Gaming FIFA 21

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Started playing Clubs with my mates again recently, I can't finish for toffee. Is there some secret tip to finishing I'm missing out on? I've been fine every other FIFA but I'm rubbish at this one.

JP77

Has anybody ever had any connection issues on Ultimate Team this year? Was playing completely fine last night, gone to play a quick game today and it's kicking me off straight after it shows me the opponents team and attempts to go into the game. Just says that I've lost the connection to the EA Servers. I've tried Divisions and Friendlies, no luck at all. I've restarted the console, still nothing. It's letting me play games on Seasons so nothing to do with my connection, seems to be a FUT bug or issue?

IrishRick

Has anybody ever had any connection issues on Ultimate Team this year? Was playing completely fine last night, gone to play a quick game today and it's kicking me off straight after it shows me the opponents team and attempts to go into the game. Just says that I've lost the connection to the EA Servers. I've tried Divisions and Friendlies, no luck at all. I've restarted the console, still nothing. It's letting me play games on Seasons so nothing to do with my connection, seems to be a FUT bug or issue?
Ya I am having this issue all day. Can play squad battles and thats it

Edit: The moment I kicked off in squad battles it went. So its all a no go today

wr8_utd

:'(
There's been an issue with Ultimate Teams today and EA has acknowledged it.

Wal2Fra

Does anyone have this on the Switch? I am just wondering how the online play is. I assume that FUT is dead, with fewer numbers so a much quieter market? How about online seasons, is there much activity there?

IrishRick

Once I have icon swaps where do I actually go to trade them in?
It's part of the Squad Building Challenges. Few different options in there. So don't waste some Icon Swaps on one and not have enough for another. Weigh it up to what suits your team

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Once I have icon swaps where do I actually go to trade them in?

It's all risk but I'd recommend doing the 25 83+ one as I got some amazing pulls from that. No other pack is worth it tbh.

Unrelated note but I Just played against Allan Saint-maximim the Newcastle player on Division rivals he beat me 5-3.

I've played a couple of pro footballers this year.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
It's all risk but I'd recommend doing the 25 83+ one as I got some amazing pulls from that. No other pack is worth it tbh.

Unrelated note but I Just played against Allan Saint-maximim the Newcastle player on Division rivals he beat me 5-3.

I've played a couple of pro footballers this year.
Mine was absolute dogshit - Chiellini as the highest rated player.

IrishRick

cheers mate,

what do you think is the best value for tokens?
The actual icons you can get directly are all awful. Probably the best value is the 91+ prime icon pack for 14 swaps?
I got all the icons first time round and did something like TheMagicFoolBus said here. I split them into 2 separate squad swaps and got Shevchenko and another 80 something plus pack which gave me a fantastic player but I can't remember who. So this time round I'll get the 9 and may go for Ashley Cole or split em into 2 squads and see what I end up with

wr8_utd

:'(
I don't find the tokens really worth the icons that are available. The 83+ 25 player packs are pretty good imo and a lot of people get some really good stuff in it. Though again, pack luck is so random that I've pulled a Ramos TOTY, Prime Makelele and Prime Crespo from pretty average packs like Mega Packs or below.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can any Fifa peeps help me out. Been playing online with a friend but suddenly it’s gone all jittery and it will freeze every 10 seconds or so. We are getting some icons pop up in red which indicate jitter and ping I think.

I just tried playing someone else online to make sure it was me and it seems so.

Those are the two icons I got when I played online against someone else.

My internet connection is great. Just did a speed test and it’s 66mps. I’ve played other online games with no issues and it’s just started happening recently.

acnumber9

My internet connection is great. Just did a speed test and it’s 66mps.
It’s not the speed that would be the problem. It’s the ping. Though FIFA’s servers are shocking so it probably still isn’t your internet’s fault.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It’s not the speed that would be the problem. It’s the ping. Though FIFA’s servers are shocking so it probably still isn’t your internet’s fault.
My mate played online fine he said though but as soon as he plays me it gets those jitters.

acnumber9

My mate played online fine he said though but as soon as he plays me it gets those jitters.
Are you wired? When I still played wireless it was always awful. Went wired and it made a huge difference. But my wifi signal is terrible.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Can any Fifa peeps help me out. Been playing online with a friend but suddenly it’s gone all jittery and it will freeze every 10 seconds or so. We are getting some icons pop up in red which indicate jitter and ping I think.

I just tried playing someone else online to make sure it was me and it seems so.

My internet connection is great. Just did a speed test and it’s 66mps. I’ve played other online games with no issues and it’s just started happening recently.
Server issues, mines has had the same issues recently on Ultimate Team and Seasons. Only happened the last 24-48 hours and my connection is fine. Borderline unplayable.

On a side note, Ultimate Team is dying more and more each year. Content is becoming exceptionally poor this year as well as pack weight seeming to be even lower than ever. I've pretty much stopped playing despite having a team worth about 20 million, just nothing at all anymore to keep people playing. Every single thing is now geared towards pushing you towards spending money on FP. Terrible ICON SBC's as well as dire Icon Swaps. Game needs a massive overhaul asap but will never happen until FP are banned. Aside from the content, it's probably the most enjoyable game play for me in a FIFA for a few years, finished just outside top 200 a few times on Weekend League but good gameplay isn't enough on it's own to keep me playing. Lockdown probably hasn't helped in terms of overplaying it but really hoping for them to change tact and go back to SBC's from 18/19.

Eddy_JukeZ

Revenue keeps going up, so don't expect too many changes @Spiersey

Also I recall plenty of people(not here) complaining about good players getting good teams too easily in FIFA 17/18

Eddy_JukeZ

Managed to make another broadcast event for this Sunday.

Want to win it really bad.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How do I fix the ping? I’m guessing an Ethernet cable would help?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah try a wired connection before you do anything else.
Just ordered one. I've had this before many Fifas ago. I was getting disconnected in games and it was punishing me for quitting when I wasn't. Had to run an ethernet cable from my Dad's WFH office to my bedroom :lol:

Now it'll just piss off my gf with another fecking cable running through the house, as we are both WFH now.

Seems to purely be a Fifa thing and the way it connects with a router. Never had it for any other games.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Just ordered one. I've had this before many Fifas ago. I was getting disconnected in games and it was punishing me for quitting when I wasn't. Had to run an ethernet cable from my Dad's WFH office to my bedroom :lol:

Now it'll just piss off my gf with another fecking cable running through the house, as we are both WFH now.

Seems to purely be a Fifa thing and the way it connects with a router. Never had it for any other games.
You can try getting a wi-fi extender and running an ethernet cable from that - it's obviously counter-intuitive, but that's what I'm doing currently and I don't really have any ping issues. Historically though I've gotten stuttering at times as well when I'm on wi-fi.

Dan_F

There’s an option to have the ping displayed on the screen. It doesn’t solve it, but at least you can see what’s going on.

acnumber9

How do I fix the ping? I’m guessing an Ethernet cable would help?
Yeah, my hub was too far away for that so I got a power line adaptor. The difference has been huge. You can get them for about £30.

ben_united

Yeah, my hub was too far away for that so I got a power line adaptor. The difference has been huge. You can get them for about £30.
Can you get a powerline adaptor as well as a booster? So hardware that wasn't wired via ethernet cables would be decent too?

acnumber9

Can you get a powerline adaptor as well as a booster? So hardware that wasn't wired via ethernet cables would be decent too?
I haven’t tried but I don’t see why not. You can get Power line adaptors that do both as far as I’m aware.

Bojan11

EA employees are cashing in. 1700 for a player? Crazy how FUT has gone.

LonelyFire

I don’t think this is anything new. This has been going on a long time - we’re just seeing proof for the first time.

Dan_F

Similar thing to what happened at Nike really.

On a side note, I still have 2 million coins in my PS4 account. Every selling site I see seems dodgy as feck.

Anyone got any ideas what to do with it, other than going on and making random players day in the transfer market?

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
It is absolutely ridiculous that anyone outside of pro players would spend over £1000 on a couple of virtual cards that will be completley redundant in 6 months time. So stupid

edgecutter

It is absolutely ridiculous that anyone outside of pro players would spend over £1000 on a couple of virtual cards that will be completley redundant in 6 months time. So stupid
The amount of money people spend on fifa points each month would make your eyes water. There are kids woho have spend 1000s of their parents money on this game and nearly every kid at christmas asks for fifa points, it's mental. I can imagine there are plenty f whales willing to offer that kind of money for these players.

Feck loot boxes

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Its gambling, its addictive and its wrong, it should have an 18 rating simply for that reason.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Its gambling, its addictive and its wrong, it should have an 18 rating simply for that reason.
Buying packs with fifa points is gambling. Buying prime icon moments cards outright for over £1000 isn't gambling, it's either addiction, stupidity, or someone with too much money.

But I agree that there needs to be way more regulation. It's a disgrace how UT operates. EA might actually be forced to make a good game if loot boxes are banned.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Virtual loot boxes & gachapon tickets are the easiest way to hide gambling these days. Just put shiny things that players could get through luck and slap an affordable price for a chance to 'roll'. Who would not be tempted to try at least once if you really like the game? but after that first time, lets do another one, and another one, and another one.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Buying packs with fifa points is gambling. Buying prime icon moments cards outright for over £1000 isn't gambling, it's either addiction, stupidity, or someone with too much money.

But I agree that there needs to be way more regulation. It's a disgrace how UT operates. EA might actually be forced to make a good game if loot boxes are banned.
Totally agree, its just surprising how all these loot box games are allowed to get away with it, considering how much regulation there is in traditional gambling. It just goes to show how little the powers that be understand of these games, EA especially basically set the odds on the packs with no outside monitoring of said odds. Initially they convert your currency into a fictional currency of Fifa Points in order to try and disguise how much you are spending, then they put time limits on purchases of some premium packs, then they entice you further buy saying higher end players are only available at certain times, its nothing short of a racket.