, issue after issue.

Every game mode neglected apart from Ultimate team as thats where they make money. even that they get wrong all the time.

EA are essentially the Glazers, they don’t give a damn about the fans, they do the bare minimum not very well and just look at how they can mug the fans off With money.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Tried it today at a mates house. First basic thing I noticed that is in every version. Opposition gks colours are the same as your own team. Its been that way the last 10 years at least.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Anyone else getting much better packs this year?

I’ve got Haaland, Sancho, Van Dijk, Oblak, Bruno, Bale all in packs
Wow. No, not at all.
They don’t change their performance, but they obviously get comparatively worse when facing better cards.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Yeah this is my last FIFA for a very long time. Just can’t get a win to save my life and I’m a pretty good player. Problem is, I’m too good. I tackle well, it rebounds and falls back to him and leaves him open. It’s the same damn game somehow. Even the goals I concede are all rebounds or pure dumbassery from the AI. I swear I’m tempting to upload every match, goal and show you what I mean. Don’t think I’ve had a FIFA match in years where a player just simply runs through my defence and scores. Yet I’ve no problem doing it. And the Tackling is STILL POINTLESS!
Try R1/RB tackling. Also, slide tackles are OP.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
The game can be fun but I have to say I’m struggling to agree with anyone saying “best gameplay in years”. It’s the most unrealistic Fifa in years that’s for certain. Still has its moments of fun and as usual I’m finding it addictive but the actual game is pretty poor.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Thanks.
Are long shots effective and how necessary is it to learn skill moves?
Long shots are not very effective, you can score the occational long shot, but usually there are better options.

You don’t really need to learn skill moves to be decent/enjoy the game. One or two simple moves gets you a long way.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So the new dumb thing with transfers in career mode is clubs offering loans to buy for your best young players and then storming out when you try to make it just a loan. Every time.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Why do CDM in particular just stand around when play needs breaking up. It's absolutely horrific!
Yep one of my biggest issues. If I’m controlling the CBs who are being ran towards then my CDMs just stand there or jog back. Such shit AI.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Why do CDM in particular just stand around when play needs breaking up. It's absolutely horrific!
Because the game demands that you do the defending yourself, instead of letting the AI do it.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
My team currently in fut using4 4 2

Gulsaci

Mukielie klostermann Delaney rousillon

Hwang hee chan Sabitzer zakaria d.costa

Sancho kramaric

At start of game Sancho is rm but I switch him and chan, as Sancho is a monster as a St and chan pace works well at rm.
Still finding ways to improve them. Players that are special cards are: chan, kramaric, delaney, gulaci.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
This game is the breaking point for me - it’s 2020. I just finished a game like the last of us 2 and in comparison playing fifa 21 is like playing something from PS3. It’s so behind the times. It’s fecking tiresome and, as always, pretty horrific. Unplayable for me this year.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Because the game demands that you do the defending yourself, instead of letting the AI do it.
But if I’m controlling a CB holding off an attacker it’s only natural that my CDM would come and give me a hand. In the same way you can set players to make runs inside or outside, free roam, etc... defensive players should cover their responsibilities.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
But if I’m controlling a CB holding off an attacker it’s only natural that my CDM would come and give me a hand. In the same way you can set players to make runs inside or outside, free roam, etc... defensive players should cover their responsibilities.
Same answer. It has to be a deliberate design decision to break with tactical realism in order to create a more (skill) rewarding gameplay, if I'm not completely mistaken 2nd player contain used to be much more powerful in the past and it's been nerfed bit by bit with every release.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Best gameplay in at least 6 years and so many complaints:nervous:

My team currently in fut using4 4 2

Gulsaci

Mukielie klostermann Delaney rousillon

Hwang hee chan Sabitzer zakaria d.costa

Sancho kramaric

At start of game Sancho is rm but I switch him and chan, as Sancho is a monster as a St and chan pace works well at rm.
Still finding ways to improve them. Players that are special cards are: chan, kramaric, delaney, gulaci.
Switch zakaria and delaney ingame. Zaka is one of the best CBs in the game.

Macern

Pee pee pants
So you can control 2 players at once?
The game would be terrible if the AI did more defending for you than what it does now. Would be no skill gap at all. You can make them more aggressive in instructions, and use frequent player switching to solve your problem.

padr81

Supports
Man City
The game would be terrible if the AI did more defending for you than what it does now. Would be no skill gap at all. You can make them more aggressive in instructions, and use frequent player switching to solve your problem.
I think the issue is them not tracking back, the ai shouldn't defend for you but it also shouldn't do nothing, there has to be a decent balance. If the ball gets passed between cdm's and cb's, you either have to control the cb and watch as your cdm's refuse to track runners, or you have to leave the ai CB to defend for you while you bring back the cdm (which usually leads to the CB getting murdered by skill moves and a goal).

That said I'd much prefer this to the last few Fifa's and its an enjoyable game, could even be quite good if all the old bullshit wasn't there. Things like tackles still falling back to the attacker, wrong pass selection etc... are all still there in droves, not to mention running fake shots allowing players to phase through defenders.

fergieisold

The problem seems to be during player switching at times, you position player 1 and switch to player 2 and player 1 just gives up. Maybe it's something that can be solved through the setting like you say.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
The objectives for Mukiele.. I wish somebody would just let me get 4 more assists with Upamecano and then they can crack and and do what they want with me :lol:

Macern

Pee pee pants
I think the issue is them not tracking back, the ai shouldn't defend for you but it also shouldn't do nothing, there has to be a decent balance. If the ball gets passed between cdm's and cb's, you either have to control the cb and watch as your cdm's refuse to track runners, or you have to leave the ai CB to defend for you while you bring back the cdm (which usually leads to the CB getting murdered by skill moves and a goal).

That said I'd much prefer this to the last few Fifa's and its an enjoyable game, could even be quite good if all the old bullshit wasn't there. Things like tackles still falling back to the attacker, wrong pass selection etc... are all still there in droves, not to mention running fake shots allowing players to phase through defenders.
Maybe they could do something with it, but then they’ll have to reduce the auto block efficiency. Honestly I’d prefer if they just leave the game as it is. In FIFA 20 every update made the game worse. They fixed one thing and caused 3 new issues.

It has it flaws undoubtedly, but it’s something we should be able to live with. Tackling falling back to the attacker happens too often, although I’d argue it shouldn’t always be successful. People expect players like Klostermann to have impeccable tackling against players like Neymar. In real life tackles often fail. Also I reckon a lot of people complaining about tacking aren’t even aware of R1/RB tackling which is there for a reason. You can always grind your way towards Van Dijk who not only doesn’t miss any tackles but can also murder people and get away with it. Minor issues like running fake shots are silly, but it’s not difficult to counter it by abusing slide tackles or keep a little distance.

IMO this is the best gameplay since FIFA 13.

Chief123

Maybe they could do something with it, but then they’ll have to reduce the auto block efficiency. Honestly I’d prefer if they just leave the game as it is. In FIFA 20 every update made the game worse. They fixed one thing and caused 3 new issues.

It has it flaws undoubtedly, but it’s something we should be able to live with. Tackling falling back to the attacker happens too often, although I’d argue it shouldn’t always be successful. People expect players like Klostermann to have impeccable tackling against players like Neymar. In real life tackles often fail. Also I reckon a lot of people complaining about tacking aren’t even aware of R1/RB tackling which is there for a reason. You can always grind your way towards Van Dijk who not only doesn’t miss any tackles but can also murder people and get away with it. Minor issues like running fake shots are silly, but it’s not difficult to counter it by abusing slide tackles or keep a little distance.

Agreed. The game is brilliant this year. The skill gap is bigger as well and it really shows who’s good at fifa and who isn’t. Defending is an art. Not everyone is an artist.

TrustInJanuzaj

Agreed. The game is brilliant this year. The skill gap is bigger as well and it really shows who’s good at fifa and who isn’t. Defending is an art. Not everyone is an artist.
I’m not sure the skill gap feels wider. Feels like anyone can beat anyone with afew quick fire goals.

Chief123

I’m not sure the skill gap feels wider. Feels like anyone can beat anyone with afew quick fire goals.
Skill gap is definitely wider than last couple of years. I’m still able to maintain a similar win rate to last year but I’m able give a lot more thrashings this time and it’s clearer who knows how to defend and who doesn’t. Defending requires more skill than ever this year. Anyone can attack in this Fifa, until they come up against someone who can defend properly.

TrustInJanuzaj

Skill gap is definitely wider than last couple of years. I’m still able to maintain a similar win rate to last year but I’m able give a lot more thrashings this time and it’s clearer who knows how to defend and who doesn’t. Defending requires more skill than ever this year. Anyone can attack in this Fifa, until they come up against someone who can defend properly.
Yeh it’s hard to play against good defences I’ll say that. I just don’t really think it’s that skilful. Most of the games I’ve lost on ultimate team have purely been down to the opposition having some unbelievable meta players like Martial, Mbappe etc. They are just ridiculous this year.

padr81

Supports
Man City

For sure autoblocks need nerfing to balance things. It feels like last year's defensive ai told not to run. Makes for a much better game but it's essentially breaking one thing to avoid fixing core issues.

Still if nothing changes I'd take this all year over anything we've seen in years. My worry is when they patch it they'll kill it.

Nerfing auto blocks would also be another win because 1 depth drop back is becoming quite common again.

padr81

Supports
Man City
The skill gap is bigger and that's good, I'm getting and giving more hammerings, but that doesn't change the issues for me. Nerfing autoblocks would end 1 depth drop back and waking up cdm's would be a massive improvement and bump the skill gap even more. Also fixing reboundy tackles of course. Nothing will convince me there is not still dda either, but thankfully there is a skill gap to stop it completely murdering games, dishing out unfair comebacks.

MuFc_1992

Is it just me or is the grass really gray and dull looking in this game?

Acole9

Outstanding
Just made 10k each on three average Premier League players and I have no idea how and why. One of which was Phil Jones :lol: Imagine paying 10k for him! If anyone asks why I had him it's because he was in one of my packs at the start of the game.