Gaming FIFA 21

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Rooney 93 in SBC. :drool:
250 appearances and 400 goals later. Best SBC ever for half a million coins. 200+ assists too.

Scored 11 goals in rivals in a single game with him once. Felt for the other guy a tiny bit. :lol:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I've totally given up on Ultimate team, the shits more scripted than EastEnders. I got to a kind of breaking point with FIFA last year truth be told and if it weren't for the lockdowns wouldn't have even bothered this year.

Decided to start a Sunderland career mode to pass the time in lockdown, Chelsea ones aren't fun anymore now they've done the youth development part for me.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I've totally given up on Ultimate team, the shits more scripted than EastEnders. I got to a kind of breaking point with FIFA last year truth be told and if it weren't for the lockdowns wouldn't have even bothered this year.

Decided to start a Sunderland career mode to pass the time in lockdown, Chelsea ones aren't fun anymore now they've done the youth development part for me.
Why so?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Part of the fun after winning the initial titles was slowly building the next great side largely from the academy (it's the main thing that keep a it fun after you've won).

With Mount, James etc the bulk of the next team is already there and already well developed.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Part of the fun after winning the initial titles was slowly building the next great side largely from the academy (it's the main thing that keep a it fun after you've won).

With Mount, James etc the bulk of the next team is already there and already well developed.
Oh I see. I thought you meant there was a change to the game - developed youth system or something generally - that made you dislike it.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
250 appearances and 400 goals later. Best SBC ever for half a million coins. 200+ assists too.

Scored 11 goals in rivals in a single game with him once. Felt for the other guy a tiny bit. :lol:

Went straight into messi potm for me and don't regret it one bit.

He's took me from Div 4 to Div 1.

Paxi

Went straight into messi potm for me and don't regret it one bit.

He's took me from Div 4 to Div 1.
I’m going to do the same to be honest. Have Busi, Kroos, Headliners Benzema. Not doing Messi would be a sin. Will probably stick my SBC Keane icon in it too.. or is that too far? :nervous:

dannyrhinos89

I’m going to do the same to be honest. Have Busi, Kroos, Headliners Benzema. Not doing Messi would be a sin. Will probably stick my SBC Keane icon in it too.. or is that too far? :nervous:

Considering I put my untradable TOTY neuer in I'd say nothings off limits. Although he's the worst keeper in the game. So I was more than happy to, I'm using normal oblak now and he's so much better.

Using toty neuer and the Rooney took the price down significantly with all my other fodder I only ended up paying about 150k.

Not bad for a card that's a cheat code just finesse from anywhere on his left foot and it'll go in.

Paxi

Considering I put my untradable TOTY neuer in I'd say nothings off limits. Although he's the worst keeper in the game. So I was more than happy to, I'm using normal oblak now and he's so much better.

Using toty neuer and the Rooney took the price down significantly with all my other fodder I only ended up paying about 150k.
That's really a good price. How does he play? I've pumped Headliners Mahrez in already and a red Weghorst. I'll empty my club if need be and just keep Kroos, Benzema, Busi.

Re keepers. ter Stegen is the best I've used -- makes ridiculous saves for me. Used Hart and he's weirdly realistic -- inconsistent as feck. One phase of play makes an amazing save and then the very next gets butter fingers. Alisson was good for me too.

dannyrhinos89

That's really a good price. How does he play? I've pumped Headliners Mahrez in already and a red Weghorst. I'll empty my club if need be and just keep Kroos, Benzema, Busi.

Re keepers. ter Stegen is the best I've used -- makes ridiculous saves for me. Used Hart and he's weirdly realistic -- inconsistent as feck. One phase of play makes an amazing save and then the very next gets butter fingers. Alisson was good for me too.

Its a big commitment putting in high rated cards but He's amazing so well worth it. I just see it as There won't be many players that are better than him get released for the rest of fifa. He's definately an end game card.

it did take me a couple of matches to get used to him but when I did he is now unstoppable. Like I said earlier he's basically taken me to division 1 from div 4 With his goals and assists.

wr8_utd

:'(
Considered doing the Messi POTM but it's just way too expensive for me and I definitely can't dump the likes of my Rooney SBC into it. Did do the Nedved Prime Moments SBC which was extremely cheap due to my fodder + the market crash. He's absolutely brilliant as well.

predator

Youth NITK
I think I've had it with this game. I'm playing weekend league and every single player has several icons, mbappe, icon ronaldo, neymar, and 95plus pace full backs.

What is the point? They've completely ruined it. My best player is 93 Rooney and that was the first time I've ever done a sbc and I've been playing fifa since 2003!

Also, why am I also so shit at this game and have been for the past 3 or 4 editions? I remember between the ages of 18 - 21 I was playing in division 1 on divisions on fifa 15, 16 and 17. Now I'm struggling to get above division 5 and get 8 wins on weekend league.

I either am doing something terribly wrong with custom tactics, general play or have simply grown too old and miserable enough to spend that much time and effort getting such a good team.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
How anyone can enjoy playing a game where you’re not all playing the same game I have no idea.

I’ve written a snarky comment or two in this thread every now and again. Normally after watching my brother play a few games when I’ve been to see him.

Honestly, I still don’t get it. I never will. That is all.

predator

Youth NITK
Do you only get the good players in packs by playing that fut championship thing?
After 50 fut champions wins you get a rare jumbo gold players pack and I happened to get mbappe and casemiro in it. My pack luck hasn't been great this year but its unbelievable how I've just packed him after complaining that everyone has in fut champs.

Maybe the more you play fut champions the better the pack chances become. Not sure but I will take it despite not having anywhere really for him to play without fecking my chemistry up.

Dan_F

I think I've had it with this game. I'm playing weekend league and every single player has several icons, mbappe, icon ronaldo, neymar, and 95plus pace full backs.

What is the point? They've completely ruined it. My best player is 93 Rooney and that was the first time I've ever done a sbc and I've been playing fifa since 2003!

Also, why am I also so shit at this game and have been for the past 3 or 4 editions? I remember between the ages of 18 - 21 I was playing in division 1 on divisions on fifa 15, 16 and 17. Now I'm struggling to get above division 5 and get 8 wins on weekend league.

I either am doing something terribly wrong with custom tactics, general play or have simply grown too old and miserable enough to spend that much time and effort getting such a good team.
I was basically exactly the same. I think it’s hard to forget years of game play. I played 13-17 religiously, then played 19 on seasons only. I found that I just couldn’t play 21 on Ultimate Team.

After putting in a lot of game time I ended in division 4, but had little interest in learning how to chain fake shots and step overs. The team quality isn’t the issue, it’s 100% style of play.

Best thing I did was sell the game for £25 on eBay before it dropped to about £2 value.

Adcuth

After 50 fut champions wins you get a rare jumbo gold players pack and I happened to get mbappe and casemiro in it. My pack luck hasn't been great this year but its unbelievable how I've just packed him after complaining that everyone has in fut champs.

Maybe the more you play fut champions the better the pack chances become. Not sure but I will take it despite not having anywhere really for him to play without fecking my chemistry up.
Bench him, keep the chem high and bring him on in-game

predator

Youth NITK
Cab anyone help me?

Basically I've got two untradable mbappes. I use one of them in my team but now I have another one which won't let me open packs until I quick sell him. Is there a way yo keep him to use another time for a sbc?

acnumber9

Cab anyone help me?

Basically I've got two untradable mbappes. I use one of them in my team but now I have another one which won't let me open packs until I quick sell him. Is there a way yo keep him to use another time for a sbc?
No, you just have to bite the bullet.

Dan_F

Cab anyone help me?

I think you can use the quick sell recover. So quick sell him, then do a SBC with the current card and recover the other one that you quick sold.

Kinda risky in case you get EA’d somehow.

Paxi

Any tips how to get into top 200 in WL. I’m meandering between anywhere gold or elite as it doesn’t really matter. I go on 7-8 win steaks and then it’s like I cannot do anything to counteract.

RonaldoVII

That's too much of an open question. Maybe try scoring more or conceding less? ;)

Meanwhile I lost my last 3 games and missed out on gold 1 by 1 win. Had next to no chance in any of them games either. May just stop at gold 3 each weekend now. Rewards are always shite anyway, apart from for my opponents.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
How anyone can enjoy playing a game where you’re not all playing the same game I have no idea.

I’ve written a snarky comment or two in this thread every now and again. Normally after watching my brother play a few games when I’ve been to see him.

Honestly, I still don’t get it. I never will. That is all.
I'm confused about what that means? People are playing different games? Is it about the pay to win stuff?

Paxi

I’m pretty sure I could be a fifa e player.. I spent about 300 quid and I’m absolutely laying the law down. There are people that spend up to 5k :lol:

I’m 100% surei I’d beat 99% of fifa players if I spent 5 fecking K.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Any tips how to get into top 200 in WL. I’m meandering between anywhere gold or elite as it doesn’t really matter. I go on 7-8 win steaks and then it’s like I cannot do anything to counteract.
I’m pretty sure I could be a fifa e player.. I spent about 300 quid and I’m absolutely laying the law down. There are people that spend up to 5k :lol:

I’m 100% surei I’d beat 99% of fifa players if I spent 5 fecking K.
Well for starters if you’re a g1/e3 you wouldn’t be near fifa esport level regardless of team. It doesn’t make that much of a difference.

I’ve been in t100 once and close to t100/200 lots of times usually missing out on skill points. Difficult to give you any general tips to be honest. If you struggle with consisency try to figure out what types of players you struggle against. If it’s the gameplay inconsistency that’s messing it up for you then try practicing in poor gameplay or with silver players.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I haven't played since February (outside of clubs) due to work commitments and also from getting bored of the game, but I hit elite 1 twice in my last two weeks of playing. Despite having played fifa since 98 this has been really the only year where I've played Ultimate team properly (and I still have a lot of problems with the mode), so there was a lot for me to learn to get up to speed (especially the defensive side of the game). Do you know what your weakness and strengths are? After you go on the win streak what causes you to lose, struggling to score or conceding easily etc, or things like game management and holding on to leads? I find that certain formations trip me up more than others and while it's pretty sweaty after every WL game if I was taking it seriously that weekend in the latter stages of the competition I would write down the formation I came up against and anything noteworthy with how I struggled. Sometimes I'd notice a pattern and could take steps to rectify it. I'd also write down things like pass accuracy etc

Tactics and formations are important. It's important to know what the meta is but it's counterproductive to blindly follow it, especially without tailoring it towards your own strengths. At the start of this Fifa everyone recommended either a 4231 or a 442 with lowered depth, with the same instructions. I dislike both formations so I went with a 41212 with attacking fullbacks, but moved to a 3421 with 10 depth, and move back to 7 after a certain amount of wins. I'll often switch formations ingame as well depending on how things are going and how they're playing. One of the guys I play clubs with is a competition player, and when I did play I'd often steal tactics and formations from him, as he enjoyed creating and employing unusual approaches.

I don't know how your connection is but it's vitally important. Because of where I live I use mobile data to play, so if I ever wanted to have a serious crack at WL I would do so at my girlfriends due to her internet. Made a world of difference. Hours on the game are important as well, when I was younger I'd play a lot of different video games but for the last few years it's only been clubs, and this year UT.

The team is quite important, I got quite lucky in that I packed Eusebio fairly early on. I had a pretty poor team as I hadn't spent any money and my reward pack luck had been pretty crap up until that point, but I didn't invest the coins I made particularly well. And just before I quit I ended up creating a weird Spanish only side. I doubt that I'll want or even have the opportunity to go back to playing UT, so if anyone knows a way of gifting another player cards without them being sniped let me know and one of yous can have them. There's nothing that special but there's a couple like Torres, Raul, Portu etc that might be useful for someone with a shit team.

OleBoiii

Bought it yesterday on Steam sale. I'm 8 games in(playing Seasons).

What the feck is going on with the defense AI? Or rather: is there even a defense AI? My defenders do absolutely nothing if I don't manually control them(which sucks, as you can only really control 1 defender properly at the time). Not only that, but they seem to be running in quick sand. I can't count the number of times my opponent plays a through ball to attackers far behind my defense, only for them to reach the ball first practically every time. Getting a clean tackle is also way harder than it used to be. I think my tackle success rate is less than 10% so far. And I've yet to play a game with less than 5 goals combined. Most games it's close to 10 goals.

Granted, it's been 3 years since my last FIFA game, but I used to win Division 1 fairly consistently. I doubt that's gonna happen with this game :p

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Every year I find myself giving up on fifa earlier and earlier, last year I was done around June time this year pretty much done now, play odd game or 2 but just not feeling it anymore.

Paxi

Well for starters if you’re a g1/e3 you wouldn’t be near fifa esport level regardless of team. It doesn’t make that much of a difference.

I’ve been in t100 once and close to t100/200 lots of times usually missing out on skill points. Difficult to give you any general tips to be honest. If you struggle with consisency try to figure out what types of players you struggle against. If it’s the gameplay inconsistency that’s messing it up for you then try practicing in poor gameplay or with silver players.
Sorry for the late reply. I struggle against skill and pace. With regards to myself, I need to learn how to do skill moves. Otherwise I've got this game locked down. I mean, I've been pumped 3 times maximum (I'.e 6-1 etc) after spending 500 hours playing this year. I know it's not that great of a barometer but I regularly hand out 10-1 10-2 etc beatings to people. Of course I went ahead of myself saying I could beat most players this Fifa. Though if I played next 3-4 iteration, I think I could hit Elite and division 1 for sure. I was division 1 until Fifa 14-15 but then stopped putting in a lot of games. If you don't practice, you lose it, at least for a while, as I'm sure you know.

Paxi

I haven't played since February (outside of clubs) due to work commitments and also from getting bored of the game, but I hit elite 1 twice in my last two weeks of playing. Despite having played fifa since 98 this has been really the only year where I've played Ultimate team properly (and I still have a lot of problems with the mode), so there was a lot for me to learn to get up to speed (especially the defensive side of the game). Do you know what your weakness and strengths are? After you go on the win streak what causes you to lose, struggling to score or conceding easily etc, or things like game management and holding on to leads? I find that certain formations trip me up more than others and while it's pretty sweaty after every WL game if I was taking it seriously that weekend in the latter stages of the competition I would write down the formation I came up against and anything noteworthy with how I struggled. Sometimes I'd notice a pattern and could take steps to rectify it. I'd also write down things like pass accuracy etc

Tactics and formations are important. It's important to know what the meta is but it's counterproductive to blindly follow it, especially without tailoring it towards your own strengths. At the start of this Fifa everyone recommended either a 4231 or a 442 with lowered depth, with the same instructions. I dislike both formations so I went with a 41212 with attacking fullbacks, but moved to a 3421 with 10 depth, and move back to 7 after a certain amount of wins. I'll often switch formations ingame as well depending on how things are going and how they're playing. One of the guys I play clubs with is a competition player, and when I did play I'd often steal tactics and formations from him, as he enjoyed creating and employing unusual approaches.

I don't know how your connection is but it's vitally important. Because of where I live I use mobile data to play, so if I ever wanted to have a serious crack at WL I would do so at my girlfriends due to her internet. Made a world of difference. Hours on the game are important as well, when I was younger I'd play a lot of different video games but for the last few years it's only been clubs, and this year UT.

The team is quite important, I got quite lucky in that I packed Eusebio fairly early on. I had a pretty poor team as I hadn't spent any money and my reward pack luck had been pretty crap up until that point, but I didn't invest the coins I made particularly well. And just before I quit I ended up creating a weird Spanish only side. I doubt that I'll want or even have the opportunity to go back to playing UT, so if anyone knows a way of gifting another player cards without them being sniped let me know and one of yous can have them. There's nothing that special but there's a couple like Torres, Raul, Portu etc that might be useful for someone with a shit team.
Sorry for late reply, totally forgotten I written in this thread. Drink, eh?
Weaknesses are -- mostly me psyching myself out. Doing stupid mistakes. I think I could cut out 25% of goals conceded if I stopped fecking around, conceding and then subsequently shitting myself. Also, I would love to learn manuals runs and skills. I can do directional nutmegs pretty well. heel to heel. after that I'm just as likely to feck a move up.

Paxi

Anyone want a FUT team for PC? I switched to PS5 there and haven't really gone back. Giving it away for free. I think I just need to change the email and login details and that's it.
I've nearly finished Drogba moments SBC as well as the 11 players I have there. All untradable.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Sorry for late reply, totally forgotten I written in this thread. Drink, eh?
Weaknesses are -- mostly me psyching myself out. Doing stupid mistakes. I think I could cut out 25% of goals conceded if I stopped fecking around, conceding and then subsequently shitting myself. Also, I would love to learn manuals runs and skills. I can do directional nutmegs pretty well. heel to heel. after that I'm just as likely to feck a move up.
I feel you on this. I played a couple weekends ago with my friend's team and I choked hard at the end. I would go a couple goals up and completely lose my way, giving the ball way around my box or spooning simple finishes and they'd end up rallying, felt almost inevitable. Wasn't used to his team (which admittedly is better than mine) or his tv (yeah, very petty excuse) but I ended up a win away from elite 3, when at one looked point I looked nailed on to go further.

I'm actually not much of a skiller, like you I use heel to heel. I love simple shit like ball rolls and fake stop/cancel shot. The one more flashy technique I like is to fake stop, and instantly go into a Croqueta. Works very well with small agile players which I like to fill my teams with and is pretty deadly and easy to learn.

I haven't really played for months so I'm not sure what the new meta is, but a lot of the players I came across on that weekend were using the bridge (the one where the guy taps the ball and has a slight speed boost) and they were fecking shite at it.

Paxi

I feel you on this. I played a couple weekends ago with my friend's team and I choked hard at the end. I would go a couple goals up and completely lose my way, giving the ball way around my box or spooning simple finishes and they'd end up rallying, felt almost inevitable. Wasn't used to his team (which admittedly is better than mine) or his tv (yeah, very petty excuse) but I ended up a win away from elite 3, when at one looked point I looked nailed on to go further.

I'm actually not much of a skiller, like you I use heel to heel. I love simple shit like ball rolls and fake stop/cancel shot. The one more flashy technique I like is to fake stop, and instantly go into a Croqueta. Works very well with small agile players which I like to fill my teams with and is pretty deadly and easy to learn.

I haven't really played for months so I'm not sure what the new meta is, but a lot of the players I came across on that weekend were using the bridge (the one where the guy taps the ball and has a slight speed boost) and they were fecking shite at it.
Coincidentally I feck up real daft chances as well. Yet when I’m like 2-0 down I’ll play out of my skin — finishing unstoppable goals — you know the ones where you’re just chasing shadows and you don’t feel too bad conceding yourself? Yet when I’m level — I poop myself again. It’s definitely choke city rather than lack of ability to play fifa. I mean if I could get that sorted, I could could up a level or two at least.

I find it absolutely sickening that I have to resort to skills but I think this is the way in the game. At the very least players have to be good on the ball and with FIFA, I find it inconsistent at best. I also hate analog switching — I cannot get used to it and button switches aren’t as fast and 3/4 slow split second switches and you concede.

Also, I’m currently learning meta as I go along but I just know pace rules.

Eddy_JukeZ

Coincidentally I feck up real daft chances as well. Yet when I’m like 2-0 down I’ll play out of my skin — finishing unstoppable goals — you know the ones where you’re just chasing shadows and you don’t feel too bad conceding yourself? Yet when I’m level — I poop myself again. It’s definitely choke city rather than lack of ability to play fifa. I mean if I could get that sorted, I could could up a level or two at least.

I find it absolutely sickening that I have to resort to skills but I think this is the way in the game. At the very least players have to be good on the ball and with FIFA, I find it inconsistent at best. I also hate analog switching — I cannot get used to it and button switches aren’t as fast and 3/4 slow split second switches and you concede.

Also, I’m currently learning meta as I go along but I just know pace rules.
It's pretty much always been the way in FIFA.

Good skill move execution is a good way to separate yourself from others.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Currently 11/12, I am playing so sweaty. Havent played FUT since FIFA 18, that was the only FIFA I played FUT. I absolutely hate the abuse of skill moves, people first touch is even a skill move with no one around them. It is absolutely ridiculous, this year it seems everyone puts Mukiele, Klaiber, Zambrotta etc as CB's. Aah every game is so tedious, in response now I keep possession when I have a 2-goal lead, since everyone is doing everything to win. Started FUT end of April, all I hope is to reach Elite 3 this week.

What I find weird is that I see people with lower skill points do much better than me most of the time. I have about 2200 skill points currently, which isn't extraordinary, however I see people with less finish on 26 wins sometimes. What am I doing wrongly?

fergosaurus

Career mode tends to get ridiculous after a season or two playing with United. Martial and James are unstoppable. Bruno got to 98 on one of my saves. :lol: The attackers get so OP that it's a surprise when you miss a shot. It becomes more like FUT when everyone's stats are boosted to unrealistic levels and it starts to become unplayable. I've been enjoying a new save with Wimbledon far more than the top tier teams recently, it feels like a different game. I think I'll give League Two a bash next.