Gaming FIFA 21

acnumber9

They’ve basically turned Ultimate Team into a part time job to be able to compete. The idea of it is great, but the way you have to play it is terrible.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Entertainment? Is that what'd you'd call it? :lol:

How'd you go about selling you coins btw?
Well, I call it entertainment as I wanna be a positive person :lol:
https://www.fifacoins21.com/
I just went on here, spoke to their online chat. They take my login details and transfer the coins over a period of time and then pay me once done (Obviously I could get scammed, but I've done it twice in the past and they've paid)

My only warning would be. The time I've done it, my account has been banned for online play, but at this point, that doesn't bother me

Adcuth

Broke another controller. Bullshit this game at times. Not playing again for a while

Acole9

Outstanding
They’ve basically turned Ultimate Team into a part time job to be able to compete. The idea of it is great, but the way you have to play it is terrible.
That's why I've given up and moved to career mode, much more enjoyable.

wr8_utd

:'(
Playing Fifa and FUT after years. Those who play this regularly, what sort of market crash, if any, are you expecting once the TOTY cards are out? Is it worth waiting for the crash, if it comes?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I just can't stand the gameplay this year to the point I'm really annoyed I sold FIFA 18 and deleted my saves. In my career mode, I'm playing as Legrones in the second tier of Spanish football and my loan striker has scored 45 goals in 36 games despite the fact he's pretty crap. I have conceded the most goals in the league by far and still most of my games end up 3-2, 2-1, 4-3 etc. I think they have fundamentally broken and ruined midfield this year. The AI just doesn't do anything, I just can't play a realistic game of football while my CDM is unable to track a simple run. I've messed around with sliders, game pace, formations etc but nothing can solve that fundamental issue, its really frustrating as the game looks and plays brilliantly on next-gen but the gameplay is the worst since FIFA 15.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I think you have to simply be happy with whatever level you reach, I'm a Division 3/4 player and to be honest I am more than happy with that. Il never reach Division 1 or likely 2 and I am really not that bothered

acnumber9

I think you have to simply be happy with whatever level you reach, I'm a Division 3/4 player and to be honest I am more than happy with that. Il never reach Division 1 or likely 2 and I am really not that bothered
Yeah, I was Division 3 too, and not really going anywhere but if you miss playing it for a couple of weeks you come back to Mbappe and Eusebio up front against you every game. Not to mention having to play every single game against a version of Raphael Varane that is basically a wall in front of goal. It’s just not fun.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
I enjoy ultimate team in the fact that I spend next to nothing on packs and I've built a very solid team that can easily compete with the mbappe, eusabios based teams.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Ultimate Team will be great when lootbox content is finally banned and the mode adopts the Fortnite "battle pass" type method. That's when the fun will return.

Sara125

Heard Fifa 21 is crap on the switch can anyone attest to this? Was thinking of getting it since my PS4 been stuck in safe mode since 21 came out so haven’t had a chance to play it on there
Update: Got Fifa 20, but yes, yes it is that bad.

Dan_F

Can anyone give advice on what usually happens with market prices during TOTS? For example, I want to buy Kante and Mbappe, I have £700k and a base Sanchez icon to sell (going for around £300k right now).

So I’m currently still around £100k short, but I’m sure I’ll get enough in my saved packs to get up to that amount. I have been saving those packs to get more of a chance of getting a TOTS card (I know I won’t), But will the likes of Mbappe rise or fall during TOTS, and should I sell Sanchez before any falling in price?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Can anyone give advice on what usually happens with market prices during TOTS? For example, I want to buy Kante and Mbappe, I have £700k and a base Sanchez icon to sell (going for around £300k right now).

So I’m currently still around £100k short, but I’m sure I’ll get enough in my saved packs to get up to that amount. I have been saving those packs to get more of a chance of getting a TOTS card (I know I won’t), But will the likes of Mbappe rise or fall during TOTS, and should I sell Sanchez before any falling in price?
Prices are generally lower during tots and go back up after albeit not a full rebound. Kante might go as low as 150k on ps4 and Mbappe 800k but they won't fall much more than that.

No Love

Update: Got Fifa 20, but yes, yes it is that bad.
You pretty much have FIFA 21 then, through virtue of having FIFA 20. I remember reading this description from the Nintendo eStore around launch:

“FIFA 21 Legacy Edition will feature the same gameplay innovation from FIFA 20 without any new development or significant enhancements.“

Actually scandalous, when you think about it.

Dan_F

Prices are generally lower during tots and go back up after albeit not a full rebound. Kante might go as low as 150k on ps4 and Mbappe 800k but they won't fall much more than that.
Thanks. I can see they’ve fallen quite a bit already. Worth waiting until the packs are released, or should I pull the trigger beforehand?

Chief123

Playing Fifa and FUT after years. Those who play this regularly, what sort of market crash, if any, are you expecting once the TOTY cards are out? Is it worth waiting for the crash, if it comes?
If you are looking to buy players, then definitely worth waiting for the crash as you will get huge discounts on players. Prices have already been dropping significantly.

Chief123

I should have got elite finish this weekend but the scripting is so funny. I’m not one that gets angry with the game, I just laugh with how blatant it is.

I finished on 21 wins but I honestly should have won 25 at least. 4 losses were so badly scripted it was a joke. But then there were games where I had the script in my favour and blitzed opponents within 20 mins who were actually decent.

I’m not sure how much longer I’ll play fut champs as it’s got to the point where you are playing against the handicap rather than the opponent. :lol:

Sara125

You pretty much have FIFA 21 then, through virtue of having FIFA 20. I remember reading this description from the Nintendo eStore around launch:

“FIFA 21 Legacy Edition will feature the same gameplay innovation from FIFA 20 without any new development or significant enhancements.“

Actually scandalous, when you think about it.
Yeah, saw that. They actually haven’t developed it since Fifa 19. What’s criminal is that they still sell it for the standard £44.99+ Price. Greedy cnuts.

Dan_F

If you are looking to buy players, then definitely worth waiting for the crash as you will get huge discounts on players. Prices have already been dropping significantly.
So you’d recommend waiting further till TOTY players are available in packs? I just don’t want to miss the opportunity and prices start going back up.

padr81

Supports
Man City
So you’d recommend waiting further till TOTY players are available in packs? I just don’t want to miss the opportunity and prices start going back up.
For sure. Once toty are in packs people will be opening packs to the tune of millions per hour, so the supply will drive the prices down. Personally I don't think they'll drop too much more but the market has been crazy this year so you never know. I'd wait, when they release toty attackers is when prices are likely to be cheapest.

Chief123

Waiting till at least the first TOTY packs are out makes sense. That’s around as cheap as it’ll get before the bounce. Don’t forget the TOTY players get released slowly each week. Normally GKs first then week after Defenders etc.

Dan_F

Waiting till at least the first TOTY packs are out makes sense. That’s around as cheap as it’ll get before the bounce. Don’t forget the TOTY players get released slowly each week. Normally GKs first then week after Defenders etc.
Is it per week, that’s really drawn out, but I shouldn’t be surprised. I haven’t played Ultimate Team since Fifa 17, so it’s been a case of learning as I go this year.

Chief123

Is it per week, that’s really drawn out, but I shouldn’t be surprised. I haven’t played Ultimate Team since Fifa 17, so it’s been a case of learning as I go this year.
I can’t remember exactly the phased process but it’s normally GKs and defenders first. Then midfielders week after. Then forwards final week.

wr8_utd

:'(
For sure. Once toty are in packs people will be opening packs to the tune of millions per hour, so the supply will drive the prices down. Personally I don't think they'll drop too much more but the market has been crazy this year so you never know. I'd wait, when they release toty attackers is when prices are likely to be cheapest.
They've already dropped so much which is why I'm not sure if I should wait more or not. The likes of Kante, VVD, Mane, Salah etc in the PL have really dropped over the months.

ovoxo

Dan_F

TOTY is a bit dead. Attackers and an objective Suarez. No SBC's at all :lol:
Surely they’re going to add something for SBC’s. Surprised they released the attackers first. I’ll probably open all my saved packs tonight, then when I get feck all, I’ll just buy all the players I was going to get anyway.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Surely they’re going to add something for SBC’s. Surprised they released the attackers first. I’ll probably open all my saved packs tonight, then when I get feck all, I’ll just buy all the players I was going to get anyway.
Flasback Ribery has just been released. Way too expensive IMO. Around 800-900k

Dan_F

Don’t suppose anyone on PS4 wants to play an online friendly to get that silver objective? I don’t have any PS4 friends that play fifa. Bit of a shit objective :lol:

Eddy_JukeZ

Managed to qualify for the broadcast event in North America(top 6 secured).

Very happy. Still disappointed with the path EA have taken with the game.

passing-wind

The game is garbage. EA would be better off releasing a product after testing and renouncing any future game updates to gameplay after launch.

Same cycle every year,
1. comes out
2. is semi decent at launch
3. few updates in, point 2 becomes non existent and the user experience is ruined.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Went from 10 wins 4 losses to 15 wins 14 losses. I needed 5 wins from 12 games just to get Gold 2 and i lost 9 of those. My form dived and constantly played teams who had players playing at 100% while mine ran with weights on their ankle. Im sick of this game.

LonelyFire

Managed to qualify for the broadcast event in North America(top 6 secured).

Very happy. Still disappointed with the path EA have taken with the game.
Congrats on the qualifier mate!

On the game, I honestly think we’ve reached a worse point than anything in 19 or 20 with this latest patch. Given what went on in 20, it’s genuinely hard to write that but this is now awful. I’m playing games in Div 1 with neither side barely creating a chance. It’s so slow.

iammemphis

@Eddy_JukeZ @LonelyFire Can i ask your advice guys? Ive got a largely untradeable team snd im trying to think of the formation to use. I haven't got ANY wide players.

C.Ronaldo and UCL Muriel.

Then Sif Pogba, mid Pirlo, mid Ballack

Duncan 83, Mid Gattusso, Kante

Then a back 4 of Mendy, Gomez, Virgil and Semedo.

I started very well with 442(2) before i packed Pogba, Kante, Gatusso and Pirlo. At this point i was using IF A.Gomez and Dybala on wings, Ballack and Ducan CDM . Now ive been screwed over in the two icon SBCs i did with and another untradeable DM in Kante.

Should i bench the above? I finished awfully in WL with pogba and pirlo wide cams in a 4222 or 4312. Any detailed tactical ways i should be playing? (See drop back, 2 depth and width etc?). Should i try and get some wingers in and drop Gatusso and Duncan? Ronaldo is untradeable and i only have 100k coins left :o. I didn't play the game for 2 months and then i came back briefly and packed Ronaldo in the 83x25 which i did. I got 15 wins this WL but like i say i was 10w 3L to beging with.

LonelyFire

@Eddy_JukeZ @LonelyFire Can i ask your advice guys? Ive got a largely untradeable team snd im trying to think of the formation to use. I haven't got ANY wide players.

I started very well with 442(2) before i packed Pogba, Kante, Gatusso and Pirlo. At this point i was using IF A.Gomez and Dybala on wings, Ballack and Ducan CDM . Now ive been screwed over in the two icon SBCs i did with and another untradeable DM in Kante.

Should i bench the above? I finished awfully in WL with pogba and pirlo wide cams in a 4222 or 4312. Any detailed tactical ways i should be playing? (See drop back, 2 depth and width etc?). Should i try and get some wingers in and drop Gatusso and Duncan? Ronaldo is untradeable and i only have 100k coins left :o. I didn't play the game for 2 months and then i came back briefly and packed Ronaldo in the 83x25 which i did. I got 15 wins this WL but like i say i was 10w 3L to beging with.
Sorry mate, just seen this. Straight 442 in game is good so I’d stick with that. Back 4 is fine. I’d go Kante/Ballack in midfield personally but Pogba with the 5* is tempting. Ballack has better work rates so he gets my vote. CR7 has to play striker and I wouldn’t play Dybala wide so I think you’ll need to look at some budget options.

pablo__p

I've been always playing Seasons and nothing else. After devastating reviews I read back in Q4 2020 I decided against buying FIFA 21.

Has anything changed in the interim? Is it playable now?

Eddy_JukeZ

Definitely try and get some wingers in for 442. Dybala is too slow out wide. Gomez is fine there, but not ideal. Haven't looked at the market lately, so not sure what options are there with 100k coins.

You can just go balanced-balanced for tactics.

iammemphis

Definitely try and get some wingers in for 442. Dybala is too slow out wide. Gomez is fine there, but not ideal. Haven't looked at the market lately, so not sure what options are there with 100k coins.

You can just go balanced-balanced for tactics.
Even Dybala's new card?