Gaming FIFA 21

Web of Bissaka

So I've just realise, PES have exclusive rights to both Messi and Ronaldo. Play their cards well and they can finally have best presentation for 2021.

They're winning licensing game and players representatives with Giant clubs. Exciting new players too from the clubs they've partnered with eg. Greenwood, Martial, Bruno, etc. I assume Barca and Bayern have their new hit youngsters this season.

FIFA's best poster boys are just PSG's Neymar and Mbappe isn't it. Not sure who Real's poster boy currently is. Liverpool only has Salah, VVD and maybe TAA too as their best appeals.

Dortmund's Haaland and maybe still Sancho? Borussia have good options for the upcoming games, came close to finalizing the deal with Konami last time but seemingly pulled out at the last moment.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
So I've just realise, PES have exclusive rights to both Messi and Ronaldo. Play their cards well and they can finally have best presentation for 2021.
To be fair they had those two last year and decided Scott McTominay was a better marketing option. I don't think presentation is really their thing.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
It probably be broken more than ever due to Covid. They’d release the usual pitch notes saying they listening.

I bet pro clubs upgrade is they changed the colour of lobby. Crazy how that mode has been ignored for a decade. Could have been something special if they put effort into it.
Yeah 100% Pro clubs could be so much better, I've started playing nba 2k20 this last month and the player career mode on that is night and day from what fifa offers up.

I looked at the reviews and it's supposedly one of the worst ever 2k's, but it's such an upgrade from fifa that I've been loving it :lol:

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Yeah I'm honestly done too. Ive never felt less excited for a fifa as I've endured enough rubbish over the years to know exactly how this version will turn out. At the end of the day you grind weekendleague/rivals all year for "special" cards and for what?

Even Cantona can't tempt me back mainly because of his body type. He will be one of those clunky cards that plays awful in game.

Superunknown

Yeah I'm honestly done too. Ive never felt less excited for a fifa as I've endured enough rubbish over the years to know exactly how this version will turn out. At the end of the day you grind weekendleague/rivals all year for "special" cards and for what?

Even Cantona can't tempt me back mainly because of his body type. He will be one of those clunky cards that plays awful in game.
They should make 2 additions of FIFA. A free-to-play shitty Ultimate Team version for those that want it, and then a proper FIFA with good modes, options, tons of stadiums, a great career/manager type mode, the lot. Plus real innovations to the gameplay, so much more control over tactics, positioning of players, overlaps, etc. Then, put some real effort into Pro Clubs.

Make FIFA Great Again.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
To be fair, peak FIFA has to be playing Pro Clubs when everyone actually plays to their position and passes it and whatnot.

Wish they'd improve offline My Player though. Could be pretty good if they added some features.

dannyrhinos89

They should make 2 additions of FIFA. A free-to-play shitty Ultimate Team version for those that want it, and then a proper FIFA with good modes, options, tons of stadiums, a great career/manager type mode, the lot. Plus real innovations to the gameplay, so much more control over tactics, positioning of players, overlaps, etc. Then, put some real effort into Pro Clubs.

Make FIFA Great Again.

They should yes but the fact is its not a money maker so they've neglected the other modes for years. I'd love a detailed engaging career mode but it wont happen.

They put all their focus on UT and still somehow make a crap game.

Bojan11

Wish they would move to new engine. Unreal engine 5 is out next year, so hopefully they move to that in the next year.

Frostbite is garbage and everyone who has worked with it says the same. You fix one error and ten others come up. That pretty much sums up Fifa patching over the years. Fix one thing and something else pops up.

Respawn made Star Wars fallen order on unreal engine, so maybe there’s hope.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Respawn made Star Wars fallen order on unreal engine, so maybe there’s hope.
Didnt EA make frostbite though? Doubt they'll part with it. Fallen order is bloody beautiful, that intro with the rain is one of the most staggeringly good looking video game acts ive ever seen.

No idea if it can do sports though!!!

Bojan11

Didnt EA make frostbite though? Doubt they'll part with it. Fallen order is bloody beautiful, that intro with the rain is one of the most staggeringly good looking video game acts ive ever seen.

Respawn are owned by EA. They were given a choice for Star Wars game of frostbite and Unreal. They went for the latter.

Fifa has used frostbite since 17 and the gameplay manages to get worse every year.

PES has been using their own fox engine. But for PES 2022 they will be switching to unreal engine 5. More importantly they got more than a year to make it right as PES 2021 will just be a small update.

So hopefully Konami don’t mess that up as Fifa needs competition.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So hopefully Konami don’t mess that up as Fifa needs competition.
I'd love it if they just knocked it out the park one year and completely ruined Fifa in its current state. It's the only thing that would make EA react.

padr81

Supports
Man City

They did but its junk, they only need to look to FF7 to see what ditching an inhouse buggy mess for what is essentially the best funded AAA engine in existence did for Square Enix.

Eddy_JukeZ

I don't have much expectations because of Covid and Frostbite still being the engine(get rid of this crap ASAP).

As long as EA don't revert to a FIFA 19 type gameplay, I'm fine with whatever happens.

If FUT co-op is expanded, that would be great for Twitch streams.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/news/...&utm_medium=social&cid=64219&ts=1596556262486

More info on gameplay.

One of our goals is to ensure that world class players can perform as effectively as their real life counterparts; showcasing the personality of players who are talented in multiple areas and shine brightly in the world’s game.

To achieve that, we are increasing the number of attributes that are used to decide each action’s quality, animation speed, and effectiveness.

• For example, in the past, a through pass used the Short or Long Passing attribute to determine quality. However, in FIFA 21, a through pass is a mix of Short/Long Passing, Vision and Composure attributes.
How has this not been a thing until now :lol: ffs

Woodzy

They really take their fan base for a ride with these updates. Absolute the nonsense, the lot of it.

And I just know i'll end up buying it :(

Bojan11

Meh, every year same old pitch notes article. Can’t believe people fall for this shit still. I’d await till the game is out.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The whole pitch notes article talks the talk but yeah remains to be seen once again.

Macern

Pee pee pants
As always it looks really promising, but I’m sure they’ll mess it all up with an update within a month to take it essentially back to FIFA 20.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Fix the heading ffs. Crosses have become completely useless, unless your attacker is unmarked with no-one within 10 meters of him, and even then they're impossible to be accurate with.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Fix the heading ffs. Crosses have become completely useless, unless your attacker is unmarked with no-one within 10 meters of him, and even then they're impossible to be accurate with.
They’ve said they have. Kind of. Manual heading in this one.

AaronRedDevil

I really hope the ability to tackle and get the ball back will be in this game. But I'm not holding my breath.

hobbers

"One of our goals is to ensure that world class players can perform as effectively as their real life counterparts; showcasing the personality of players who are talented in multiple areas and shine brightly in the world’s game"

Read: Ultimate Team is now going 200% more pay to win than ever before!! All the best players will get even more scripted moments where they win the game for you without you actually having to do anything.

I really hope the ability to tackle and get the ball back will be in this game. But I'm not holding my breath.
New feature introduced - "Immersive Tackling" - actually win the ball from the opposition when you tackle them rather than it just pinging right back to their player. Last seen in Fifa 16.

Maybe we'll also see something like "Physics-based heading" - headers can now go in multi-directions, rather than just straight up in the air. Last seen in Fifa 17.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Meh...

The match sim was in older Fifas. All they've done is bring it back.

I don't believe the opposition AI is fixed either. It will still be same frustrating patterns and having to play a specific way to score goals.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The clips they use to show better attacking and defending by the Ai...looks the same as every other Fifa? :lol:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Shit game. A definite buy from me.

dannyrhinos89

I’m still occasionally playing fifa 20 but a few months ago I decided that I won’t be buying 21. I would’ve normally pre ordered it by now but I have no desire to, these videos have all but confirmed it.

It’ll be the same old rubbish In game, the exact same problems as always will be back.