Gaming FIFA 21

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Any chance any time soon Ultimate team will be removed due to the gambling nature of it ?
I’d love that to be honest.

Remove the entire random purchasing nature of it make the probabilities of players explicit not less than 1% etc and be honest with the target audience

evil_geko

I haven't bought a footy game since FIFA 15 I think, or maybe FIFA 14, I can't even remember, I might give in for the new one so here's hoping they don't feck it up.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I haven't bought a footy game since FIFA 15 I think, or maybe FIFA 14, I can't even remember, I might give in for the new one so here's hoping they don't feck it up.
Getting it every 5-6 years isn't so bad. It's like buying a new GTA... Oh wait.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
One of the great mysteries of modern times is why people keep buying this shite.

It even looks 10 years out of date.

Adamsk7

I think they should split them in to two games tbh. I have never and will never play Ultimate team and buy FIFA solely to play with mates and get stuck in to a career mode or two. Those features have been severely lacking whilst EA put their resources in to their money maker (UT). The core gameplay and graphics, which should be no.1, have taken a serious back burner for far too long

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I would be genuinely shocked if this happened.
It’s the only way I would buy it. I’m sick of having to invent my own rules. No reactions to anything, no immersion, no details and I’m able to pick up Gotze, Savic, Sane to play in League One. No thanks. This is 2020, it should be far more evolved than this.

There are so many good games around, and I will stick to FM for what I want. EA know where the constant flow of cash is, so I’m out.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
fifa 20 was actually pretty good, bar ultimate team. The actual gameplay on normal seasons and career mode was good.

Hope they ban packs or do something with them next year. It’s pretty ridiculous that it’s allowed in a game for kids really. They really need to change the pack weighting as well, it’s ridiculous that you can spend £100 and get an 85 at best. I wound up spending like £1500 or something this year :lol: I know people who spent way more than that too, must be crazy how much they make.

Thankfully my mate is a Pro footballer so he’s letting me use his account next year, will get his 99 card + 3 icons of my choice. Will save me a lot of pain and money although will probably get even more abuse in messages.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
fifa 20 was actually pretty good, bar ultimate team. The actual gameplay on normal seasons and career mode was good.

Hope they ban packs or do something with them next year. It’s pretty ridiculous that it’s allowed in a game for kids really. They really need to change the pack weighting as well, it’s ridiculous that you can spend £100 and get an 85 at best. I wound up spending like £1500 or something this year :lol: I know people who spent way more than that too, must be crazy how much they make.

Thankfully my mate is a Pro footballer so he’s letting me use his account next year, will get his 99 card + 3 icons of my choice. Will save me a lot of pain and money although will probably get even more abuse in messages.
I mean you need to say who it is now.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Why would you moan about packs when you’ve spent that much. Surely people realise if they want innovation on this game they need to respond with their wallets and not just feed the ultimate team hype.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I mean you need to say who it is now.
:lol: I’ll say if I manage to get it all sorted for the new one. Guys agent said it’s just a case of sending an email. He’s lower league in England.
Why would you moan about packs when you’ve spent that much. Surely people realise if they want innovation on this game they need to respond with their wallets and not just feed the ultimate team hype.
Yeah I’m well aware I’m fully part of the problem on why things won’t change. I’m not even a big fan of the game, either are my mates. Played it loads of course but don’t think it’s a good fifa game.
I do think most people are getting fed up of the UT system now though, don’t really know anyone who likes the current state of it. I won’t be spending money on it next year.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
:lol: I’ll say if I manage to get it all sorted for the new one. Guys agent said it’s just a case of sending an email. He’s lower league in England.

Yeah I’m well aware I’m fully part of the problem on why things won’t change. I’m not even a big fan of the game, either are my mates. Played it loads of course but don’t think it’s a good fifa game.
I do think most people are getting fed up of the UT system now though, don’t really know anyone who likes the current state of it. I won’t be spending money on it next year.
Yeah I'd agree with this, a lot of people seem to be fed up of it.

Me and my mate have played religiously for years, spending stupid money and hours on it. Something just twigged this year with how crap it was and none of us spent a penny or played for very long.

Wal2Fra

UT is too powerful for EA to even think about adding anything except the odd new cut scene into career mode.

If laws come into play in regards to loot boxes, they will easily move around it buy opening the option to buy players individually. So people will still end up with the same players but in a more direct route than opening pack after pack. Packs would only be useful for the cannon fodder to throw into SBC challenges. Ea still make their money and remove the gambling aspect and UT continues.

I would love to see a BAP career like you find in the NBA 2K games. Really in depth, plenty of cut scenes and the neighbourhood as a way of interacting with other players (could link to pro clubs or 5 a side gameplay) and they can use fifa points like 2ks VC.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
UT is too powerful for EA to even think about adding anything except the odd new cut scene into career mode.

If laws come into play in regards to loot boxes, they will easily move around it buy opening the option to buy players individually. So people will still end up with the same players but in a more direct route than opening pack after pack. Packs would only be useful for the cannon fodder to throw into SBC challenges. Ea still make their money and remove the gambling aspect and UT continues.

I would love to see a BAP career like you find in the NBA 2K games. Really in depth, plenty of cut scenes and the neighbourhood as a way of interacting with other players (could link to pro clubs or 5 a side gameplay) and they can use fifa points like 2ks VC.
It should have always been you buy the player when released for coins or they are unlocked by in game challenges. The random nature is gambling with children.

Wal2Fra

It should have always been you buy the player when released for coins or they are unlocked by in game challenges. The random nature is gambling with children.
I agree with it should have always been (or infact it should never have been about money at all.) game challenges & tournaments should always be the way to earn packs or players but once the money started rolling in, only law will stop it.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I remember when the journey was first released there was talk about it being a road towards this type of career. It would probably be the only thing to get me back playing career to be honest.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea

Nah they wouldn’t. People wouldn’t pay the upfront cash for a player. The rush is in the packs really. I wouldn’t pay £300 up front for a Messi, I doubt anyone would. You’d realise how stupid it is spending the money and there would be no rush from opening packs.
They would probably find a workaround though I agree.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This was the one thing I liked about NBA when I tried it. It’s a shame Fifa is nowhere near that level.

Wal2Fra

Nah they wouldn’t. People wouldn’t pay the upfront cash for a player. The rush is in the packs really. I wouldn’t pay £300 up front for a Messi, I doubt anyone would. You’d realise how stupid it is spending the money and there would be no rush from opening packs.
They would probably find a workaround though I agree.
The prices wouldn't be that high. They would have prices that they could get away with that people would pay. The peos who need the strongest teams a'd kids would be asking for money for Messi instead of money for packs. So they would still make their cash, less though but I guess they would make special cards available to purchase too.

This was the one thing I liked about NBA when I tried it. It’s a shame Fifa is nowhere near that level.
EA have been getting alot of bad press, even from those who have made a career out of the game. Maybe they wouldn't go down this route but they will know that they will need to add something different to bring people bavk on board

AaronRedDevil

Great fifa/Madden trailer. :rolleyes:
Can already FEEL the bullshit they trying to sell on. "Guys, you can hear them breath".

Bojan11

No cross play

No new engine

FUT and volta progress will be carried over to next gen consoles. But Pro clubs won’t.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Out October 9th and basically no other details apart from you can upgrade to the PS5/Xbox Series X for free.

Norris

Atleast they could have done a Covid edition with stadiums being empty.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I mean the trailers are always completely pointless. You can't tell a single thing from them.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
How can football games benefit from next generation technology?

The two expectations and most notable things will be load times and maintaining 60fps at 4k resolution.

I hope we can see a reduction in glitches which EA largely seem to gloss over, along with improvements to AI. I want to see and to ridiculous skill exploits, nobody should be able to juggle the ball from the halfway line and finish it off with a bicycle kick because my defender can't get within a mile of the attacker.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
How can football games benefit from next generation technology?

The two expectations and most notable things will be load times and maintaining 60fps at 4k resolution.

I hope we can see a reduction in glitches which EA largely seem to gloss over, along with improvements to AI. I want to see and to ridiculous skill exploits, nobody should be able to juggle the ball from the halfway line and finish it off with a bicycle kick because my defender can't get within a mile of the attacker.
Football games became worse when being able to do loads of skills became a thing in my opinion.